You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official UF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by lr2014
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to the dental schools?Interview invite this afternoon!
EDIT: And how does UF contact you for a interview invite if I would get one?
First batch
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to the dental schools?
EDIT: And how does UF contact you for a interview invite if I would get one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, took them that long? Is that typical of UF?First batch
How many seats will be in this class? I see that there is 78 on the facebook group.. If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it (My ADEA book is not near me at the moment). Thanks in advance
Not sure if its typical of them or not. I was emailed with an interview invite FYI
Wow, took them that long? Is that typical of UF?
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to the dental schools?
EDIT: And how does UF contact you for a interview invite if I would get one?
I interviewed there recently and they said they will stop interviewing applicants by the end of this month.
How many seats will be in this class? I see that there is 78 on the facebook group.. If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it (My ADEA book is not near me at the moment). Thanks in advance
they said this cycle they received around 1300 applications, they interview 350 applicants for 93 spots. Usually the average oGPA and sGPA is 3.6 and DAT score 20AA 20TS 20PAT. Hope this help!
Last edited:
Thanks for the information!!
I interviewed there recently and they said they will stop interviewing applicants by the end of this month.
they said this cycle they received around 1300 applications this cycle, they interview 350 applicants for 93 spots. Usually the average oGPA and sGPA is 3.6 and DAT score 20AA 20TS 20PAT. Hope this help!
I got an interview invite yesterday for this approaching tuesday. Im having a bit of a panic about the interview portion. Can any give me a little info as to what the atmosphere of their interview was like? I understand its a panel of 2-3 people. Do all of them ask you questions? is it like.. good cop bad cop? is an impersonal interview that is just question and answer based easier than a one on one conversational style interview?
1. Don't freak out; you will not be able to represent yourself well if you are nervous. Most adcoms understand interviewees are nervous, because this is a big deal!
2. 3 person panel, and they all ask questions. As to the tenor of the conversation generally they haven't been mean from what I've heard, read, or experienced myself.
3. Own your narrative. The reasons you want to be a dentist are personal and meaningful to you. So articulate that when they talk to you.
4. Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.
5. Best of luck!
P.S. Check out the SDN interview feed back section for more advice.
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf
2. 3 person panel, and they all ask questions. As to the tenor of the conversation generally they haven't been mean from what I've heard, read, or experienced myself.
3. Own your narrative. The reasons you want to be a dentist are personal and meaningful to you. So articulate that when they talk to you.
4. Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.
5. Best of luck!
P.S. Check out the SDN interview feed back section for more advice.
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf
Last edited:
1. Don't freak out; you will not be able to represent yourself well if you are nervous. Most adcoms understand interviewees are nervous, because this is a big deal!
2. 3 person panel, and they all ask questions. As to the tenor of the conversation generally they haven't been mean from what I've heard, read, or experienced myself.
3. Own your narrative. The reasons you want to be a dentist are personal and meaningful to you. So articulate that when they talk to you.
4. Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.
5. Best of luck!
P.S. Check out the SDN interview feed back section for more advice.
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf
I appreciate the insight. As a Non-tradition student, I'm playing with house money... Would love to attend UF!
1. Don't freak out; you will not be able to represent yourself well if you are nervous. Most adcoms understand interviewees are nervous, because this is a big deal!
2. 3 person panel, and they all ask questions. As to the tenor of the conversation generally they haven't been mean from what I've heard, read, or experienced myself.
3. Own your narrative. The reasons you want to be a dentist are personal and meaningful to you. So articulate that when they talk to you.
4. Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.
5. Best of luck!
P.S. Check out the SDN interview feed back section for more advice.
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf
Thanks for the advice. I've had three other interviews that went a little rocky, but this one is definitely the most intimidating.
does anyone know how the waitlist from UF tend to be? possibly anyone from the past? I mean who would reject getting into UF right?
I was wondering the same thing
Are you waitlisted too?does anyone know how the waitlist from UF tend to be? possibly anyone from the past? I mean who would reject getting into UF right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After interview did anyones status on the addsas change to received/application complete? Were you accepted after?
After interview did anyones status on the addsas change to received/application complete? Were you accepted after?
My AADSAS was also changed to that status after my dec 10th interview and I have still yet to hear back from them.
mine did ! and no, i havent heard back from themAfter interview did anyones status on the addsas change to received/application complete? Were you accepted after?
Last edited:
I called the school yesterday and they told me they will notify us in the beginning of february with their decisions.
I saw more than 10 D1 in that facebook groupHow many seats will be in this class? I see that there is 78 on the facebook group.. If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it (My ADEA book is not near me at the moment). Thanks in advance
At my dental interview there, they provided me with the information of a UF alumni around my area. Have you guys gotten in contact with your UF alumni? I don't know if I should even though I have no questions to ask
Ya that was my same dilemma, my local contact is a pediatric dentist and I don't really know what to talk to them about so I'm still in limbo about that.
Got the interview invitation today and it is scheduled on January 22nd!
Hi I am an international dentist who got the invitation for 22nd jan..
Can anybody give an insight to how the interview is gna be like?
Any answer will be appreciated..
Thanks
yeah =/ and i just got an email about having to do a background check since ive been waitlisted to different schools..did you get that? and its 150$! which i dont kno if i want to pay that if UF isnt even gonna take me =/Are you waitlisted too?
Yes, I got it because I was accepted to other 3 schools. They say $150 initially but the final charge can be much less than that, I ended up paying only $35 because I have only lived in one state.yeah =/ and i just got an email about having to do a background check since ive been waitlisted to different schools..did you get that? and its 150$! which i dont kno if i want to pay that if UF isnt even gonna take me =/
Hi I am an international dentist who got the invitation for 22nd jan..
Can anybody give an insight to how the interview is gna be like?
Any answer will be appreciated..
Thanks
Best of luck! See my above post #211
The interview feedback includes prior used questions and an explanation of how it goes (3 person panel with a conversational style that can vary according to your own application).
Any info about when they would announce the acceptance?
When I interviewed apparently it depends on the decisions:
If accepted they will : call+email+certified mail
If alternate: I didn't write it down because I don't consider this a viable option
If rejected: Snail mail
I wrote down the of notice as mid-February. Anyone with a more accurate date then please chime in.
If accepted they will : call+email+certified mail
If alternate: I didn't write it down because I don't consider this a viable option
If rejected: Snail mail
I wrote down the of notice as mid-February. Anyone with a more accurate date then please chime in.
when i interviewed (jan 10) they basically said they'd let us know anywhere from early to mid february. so i reckon somewhere btwn feb 1 to feb 15.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember from my interview they said they were going to finish up all interviews by the end of January. But I interviewed way back in August so it could have changed!does anyone know when UF stops interviewing ?
I know someone who has an interview Feb. 21st.does anyone know when UF stops interviewing ?
yeah =/Are you waitlisted too?
woops i replied to ur question twice lol. forgot i had replied havent been on this thread in a while. and yeah i found out it was cause of the other school that i was accepted to that i got that background check email. i thought it was 150 so i havent done it yet but seeing that yours was only 35 i hope mines is that cheap too ! lolYes, I got it because I was accepted to other 3 schools. They say $150 initially but the final charge can be much less than that, I ended up paying only $35 because I have only lived in one state.
Congratulations !!!!Accepted!!!! Just got the phone call today!!
Interviewed there early January! I'm so happyyyy!!![]()
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! HOLY **** SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!
Accepted!!!! Just got the phone call today!!
Interviewed there early January! I'm so happyyyy!!![]()
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! HOLY **** SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!
Hi there Congrats! Can you please tell me if you are an international dentist? Did u give your interview on Jan 22nd?
And do u have any info if they have called all who have been accepted?
Thanks
Congrats!! When did they call? What's the first letter of your last name, if you don't mind me asking. I'm so jealous... been waiting all day.ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! HOLY **** SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! HOLY **** SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!