**** The Official USC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

email interview invite today. not sure if i will attend or not

Members don't see this ad.

finally got an interview invite!! been worried cuz all i heard were rejections... will anyone be willing to tell me what the interview process was like? nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
Like 2 days of the week throughout February

I hear it is based on case studies. So, do they even ask you normal interview questions?

The day starts with an introduction to USC presentation given by a staff member. The interview itself consists of an icebreaker type question followed by 2 questions pulled out of a basket. Examples of these questions can be found on the sdn interview feedback section for USC http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/usc. Then you are given a PBL case/scenario which you and your fellow interviewees must discuss. After this, there is an essay question which you are given approx. 20 mins to complete. Then there is lunch with the dental students, a financial aid presentation, and a school tour.

The day starts with an introduction to USC presentation given by a staff member. The interview itself consists of an icebreaker type question followed by 2 questions pulled out of a basket. Examples of these questions can be found on the sdn interview feedback section for USC http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/usc. Then you are given a PBL case/scenario which you and your fellow interviewees must discuss. After this, there is an essay question which you are given approx. 20 mins to complete. Then there is lunch with the dental students, a financial aid presentation, and a school tour.

Thanks, anyone knows when they are sending out the second round of acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody here anything lately as far as second round acceptances!? This waiting thing stinks...!

For those that were accepted/interviewed, congrats!! :)) What were yours stats/CA residents?

I am just wondering... until when is the realistic time to hope/wait for the interview invitation? I send an e-mail about my status and they said they plan to give out during Spring... I guess end of Feb to be optimistic?

I am just wondering... until when is the realistic time to hope/wait for the interview invitation? I send an e-mail about my status and they said they plan to give out during Spring... I guess end of Feb to be optimistic?

They told me the invite/interview even until April. Keep your head up and try to do everything you can, and don't give up! That's what I'm telling myself too :)

They told me the invite/interview even until April. Keep your head up and try to do everything you can, and don't give up! That's what I'm telling myself too :)

Thank you for the kind words! Let's wait for good news :thumbup:

Just received my acceptance letter through email! 1:00 p.m. central time! I'm an out of state student.

22 AA
22 TS
24 PAT
3.88 GPA

I'll be turning it down though. Good luck to everyone else! :)

Just received my acceptance letter through email! 1:00 p.m. central time! I'm an out of state student.

22 AA
22 TS
24 PAT
3.88 GPA

I'll be turning it down though. Good luck to everyone else! :)
When did u interview?

Accepted!!! Finally, that one email I was waiting for. Good luck to the ones still waiting to hear back.

I got in today !!!! Good luck everyone !!!

Anybody know when the next round will be??

It is always hard to tell.
The deadline of second round deposit is on Feb 19. My best guess is any date after that,
Good luck! Wish you all the best!!

Anybody know when the next round will be??

According to the counselors, next round is late February/ early march. If you don't get into that, you're in the next round which is in late march/ early April I believe.

According to the counselors, next round is late February/ early march. If you don't get into that, you're in the next round which is in late march/ early April I believe.
Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea how full the class is right now?

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea how full the class is right now?
Should be 1/2 full at the most. They send acceptances in 4 rounds, ~36 acceptances each time. I'm guessing that after the first round, if 1/2 of 36 acceptances decline, then they'd send 54 acceptances in the next round? And they'll continue to do that until all 144 seats are taken.

Should be 1/2 full at the most. They send acceptances in 4 rounds, ~36 acceptances each time. I'm guessing that after the first round, if 1/2 of 36 acceptances decline, then they'd send 54 acceptances in the next round? And they'll continue to do that until all 144 seats are taken.
What about interviews... are they still giving those out? :xf:

I honestly don't know. I know that they interview ~500 students, that there are around ~20-30 applicants per interview, and that interview ends in April (?). I'm guessing that they're still sending out interviews, but i'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
Price tag aside, this school was really nice. Campus, facilities, and faculty. PBL doesn't scare me away from this school

No rejection yet...nor an interview invitation yet...supposedly they interview until April?
Really? Did you call and find this out? I called them today and was told late March (but who knows, I'm sure it varies year to year). :X

MBlue16, I have received neither an invite nor rejection... still in limbo!

Really? Did you call and find this out? I called them today and was told late March (but who knows, I'm sure it varies year to year). :X

You could be right. I called a couple of weeks ago, and I thought that's what I was told then.

just got an interview invite today! so interviews are not for waitlist positions at this point, right? they still have several seats left?

Hmmm ic... same thing with me... I'd like to visit the school tho. :)

Thats what they were saying, how in the world all students will take their acceptances for sure (36 each time?). I think they send out ~72 acceptances in each round if 50% of the students turn down their acceptances. I think the class is ~40-50% full at the moment. In the next round I think they will send out ~72 acceptances.

It seems kind of silly the way USC accepts. Most competitive people will get accepted somewhere dec 1st. So if USC doesn't get around to them until Feb-March most people will have committed somewhere else, any thoughts on why they do this?