****The Official OHSU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Likewise, I wish the invite had come a little sooner - about 3 months ago - I've already paid 1st and 2nd deposits and bought a house in Mesa. Good luck to whomever gets my interview spot!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My scores aren't anything to write home about...I'm just an average Joe. 19 DAT, 24 Bio, 18 G-Chem, 21 O-Chem - 20 TS. 19 PAT 19 RC. GPA 3.4. Chairside Assistant and a good amount of shadowing.

Class of 2017, What are your living arrangements? Anyone looking for roommates?

Last edited:
Just got a bungalow in NE with my husband! There's people on the class facebook group looking for roommates I think.

When can I expect a rejection? Haha. Has anyone else interviewed and then heard nothing back? I interviewed in January...I know they didn't like me, how long are they gonna wait? Haha

When can I expect a rejection? Haha. Has anyone else interviewed and then heard nothing back? I interviewed in January...I know they didn't like me, how long are they gonna wait? Haha

I remember Mark saying that once all instate spots are filled, an email will be sent to those not accepted (but did interview) stating they are on a wait-list.

Care to share the weird clinical experience during the interview/why you think they didn"t like you?

I was interviewed in March 15th, and have not heard anything since.
No rejection email, no wait-list email, nothing but silence... the wait is killing me...

Does anybody know how many seats are left? last I heard was around 13 seats or so... and something like instate numbers being increase as a few oos dropped out...

I remember Mark saying that once all instate spots are filled, an email will be sent to those not accepted (but did interview) stating they are on a wait-list.

Care to share the weird clinical experience during the interview/why you think they didn"t like you?
PMed you.

Interviewed March 11th and like many, have heard only scarce details through inquiry with the admissions department. Just received an email back from Mr. Mitchell today that stated "Letters were printed on June 21st accompanied by a form that we are using to gage interest as several alternate applicants may no longer be interested in our program" I ran straight to the mailbox but nothing, haha. I will be calling tomorrow to figure out when that letter should arrive. Just thought I would let you guys know the limited info I've received. Congrats to all those who are in! I'm just trying to keep the dream alive for this Fall while reapplying!

Good luck hope to see you in the Fall!

Ddx you ever find out when the letter was supposed to arrive? I am also waiting anxiously haha

I received it yesterday. Going to turn it in today. It requests that you give several contact numbers if you wish to still be eligible for acceptance.

Decided not to submit my alternate form, best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Hello, I just applied to OHSU for the fall 2014 entering class and OHSU is my top choice school. It seems like they don't interview OOS until very late in the application cycle. Is that an accurate assumption?

They begin interviewing a few people in November, but most people don't interview until January or later.

can anyone tell me how strict OHSU is about their elibility requirements in terms of the MCAT. don't want to waste money submitting a secondary, if they are just going to reject it.

thanks in advance!!

Just got an interview for April 5th. Super excited! This was one of my first choice schools and would be thrilled to attend in the fall!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile