****The Official University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I interviewed Feb 22. and it was for a waitlist spot. So yes the class is full. However I was put on the waitlist exactly one week following, and today I got a call from Dr. Jeffers. SO. If you want to go to Detroit, go to the interview ;)

I guess you can conclude the waitlist is moving

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the waiting list too.. they had just asked on Friday for another reference letter, so I am hoping that implies that they are interested! I really hope I get in!

Good luck man! Get that ref letter quick-like and make it a gooder!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted still debating on whether to attend or waiting to hear from other schools? I'm on the waiting list and waiting is so hard!!!! :(

boiii, just got a call today, interviewed last Wens

Just got the email on wensday, put on the waitlist. Now it's time to learn about a little thing called patience, I'm stressing about being patient!

Last edited:
got a call from Betsy yesterday to schedule an Interview. Wait listed at NYU.

Finally in. See you all there. :D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted Super Happy :))))))))

when was your interview, when were you put in wait list and when did u get accepted? I interviewed on 04/27/2012. was advised that classes are full, but they might be expanding the classes.

My interview was April 13th, and got acceptance on April 19th.

just fyi.... Detroit mercy (for this entering year) has increased its class size to 140 (from our current 96)... and they are trying to go all the way up to 160 :eek:

Wow, how did you find that info? That's quite the jump in class size!

I was interviewed in early february and wait listed shortly after...then I heard they were almost doubling the class size so I figured I would hear something positive in the next few months. Needless to say I'm a bit discouraged considering at the time of my interview the class was full but now with so many new spots yet no good news I'm thinking my chances must be pretty slim. This sucks

just fyi.... Detroit mercy (for this entering year) has increased its class size to 140 (from our current 96)... and they are trying to go all the way up to 160 :eek:

So is this going to continue? I'm applying to UDM this coming cycle..will the class size be 160 for this cycle too? That would be nice...

Wow, how did you find that info? That's quite the jump in class size!
its all over the school, even the janitors know about it lol

I was interviewed in early february and wait listed shortly after...then I heard they were almost doubling the class size so I figured I would hear something positive in the next few months. Needless to say I'm a bit discouraged considering at the time of my interview the class was full but now with so many new spots yet no good news I'm thinking my chances must be pretty slim. This sucks
the new class size is VERY new stuff, I HIGHLY doubt they have all spots full and its detroit mercy, this school is notorious for accepting students up to 2-3 days before orientation. IMO, you still have a great shot of getting in

So is this going to continue? I'm applying to UDM this coming cycle..will the class size be 160 for this cycle too? That would be nice...
Yes, they need the funding badly.

Okay wait so one more question...will the ratio of in state to oos seats be the same?? Or will they favor one over the other? For the extra seats that is? I know it's a private school, but some private schools favor in-state students. I think UDM is one of them? Based on one of the excel charts doc toothache made??

Okay wait so one more question...will the ratio of in state to oos seats be the same?? Or will they favor one over the other? For the extra seats that is? I know it's a private school, but some private schools favor in-state students. I think UDM is one of them? Based on one of the excel charts doc toothache made??
no... mercy doesn't favor in vs out of staters.... the reason there are more in-staters is because well... many local kids would rather stay in-house (such as much myself)

an out of stater has the same theoretical chance as an in-stater.

Has anybody on the waitlist had the gall to ask the admissions staff how many people are sitting on the waitlist so far?

What exactly do you mean by this?
I forgot which one it was, but one of their main funding was cut off recently, so they needed to GREATLY increase their class size to make up for the loss.... I think it was approx 4 million per year fund (not 100% sure of the details)

What effect is this going to have on the incoming class? I'm assuming the sim lab isn't equipped for 140 students or if the clinic will have enough chairs anymore?

What effect is this going to have on the incoming class? I'm assuming the sim lab isn't equipped for 140 students or if the clinic will have enough chairs anymore?
hmmmm.... I don't know the effect.

I do know they are going to split-system semesters. Half the class will be in 1 section (8 weeks), and the other half in the other section.

So for example, if first semester of DS1 has 10 classes.... Half of you guys will take 5 classes for 8 weeks, and then for the 2nd 8-weeks, u take the other 5 classes. Doing it this way will not effect simlab too much, as it is already equipped to handle (approx) 100+ students

Wow... I received a phone call from the school on Fri but I missed it so they left a voice mail. The lady asked me if I'm still interested in the school and call her back with my response. I felt weird because they rejected my application 2 months ago. Now I know why :)

Wow... I received a phone call from the school on Fri but I missed it so they left a voice mail. The lady asked me if I'm still interested in the school and call her back with my response. I felt weird because they rejected my application 2 months ago. Now I know why :)
oh gawd, theyr desperate :laugh:

very good news for those of you whom are on the wait-list

So...going to say yes? :)

They called me a couple of months ago to ask if I'm still interested (did not interview) and I told them I had multiple offers Dec 1 and accepted one already. Then they wanted to know where I was going, which schools I interviewed etc. I wondered why they wanted a full analysis!
Now I see they need the info to be a little more proactive next cycle. They really started too late to invite applicants.

UDM also called me in February asking if I was still interested. I said yes... and then in April I got an interview and was just placed on the alternate list on Monday. Hopefully there will be some movement in the near future!

Does anybody know what the percent is for students matriculated to UDM dental?

It's usually around 80% of those with deposits ending up with the class. I think last year they had 37 off the alternate list get offered spots. the thing I am not sure about is the expansion of the class. When I interviewed, in mid February the class was all but full and they were close to being done with interviews. But with the addition of 60 or so spots not sure if they are going to pull kids who were on the wait list or interview new ones. I sure hope it is the former

UDM is most likely done filling their class. The class is at 120 people right now, and is most likely to stay at that mark for this year. That being said it is still possible a few people with deposits may choose another school. Best of luck to all of you on the waitlist. Also, next year they are looking to increase the size to possibly 160 students.

They say most of the movement comes in June, even some later than that. I am on the waitlist, and I am optimistic I will get an offer but you never know.

UDM is most likely done filling their class. The class is at 120 people right now, and is most likely to stay at that mark for this year. That being said it is still possible a few people with deposits may choose another school. Best of luck to all of you on the waitlist. Also, next year they are looking to increase the size to possibly 160 students.

i was rejected earlier in february and received an email today for an interview invite. the message said that the current class is to be expanded and they were re-evaluating select applicants. does anyone have more information about this? I see that there are still some on the waitlist and i'm not sure if I am interviewing for an alternate/waitlist position

i was rejected earlier in february and received an email today for an interview invite. the message said that the current class is to be expanded and they were re-evaluating select applicants. does anyone have more information about this? I see that there are still some on the waitlist and i'm not sure if I am interviewing for an alternate/waitlist position
I interviewed early February, and there were only a few spots open then, so I was essentially interviewing for a spot on the alternate list. I'm hoping to hear something soon, wish they would offer so I don't have to wait for my number one school. Anyways, as to your question, if they are at about 120 right now, everything I've heard is they intend to go all the way up to 160 and this is from some reliable people inside the school. I'm assuming you'd be interviewing for a alternate list, but a lot of cases is they place you on the waitlist and call you soon after with an offer.

I hope to hear something soon, but if they're still trying to get people in to interview means there are still spots available. Also I've been told that in end of May/June a lot of the Canadian dental schools send out their offers and a lot of times there are Canadian students currently in UDM's class that will opt to go to a school in Canada over the US, and this results in movement off the waitlist.

I also called them a week ago and they said there was some slow movement off the waitlist. I'm not sure if I'm on a different waitlist than people who interviewed after me since there are new spots being opened up. Typically there is a decent amount of movement, so I'm staying optimistic and staying in contact with them.

I wish I had some more information to add to the discussion, but I don't. I did see that the last two months a lot of the acceptances came on the Thursday and Friday before the end of the month so maybe next week or the one after we will see some legitimate movement on the waitlist.

The school is still awaiting a response from CODA to further increase the class size. Be patient.

The school is still awaiting a response from CODA to further increase the class size. Be patient.
Thanks, do you know if they're increasing up from the original 96 or trying to extend past 120?

I heard that the class of 2012 is now 120, but they are trying to expand spots up to 140. They are gonna have a meeting to discuss about this issue in July. Someone correct me if i am wrong. By the way, is there anyone who got off the waitlist since 4/19?

I heard that the class of 2012 is now 120, but they are trying to expand spots up to 140. They are gonna have a meeting to discuss about this issue in July. Someone correct me if i am wrong. By the way, is there anyone who got off the waitlist since 4/19?

They are trying to increase the class size to 160. They are still awaiting a response from CODA. Without CODA approval they cannot increase the class size. However, the school
Is confident that they Will get the approval within couple weeks, if that happens then students from the wait list will be offered a position.

They are trying to increase the class size to 160. They are still awaiting a response from CODA. Without CODA approval they cannot increase the class size. However, the school
Is confident that they Will get the approval within couple weeks, if that happens then students from the wait list will be offered a position.

well they emailed me last week to contact them regarding an interview
then ignored all my calls, voicemails, and emails for a week.
is that at all responsible?

well they emailed me last week to contact them regarding an interview
then ignored all my calls, voicemails, and emails for a week.
is that at all responsible?

its sad.... UDM admission is not the same since the main lady that used to run it (since the 90s) quit last year.