THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if all Texas schools accept courses from UNE? Looking at taking Chem 2 and Ochem 2.

DO or MD? most DO do but call em up, check the MSAR for MD schools

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone taken the anatomy course? how was it and can you complete it in less than 16 weeks?

I took it at UNE and it was harder. I thought the closeup pictures were misguiding. Basically, you had to memorize the picture and what part it was. Whereas when I had anatomy in a high school honors class you learned the part and it's relationship to the surrounding areas. I took A&P I and II at NMJC and learned so much more than I did through my UNE anatomy course. Also cost 1/3 of the price and there was a 6 or 8 week late start course.

I don't know why the two classes are so different in requirements and grading? Has anyone taken Phys 1011, did you like it?

PHYS-1011: Physics II for Health Professions
Grade Breakdown

Homework 13%
Quizzes 13%
Unit 1 Project 16%
Unit 2 Exam 16%
Unit 3 Exam 6%
Unit 3 Project 10%
Lab 20%
Discussion 6%

I'm taking this right now and need to finish in 8 weeks or less. I am about half way through the course and it's not bad. Like someone else said, watch the videos and understand the homework and you should be good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know why the two classes are so different in requirements and grading? Has anyone taken Phys 1011, did you like it?

PHYS-1010: Introductory Physics I for the Health Professions
Grade Breakdown

Homework 5%
Discussion Boards 10%
Weekly Quizzes 20%
Laboratory Component 20%
Midterm Exam 20%
Final Exam 25%

PHYS-1011: Physics II for Health Professions
Grade Breakdown

Homework 13%
Quizzes 13%
Unit 1 Project 16%
Unit 2 Exam 16%
Unit 3 Exam 6%
Unit 3 Project 10%
Lab 20%
Discussion 6%

Are there any exams for PHYS 1011? Which professor did you take it with? I'll be taking it in the near future.

Are the classes at UNE accepted by all DO schools? Has anyone asked if MD programs accept these online courses?

If anyone needs the LabPaq for chem 2 at UNE, please message me!! It's brand new!!

Has anyone taken biol 1010 (gen bio 1) with Sharon Rapach-Henry? I'm looking into taking this class over summer, and wanted some feedback

Reactions: 1 user
How does online lab works? Do they mail the chemicals or do I use an online virtual lab?

Does anyone have any advice on preparing for the UNE Microbiology lecture final? Also, how does it compare to the unit exams both in terms of substantive difficulty and time per question?

Does anyone know if all Texas schools accept courses from UNE? Looking at taking Chem 2 and Ochem 2.

Just an FYI for anyone else applying in Texas.

Contacted all the schools on the TMDSAS list and there were two that got back to me and stated online courses for Pre-reqs are not acceptable.

Has anyone taken biol 1010 (gen bio 1) with Sharon Rapach-Henry? I'm looking into taking this class over summer, and wanted some feedback

I did. You should take it. She's a great instructor. Really involved and participates in discussions.

Hey can you please tell me how the proctoring situation was were they staring at you with hawk eyes did they ask for id and was there any other good professor you recommend to take was there a final curve since you feel you didn't answer all the questions or did you answer all of them? Is this a fair class like if you put in the work will you get an A?
Hello,
I am currently in the same boat as you were. I am taking orgo2 with Giantassio right now. How was the lab final? any study tips? I have to make at least a B in this class in order to keep my acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I am currently in the same boat as you were. I am taking orgo2 with Giantassio right now. How was the lab final? any study tips? I have to make at least a B in this class in order to keep my acceptance.
Pm me

Hello!! anyone taking pathopysiology at UNE, I am suppose to start next Wednesday and I would like to get some input I would really appreciate it.

Lol jk,

I’m taking Orgo 1 rn and it’s pretty chill haha

What are you studying at PCOM-GA?
I have applied to their MS program at Philly, and I’m waiting to hear back.
Who did you take this course with ?

Hey there! I was thinking of taking Physics II at UNE in 9 weeks. From what I read I guess the normal time frame is 12-14 weeks. I was wondering for those you have taken it if it's possible and still get a good grade? I won't be working and this is the only class I am taking.

Hello!

I recently completed Orgo II with a lab with Rebecca Rowe. Overall i would definitely recommend taking this course to anyone who just needs to finish the class. I got an A- in the class and B+ in the lab with VERY MINIMAL effort. Some things I wish I knew going in:

1.) Don't buy the books through the UNE library. You absolutely do not need the online access card at all. No homework or reading assignments use this feature. Total waste of money. I don't think the chapter from Campbell is necessary either, but I didn't buy it so I don't know what I was missing.

2.) If you do nothing else but print out every lecture and lab quiz (after you submitted so it shows the correct answers) I think everyone should be able to get at least a B. Questions that don't correlate with those quizzes are often word for word in the textbook. You have way more time than needed to take these tests so you can look up every question. The first midterm is harder than the final exam. The lab exam was the most difficult for me of all 3.

3.) The discussion posts were actually the hardest/most tedious. Just put as much info as you can for each question but the prompts are not clear and you don't know for sure what she's looking for

Theres a lot of hate for Prof. Rowe on this thread. I found her to be super nice and totally reasonable. Yes her lectures are boring, but so is Orgo. If you're the type that wants the professor to personally explain every concept for you, then you won't like her. But everything you need to know is in her lecture slides, so I didn't reach out to her much at all. Basically, I would totally recommend taking her class.

If you are disciplined, you could finish this entire course within a couple weeks.

How is the UNE Microbio course? Also any suggestions on how to do well?

Has anyone recently completed PHYS 1011 and have the IOLab: The Pocket Physics Lab
(ISBN: 9781319149918) they're willing to sell? My class starts this Wednesday.

Hi guys i'm starting physics 2 tomorrow at UNE. Does anyone have any advice to offer for this course?

Hi guys i'm starting physics 2 tomorrow at UNE. Does anyone have any advice to offer for this course?

Sign up for chegg study, someone gave me that advice and it saved me, all the homework questions were on it and almost all the quiz questions, the rest were super easy to look up in the book

Has anyone recently completed PHYS 1011 and have the IOLab: The Pocket Physics Lab
(ISBN: 9781319149918) they're willing to sell? My class starts this Wednesday.

I have my equipment for the lab still. I rented the IOLab from the university. But it’ll save you some cash.

I finished the course in 7 weeks.

I have my equipment for the lab still. I rented the IOLab from the university. But it’ll save you some cash.

I finished the course in 7 weeks.
I purchased the equipment already, I think I'll do the same and just rent the IOLab from the school. Thanks!

How much time per day/week did you spend on the course to finish in 7 weeks?

what campus do you put when adding UNE as a "college attended" on AMCAS?

I purchased the equipment already, I think I'll do the same and just rent the IOLab from the school. Thanks!

How much time per day/week did you spend on the course to finish in 7 weeks?

I had already started taking this course at a different university and was about half way through the semester with an 'A' when I got a job opportunity that I couldn't refuse across the country. So I took it and dropped the class. Thinking I had time to finish the course as I wasn't going to get a spot. Then I did and was scrambling. lol. Anyways, I did 6 labs in one day and then the other 8 the next day. Took a day to do the unit projects. Homeworks/quizzes a day a piece... TBH, I probably spent 2 hours a day working on stuff. Give or take. Minus the labs that took all day to do.

If anyone is taking Physics II and wants the equipment for cheaper. I can send you my box that I have. Everything is still in its packaging. Venmo or something. PM me.

My professor just submitted my final grade for the course. How soon will it be posted on my official transcript?

Anyone take UNE Orgo II lab as of recently? How was the lab final? Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Is there a thread like this for UC Berkeley Extension? Looking for some tips on how to study for the final for Human Anatomy?

How long does it take to receive your grades once youve messaged the professor you’re done?

I was interested in UNE Online Courses until I saw that a college level algebra course was required in order to apply for Med Gen Chem 1010... I don't know of many year 1 chem classes that require a algebra pre req:rolleyes:

Hello!

I recently completed Orgo II with a lab with Rebecca Rowe. Overall i would definitely recommend taking this course to anyone who just needs to finish the class. I got an A- in the class and B+ in the lab with VERY MINIMAL effort. Some things I wish I knew going in:

1.) Don't buy the books through the UNE library. You absolutely do not need the online access card at all. No homework or reading assignments use this feature. Total waste of money. I don't think the chapter from Campbell is necessary either, but I didn't buy it so I don't know what I was missing.

2.) If you do nothing else but print out every lecture and lab quiz (after you submitted so it shows the correct answers) I think everyone should be able to get at least a B. Questions that don't correlate with those quizzes are often word for word in the textbook. You have way more time than needed to take these tests so you can look up every question. The first midterm is harder than the final exam. The lab exam was the most difficult for me of all 3.

3.) The discussion posts were actually the hardest/most tedious. Just put as much info as you can for each question but the prompts are not clear and you don't know for sure what she's looking for

Theres a lot of hate for Prof. Rowe on this thread. I found her to be super nice and totally reasonable. Yes her lectures are boring, but so is Orgo. If you're the type that wants the professor to personally explain every concept for you, then you won't like her. But everything you need to know is in her lecture slides, so I didn't reach out to her much at all. Basically, I would totally recommend taking her class.

If you are disciplined, you could finish this entire course within a couple weeks.

hey! so I'm about to take the Lab final for this class on Friday (except I have a different professor) but I NEED some advice for how to do well on this! I have an 89 in the Lab right now and really need to get an A, a B+ at the least! Idk if the material is super similar but if you have any suggestions or advice PLEASE let me know!! Feel free to message me privately if thats better:) thanks!

Hey y'all! Taking the CHM 1021 Lab final on Friday (professor is Klinkerch) is anyone else in this class?! Looking for some major tips to do well on the final! Let me know! :)

hello guys! im a prepharm student, well, i actually got accepted and am set to start this August, however, i need to finish Biochem and Orgo 2 Lab through UNE. 2 questions:

1. i just paid today and my courses are set to begin June 20th. How am i going to be able to get access to the class? do you receive an email with a link? or how does it work?

2. i have about a month and a half to finish both these courses, does that seem reasonable on timing?

thanks guys!

hello guys! im a prepharm student, well, i actually got accepted and am set to start this August, however, i need to finish Biochem and Orgo 2 Lab through UNE. 2 questions:

1. i just paid today and my courses are set to begin June 20th. How am i going to be able to get access to the class? do you receive an email with a link? or how does it work?

2. i have about a month and a half to finish both these courses, does that seem reasonable on timing?

thanks guys!
The school will email you with info and you will get access to the course through UNE blackboard.

That all depends on how much time you have to dedicate to the courses. I just started the PHYS class about 2 weeks ago and am half way through. I've also dedicated several hours throughout the week to work on the course between work and my thesis for my masters...hence I have no life...
So you could finish both course within that time you just need to be good about your time management.
Good luck and congrats on Pharm school!

I was interested in UNE Online Courses until I saw that a college level algebra course was required in order to apply for Med Gen Chem 1010... I don't know of many year 1 chem classes that require a algebra pre req:rolleyes:
You can take it without the pre reqs. It's just preferred.

Hello, I am looking to take the Biochem UNE course online, it starts June 20 and it is a 16 wk course. However, I really need to finish it before July 30, has anyone had any experience with this or think that it is feasible as it is a self-paced course

hey! so I'm about to take the Lab final for this class on Friday (except I have a different professor) but I NEED some advice for how to do well on this! I have an 89 in the Lab right now and really need to get an A, a B+ at the least! Idk if the material is super similar but if you have any suggestions or advice PLEASE let me know!! Feel free to message me privately if thats better:) thanks!
Hey, I am about to take the Organic 2 lab final too. Did you take it already? How did it go if so? I was wondering what else might we need besides what we have from performing the labs, not to much mentioned about about how to prepare for or what to have other than the materials from the labs?

Im taking org1 right now. So far, it hasn't been too bad. I'm taking the midterm soon though. Any advice on how to study? Were some questions directly from old quizzes/from the book?

Im in Org 1 right now. How did it go for you?

hey whats up guys, i was looking into possibly doing a few classes at UNE. A few questions though.

I was planning on dedicating all my time towards 3 weeks of Chem 2 and 4 weeks of Physics 2. it that a reasonable goal if i were to take both classes as if they were 40 hr jobs?

how are the class experiences like? did you all find the classes to be easy? hard? in between? would you have preferred them on campus?

thanks in advance everyone.

does anyone know if the final for bio 1010 with Dr. Fisher is based off of lecture material only or is it lab and lecture?