*** The Official Nova Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I got a call from Dr. Lippman an hour ago that I’m accepted, so they are calling the applicants today! Life isn’t real! Good luck to you all!!
Are you instate? when did you interview>

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from Dr. Lippman!!! Accepted!! I'm over the moon right now. Also I am OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call from Dr. Lippman!!! Accepted!! I'm over the moon right now. Also I am OOS
Congratulations!!! Did your status on AADSAS change before or after you received the call? Did you receive an email, or just the call?

Reactions: 1 user
Are they gonna make calls tomo as well? or Just today. I am getting worried

Congratulations!!! Did your status on AADSAS change before or after you received the call? Did you receive an email, or just the call?
I only received a call; my status still hasn't changed on AADSAS.

Did you all who received a call interviewed with Dr. Lippman?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from Dr. Lippman at 1:30PM!! I’m going to Nova woooooooooo

Reactions: 3 users
I asked, and they said just today

Did you all who received a call interviewed with Dr. Lippman?
I was not interviewed by Dr. Lippman. I was interviewed by Dr. Zeim; he is an endodontist. He was a wonderful interviewer!

Anyone else get a call today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I called the admissions office today and they told that me the next round of calls will be made after February 3rd. I know it's nerve-racking but we have to remain positive and hope for the best!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone accepted on January, could you please post your stats. Thank your

School: Nova
Notification date: 01/06/2020
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20/2019
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/20/19/None
Interview Date: 11/21/2019
GPA (science, overall): I was a transient student so around 3.4-3.6 with the two universities combined

Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20/2019
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/20/19/None
Interview Date: 11/21/2019
GPA (science, overall): I was a transient student so around 3.4-3.6 with the two universities combined
Thank you

Hey all! Anyone know if there is a facebook group for the class of 2024 yet? Can’t seem to find it

Does anyone know the date that the next round of calls will be made?

Hey everyone! I'm currently a D1 at Nova. I'm trying to sell my old textbooks (I have a mix of physical and electronic copies). If you have any questions or are interested please lmk! Hopefully we'll see each other next year. Good luck!

Did you call admissions/write a letter of intent before receiving the acceptance?
I did not call, but I did write a Letter of Intent (LoI). The reason for being waitlisted was that my DAT score was uploaded on November 15, so my application was considered really late - Mr. Mendes said. I completed my Bachelor's degree in 2 years and 8 months, so I couldn't take the DAT earlier, and they considered that after my Lol. Fortunately, my application was strong besides being very late.

Tell them in your LoI how much you appreciate being still considered, tell them about your future plans for the next half a year; explain small defaults of your application if needed, and finally why you think NOVA would be the best fit for you.

Do NOT lose hope!
I can share it with you that I have time to pay my deposit until February 3, so Dr. Lippman and Dr. Galka will sit down and reevaluate how many seats they have to fill on February 4. They will go over the application of waitlisted people again, and they will call you sometime on February 5-7 if you are selected.
There will be plenty of people who will reject their offer, and new offers will be sent out. If you already sent a LoI, do not send another. At this point, your best bet is just to patiently wait, which I know that it's nerve wracking. Maybe send an email or call Mr. Mendes, so your name shows up right before February 3, but I personally wouldn't bother Dr. Lippman or Dr. Galka; especially, if you have already talked to them or emailed them before. They are extremely busy and receive hundreds of emails from the applicants.
I hope this helps, and I truly wish You the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the class of 2024

Anyone accepted on January, could you please post your stats. Thank your

Residency: California
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/23/none below 17
Interview Date: 12/5/2019
GPA (overall): 3.48

I did not call, but I did write a Letter of Intent (LoI). The reason for being waitlisted was that my DAT score was uploaded on November 15, so my application was considered really late - Mr. Mendes said. I completed my Bachelor's degree in 2 years and 8 months, so I couldn't take the DAT earlier, and they considered that after my Lol. Fortunately, my application was strong besides being very late.

Tell them in your LoI how much you appreciate being still considered, tell them about your future plans for the next half a year; explain small defaults of your application if needed, and finally why you think NOVA would be the best fit for you.

Do NOT lose hope!
I can share it with you that I have time to pay my deposit until February 3, so Dr. Lippman and Dr. Galka will sit down and reevaluate how many seats they have to fill on February 4. They will go over the application of waitlisted people again, and they will call you sometime on February 5-7 if you are selected.
There will be plenty of people who will reject their offer, and new offers will be sent out. If you already sent a LoI, do not send another. At this point, your best bet is just to patiently wait, which I know that it's nerve wracking. Maybe send an email or call Mr. Mendes, so your name shows up right before February 3, but I personally wouldn't bother Dr. Lippman or Dr. Galka; especially, if you have already talked to them or emailed them before. They are extremely busy and receive hundreds of emails from the applicants.

Thank you so much for such a detailed response, I'll definitely be taking your advice! I did have one quick question, which email address did you send your letter to? I came across the individual emails of the admins (i.e. Dr. Galka's, Dr. Lippman's, and Dr. Kaltman's emails) but I can't find the general adcom email. Did you send your letter to each of them? Also, congratulations on getting accepted!! Wishing you good luck for your first year in dental school :giggle:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for such a detailed response, I'll definitely be taking your advice! I did have one quick question, which email address did you send your letter to? I came across the individual emails of the admins (i.e. Dr. Galka's, Dr. Lippman's, and Dr. Kaltman's emails) but I can't find the general adcom email. Did you send your letter to each of them? Also, congratulations on getting accepted!! Wishing you good luck for your first year in dental school :giggle:
You're so very welcome! :)
I sent it to [email protected] and [email protected] because they are the ones making decisions, but they do ask Calvin Mendes's opinion because he is the direct contact of the applicants. His email address is: [email protected].
I hope to meet you in August; let me know how everything goes for You! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I sent it to [email protected] and [email protected] because they are the ones making decisions, but they do ask Calvin Mendes's opinion because he is the direct contact of the applicants. His email address is: [email protected].

You sent the letter individually to them or cc'd them? Also, did you receive a response saying it was received?

Thank you!! Looking forward to it haha, I'll definitely pm you if I hear some good news :giggle:

• Love
You sent the letter individually to them or cc'd them? Also, did you receive a response saying it was received?
I sent each email individually. No, I did not receive a response; it was pretty nerve wracking! :(

Residency: California
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/23/none below 17
Interview Date: 12/5/2019
GPA (overall): 3.48
Thank you

Do NOT lose hope!

How do you know the reason you were in waitlist? Did you ask them?

Does anyone know what to do after paying the acceptance fees? Is there a Facebook group for the 2024 class? do we get any emails after paying the deposit?