-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UPenn Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Life of Pablo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted920649
I was considered complete long before you man... you never know what is going to happen... no use in worrying... whatever will happen will happen...Mine’s still app complete too! But then again my app wasn’t considered complete by them until 8/22 so they probably haven’t even gotten to it yet 😳
I totally know what you mean by that - waiting seems like the hardest part. I cant wait until we all finally know where we are going to end upNot until 8/20.....there was a delay with me getting one of my LOR submitted.
So, it's been almost a month.....waiting it not fun... 🙁
But I'm trying to be patient and stay positive!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was considered complete long before you man... you never know what is going to happen... no use in worrying... whatever will happen will happen...
Good advice.
I guess I should stop refreshing my email like every 3 minutes in hopes of an interview invite

Good advice.
I guess I should stop refreshing my email like every 3 minutes in hopes of an interview invite![]()
Good that your status recently changed to "under review". Mine was under review for ages. (still under review now).
At least someone is actually reviewing yours now. I don't know what happened to my application lol
Just copped that interview earlier today!!
Congrats! Complete date?Just copped that interview earlier today!!
I got an interview invite yesterday! I scheduled for Thursday, November 1st. That was the first date available after September 27th which I declined because I am across the country.
If anyone has interviewed already, can you give us a breakdown of your day / how the interview style was?
If anyone has interviewed already, can you give us a breakdown of your day / how the interview style was?
Congrats! Complete date?
Thank you! My app was submitted late July, but officially completed 8/8.
The interview day consists of 2 interviews and a one on one meeting with the director of admissions. One of the two interviews is more structured. Your interviewer will have set questions that he/she will ask you and write your responses to. The other interview is much less formal and you can pretty much talk about anything. Finally, there’s a short meeting with the director of admissions, where you give her your photo and chat with her for a little bit about whatever. I’m probably biased, but this was by far my favorite interview day.I got an interview invite yesterday! I scheduled for Thursday, November 1st. That was the first date available after September 27th which I declined because I am across the country.
If anyone has interviewed already, can you give us a breakdown of your day / how the interview style was?
Last edited:
Thank you for answering! I'm really excited to visit UPenn and interview! 🙂The interview day consists of 2 interviews and a one on one meeting with the director of admissions. One of the two interviews is more structured. Your interviewer will have set questions that he/she will ask you and write your responses to. The other interview is much less formal and you can pretty much talk about anything. Finally, there’s a short meeting with the director of admissions, where you give her your photo and chat with her for a little bit about whatever. I’m probably biased, but this was by far my favorite interview day.
Anybody who has already interviewed at Penn this cycle can share your experience? So excited to visit in 2 weeks 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long does it take that information packet to come in the mail... I called to schedule my interview, but I feel like it's been a while and I still haven't received anything lol
Does anyone know if UPenn is Update letter friendly?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats.
when was your app complete?
Dang my complete date was July 25 and didnt hear back 🙁
My app was complete on August 1stCongrats.
when was your app complete?
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Mine was complete on August 2nd. Do u know who long your app was "under review" for?
I'm not sure :/Mine was complete on August 2nd. Do u know who long your app was "under review" for?
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
I have my interview this Thursday 10/4. Anybody has the same date?! Im staying in Philly until sat and was wondering if anybody is down to hangout after the interview.
Hey guys, just a question. Realistically speaking, Penn's tuition is STEEP. Would you go here if you were accepted elsewhere like your state school? My state school is technically Temple (I'm from PA). Would you pick Penn over a cheaper school for the prestige that the Penn name holds?
If I got into Penn (I don't have high hopes though) and my state school, I would try to use my state school to negotiate scholarships. If it doesn't end up matching my state school tuition, I will probably still end up going to my state school.Hey guys, just a question. Realistically speaking, Penn's tuition is STEEP. Would you go here if you were accepted elsewhere like your state school? My state school is technically Temple (I'm from PA). Would you pick Penn over a cheaper school for the prestige that the Penn name holds?
Hey guys, just a question. Realistically speaking, Penn's tuition is STEEP. Would you go here if you were accepted elsewhere like your state school? My state school is technically Temple (I'm from PA). Would you pick Penn over a cheaper school for the prestige that the Penn name holds?
As every experienced dentist on this forum would say, go to the cheapest school possible
I think I may have to bargain with Penn if I get accepted to both here and my in-state school (knock on wood).Hey guys, just a question. Realistically speaking, Penn's tuition is STEEP. Would you go here if you were accepted elsewhere like your state school? My state school is technically Temple (I'm from PA). Would you pick Penn over a cheaper school for the prestige that the Penn name holds?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey guys, just a question. Realistically speaking, Penn's tuition is STEEP. Would you go here if you were accepted elsewhere like your state school? My state school is technically Temple (I'm from PA). Would you pick Penn over a cheaper school for the prestige that the Penn name holds?
This is a really great question that a lot of people struggle with. If you know for sure that you want to be a general dentist and you have not been awarded any scholarship money, go to the cheapest school.
Likewise, if you know for sure that you want to specialize and/or you have a scholarship to Penn that makes it comparable or cheaper in cost, go to Penn.
Where I have seen people really struggle is if they are somewhere in the middle. Not sure if they want to specialize, but Penn is still more expensive than their state school. Going to Penn keeps all doors for specialization wide open. Going to a state school keeps all doors open, but maybe just a sliver. There is no right answer here, but you have to ultimately decide how much extra money spent on tuition is reasonable for a better chance at specializing. This is different for everybody, and can be negotiated. Negotiating scholarships is a VERY real thing.
If you have any questions feel free to message me personally.
Last edited:
I had mine this past Friday, was prob most relaxed interview I've ever had. But I do think it'll also depend on who your interviewer is so maybe I got lucky. Good luck I was absolutely speechless by how amazing and gorgeous their renovations are!!Anyone have any advice on how the interview goes?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know how many more pre December interviews should be coming out? My app was completed end of July!
Not sure about that but it's safe to say no school (including Penn) will be interviewing the last 2 weeks of Nov. Corky said they'll be interviewing around 350 applicants this year.Does anyone know how many more pre December interviews should be coming out? My app was completed end of July!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did others on your interview day say otherwise?I had mine this past Friday, was prob most relaxed interview I've ever had. But I do think it'll also depend on who your interviewer is so maybe I got lucky. Good luck I was absolutely speechless by how amazing and gorgeous their renovations are!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I can't share on here who ppl thought were the tougher interviewers, and I've also heard from my friend in a previous interview this cycle. I think you'll be fine, they aren't out to get you. My open file literally asked me 5 questions and then we just had a conversation for the rest of the timeDid others on your interview day say otherwise?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does UPenn send everybody a booklet with some information of upenn and the requirements after submitting the aadsas application?
YesDoes UPenn send everybody a booklet with some information of upenn and the requirements after submitting the aadsas application?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have they given out all of their pre-December interviews already?Yes
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I think so, they've also sent rejections according to someone on fb.Have they given out all of their pre-December interviews already?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh really? I guess no news is good news?Yes I think so, they've also sent rejections according to someone on fb.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rejected via mail, Nov 6th
Feelsbadman,
Good luck to everyone else still in the running
Feelsbadman,
Good luck to everyone else still in the running
What are your stats? Ik someone who got rejection 10/30 but that person has low stats compared to avg at Penn.Rejected via mail, Nov 6th
Feelsbadman,
Good luck to everyone else still in the running
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,What are your stats? Ik someone who got rejection 10/30 but that person has low stats compared to avg at Penn.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had 3.7 and 24, both sgpa and TS are the same as well
Did ur aadsas portal change?Rejected via mail, Nov 6th
Feelsbadman,
Good luck to everyone else still in the running
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It didn'tDid ur aadsas portal change?
Also got rejected via mail, 3.7 GPA science and overall, 23 AA, 23 TS and hundreds of volunteering hoursHi,
I had 3.7 and 24, both sgpa and TS are the same as well
Hi,
I had 3.7 and 24, both sgpa and TS are the same as well
Are your extracurriculars exceptionally lacking or something lol? Or did you do something offensive? Thats so weird.
My ECs are pretty rounded, maybe a bit lacking in the reserach area. But I do have over 800+ hours of service, and around 200 hours of shadowing @ multiple offices.Are your extracurriculars exceptionally lacking or something lol? Or did you do something offensive? Thats so weird.
I think in the end its the luck of the draw, I do believe Penn tend to favor candidates with ample research experiences
My ECs are pretty rounded, maybe a bit lacking in the reserach area. But I do have over 800+ hours of service, and around 200 hours of shadowing @ multiple offices.
I think in the end its the luck of the draw, I do believe Penn tend to favor candidates with ample research experiences
At this point it’s absolute crapshoot, if you got other solid schools that gave you interviews I wouldn’t worry at all. And I don’t think it’s true about research bc I met ppl who never did research at my interview even tho I did.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K