*** The Official UF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Interview invite this afternoon!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite this afternoon!
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to the dental schools?

EDIT: And how does UF contact you for a interview invite if I would get one?

First batch
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to the dental schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many seats will be in this class? I see that there is 78 on the facebook group.. If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it (My ADEA book is not near me at the moment). Thanks in advance

I interviewed there recently and they said they will stop interviewing applicants by the end of this month.

How many seats will be in this class? I see that there is 78 on the facebook group.. If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it (My ADEA book is not near me at the moment). Thanks in advance

they said this cycle they received around 1300 applications, they interview 350 applicants for 93 spots. Usually the average oGPA and sGPA is 3.6 and DAT score 20AA 20TS 20PAT. Hope this help!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information!!

I interviewed there recently and they said they will stop interviewing applicants by the end of this month.

they said this cycle they received around 1300 applications this cycle, they interview 350 applicants for 93 spots. Usually the average oGPA and sGPA is 3.6 and DAT score 20AA 20TS 20PAT. Hope this help!

I got an interview invite yesterday for this approaching tuesday. Im having a bit of a panic about the interview portion. Can any give me a little info as to what the atmosphere of their interview was like? I understand its a panel of 2-3 people. Do all of them ask you questions? is it like.. good cop bad cop? is an impersonal interview that is just question and answer based easier than a one on one conversational style interview?

1. Don't freak out; you will not be able to represent yourself well if you are nervous. Most adcoms understand interviewees are nervous, because this is a big deal!

2. 3 person panel, and they all ask questions. As to the tenor of the conversation generally they haven't been mean from what I've heard, read, or experienced myself.

3. Own your narrative. The reasons you want to be a dentist are personal and meaningful to you. So articulate that when they talk to you.

4. Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.

5. Best of luck!

P.S. Check out the SDN interview feed back section for more advice.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf

Last edited:
1. Don't freak out; you will not be able to represent yourself well if you are nervous. Most adcoms understand interviewees are nervous, because this is a big deal!

2. 3 person panel, and they all ask questions. As to the tenor of the conversation generally they haven't been mean from what I've heard, read, or experienced myself.

3. Own your narrative. The reasons you want to be a dentist are personal and meaningful to you. So articulate that when they talk to you.

5. Best of luck!

I appreciate the insight. As a Non-tradition student, I'm playing with house money... Would love to attend UF!

5. Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice. I've had three other interviews that went a little rocky, but this one is definitely the most intimidating.

does anyone know how the waitlist from UF tend to be? possibly anyone from the past? I mean who would reject getting into UF right?

Members don't see this ad :)
After interview did anyones status on the addsas change to received/application complete? Were you accepted after?

After interview did anyones status on the addsas change to received/application complete? Were you accepted after?

My AADSAS was also changed to that status after my dec 10th interview and I have still yet to hear back from them.

mine did ! and no, i havent heard back from them

Last edited:
I called the school yesterday and they told me they will notify us in the beginning of february with their decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw more than 10 D1 in that facebook group

At my dental interview there, they provided me with the information of a UF alumni around my area. Have you guys gotten in contact with your UF alumni? I don't know if I should even though I have no questions to ask

At my dental interview there, they provided me with the information of a UF alumni around my area. Have you guys gotten in contact with your UF alumni? I don't know if I should even though I have no questions to ask

Ya that was my same dilemma, my local contact is a pediatric dentist and I don't really know what to talk to them about so I'm still in limbo about that.

If you don't have any questions then don't ask them. They give you that letter as a FYI not as a requirement of acceptance.

Got the interview invitation today and it is scheduled on January 22nd!

Hi I am an international dentist who got the invitation for 22nd jan..
Can anybody give an insight to how the interview is gna be like?
Any answer will be appreciated..

Thanks

Are you waitlisted too?
yeah =/ and i just got an email about having to do a background check since ive been waitlisted to different schools..did you get that? and its 150$! which i dont kno if i want to pay that if UF isnt even gonna take me =/

yeah =/ and i just got an email about having to do a background check since ive been waitlisted to different schools..did you get that? and its 150$! which i dont kno if i want to pay that if UF isnt even gonna take me =/
Yes, I got it because I was accepted to other 3 schools. They say $150 initially but the final charge can be much less than that, I ended up paying only $35 because I have only lived in one state.

Hi I am an international dentist who got the invitation for 22nd jan..
Can anybody give an insight to how the interview is gna be like?
Any answer will be appreciated..

Thanks

Best of luck! See my above post #211

The interview feedback includes prior used questions and an explanation of how it goes (3 person panel with a conversational style that can vary according to your own application).

When I interviewed apparently it depends on the decisions:

If accepted they will : call+email+certified mail

If alternate: I didn't write it down because I don't consider this a viable option

If rejected: Snail mail

I wrote down the of notice as mid-February. Anyone with a more accurate date then please chime in.

when i interviewed (jan 10) they basically said they'd let us know anywhere from early to mid february. so i reckon somewhere btwn feb 1 to feb 15.

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know when UF stops interviewing ?

does anyone know when UF stops interviewing ?
I remember from my interview they said they were going to finish up all interviews by the end of January. But I interviewed way back in August so it could have changed!

Yes, I got it because I was accepted to other 3 schools. They say $150 initially but the final charge can be much less than that, I ended up paying only $35 because I have only lived in one state.
woops i replied to ur question twice lol. forgot i had replied havent been on this thread in a while. and yeah i found out it was cause of the other school that i was accepted to that i got that background check email. i thought it was 150 so i havent done it yet but seeing that yours was only 35 i hope mines is that cheap too ! lol

Accepted!!!! Just got the phone call today!!

Interviewed there early January! I'm so happyyyy!! :banana:

Looks like some ppl are starting to get accepted into UF. If you get accepted at UF and know you are going to attend, then please withdraw from NOVA ASAP if you know you aren't going to NOVA.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! HOLY **** SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!

Accepted!!!! Just got the phone call today!!

Interviewed there early January! I'm so happyyyy!! :banana:

Hi there Congrats! Can you please tell me if you are an international dentist? Did u give your interview on Jan 22nd?
And do u have any info if they have called all who have been accepted?
Thanks

Congrats!! When did they call? What's the first letter of your last name, if you don't mind me asking. I'm so jealous... been waiting all day.

thanks y'all!!... no i'm not an international dentist. born and raised floridian :) i got the call early this morning! and for the record, sarah in their admissions dept is like the nicest person ever.

thanks y'all!!... no i'm not an international dentist. born and raised floridian :) i got the call early this morning! and for the record, sarah in their admissions dept is like the nicest person ever.

True! Sarah is a sweetheart! Do you mind telling us the deposit deadline?

Since some have received acceptances, does anyone know if this round of acceptances is over?

Does anyone know how they decide? Seems like they started earlier this week. Do they give out decisions this week and then send out alt. and rejections next week? Or do they give out acceptances over two weeks?

Just received an alternates list letter in the mail... Can anyone share a little more info about the alternates list, as far as how many people may be on it and anything else that may give me hope lol. It says in my letter that not everyone makes it to the alternates list, i believe this to be the truth but is this a ploy as only a few people get rejected or is this an actual good thing?

When I got the letter I was dejected to not be accepted, but in reality there are unfortunately a chunk of interviewees who do not get offered a spot on the alternate list. The admissions office does not tell us about where we are on the list unfortunately. So, a bit more limbo for us!

Congrats flybynight and hellokioo!!

When I got the letter I was dejected to not be accepted, but in reality there are unfortunately a chunk of interviewees who do not get offered a spot on the alternate list. The admissions office does not tell us about where we are on the list unfortunately. So, a bit more limbo for us!

Congrats flybynight and hellokioo!!

Thanks for the info buddy, it was very hard for me to open the letter as well as I thought it was going to be a rejection being that I had not received any phone calls. Well at least there is still hope, I really wish I knew how many people there were on the alternates list.