***The Official University of Florida College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone received a rejection or waitlist? Or are they still calling?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am a D1 at UF and just waited to take the time to say Congratulations to everyone who got accepted today! This is a big day, and was one of the happiest days of my life, so I am soooo excited for y'all! I can't wait to get to know all of you! And to those who haven't heard anything yet, don't give up hope, several people in my class did not hear until January or much later! Our class has gone ahead and created a Facebook group for your class, but as of right now I can't find it on Facebook, so maybe check later today and it will be live, search UFCD Class of 2024. Feel free to message me if you have questions or you can post them in the Facebook group once you join. Once again, Congratulations! :clap::claps:

can you post the FB link when you find it? i can't find it either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
For those still waiting to hear back... when did you interview? Just curious, I interviewed end of August

i’m still waiting, interviewed in october

For those still waiting to hear back... when did you interview? Just curious, I interviewed end of August
I interviewed on 10/18. Sarah told me they would be done calling before 11AM, so I don't think we will be hearing from them today if we haven't already.

Anyone see portal changes to waitlist? Just wonder when they will notify us if we are waitlisted

Anyone see portal changes to waitlist? Just wonder when they will notify us if we are waitlisted

On the email sent out it said by December 6th rejected or waitlisted status will be changed no later by then

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Just got an email saying I was placed on the waitlist. Any idea how many applicants get placed on this each year??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying I was placed on the waitlist. Any idea how many applicants get placed on this each year??

Just got the same email for the alternate candidate list or whatever, apparently only a small amount of people receive that email

waitlisted... seems like most of you are also waitlisted

Waitlisted as well. Does anybody know around how many people are on this list?

Waitlisted as well. Does anybody know around how many people are on this list?
looks like almost everybody... at least who I know are all getting waitlisted, but they do rank us so maybe that makes the difference

Hey anyone that has been waitlisted are they going to the UF event on December 15th?

Hey anyone that has been waitlisted are they going to the UF event on December 15th?

Pretty sure that’s for accepted students.

Will they start accepting people off the waitlist as soon as people start declining offers? Or will they wait until January to notify us of anything? I’m stressed lol

Reactions: 2 users
For the accepted students day on the 15th, is that just for students or are parents also invited? Do students’ families usually go?

Were there any students got off the waitlist last year? I don't think there will be a lot of people who will drop the seats...

Interview #5
School: University of Florida
Notification date: 1/7/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20
Application complete date: 10/1
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.29, 3.43
Graduate GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.74
Total GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/24/none below 17
Interview Date: January 17, 2020

Has anyone heard back from the waitlist yet?

Based on previous years threads I think this week will have the next round of acceptances

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on the alternate list today via email. Interviewed January 22nd. Per the email, a response can be expected as late as May.

Has anyone been accepted since Dec 2nd or post-dec interviews? I just called UF and they said they are now starting to update statuses...

Hi, anyone remembers if students are allowed to use CAD/CAM technology in clinic?

I just gave up my seat as OOS. And anyone holding 2++ seats would have to make decision soon. I believe waiting list is moving.

Sorry for the late response, I was accepted off the waitlist 3/11. :soexcited: