****The Official OHSU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Is anyone familiar with the wait list at OHSU? I haven't heard anything back from OHSU since my interview on the 29th, so I think it's safe to assume that I wasn't accepted, at least initially. Mark said that everyone who interviews and isn't accepted is placed on the wait list, unless they indicate otherwise. It seems to me, with their new goal of ~35 instate residents, that they would have two different wait lists for instate vs out of state applicants. I would guess that the chances that an instate applicant will turn down an acceptance at a state school, with the lower cost and all the conveniences, is fairly low. Does anyone have experience with the wait list at OHSU? Do I have a decent chance at still getting an acceptance? Or should I 100% commit myself to my reapplication at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Cliff! :D Be patient! They do most of their interviews in the next few months! My fingers are crossed for you!
Hi Amber- so, so fortunate to have interviewed last week and made it in. I'll see you there, if not sooner!

Hi Amber- so, so fortunate to have interviewed last week and made it in. I'll see you there, if not sooner!

Aahh! I'm so excited for you! We're going to be such a cool class!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who got that competitive applicant letter back in November still waiting to hear back for a possible interview? On past year's threads, it looks like they have sent out interview invites all the way through April and May.. :luck:

anyone who got that competitive applicant letter back in November still waiting to hear back for a possible interview? On past year's threads, it looks like they have sent out interview invites all the way through April and May.. :luck:

I'm still waiting, in-state. Hope it will be soon! Keep your hopes up because they interviewed last year into April and accepted people the same week class stated. Good luck to you.

Got my email acceptance today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the interview yesterday.

Mark said there are about 35 seats available for OOS.

If anyone have question, PM me.

^^

Reactions: 1 user
Got my email acceptance today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the interview yesterday.

Mark said there are about 35 seats available for OOS.

If anyone have question, PM me.

^^

Congratulations! If you end up choosing OHSU, don't forget to join the facebook group!

Got an interview, So despite no one posting for weeks in here OHSU is still sending out interviews.

Last edited:
I received an interview today. What is their interview like? What should I be expecting?

Hello everyone!

My name is Tate. I am from Hawaii and will be joining OHSU's class of 2017! Word cannot describe how excited I am to meet each and every one of you. I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing 4 years. :)

Yay! Excited to meet you! Congratulations!

Hey just wanted to say that I got invited for an interview on Sunday, a few days ago. Hopefully some of you who are still waiting will get one as well. Does anybody have any more advice on specific interview questions that I should prepare for?

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured this is the right place to mention the tuition rate increase for those pondering the school. We just learned that tuition will raise 13.5% next year...compared to 5% for medical students. Must be the new building, right? I'd imagine it will keep pace with that rate for a bit, but not sure.

I figured this is the right place to mention the tuition rate increase for those pondering the school. We just learned that tuition will raise 13.5% next year...compared to 5% for medical students. Must be the new building, right? I'd imagine it will keep pace with that rate for a bit, but not sure.

Dang! Thanks for the update!!

I interviewed this Monday the 15th. I got the impression that this last week was close to the last interview dates, if not the very last (I did not ask this question specifically however). Has anyone who interviewed in April heard back from them yet about an acceptance?

I know that they are still conducting interviews both this week and next. Mine is next Thursday. Best of luck to everyone!

I interviewed this Monday the 15th. I got the impression that this last week was close to the last interview dates, if not the very last (I did not ask this question specifically however). Has anyone who interviewed in April heard back from them yet about an acceptance?

When i interview a month ago, Mark told us that they would not be letting anyone know until they had finished all the interviews for these last acceptances (that is for instaters though). So if they are doing interviews both this week and next, then i imagine they would not be sending them out until those wrap up. Are you guys who just interviewed, or are about to interview, insate or out of state?

When i interview a month ago, Mark told us that they would not be letting anyone know until they had finished all the interviews for these last acceptances (that is for instaters though). So if they are doing interviews both this week and next, then i imagine they would not be sending them out until those wrap up. Are you guys who just interviewed, or are about to interview, insate or out of state?
Ok interesting. So have you not heard anything back yet? And I am OOS

No not yet. and i heard that they had not scheduled a time yet to discuss interviews that have happened in the past few weeks. I assume its the same for IS as OOS, so I would not stress about not hearing, and I would not expect to hear till they finish up (apparently in a week or so)

Last edited:
I'm OOS. I just received my invitation to interview on Monday. When I called to schedule, they gave me options for both this week and next. Any advice you can give me on the interview process?

Has anyone else interview IS that hasn't heard back from them at all? I mean I've already put both my deposits down at another school, but OHSU would definitely still be my top choice...I don't really hav any expectations though. Probably just waitlisted, right? If they liked me they would have accepted me almost right after my interview

Has anyone else interview IS that hasn't heard back from them at all? I mean I've already put both my deposits down at another school, but OHSU would definitely still be my top choice...I don't really hav any expectations though. Probably just waitlisted, right? If they liked me they would have accepted me almost right after my interview
I'm sure the committee has met since you interviewed in January, so i'd probably say waitlist like you said :/

Yea, that's pretty much what I figured, just wondering if any other IS applicants had interviewed and were still waiting to hear back. I thought my interviews actually went pretty well, guess not haha

I'm IS and interviewed March 7th. Mark had originally said they would let me know last week in march, first week in april at the latest. I called and the receptionist gave me the impression that the committee hadn't even met about this last batch of interviews yet so I dont really know what to expect

I'm IS and interviewed March 7th. Mark had originally said they would let me know last week in march, first week in april at the latest. I called and the receptionist gave me the impression that the committee hadn't even met about this last batch of interviews yet so I dont really know what to expect
Yea, Mark made it seem like I would know by the end of March at the latest...I had assumed by this point that all 35 IS spots were filled, so why wouldn't OHSU just tell us that we were waitlisted if they have no more spots of IS students? By this point most people would have already put deposits down at other schools, such as myself...why would they wait so late to tell people? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, but neither does that fact that as a public school they accept more OOS than IS applicants. OHSU is by far my number 1 choice, it just sucks because a part of me so desperately wants to go there and still hopes that I could get in, even though I am fairly certain that I won't. I am sure other IS applicants interviewed after me and have been accepted, so obviously there was something they didn't like about me. there was something weird that happened to me while in clinic though...I still wonder if that was the reason that they didn't like me

Every year OHSU says they'll have 35ish in state students. Every year they end up shifting that number because less OOS students choose OHSU as their school. So it ends up being 40-45 in state people that are accepted. Be patient. They are known for accepting people late into the year. Unless you've been rejected outright, you may still have a chance.

Are they still interviewing? Is there still a chance to get an invite to interview?

Yea, Mark made it seem like I would know by the end of March at the latest...I had assumed by this point that all 35 IS spots were filled, so why wouldn't OHSU just tell us that we were waitlisted if they have no more spots of IS students? By this point most people would have already put deposits down at other schools, such as myself...why would they wait so late to tell people? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, but neither does that fact that as a public school they accept more OOS than IS applicants. OHSU is by far my number 1 choice, it just sucks because a part of me so desperately wants to go there and still hopes that I could get in, even though I am fairly certain that I won't. I am sure other IS applicants interviewed after me and have been accepted, so obviously there was something they didn't like about me. there was something weird that happened to me while in clinic though...I still wonder if that was the reason that they didn't like me

OHSU is a state school with ever decreasing state funding. To compensate, they lower the number of IS accepted and OOS accepted (dat. OOS tuition money). Previous years, amberena is spot on. Last year I think is the first year that I've heard that they stuck to the 35IS number.

is OHSU still interviewing at this point? i basically haven't heard ANYTHING from them since I turned in my app....

As someone who hasn't heard back since their interview, should I send in final grades? Maybe an email regarding updating my ECs? Not sure if there's anything I can do at this point...ha

Interview for next week! So everyone who is still waiting, ohsu is still reviewing applicants! Good luck to all waiting for interviews or acceptances. :)

Goodluck! The interview day is pretty relaxed and you have a good chance of getting in if you're OOS.

Last edited:
Interview for next week! So everyone who is still waiting, ohsu is still reviewing applicants! Good luck to all waiting for interviews or acceptances. :)
Wow, still interviewing? Are you in state or out of state?

Crazy how late the interviews are going. I got the invite this week...I'm Out of State...which blows my mind.

Just received my invite in the mail, yesterday. Letter was dated may 9th and envelope was postmarked May 14th. I'm out of state and would have enjoyed a trip to Oregon of it wasn't soo late. Good luck to who receives my interview spot. I did get that email from them back in November (I think) about moving into the next phase and could possibly be invited to an interview.

Got an email last night at 12:02 AM accepting me into the program! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats Best Smile! I got accepted last night too!

Congratulation! Me three! Can't wait to see you guys!