***The Official University of Florida College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

It is quite depressing seeing all of you get your supplemental already. I feel like I am watching everyone unwrap Christmas presents and I have none. But I am hopeful ya'll are all in state and us out of state will get it soon.

I wouldn't worry too much especially because they're technically starting early this year. Last year the first interviews were given out on 7/20 and this year they gave out the first ones on 7/5. It has only been 4 weeks in the cycle so I wouldn't worry at all. My friend who got accepted to UF last year said that it took them 2 months to get back to her and give her the supplemental and she ended up interviewing in october.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I just received the supplemental yesterday (7/7)! I am a bit confused on how to answer the activities section as I am heading into my senior year of college and will not be taking a gap year. Should I enter stuff I've done in past summers or?

activities are anything you are doing. if you are still shadowing then put shadowing, if you're in class put that, and if you're continuing to volunteer then put that. It is for whatever you plan on doing before matriculation.

Reactions: 1 user
activities are anything you are doing. if you are still shadowing then put shadowing, if you're in class put that, and if you're continuing to volunteer then put that. It is for whatever you plan on doing before matriculation.

Thanks so much! I think my confusion stemmed from them asking for activities we’ll be doing while not enrolled in college. Since I’ll basically be enrolled in college until dental school starts, I wasnt sure what to put. I think I’m overthinking it a bit lol. Also @Sandman2008 I’m hoping you get your supplemental soon! Stay positive

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out that they have sent out some supplemental apps to oos applicants

Anybody know of decent places to stay? It's about a 4 hour drive for me so probably can't just drive up morning of.
Stay in the Drury inn and suites. It’s affordable and absolutely amazing. They give free food multiple times a day, the place is so clean and refreshing. Best place I stayed at during interviews. This is not an advertisement I’m just passionate about getting fresh to death before interviews and this place was the best

Reactions: 1 users
Stay in the Drury inn and suites. It’s affordable and absolutely amazing. They give free food multiple times a day, the place is so clean and refreshing. Best place I stayed at during interviews. This is not an advertisement I’m just passionate about getting fresh to death before interviews and this place was the best
Thanks for the recommendation. Surprised how nice this place is.

Members don't see this ad :)
How was it? :laugh:
It was a thing that happened. Lol.

I won't say too much because I'm not sure how they'd feel about it, but I will say that what has been said in previous threads is true. It is not a warm and cozy interview. Some had 3 on 1 some had 4 on 1. It was intimidating, and honestly tough with some of the questions.The staff outside of the interview room are super friendly and wonderful.

Anyone have an idea when OOS applicants are provided supplementals/invited for interviews at UF?

If you were asked to fill out an supplemental is that a pretty good indicator of being selected for an interview? OOS and just got supplemental request sent last week.

If you were asked to fill out an supplemental is that a pretty good indicator of being selected for an interview? OOS and just got supplemental request sent last week.
I sure hope so!

does anyone know how many total interviews and total acceptances UF gave out previous years?

After you submitted both parts of the supplemental apps did yours guys status change in AADSAS from “Received/waiting for additional information” or did it change?

Are we supposed to send our drivers license/ passport to that email for US permanent residents?

Hey all, I'm applying next year but read this thread in excitement for next year! What are supplementals? I've never heard of them before. Good luck to everyone!

To anyone that has completed supplemental application or got interview invite last year:

I submitted my AADSAS on June 4th and have been updating new activities on it. I received request for supp app in the end of July. Supp app requires us to include new activities that are not on AADSAS application so I DID NOT include my new activities on supplemental application. Now I think I have made a HUGE mistake :(. I emailed U of Florida but they have not responded. Anyone faced the same issue? :( What should I do?

To anyone that has completed supplemental application or got interview invite last year:

I submitted my AADSAS on June 4th and have been updating new activities on it. I received request for supp app in the end of July. Supp app requires us to include new activities that are not on AADSAS application so I DID NOT include my new activities on supplemental application. Now I think I have made a HUGE mistake :(. I emailed U of Florida but they have not responded. Anyone faced the same issue? :( What should I do?
I did not include any new activities on the supplemental and for the part that asked what my plans were between graduation and starting dental school, I said I was traveling. In my opinion that probably doesn't have anything to do with it because I received an interview. Did you do both parts of the supplemental? What are your stats? are you IS or OOS?

Reactions: 1 users
I did both parts of the supplemental, and the one I was talking about is the dental school supp app (not the U of F supp app). Thank you for your response- I am concerned because I have done many more things between June 4th and the date they sent me the supp app invite. And I am OOS :) I'm not comfortable with publicly sharing my stats but you can message me :)

Does anyone know who the interviewers are?

I have just received an interview invite today for the afternoon committee interview. What time does the afternoon session end for the last person to be interviewed? Also, I am considering between flying to Gainsville airport vs Jacksonville. I'm afraid of missing the 55-min connecting flight if I have to fly to Gainsville airport. Thank you.

I have just received an interview invite today for the afternoon committee interview. What time does the afternoon session end for the last person to be interviewed? Also, I am considering between flying to Gainsville airport vs Jacksonville. I'm afraid of missing the 55-min connecting flight if I have to fly to Gainsville airport. Thank you.
I also received the interview invitation yesterday and it will be at 10:15. I'm so confused with the afternoon and morning sessions. What is the 10:15?

I think the last one was at 3:30 or 3:45 so they probably got out around 4. You leave once the interview is done so if you have a 2:00 interview, youll be done by 2:30.

Anyone had success rescheduling U Florida interview?:( i might not be able to attend the assigned interview date

Anyone had success rescheduling U Florida interview?:( i might not be able to attend the assigned interview date

Someone I’m my interview on Friday had rescheduled from an earlier date. I would contact them as soon as possible and you should be good.

Finally received my supplemental! Don't lose hope people!!!

Just got an invite for interview for Sep 18th, anyone who have done it have some tips please?

Just got an invite for interview for Sep 18th, anyone who have done it have some tips please?

Just be yourself. Don’t talk super fast. Practice a lot. They ask pretty basic interview questions like why dentistry etc.

Does anyone know if the grading system is P/F or letter grades? Thank you!

How many people submitted supplemental app but got no invite for interview?

Does UF still send out interview invite? It is end of Oct now...