****The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Only somewhat older? I am 38 and it looks like we're applying to several of the same schools. My husband jokes that I'll be like the dental school mom. I like to think I'll be more like the cool aunt. ;)

It sounds like we are in very similar situations. I have four kids and darnit, they keep getting older every day! Best of luck to you jdenney741.

Haha that's awesome! I think there's something neat about older people (not that youre old!) applying and being in school. It would be fun to have ya there.

Members don't see this ad.

In the class of 2018, one of the student was 58 when school started.

In the class of 2019 (my class), the average age is 26. The oldest was 34, and the youngest was 20 when we started.

I was 33 when I started, so I guess age wasn't a major factor for admission, at least not negatively.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Only somewhat older? I am 38 and it looks like we're applying to several of the same schools. My husband jokes that I'll be like the dental school mom. I like to think I'll be more like the cool aunt. ;)

It sounds like we are in very similar situations. I have four kids and darnit, they keep getting older every day! Best of luck to you jdenney741.

Yea very similar, I'm 27 though so a touch younger.

The worst part about them getting bigger every day is I miss a lot of it due to being gone so much between school all day and work 5 nights. It's rough, I like to think dental school I'll actually get to see them more

We got this guys (and gal), it's going to be a fun process.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen earlier mentions on here that January or later interviews are typically bad news, what about December interviews? I'm scheduled for December 2nd but I'll try and move it up to an earlier date if it's a big issue.
The first round of offers goes out Dec 1 so I imagine the ideal would be to have any interviews completed well before then, especially if you've already been offered an interview! Definitely move it up as early as you can.

Yea very similar, I'm 27 though so a touch younger.

The worst part about them getting bigger every day is I miss a lot of it due to being gone so much between school all day and work 5 nights. It's rough, I like to think dental school I'll actually get to see them more

We got this guys (and gal), it's going to be a fun process.

I'm also married with a kid but I'm only 24. Looking forward to connecting with other parents in my dental class wherever it is.

I'm also married with a kid but I'm only 24. Looking forward to connecting with other parents in my dental class wherever it is.
Everyone at my interviews always thinks it's weird that I'm married with my second kid on the way and I'm 25. I always look for people in similar shoes as me. I also have an interview here on the 23rd of September, really excited to see what this school has to offer.

Everyone at my interviews always thinks it's weird that I'm married with my second kid on the way and I'm 25. I always look for people in similar shoes as me. I also have an interview here on the 23rd of September, really excited to see what this school has to offer.

Not weird at all. I enjoy talking to people from all walks of life. Usually, they can teach you a thing or two, which is nice.

According to the formula, I have a score of 40. Still no interview for me...

GUYS! Warning to everybody going for November 4th weekend trying to stay in Vegas.. it is the SEMA autoshow weekend starting the 3rd so every hotel/flight is JACKED up than the norm... just a heads up might want to book before it gets super pricey if you're trying to make it a weekend! and THURSDAY the day before our interview is the priciest cause its the first night of the auto show ugh

GUYS! Warning to everybody going for November 4th weekend trying to stay in Vegas.. it is the SEMA autoshow weekend starting the 3rd so every hotel/flight is JACKED up than the norm... just a heads up might want to book before it gets super pricey if you're trying to make it a weekend! and THURSDAY the day before our interview is the priciest cause its the first night of the auto show ugh
Try Airbnb!

Anyone want to switch with me? I am scheduled for the 18th. I would love the 4th since I am flying from Hawaii and have an interview already near UNLV.

September 23rd interview as well! Excited and nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
My app got put on hold until after this semester grades are in. I think due to me finishing up the prerequisite courses.

It's very unfortunate because this is my #1 and I think this will make it near impossible for me to get in this cycle now.

My app got put on hold until after this semester grades are in. I think due to me finishing up the prerequisite courses.

It's very unfortunate because this is my #1 and I think this will make it near impossible for me to get in this cycle now.

Did they email you this or did you have to contact them in order to find out?

Did they email you this or did you have to contact them in order to find out?

I got an email then I called and spoke with Dr. Ancajas after the email.

I'm an In state student as well.

3.33 ogpa
3.38 sgpa
(Past 2 years have been 3.5 gpa's)
19AA on the DAT with some very high scores and 2 not so great scores (gen Chem and PAT)

Don't

Don't get discouraged. If you look at the forums from previous years there are plenty that interview and get accepted after January. The fact that they didn't deny your app I think indicates they see something they like and want to see if you can maintain the upward trend in your grades.

Also, I'm sure you are swamped but have you considered using the time to address some of the weaknesses in your DAT? Spending the time and money to retake and hopefully get in this cycle vs. being delayed a cycle might be well worth it. Just my opinion!

Hey all,

I've got an interview scheduled for Nov. 4th here. If anyone has the same interview date and wants to split a hotel room, let me know! I plan to fly in on the 3rd and fly out on the 4th. Good luck to everyone :)

Hey all,

I've got an interview scheduled for Nov. 4th here. If anyone has the same interview date and wants to split a hotel room, let me know! I plan to fly in on the 3rd and fly out on the 4th. Good luck to everyone :)
Have you looked into an Airbnb?

Thanks for the heads up!! I live in Los Anjealous, probably will wake up super-early and make that 280 mile trip the day of.

I have work at a dental office the Saturday after anyway, so I probably can't hang around have too much Friday night fun anyway lol
Yeah driving out from LA too!

My 4th letter of rec was just uploaded and will probably be mailed out in two days. Is this too late?

The rest of my application was processed I think. Its "in progress/under review" on AADSAS.

Hi guys! For those who received an interview, can you tell me what your aadsas status was before you received your email for interview?

Was it "received/under review" or "received/application complete". Just trying to figure out if they have even looked at my app yet bc its been "received/app complete" since *8/3 and my mail-out date was 8/5, which is weird. Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Wow my mail out date is 9/02 and UNLV is still not under my AADSAS "School Decisions".

I would email or give them a call if you don't see it in a few days.

Thanks, will do. I'm getting my 4th LOR in this week as well like you so I thought maybe it was because of that but apparently you already have UNLV under your AADSAS even without the 4th LOR in.

Did you get an "incomplete app" email? When was your mail out date if you don't mind me asking?

The only emails I have received from them were the "Thank you for applying to the UNLV School of Dental Medicine(secondary received)"and the two emails about "IThelp/Welcome to myUNLV".

Last edited:
Interview #6

School: UNLV
Notification date: 9/20
Method of notification: email
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/2
GPA Verified 6/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.74 oGPA:3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 18 PAT 21 RC 22. None Below 17

Thanks, will do. I'm getting my 4th LOR in this week as well like you so I thought maybe it was because of that but apparently you already have UNLV under your AADSAS even without the 4th LOR in.

Did you get an "incomplete app" email? When was your mail out date if you don't mind me asking?

The only emails I have received from them were the "Thank you for applying to the UNLV School of Medicine(secondary received)"and the two emails about "IThelp/Welcome to myUNLV".

No, I didn't receive any notice from UNLV besides what you already mentioned.

And "School of Medicine"? Or did you mean dental medicine?

The only emails I have received from them were the "Thank you for applying to the UNLV School of Medicine(secondary received)"and the two emails about "IThelp/Welcome to myUNLV".
Here's my timeline in case it's helpful:
7.7 AADSAS app submitted
7.8 UNLV grad school - welcome e-mail with a link to the Grad Rebel Gateway
7.8 UNLV admissions - app received/thank you for your interest email from Dr. Ancajas, Asst. Dean of Admissions
7.15 IThelp e-mail with login info for MyUNLV acct + a separate e-mail w/password
7.28 UNLV SDM Welcome, directions for submitting $50 processing fee + supplemental app, info abt UNLV SDM - from Dr. Ancajas (reply to Victora Arthur at [email protected], office phone # to call with questions (702) 774-2520
8.29 UNLV SDM invitation to interview w/link to schedule interview (identical info posted in my Grad Rebel Gateway, along with interview day agenda, campus map, etc.)

I hope that is helpful. I know that this waiting game is nerve-racking!!! Good luck mamba24!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #6

GPA Verified 6/16
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 18 PAT 21 RC 22. None Below 17

Interview #6?!? Congrats! I guess when they ask about your hobbies you can say "my most recent is interviewing for dental school and finding the best deals on flights/hotels/car rentals". ;)

No, I didn't receive any notice from UNLV besides what you already mentioned.

And "School of Medicine"? Or did you mean dental medicine?

Thank you and yes my mistake. I edited my previous post.

Interview #5!
Notification date: 9/21
Residency: WA
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/1
GPA Verified 6/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.66 oGPA: 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 20. None Below 17
Interview Date: January 6th
Interviews are now booked until December...

Here's my timeline in case it's helpful:
7.7 AADSAS app submitted
7.8 UNLV grad school - welcome e-mail with a link to the Grad Rebel Gateway
7.8 UNLV admissions - app received/thank you for your interest email from Dr. Ancajas, Asst. Dean of Admissions
7.15 IThelp e-mail with login info for MyUNLV acct + a separate e-mail w/password
7.28 UNLV SDM Welcome, directions for submitting $50 processing fee + supplemental app, info abt UNLV SDM - from Dr. Ancajas (reply to Victora Arthur at [email protected], office phone # to call with questions (702) 774-2520
8.29 UNLV SDM invitation to interview w/link to schedule interview (identical info posted in my Grad Rebel Gateway, along with interview day agenda, campus map, etc.)

I hope that is helpful. I know that this waiting game is nerve-racking!!! Good luck mamba24!

Thank you for the detailed post, I appreciate it! I have yet to receive the "UNLV SDM Welcome" email you received n 7/28. I always thought there was an "App complete/under review/sent to admission committee" email since I saw previous posts about it on this thread but I guess maybe not everyone gets it.

Interview #5!
Notification date: 9/21
Residency: WA
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/1
GPA Verified 6/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.66 oGPA: 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 20. None Below 17
Interview Date: January 6th
Interviews are now booked until December...

Geez! Already?!? That was so fast

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview #2. Can we book a day and then reschedule for an earlier date if it opens up? Would like to go November 4th but nothing is open until December.

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks man!

Same AA as me but I have 2 scores under 17. It must be my 2 dat sections that are holding my entire application back

Guys I just checked my AADSAS Portal and found out that the status for UNLV has changed to "Invited for Interview" yesterday. My heart (figuratively) skipped a beat. However I have yet to received an email invite from UNLV. I logged in to the UNLV Application Portal and still see nothing that indicates an interview. This is the 1st time I experience this as for my 6 other interviews, I always received an email invite before seeing the status change on AADSAS. Finger crossed that this is real. Any thoughts?

Guys I just checked my AADSAS Portal and found out that the status for UNLV has changed to "Invited for Interview" yesterday. My heart (figuratively) skipped a beat. However I have yet to received an email invite from UNLV. I logged in to the UNLV Application Portal and still see nothing that indicates an interview. This is the 1st time I experience this as for my 6 other interviews, I always received an email invite before seeing the status change on AADSAS. Finger crossed that this is real. Any thoughts?
Maybe check your spam? I'm pretty sure mine changed after I received my email, but then again I could've just missed it. I did receive my invite on a Friday afternoon though!

Nothing in my spam box either, so I have to call them and was able to get the email once they re-send it to me. Bad news is all interview spots are filled for 2016. The earliest date available now is Jan 6 of NEXT YEAR!
I emailed admissions about this and they strongly discourage "rescheduling" and pick a day you can attend as you have to cancel your date and then register for another date, potentially risking giving up your set date overall!
I read through posts in this thread and it seems like plenty people did that, including you I believe. Canceling and picking a new date can be done within seconds. Any particular reason why we should not do that?

Nothing in my spam box either, so I have to call them and was able to get the email once they re-send it to me. Bad news is all interview spots are filled for 2016. The earliest date available now is Jan 6 of NEXT YEAR!

I read through posts in this thread and it seems like plenty people did that, including you I believe. Canceling and picking a new date can be done within seconds. Any particular reason why we should not do that?

Ok I did not switch my date .. I asked if it could be switched to an earlier time and I emailed admissions about switching if open dates become available and all she said was "we strongly discourage applicants from canceling once scheduled" ..of course you CAN switch clearly. I'm just passing along the message and saying that you might not be as fast as someone else trying to reschedule and if you have to cancel before you schedule again then you potentially give up your spot. You can do however you please lol

Quoting email from admissions:

"Yes, if a candidate cancels for any reason the system will automatically show availability on that date. That being said we do not recommend that applicants change dates once scheduled.

Best,

Vicki"

Last edited:
So who knows anything about how the interviews are conducted at UNLV?

Also - if anyone wants to split their current room with me tonight, I'd love to pay half of the fee and sleep on a pullout or something. :) PM me !

Either that or circus hotel it is

Ah just got an interview!

Edit: earliest date available was Jan 13

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I JUST noticed my AADSAS Portal status changed to "Invited for Interview" this morning. Less than 30 minutes ago actually and I am jumping up and down over here! However I have not received any email...this would be my first interview and I am praying that this is real. Have any of guys ever experienced this before??? Maybe with another school perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview #6

GPA Verified 6/16
Hey there, could you please tell me when you submitted your UNLV secondary, and then also when they sent you the "application is complete" email after the secondary? Thank you!