***The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if people were waitlisted in April, that must mean that people were pulled up in April as well?!

Yes, depending on when students start rejecting their spot in the class. I've seen some people get pulled off the waitlist early March (checking past forums). The latest I heard someone get off the waitlist and accepted into the class was August. It is unfortunate that we don't know where we are on the waitlist, or if they already started pulling people off now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, depending on when students start rejecting their spot in the class. I've seen some people get pulled off the waitlist early March (checking past forums). The latest I heard someone get off the waitlist and accepted into the class was August. It is unfortunate that we don't know where we are on the waitlist, or if they already started pulling people off now.

Simmmy you’re on the waitlist then? Do you know how many people are on the waitlist??

Simmmy you’re on the waitlist then? Do you know how many people are on the waitlist??

Yes, I heard on Feb 1st that I was offered a waitlist position. I interviewed in January. I don't know how many people they put on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm not really active on this site but since everyone seems to be wondering about waitlist movement, I just got pulled up off the waitlist on Friday and will be attending UMN. So, it is moving!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I'm not really active on this site but since everyone seems to be wondering about waitlist movement, I just got pulled up off the waitlist on Friday and will be attending UMN. So, it is moving!
Are you in-state, out of state or international?

AA: 19
PAT: 21
GPA: 3.55

Aww, I have similar stats but didn’t even get an interview OOS too. Not sure what I should do differently next cycle, but will probably check out the reapplication event.

Edit: Thanks for sharing with us :)

It was a couple weeks ago when I met with admissions. People are only pulled up from the waitlist if students decide to give up their spot in the class

Oh, so being on the waitlist means the class is already full! I was under the impression that they might have had some open spots, and just made the waitlist so they could receive some more time to evaluate the waitlisted candidates and establish their ranks! Did you get pulled up yet, Abby?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they send out "invitations" to the wait-list once the class filled up a while back. Nope I'm still on the wait list, fingers crossed now that it's moving though!
I see!

Oh, so being on the waitlist means the class is already full! I was under the impression that they might have had some open spots, and just made the waitlist so they could receive some more time to evaluate the waitlisted candidates and establish their ranks! Did you get pulled up yet, Abby?

Yeah they send out "invitations" to the wait-list once the class filled up a while back. Nope I'm still on the wait list, fingers crossed now that it's moving though!

Thanks for the information! Best of luck to you, Abby!

CONGRATULATIONS SAVE THE MOLAR BEARS!!! :soexcited: I am so happy for you!!! I have been following this thread hoping to see an acceptance come your way!! See you in August! :highfive:

April Fool’s :(:p

But thanks, hehe!!

Just got a call from minnesota saying the waitlist is now active and moving! Did anyone else get the call?

I got a call too, but I'm an International student

nope, haven’t heard a word since my october interview

My dude, have you reached out to them? I would, but I never heard a word from them in general, so I’m just gonna wait until I get a flat rejection to reach out and talk about reapplication.

Based on my observations, it appears that the waitlist is moving for OOS/international students at the moment! :) Anyone know anything about IS or have contacted the school lately?

Got the call up from the alternate list last week! Very thankful and thrilled that I will be attending the U. I had a post-dec interview.

What's up classmates?? :highfive:

Reactions: 4 users
I learned that someone in-state got an acceptance on May 10th.

3 spots left, but I assume they are waiting for applicants to make a decision.

3 spots left, but I assume they are waiting for applicants to make a decision.

Any idea how long they would give these applicants to decide whether or not to accept their offer? I just do not understand how the class is not full yet, haha! Also, any word on how big the 2023 DDS class will be?

Any idea how long they would give these applicants to decide whether or not to accept their offer? I just do not understand how the class is not full yet, haha! Also, any word on how big the 2023 DDS class will be?

No idea on how long these applicants have to decide. The class size seems to be hovering just below 110, which is still assumed to be the class size as it has been for the last few years.

No idea on how long these applicants have to decide. The class size seems to be hovering just below 110, which is still assumed to be the class size as it has been for the last few years.

Dang! Any of the waitlisted people here hear anything? Super interesting! Hahaha

I was accepted from the waitlist! Heard back on the 6th of May. I am OOS and had my interview in December.

Reactions: 4 users
I didn’t hear from the U since my interview in October. Is it worth emailing them about the updates? Anyone know if there is still a spot left?

I didn’t hear from the U since my interview in October. Is it worth emailing them about the updates? Anyone know if there is still a spot left?

Are you waitlisted? Looking at last year, they had a couple of acceptances mid-June and one in early July. That’s all I saw on SDN anyways. To my knowledge, there are 2-3 spots remaining, but it is likely that these spots are pending the decision of the waitlisted applicants at the top of the alternates list.

Are you waitlisted? Looking at last year, they had a couple of acceptances mid-June and one in early July. That’s all I saw on SDN anyways. To my knowledge, there are 2-3 spots remaining, but it is likely that these spots are pending the decision of the waitlisted applicants at the top of the alternates list.
I don’t think I’m even waitlisted. I didn’t hear anything back from the school after the interview. So I guess I don’t even have a chance..?

I don’t think I’m even waitlisted. I didn’t hear anything back from the school after the interview. So I guess I don’t even have a chance..?

Did you reach out to them after the interview at all? :/

So I heard today (via private message) that at least three people on the MN waitlist have received e-mails from MN recently. Can anyone else on the waitlist confirm this? I am just trying to figure out if this was sent to everyone on the waitlist or just (in this case) the top three students? I heard that there are some spots still remaining for the class entering in the fall. Thanks and good luck to all

I was on the waitlist and received a call from Dr. Lopez on June 7th first thing in the morning with an acceptance. I am an OOS and interviewed in January...I turned down my spot. So there still seems to be some movement on the list and an open seat for someone else. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.