THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I have 2 questions. I'm thinking about taking Microbiology this spring. When I add the class to my ADEA ADDSAS application. Do I write the name of the school UNE ONLINE or University of New England & do I choose the spring semester or Interim semester?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, any recent UNE OchemI takers? Any suggestions on professors? any tips I should follow?

Im taking org1 right now. So far, it hasn't been too bad. I'm taking the midterm soon though. Any advice on how to study? Were some questions directly from old quizzes/from the book?

Hello, how did org1 turn out? Any suggestions? Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, how did org1 turn out? Any suggestions? Thank you
Hi! organic one turned out great! It was a lot of work but it was definitely doable. I suggest reading the text, do the problems at the end of the chapters, and also what really helped me a lot was a chegg subscription. Its really nice to have it because there are a lot of similar questions with explanations to the answers and it is very helpful. I

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! organic one turned out great! It was a lot of work but it was definitely doable. I suggest reading the text, do the problems at the end of the chapters, and also what really helped me a lot was a chegg subscription. Its really nice to have it because there are a lot of similar questions with explanations to the answers and it is very helpful. I

Thank you!

Hi I know it's been a few years but would you share any feedback if you ended up taking pathophysiology? Eg. the professor you had, how difficult it was etc Thank you so much

I am taking the physiology class now. I take my first test tomorrow but I don't think it is completely unreasonable yet. I also have already taken physiology with the same book so that might make a difference.

Hi has anyone taken the pathophysiology class? If so , would you please provide any feedback regarding the professor, how difficult (or confusing/mismatched from the professor's lectures) the materials and test were etc. and really just any insight would be much appreciated.

I'd really like to register for it next week but the negative reviews are somewhat intimidating (I absolutely can't afford to lose any more gpa points)

Thank you so much

I have my equipment for the lab still. I rented the IOLab from the university. But it’ll save you some cash.

I finished the course in 7 weeks.
I am about to take Physics I.... Any pointers? I'm finishing up BioChem currently.

If anyone is taking UNE biochem online pm me I can help you out ;) , I got an A in the class

I'll be starting the medical biochemistry course tomorrow for a PCOM-GA pre-requisite. Any input/classmates?

EDIT: Just because I have not seen this information posted anywhere and the last post about it was from 2012:

PCOM-GA will accept UNE Online's Medical Biochemistry course as a prerequisite requirement.

Was curious how the medical biochemistry course went for you? Any words of advice?

Has anyone finished biochem and did well. If anyone can share their notes with me I'd appreciate it. I started the course yesterday.

Curious how the Biochemistry course is going for you? Are you able to get ahead and plan on finishing early?

Does anyone know any way to play the course videos on 2X speed? The web player doesn't give an option to if you right click

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,
I am currently in Orgo 1 lab, Orgo 2 lecture/lab, and Chem 2 lecture/lab at UNE. Has anybody here taken the Chem 2 lab with the Hands on Lab kit, and completed the course?

Was curious how the medical biochemistry course went for you? Any words of advice?
I enjoyed it. It will be very relevant in my second term when we get to biochemistry. It wasn't too hard really, just get the book and memorize the flowcharts.

Does anyone know how long it takes LeClair to post your final grade for medical biochem? I finished my exam at 12:30 last night (ended up with a C+ THANK GOD) and emailed her right after I was done and saw my average in blackboard.

Hey! How was unit 2/4? Was did you find any quizzlets that may have helped?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If anyone is taking UNE biochem online pm me I can help you out ;) , I got an A in the class

Overall what did you think of the course compared to Ochem I and II? How long did it take you to complete it?

Hi, I have 2 questions. I'm thinking about taking Microbiology this spring. When I add the class to my ADEA ADDSAS application. Do I write the name of the school UNE ONLINE or University of New England & do I choose the spring semester or Interim semester?
Thank you!.
The transcript will just say "University of New England," so write that.

Hi everone! I just now discovered the UNE online science program and it just looks too good to be true! My main question, I guess, is - are the online labs listed in your transcript/certificate/whatever they give you specifically as *online* classes/labs? I heard before that med/dental schools don't accept online labs? Thank you in advance for your responses!!
The transcript just says University of New England. It does not say online.

1) The lab work may be more or less necessary depending on the instructor. I was not graded on my submissions through HOL, but the labs did help me on the lab quizzes and final. You will absolutely need the write ups from the lab with the background readings and instructions, because those readings are essentially what they quiz you on weekly and the entirety of the lab final. I know some of the lab final questions came word-for-word from the lab readings. I don't remember Chem 1 but I know there were a few weeks during Chem 2 where the questions on the lab quiz asked about my results from the lab.
2) You can definitely get through these in less than 16 weeks! You will just have to be diligent about getting everything done. I wound up using the full 16 weeks but that's because I took another class in the middle of my allotted 16 weeks and didn't open blackboard or look at chem until I finished my accelerated summer course. I would say I probably spent about 8 or 9 weeks on it.
The labpaq is definitely necessary. You can't do the lab assignments without the kit, so you wouldn't get points for any of those. You basically can't pass the course without the kit and code. I would be nervous about buying a used kit because the HOL company assigns a code to the buyer's name. You would probably need to buy a new code so you might not save any money. And you can't be sure all the stuff is still in there. Just saying.....

Has anyone taken the online zoology course? if so, how did you feel about it.

Hello all,
I am currently in Orgo 1 lab, Orgo 2 lecture/lab, and Chem 2 lecture/lab at UNE. Has anybody here taken the Chem 2 lab with the Hands on Lab kit, and completed the course?

Hey oea5,
Have you taken the OChem 2 Lab final by any chance? Any pointers on the test? I have printed off all my labs and data to include the copied charts throughout the lab. Anything else that is a must to have for the Lab Final? Thank you!

Has anyone take the medical physiology class online? I'm about to take my first exam and very nervous. Did anyone use any outside resources that helped you understand the material better?

Considering taking micro through UNE... anyone with experience in this class? how do the proctored exams work? it is a particularly difficult class? I saw something on a nursing forum (not on SDN) that said it was actually really hard and I def need an A. not planning on taking the lab portion.

I’m currently taking Une’s Online medical biochem course. I am about to take the unit 2 exam. Can anyone tell me whether or not the unit 2 and unit 4 exams are made up of questions from the unit quizzes and review bank? I have master the unit review test and taken multiple versions just want to know if I am “prepared” with those questions or if the actual exam is different

Any advice for gen chem I? I think the format has changed a lot.

Hi everyone i am currently taking UNE chemistry II online. The lectures are just a waste of time and I was wondering if anyone knows of any lectures online which would make this class more digestible? Also, any advice would be great regarding midterms and final. I am doing all the homework problems assigned.

Hi everyone i am currently taking UNE chemistry II online. The lectures are just a waste of time and I was wondering if anyone knows of any lectures online which would make this class more digestible? Also, any advice would be great regarding midterms and final. I am doing all the homework problems assigned.

I would recommend searching YouTube for the topic/concept. You will find many lectures--some really good and some not so--you be the judge. When I teach chemistry 1 and 2, I provide the students with links to many videos on YouTube.

When doing homework problems, be sure to understand the problem thoroughly and be sure that you could explain it to another student.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have any lectures that you find really helpful? As you know chemistry is very dry and not have an instructor who explains anything is quite difficult.

Connect is useful because it keeps track of your strong and weak points. If it's free, definitely take advantage but if you have to pay for it, I'd save my money.
I am trying to decide whether or now I want to take Microbiology through UNE. Would you mind posting a copy of the syllabus and grade breakdown? I want to know how the course is structured and whether or not I could get it done in a few months. Thank you!

I have a bachelors from another university in an unrelated topic, but took all of my pre-reqs online. Most of them at UNE. Here's my $0.02.

Chemistry I - with R. Rowe. Her lectures were a little boring. She seems like a really nice lady, but her voice is kinda monotone so it's hard to listen attentively. Overall, it wasn't horrible.

Chemistry II - w. J. McMillin. Was terrible. She uses Rowe's lectures and notes and is the last instructor I would choose to take this class from. I would personally dissuade anyone from taking her lecture either. I remember a discussion post that I completed all of her requirements and she gave me a really low grade because "I didn't answer the question" even though it was there, as plain as the nose on your face or "respond to other classmates comments" even though I provided meaningful feedback. Luckily, she gave me the opportunity to redo it and I replied to a classmate with the very generic "great job researching this topic..." response and I magically received a 5/5. Plus, I feel like her tests were intentionally tricky; like she felt she had to make it hard to prove something. I remember studying and making great review notecards only to get to the test and have zero information from the notecards on there. She also failed to post my final grades so on my transcript, I had incompletes. She fixed her error but that was a nice small panic attack. Least favorite professor at UNE and that says a lot considering I haven't said anything about statistics.

Organic I - w. I can't remember his name but he sounds like Bernie Sanders. It was hard. So hard, but the material is hard and the professor is generous at grading time. Plus he emails you re: your final grade and tells you thanks/good luck which was a super nice touch.

Organic II - w. R. Rowe. Not as hard as Org I. Interesting information and like I think most people have said on here, easy to complete.

Bio I - w. S. Henry. Awesome. She really is a great professor. She communicates frequently and is an active participant in course discussions. Would recommend without a doubt.

Bio II - G. Fisher. Also great. Would also recommend.

Anatomy - The course is listed under one professors name, but is taught by a gentleman with a French accent that takes some getting used to. I had to rewind lectures many times to re-listen to what I was being told. Lab is absolutely horrible. It's just a bunch of badly taken photos and memorization. Retook this course elsewhere and did a million times better.

Statistics - L. Koban. No. Find this course somewhere else online. The book she uses is awful. I had blazing fast internet at home and yet somehow the way her lectures were recorded made them take almost an entire day to get through. There are reviews of her on ratemyprofessor that will give you the full picture. I don't for one second doubt that she knows what she's teaching, but her delivery of it and subsequent questions/assistance are awful. Ended up retaking this course at another school and did so much better.

Microbiology - M. Frisardi. Tons of work, but really informative and great. Grades quickly too. Her lectures are a little scattered, but there's a lot of info and she really makes you retain what is learned.

So that's my opinion on the courses I've taken at UNE. Would I do it again? Maybe for some of them, but at the time they were the first school I found and I jumped. I'd encourage someone without a timeline to look around. Except for the Bio and Microbio classes. They're worth it.

Hi, I just found your post. I know that it has been almost a year since you posted this, but could you describe the microbiology course in detail? How is the course structure? Are there weekly quizzes or projects? I want to know if I would be able to complete this course in a couple of months. If you still have access to it, would you be able to post the syllabus for the class? Please and thank you!

Hey everyone, has anyone here taken UNE Chem II Online? How on earth do you prepare for the tests? I feel like everything is self-study and I want to make sure I am prepared for the 100 exam questions that will come my way on Proctor U. Any advice? Please.

Hey everyone, has anyone here taken UNE Chem II Online? How on earth do you prepare for the tests? I feel like everything is self-study and I want to make sure I am prepared for the 100 exam questions that will come my way on Proctor U. Any advice? Please.

Perhaps take an online course where all the quizzes/tests/final are open-book, open notes, and collaboration with others is encouraged? In that way, you can take your time and not have to hassle with Proctor U (or its equivalents).

Looking at probably taking the bulk of my prereqs through UNE. I took microbio there in 2015 - tough class, a good one, but tough. Pretty sure my prof was Frisardi since that sounds familiar. Figured I would probably bomb the final and - the proctor just happened to mention it was open-book (zero mention of this beforehand) and I just about peed my pants. This was all after they gave me an extension on the course (just emailed me since they saw I was falling behind, no extra fees, no punishment whatsoever) which saved my butt. Definitely recommend it if you need micro, but be prepared to put in the work.

Just registered for Gen Chem II starting next week. Thoughts for what would be best to take along with it? I still need both Orgo, both Physics, and Biochem. I'm thinking Physics I. Will follow up with the others after a few more paychecks, haha. Haven't had physics since HS (2002 yikes) and hoping to take the MCAT in early summer. I work FT from home (lots of down time) and shouldn't have a problem knocking this chem out within a month or two max.

Hey guys, just started anatomy. Saw a lot of posts about Chem classes, but does anyone have any advice for anatomy. Also, how long did it take you to complete? Want to finish quickly.

Hey guys, just started anatomy. Saw a lot of posts about Chem classes, but does anyone have any advice for anatomy. Also, how long did it take you to complete? Want to finish quickly.
I'm also interested to hear if anyone has any more insights to this class than the few posts that can be found farther back in this thread, as I just started UNE anatomy today.

I'd like to finish by the end of March/early April. Is this reasonable?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also interested to hear if anyone has any more insights to this class than the few posts that can be found farther back in this thread, as I just started UNE anatomy today.

I'd like to finish by the end of March/early April. Is this reasonable?
I haven't taken A&P at UNE, but in general, it's a subject you don't want to rush. Is this your first anatomy class? If not, you can probably knock it out relatively quickly.

Hi everyone

I need help. Does anyone know if UNE online is a 4-year school?
I'm trying to take physiology to satisfy my pre-vet requisites.
I need to take a systemic physiology upper-level course in a 4-year school.
If anyone has any info regarding this, it would be much appreciated.