THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone take UNE Orgo II lab as of recently? How was the lab final? Any advice/tips would be appreciated.
how was your lab final ? mine is next Wednesday any tips?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all! Taking the CHM 1021 Lab final on Friday (professor is Klinkerch) is anyone else in this class?! Looking for some major tips to do well on the final! Let me know! :)
how was the final ? any tips that you can share?
Thanks

Hey, Guys, I am taking Orgo II with lab with
Ryan Gianatassio
and I have all my exams midterm, final lab final next Tuesday and Wednesday any tips on how to prepare for them ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty pissed. I filed for an extension to complete Ochem I with my professor due to the unfortunate passing of a family member during my length of the course. I'm essentially being told that my circumstances dont qualify as being extenuating and that my request is going to get denied. Ive completed the majority of course work as well. But I guess my few days of travel time and circumstances aren't enough. Completely ridiculous.

I’m finishing up Organic Chemistry 1 now. I plan to take Biochemistry with UNE as well, to satisfy my conditional acceptance to medical school. How would you guys compare the level of difficulty of their biochem course to orgo 1?

Anyone know where I can take Orgo 1 online besides UNE (expensive)? I was supposed to take it through DCCCD Online (cheap), but the class was cancelled because the professor decided to retire. I need to take it this Fall. Please reply to this message or PM me. Thanks!

I just finished Organic 2 lecture online at Moorehead.

Reactions: 1 user
How much did it cost? Do they offer the lab too?

Sent from my SM-N950U using

For some reason the cost depended on which state you lived in. It was around $1400. Super relaxed, great organization, cool teacher. No lab offered though.[/QUOTE]

For some reason the cost depended on which state you lived in. It was around $1400. Super relaxed, great organization, cool teacher. No lab offered though.
Proctored exams? Does it show that the course was taken online on your transcript?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Ryan Gianatassio
and I have all my exams midterm, final lab final next Tuesday and Wednesday any tips on how to prepare for them ?
I am in the same Lab as you. I'll be taking my lab final sometime next week too.

How is the O-lab 2 going so far? What are the quizzes based on?
So far so good. The labs are all virtual. You just answer questions based on analysis. The quizzes are kind of just there to make sure you do the lab. But they are only worth 40 percent of your grade. The final is 60 percent. So I am kind of wprriwo about that one

Members don't see this ad :)
Ryan Gianatassio
Good luck on your exam! Can you let me know if final is similar to quizzes?

I just finished the UNE CHEM 1021 (organic chemistry II). I'm looking to enter my coursework into AACOMAs, has anyone done this before? How do we enter the 'term' when adding the school on the AACOMAS application? The transcript from UNE says the term is 'Academic year 2018-2019' but I don't really know how I would enter that into AACOMAS (start and end month/year)?

To anyone wondering about the difficulty of the course/completion time, I will confirm it is fairly easy and a great way to get this prereq out of the way. I started the course June 20 and completed it July 24th and got an A. I also hate and seriously struggled with ochem 1 at my university, this subject just doesn't come naturally for me. I needed the prereq completed by August 1st. I finished 1 week early to allow for my final grade to be processed by UNE on time, just to be safe.
I completed the course in about a month while working part-time and to be honest I barely worked on the course over the weekend (was camping, watching world cup soccer, celebrating my bday)....so it is definitely possible to finish quickly while still enjoying your summer! It just requires time management during on weekdays to just crank it out. Feel free to message me if you have more specific questions.

Reactions: 1 users
I just finished the UNE CHEM 1021 (organic chemistry II). I'm looking to enter my coursework into AACOMAs, has anyone done this before? How do we enter the 'term' when adding the school on the AACOMAS application? The transcript from UNE says the term is 'Academic year 2018-2019' but I don't really know how I would enter that into AACOMAS (start and end month/year)?

To anyone wondering about the difficulty of the course/completion time, I will confirm it is fairly easy and a great way to get this prereq out of the way. I started the course June 20 and completed it July 24th and got an A. I also hate and seriously struggled with ochem 1 at my university, this subject just doesn't come naturally for me. I needed the prereq completed by August 1st. I finished 1 week early to allow for my final grade to be processed by UNE on time, just to be safe.
I completed the course in about a month while working part-time and to be honest I barely worked on the course over the weekend (was camping, watching world cup soccer, celebrating my bday)....so it is definitely possible to finish quickly while still enjoying your summer! It just requires time management during on weekdays to just crank it out. Feel free to message me if you have more specific questions.
I was in the same position as you a few ago weeks! Just enter it as summer term 2018 since you technically took it in summer and you should be fine

This sounds weird, but I'm trying to do anatomy and physiology with labs online to fulfill any nursing or clinical lab technologist prerequisites in case I want to leave my options open to apply to "alt DIY" routes (for example CLT has clinical hematology, cytology, high level clinical coursework etc) -- my question is in general, do "pathway to certification" programs accept A&P programs from UNE (as opposed to med schools themselves). I'm not trying to impress med schools with UNE online courses, I'm just trying to get into other programs but I can't afford to do a proper postbac or risk having a postbac that won't actually do anything for me if I don't get into medical school.

Hi all, I have my Orgo 2 midterm this weekend, I have all the lecture slides printed out, quizzes with answers, homework with solutions, and the textbook, but I do not have the Carey supplement. Is this really needed or are there any other suggestions on materials to have on hand? Thanks!

Has anyone completed UNE Medical physiology1010? I would like to know how do you calculate 30% of your grade is the exams. I scored high on all the physioex labs, HolScience labs, powerpoint, microsoft excel. I scored low on the 1st physiology test and the 1st histology test. Scored higher on the 2nd Histology exam and I have not taken the next 2 physiology exams. Help I am almost done

Hi all, I have my Orgo 2 midterm this weekend, I have all the lecture slides printed out, quizzes with answers, homework with solutions, and the textbook, but I do not have the Carey supplement. Is this really needed or are there any other suggestions on materials to have on hand? Thanks!
I don't think its necessary as long as you have the wavelength values for IR, CNMR and HNMR, etc from the slides. The Carey supplement was nice for looking those up quickly in one resource, but I think the slides work just as well, if not better if you know where to find things relatively fast. I finished that exam with an hour left and I double checked every answer. Other textbook won't really help for the 1st midterm, only for the final. Its easier than I anticipated after reading this thread FYI, and I suck at ochem. Just be familiar with the material and have the slides handy & you'll be good.

Has anyone taken the Physics 1010 Midterm/Final. I'm preparing to take both and was wondering what to expect from both tests? Is it mostly word problems or is there a mix between word problems and general knowledge? I feel like I have most of the material down but it takes me some time to work through each problem and I'm afraid I will run out of time so I need to develop a strategy. Also, for those that have taken the tests, how did the difficulty of questions compare to the homework and quizzes? Thanks!

They were both really hard, nothing like the quiz/hw prob., really tricky questions that take a lot of time to solve. Only a few were conceptual type q's, most were math prob.. Time was a big issue, especially on the final, like you have to be so quick. And they just have to give you lame q's that are not hard but take forever to solve like matching 20 vectors, and those are the "easier" probs. Do the final practice questions for sure. A lot of those showed up on the final or were very similar to those. Hint: most of the q's come from sapling online hw, so find someone taking physics somewhere that has access to it or go on chegg and search sapling and most of them are there with answers but it takes a long time to search for them. Definitely look at any graph type ones, their nothing like the quiz/hw so you won't be prepared for them. I'll pm you more info.
Ugh, I was hoping it would be easier or at least on par with homework. I'm little surprised that no one has had issue with Physics here. Biochem was a nightmare, but at least people gave a solid warning. Thank you for the advice, I 'll keep practicing for sure.

Heads up for anyone taking the Orgo 2 lab final, I took mine today and there were numerous grammar mistakes in the questions, and very serious ones. There was even one question that started something like "what was the role of X in the lab" WITHOUT telling you which lab they were referencing, and it was something in multiple labs. It really threw me off my game while testing because there isn't anyone around for you to be able to ask questions, and you never get to see your results or questions again. The test ended up bringing my grade from an A to a B+ (when I got an 86 on the final) because it is 60% of your grade. I messaged the instructor about it, but they can't do anything about the questions, so be prepared for the random questions where you really just have to make a guess because there is no way to guarantee the answer is correct.

Hey friends, quick question, how do exams work with these online courses? Are there set dates for exams or is there flexiblity for that?

Hey friends, quick question, how do exams work with these online courses? Are there set dates for exams or is there flexiblity for that?
You schedule the exams on ProctorU website and you put in the date and time and they give you time slots that are available to take the test. For the most part, dates are very flexible and lots of available times. It's pretty easy actually.

There's flexibility, you schedule it with an outside proctor place (proctoru) if it is a proctored exam, not all are

Heads up for anyone taking the Orgo 2 lab final, I took mine today and there were numerous grammar mistakes in the questions, and very serious ones. There was even one question that started something like "what was the role of X in the lab" WITHOUT telling you which lab they were referencing, and it was something in multiple labs. It really threw me off my game while testing because there isn't anyone around for you to be able to ask questions, and you never get to see your results or questions again. The test ended up bringing my grade from an A to a B+ (when I got an 86 on the final) because it is 60% of your grade. I messaged the instructor about it, but they can't do anything about the questions, so be prepared for the random questions where you really just have to make a guess because there is no way to guarantee the answer is correct.

Thanks for the heads up. Was the final mostly questions about the prior labs? I'm enrolled in the lab only and will be starting it soon.

Hi everone! I just now discovered the UNE online science program and it just looks too good to be true! My main question, I guess, is - are the online labs listed in your transcript/certificate/whatever they give you specifically as *online* classes/labs? I heard before that med/dental schools don't accept online labs? Thank you in advance for your responses!!

Last edited:
Hi everone! I just now discovered the UNE online science program and it just looks too good to be true! My main question, I guess, is - are the online labs listed in your transcript/certificate/whatever they give you specifically as *online* classes/labs? I heard before that med/dental schools don't accept online labs? Thank you in advance for your responses!!

Hello dmd21,
To answer your questions, I believe (not 100% sure) that your UNE transcripts will not indicate online on them. Also, there are probably just a few medical schools that specifically state that they do not accept online science pre requisites, but honestly it may not be that big of a deal as long as your package is solid. UNE is an accredited school, it also has its own medical school so it's viewed much higher than most online schools. I think you should be alright, but best thing to do is to contact your specific school you are applying to and ask them directly. Most of the labs that you do are physical labs that consists of various kits, to include chemicals in Chemistry and iOLab sensor for Physics. Anyways, hope that helps.

Thanks for the heads up. Was the final mostly questions about the prior labs? I'm enrolled in the lab only and will be starting it soon.

It was really similar to the questions asked on the quizzes. Difference between the two really boiled down to the final being 60% of the grade and not well proofread or set up for for covering multiple labs without a way for you to know which one they were referencing in some questions. Hitting those problems without a teacher to ask clarifying questions is very frustrating for me.

I've taken both lecture and lab online with UNE - the transcripts are just like any other. They do not have online any place on them.

Very flexible. You can literally schedule whenever you want. I was able to schedule mine on 4th of July (which I was surprised by) and in 24 hours notice after deciding to just get it over with on my day off. Super convenient.

Thanks! On an unrelated note, I'm currently trying to figure out a schedule for the Microbiology course, to those who have taken that via UNE, what was your course completion schedule like?

Also! I noticed there was this optional study resource (again for microbio) called CONNECT. Is that useful?

Also! I noticed there was this optional study resource (again for microbio) called CONNECT. Is that useful?

Connect is useful because it keeps track of your strong and weak points. If it's free, definitely take advantage but if you have to pay for it, I'd save my money.

Has anyone taken the Physics 1010 Midterm/Final. I'm preparing to take both and was wondering what to expect from both tests? Is it mostly word problems or is there a mix between word problems and general knowledge? I feel like I have most of the material down but it takes me some time to work through each problem and I'm afraid I will run out of time so I need to develop a strategy. Also, for those that have taken the tests, how did the difficulty of questions compare to the homework and quizzes? Thanks!
I'm working on completing this course and have found it very challenging, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. Definitely ran out of time on the midterm, so I'm pretty nervous about the final. Let me know if you have any advice. I've been methodically working on problems and trying to go over concepts.

I'm working on completing this course and have found it very challenging, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. Definitely ran out of time on the midterm, so I'm pretty nervous about the final. Let me know if you have any advice. I've been methodically working on problems and trying to go over concepts.
Yeah I m going to take it this weekend. I am stressing out since I've postponed the test couple times already. I wish we had little bit more time. I hope you finish the class strong and good luck!

Anyone know where I can take Orgo 1 online besides UNE (expensive)? I was supposed to take it through DCCCD Online (cheap), but the class was cancelled because the professor decided to retire. I need to take it this Fall. Please reply to this message or PM me. Thanks!
doane university offers a great online premed curriculum

Has anyone finished biochem and did well. If anyone can share their notes with me I'd appreciate it. I started the course yesterday.

Hi guys. Predental here. How hard is their Microbiology class?
I am planning to take it this spring as my school does not offer
Microbiology next spring.

Last edited: