***The Official UPenn Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the people that got rejections interviewed? Or was it a reject w/o interview?

Members don't see this ad.

At this point it’s absolute crapshoot, if you got other solid schools that gave you interviews I wouldn’t worry at all. And I don’t think it’s true about research bc I met ppl who never did research at my interview even tho I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I interviewed there and have never done research. They never even mentioned it in my interviews. 3.9 GPA, 22 aa

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Do rejections only come in the mail? Or will they also email you?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got rejections, when was your application complete?

Also I am sending everyone good vibes!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Try not to get your hopes down by seeing people with high stats getting rejected, (I know this is easier said than done). Penn puts a lot of thought into the type of class they want for the incoming year and although important, stats are NOT the most important factor when determining whether they want to interview/accept you. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
Should I highly be expecting a rejection letter too? I will not be getting my bachelors because i'm in an accelerated dental program, so i'm not sure if they even have given interviews let alone accepted students like me (besides students from their own accelerated program). I say this because schools like UMich pretty much toss your application once they see that you won't be getting your bachelors (unless you had a relative that went their). My gpa is 3.97 and 3.96 science and my DAT is 24AA and 25TS. I have a good amount of research, ECs, and 100 hours of shadowing.

Last edited:
Should I highly be expecting a rejection letter too? I will not be getting my bachelors because i'm in an accelerated dental program, so i'm not sure if they even have given interviews let alone accepted students like me (besides students from their own accelerated program). I say this because schools like UMich pretty much toss your application once they see that you won't be getting your bachelors (unless you had a relative that went their). My gpa is 3.97 and 3.96 science and my DAT is 24AA and 25TS. I have a good amount of research, ECs, and 100 hours of shadowing.
I don't think a bachelor's is required but you should prob ask the adcom.

For those of you who received rejections, did your status change?
I'm waiting for a rejection and it still hasn't come in yet and my status is still under review.

For those of you who received rejections, did your status change?
I'm waiting for a rejection and it still hasn't come in yet and my status is still under review.
lol staying positive i see

welp. there goes my first rejection TT. my stats are a bit above avg with 2,500+ hrs of research with publications. but im also international so, yea... sad boi..

welp. there goes my first rejection TT. my stats are a bit above avg with 2,500+ hrs of research with publications. but im also international so, yea... sad boi..

If not this school, then the next!!

When was your application complete?

Did they email you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got interview invite yesterday (11/27), interview on 12/13

Reactions: 1 users
AA 22, TS 20, PAT 22, RC 26, GPA: 3.78, ScGPA: 3.8 a bunch of shadowing and volunteering/leadership
It's great to hear they are still offering interviews (and congratulations on your's).

Hey guys. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. I hope everyone hears some good news, whether it's from Penn or any other schools. Know that just because you don't get in on Dec 3rd, it doesn't mean you won't get in at all. Plenty of people are accepted after Dec 3rd. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Penn. I've really enjoyed my first semester, and I'm looking forward to possibly seeing some of you next year. Good luck guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Good morning! I'm a current D1 at PDM and I just want to say that this is a very exciting day for everyone, so good luck! Additionally, there's an OFFICIAL Class of 2023 Facebook group for everyone who's accepted. Feel free to join and ask any questions you may have regarding some of other D1s' experiences at Penn.

You got this!!!

Also a D1 at PDM here. If anyone has any questions ranging from what I eat for breakfast everyday to how the heck am I going to afford to go to Penn, feel free to reach out. Good luck today! You all rock!

Another D1 here feel free to ask me anything. As inconshivable mentioned. Here is a link to the Facebook group of you get accepted! GOOD LUCK!! You all worked very hard to get to this point!

And another D1! Feel free to message with any questions as well. :)

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!

Accepted! Phone call at 11:03am

Accepted via phone call from Corky at 9:00am MST / 11:00am EST!

Just got accepted w/ $20k / year! WOHOO
Wow that's incredible!!!! Huge congratulations! Still waiting to hear back :eek: I was in the first day of interviews so I don't know if that matters? Getting nervous the later in the day it gets haha

Got accepted as well!!! Phone call from Dr. Sheridan.

Anybody accepted got scholarships as well? If yes, how much and what time did you get the call? I want to see how much scholarships are still around.

Wow that's incredible!!!! Huge congratulations! Still waiting to hear back :eek: I was in the first day of interviews so I don't know if that matters? Getting nervous the later in the day it gets haha
Hang in there! I’m sure they’ll be calling throughout the afternoon. Wishing you the best of luck!

ACCEPTED I'M SO HAPPY!! Also offered 10k/yr scholarship :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted as well!!! Phone call from Dr. Sheridan.

Anybody accepted got scholarships as well? If yes, how much and what time did you get the call? I want to see how much scholarships are still around.
Scholarships are also recycled. Even if you didn't get one when you were initially accepted, they can still offer you one later on if people decline their offer.

Accepted!!! Received a call from Dr. Sheridan around 3 pm EST.
Also was offered a scholarship!

Accepted! Call from Corky at about 1:30 MST! Wasn't offered a scholarship though...would those who have been offered scholarships mind posting your stats/extracurriculars? I'm just curious!

Anyone know if they'll continue to call in the week? Or are they done until the next round of interviews?

ACCEPTED!!!! Got my call at 3:37pm EST from Dr. Sheridan-- with a scholarship to boot!

Accepted! I was wondering how the recycled scholarship process works because I would love to come here but I was hoping I could get it to a similar range of my instate which would be a 10K a year. I don't wanna be rude though but still a lot of money on the table haha

Accepted! I was wondering how the recycled scholarship process works because I would love to come here but I was hoping I could get it to a similar range of my instate which would be a 10K a year. I don't wanna be rude though but still a lot of money on the table haha

Hi congrats! :highfive:

As far as I know, some of the recycled scholarships get allocated towards interviewees for post-December interviews. However, scholarship offers do get made to students that have already been accepted even if it wasn’t initially offered to them. I only know of a couple of people from my class that received calls with offers later on down the line. Hope that information helps!

- A friendly D2

Are they done with their calls yesterday? Or they are still making calls throughout the week?

Hi to those who are currently students and to those who are going to attend, I am currently in a pickle... I got into my state school and UPenn. Currently the difference between the two costs of attendance are 25k/year, totaling 100k difference after four years. Is there someone I could PM about making this choice?

Hi to those who are currently students and to those who are going to attend, I am currently in a pickle... I got into my state school and UPenn. Currently the difference between the two costs of attendance are 25k/year, totaling 100k difference after four years. Is there someone I could PM about making this choice?
That's a 100k difference with about 7% intrest.

I'm in the exact same position, same difference in cost. I loved Penn so this is going to be the hardest decision ever

100k is a lot, are you comparing to UF? I'd go with UF.

Yup, UF. I'm leaning towards UF but saying no to Columbia and Penn is going to break my heart. Why do they have to be so expensive?:smack:

Status
Not open for further replies.