***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2017***

hi,

When is ur interview at UDM. I have an interview on Saturday (09/23/12). I am nervous myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I'm actually leaving right now from IL to UDM. Who is going to be there tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I'm scheduled to interview on Oct. 13th, Saturday. Anyone want to split the cost of hotel and ride? Let me know! Thanks and good luck to everyone interviewing at UDM!

Hi everybody,
I just received an email a few hours ago about an interview call from UDM. They already gave me a date for oct 13th. That is so soon, and the thought of it is just making me very nervous. Any tips on what to expect? This is my first one, so I am pretty nervous. For the ones that already had there interviews, how did they go?

how long did udm take to cash out your check?

I sent a money order to them around the end of August if I remember correctly..After that I just heard from them today about the interview...

For those who interviewed at UDM, do you mind sharing your experience? Thanks.

I just got the invitation for an interview in 10/13, IN resident. Excited!!! Can't wait to explore the school. Need to call to schedule the time tmr.

who here has detroit mercy as their number one choice?

would anyone who got invited post their g.p.a. and stats? I'm hopefully gonna apply next year and would like to get some kind of idea on the gpa part

received an interview invite today!

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone receive an application complete email from detroit mercy at all? just wondering but i haven't heard a peep from them since I turned in my primary

did anyone receive an application complete email from detroit mercy at all? just wondering but i haven't heard a peep from them since I turned in my primary

At least in my case, there was no confirmation email from them. There however was a letter that came in the mail stating that the application was complete.

Q reposted below!

Last edited:
after scheduling your interview, did you receive an confirmation letter via email or snail mail? I was told that i will receive it via snail mail but it seems like everyone instantly received it via email after setting up the interview

after scheduling your interview, did you receive an confirmation letter via email or snail mail? I was told that i will receive it via snail mail but it seems like everyone instantly received it via email after setting up the interview

I got the confirmation via ups they express mailed it to me

How long is the interview? I scheduled mine at 10:30AM. When will I be done by?

They usually last about an hour, give or take. However, my interview actually lasted an hour and a half. So it just depends on your interviewer, and how the conversation is going.

So it is just the interview, and there's no tour/lecture etc? The reason I ask is so I can know what time my returning flight should be. Thanks.

There's a Tour of the facility and clinics, some presentations/Q&A sessions, and the interview (different order depending on what group they put you in). If you're told to be there at 10 AM, you'll probably be done by 3:00 PM. I took a 6 PM flight after that, and made it to the airport with some time to spare and grab dinner. I think if you're told to be there at 7/7:30 AM, you finish around 12 or 12:30 PM.

When I visited the school, it was just an interview and tour. The interview lasted an hour and a half and the tour took about a half an hour at most to complete.

is cab the best way from airport to the school? Any other cheaper way?

who here has detroit mercy as their number one choice?

I'm an instate applicant hoping to get into UDM. I interviewed there a couple weeks ago and had a great experience. Everyone seemed very friendly, the facilities were nice, and the interview was laid back.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I know, I think it is the only way to get to the school. The cab fares range from 42 to 55 dollars from the airport to the school.

Cab is the best bet. If you're over 25, then a rental car might be cheaper (free parking at the school), but if you're not over 25, then the rental surcharges for being an irresponsible youngster might make the cab the cheaper option.

is there any chance for me with theses anywhere???!!

PAT:18
AA:17
TA:17
GPA:3.4

i havent heard anything from this school since July.

I got an interview too! Just kinda wondering how the safety is around the school.Anybody know?

I got an interview too! Just kinda wondering how the safety is around the school.Anybody know?

I'm a current DS1 at UDM. Let's just say it's not an area where you would go for a run, lol.

I am still waiting from UDM!! Althought I did apply pretty late, end of August and waited till mid September to write my DATs. I really hope I get a pre-December interview! UDM #1!

chill man, I'm sure you'll hear something pretty soon :p

Yesterday, I just got an interview on Nov 3rd as well. Do you is there any other way to get to the airport from the school?

Any advice for a Canadian applicant? I will be sending in my application for next cycle, if any other Canadians want to share stats/advice/tips that would be greatly appreciated. :oops:

I just read on the Mercy website the following:

"The University of Detroit Mercy, a Catholic university in the Jesuit and Mercy traditions, exists to provide excellent, student-centered, undergraduate and graduate education in an urban context. A UDM education seeks to integrate the intellectual, spiritual, ethical, and social development of our students"

I may be over-thinking it, but for people that know more about UDM, do they integrate religion in the curriculum?

Hey guys, quick question. I have interview at UDM on 11/3, but I forgot if my time is 10 or 10:30. Can anyone else interviewing at the time let me know the correct time? Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile

I am still waiting from UDM!! Althought I did apply pretty late, end of August and waited till mid September to write my DATs. I really hope I get a pre-December interview! UDM #1!

Hmm. I submitted my app in late June/early July, and I just got an invite from them, after December 3rd. I was second batch guys, so I'm not sure if they are going back through the batches looking for more people or what? Either way, the first day they offered me was Dec 4th, but I am booked for Dec 18th. Kinda hoping I don't have to go. Good luck!

Hey guys, quick question. I have interview at UDM on 11/3, but I forgot if my time is 10 or 10:30. Can anyone else interviewing at the time let me know the correct time? Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile

I'm not sure, but I just got off the phone, and the times I was offered were 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. You can check with them again maybe? Not sure. Just arrive at 9:55?

I just read on the Mercy website the following:

"The University of Detroit Mercy, a Catholic university in the Jesuit and Mercy traditions, exists to provide excellent, student-centered, undergraduate and graduate education in an urban context. A UDM education seeks to integrate the intellectual, spiritual, ethical, and social development of our students"

I may be over-thinking it, but for people that know more about UDM, do they integrate religion in the curriculum?

Nope, they don't.

I'm not sure, but I just got off the phone, and the times I was offered were 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. You can check with them again maybe? Not sure. Just arrive at 9:55?

could you kindly share your stats?

Alright thanks. Got me a bit worried for a second. I know Loma Linda is like that but wasn't sure about Mercy.
There are no crucifixes in the clinic that I could see when I visited. Detroit is a racially and religiously diverse place and the student body at UDM tends to reflect that diversity.

I received an interview invitation but haven't received the letter by mail :(. I was wondering if anybody could give me interview location and anything I might have missed to bring to the interview?

Much appreciated! And good luck to everybody :luck:

could you kindly share your stats?

Sure! I'm not sure if it will help you; I submitted my app to this school in late June/early July, so they may be looking for more competitive applicants now?
Anyway, DAT - 20, gpa-3.6 OOS.
hope that helps! Good luck!