**** The Official USC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Has anyone with a pre-dec inteview gotten in yesterday (third round)?

I interviewed back in October and I just got my acceptance last night. I'll probably not be accepting it, though, because I got into Tufts which I fell in love with.

Members don't see this ad.

I hot accepted yesterday as well. I interviewed on feb 12... USC was my first choice and as a second time applicant I still can't believe I received that email. Apparently, hard work does pay off. Good luck to everyone one who is waiting to hear back.

Got the email yesterday at 5:30pm Pacific time! I interviewed in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. :). Hopefully I'll get in on the next round and join you at USC. Do you mind my asking what your stats are? I interviewed in Nov. as well.

is there a facebook group for USC class of 2017? I couldnt find it :confused:

They handing out acceptances during the weekend as well? I wonder if they're handing them out throughout the week?

i think it was automated email and its over for this 3rd round. wait for the next 4th round here i come

are they done with the third round ??

Congrats!.. did they call you as well? or just an email? And what is the subject of email and what is written in it? Did your AADSAS shows accepted as well?

Sounds like after this 3rd round of acceptence, there will be 1/4 of seats left for 4th round! Am I right?

Here is the list of interview dates and number of people attended (please add your dates/ppl in a list):
Nov 1 -
Nov 15 -
Oct 11 -
Oct 25 -
Oct 30 - <25 ppl
Feb 5 - 18 ppl
Feb 6 - 25 ppl
Feb 12 - 15 ppl
Feb 19 - <20
Feb 20 -
Feb 27 - 16 ppl
March 5 -
March 6 -

I just called USC, I interviewed on 2/13, and i was not emailed on Friday, congrats to those that were emailed tho, for those who are in my boat, I just got off the phone with USC, i was told that there are still "acceptances that are going to be sent out shortly"....so im guessing this means that not all of the 3rd round has been sent out yet, so there's still hope aside from waiting for the 4th round. so fingers crossed that she meant that!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called USC, I interview on 2/13, and i was not emailed on Friday, congrats to those that were emailed tho, for those who are in my boat, I just got off the phone with USC, i was told that there are still "acceptances that are going to be sent out shortly"....so im guessing this means that not all of the 3rd round has been sent out yet, so there's still hope aside from waiting for the 4th round. so fingers crossed that she meant that!

Weird.. I just talked to them and I was told the 3rd round is over and that they are about 50% full. He also said they are expecting to be 70-75% full after this round and wont sent out more until next month.

Seems like not many people are happy about getting accepted to USC, there are just 4, 5 people posted about acceptance..and happy about it. ( there were almost of 25 people posting and so happy about getting acceptance letter when 1st,2nd round acceptance date but 3rd round acceptance date, there were like 4, 5 people only posted..)

I really really need acceptance letter from USC and did not get it yet..

probably, I am not even one of their list .. ( I was pre-dec interviewee and I've waited for 4 month having stress and not able to focus on what I am doing..) = they might already reject some but they just don't tell , just in case..

I just hope that they just reject me, not hanging me on their list and make me so stressed and nervous..

Honestly, this is torture..

Seems like not many people are happy about getting accepted to USC, there are just 4, 5 people posted about acceptance..and happy about it. ( there were almost of 25 people posting and so happy about getting acceptance letter when 1st,2nd round acceptance date but 3rd round acceptance date, there were like 4, 5 people only posted..)

probably, I am not even one of their list .. ( I was pre-dec interviewee and I've waited for 4 month having stress and not able to focus on what I am doing..) = they might already reject some but they just don't tell , just in case..

I just hope that they just reject me, not hanging me on their list and make me so stressed and nervous..

Would you share your stats?

Congrats!.. did they call you as well? or just an email? And what is the subject of email and what is written in it? Did your AADSAS shows accepted as well?

thanks! I just got an email, no phone call. My AADSAS hasn't been updated yet.

thanks! I just got an email, no phone call. My AADSAS hasn't been updated yet.

Congratz!! I know you got accepted at Western too. Are you going to drop that one? :p~~

In the same position as you. I have no idea what to do at this point. Also if I have to apply next round what do I do to make myself more competitive besides taking DAT over... I dont want to give up.

Hey, I just want to give you a honest advise....If you continue to have this negative thought and feeling, you will not get in....You need to be positive that you will get accepted in near future (round 4) , and start feeling happy for even getting an interview from a dental school> you should be proud of yourself > this torture that you are talking about ( we all who got accepted have gone through but the thing is > you gotta be positive about it and see yourself as a dental student in USC or whatever school you are going) > I am no body to tell you what to do or not >but the best thing you can do> start to feel good about your accomplishment and be positive ,,,take care

Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming swimming swimming
What do we do we swim, swim, swim
OH HO HO How I love to swim
When you WAAAAAANNTTT to swim you want to swim

I talked to them today and the Admissions told me there will be multiple rounds of acceptance although we were all told at the interview that there will be only 4 rounds. Basically it all depends on what committee decides. There is not much we can do at this point but stay positive. I hope we all hear the good news soon!

Congratz!! I know you got accepted at Western too. Are you going to drop that one? :p~~

Ya definitely going to drop Western once I commit to USC. Good luck with everything!

Will they have any other interview? anyone invited for any interview session after 6th March?

I just got an email for an interview invite either 3/13 or 3/26 (last day of interview). Anyone know how full the class is yet and what my chances are right now?? Thanks.

Just when I almost lost all hope..., I got an interview invitation from them... whoahh!

Awesome, congrats! Hopefully, i'll see you there Mblue. Which date are you gonna pick??

Most likely the 13th. The sooner the better for me. ^__^

The class should be 75% full (or less). And I'm guessing they'll send acceptances on April 1st (the second round was on Feb 1st and the third round was on March 1st). Since the tuition is so high (highest out of all the dental schools in the US, ~ $500,000 debt after 4 years b/c loans are unsubsidized) many people drop once they get an acceptance from another place. Chances should be pretty good. Although, I'm still waiting for my acceptance, and I interviewed in early Nov. :/.

does anyone think it'll make much difference whether I interview 3/13 or 3/26? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Cool. I think I might go for 3/23 and give myself some time to prepare and fill out that secondary! (have you looked at that yet?!?). Best of luck to you!!

Edit: does anyone think it'll make much difference whether I interview 3/13 or 3/26? Thanks again.
Nah, shouldn't matter. They rank applicants anyways. It would matter if one of the dates were before third round and the other date after third round, but since we're on the last round, pick whatever date that's less troublesome for you.

Nah, shouldn't matter. They rank applicants anyways. It would matter if one of the dates were before third round and the other date after third round, but since we're on the last round, pick whatever date that's less troublesome for you.

Thanks for that info. I hope you get off the waitlist on April! Best of luck.

Hey did they tell you the last interview date is the 26th?

I called admissions to schedule my interview and asked. They said 3/26 is the last one for now, but they might have more in April depending on how the class looks after 4th round decisions have been made.

This is what they mentioned:

Please select one of the following dates:

Wednesday, March 13
Tuesday, March 26

Please note that these are one of the last interview dates for this current admission cycle of 2012-2013.

They did not specifically said it.., but it seems like so.

Haha thanks RHarrow. I hope so too. Anyways, good luck. :).

Got the invite today too for 3/13 or 3/26, not sure if/when I'm going. I live 10 miles away but next week is spring break.

The class should be 75% full (or less). And I'm guessing they'll send acceptances on April 1st (the second round was on Feb 1st and the third round was on March 1st). Since the tuition is so high (highest out of all the dental schools in the US, ~ $500,000 debt after 4 years b/c loans are unsubsidized) many people drop once they get an acceptance from another place. Chances should be pretty good. Although, I'm still waiting for my acceptance, and I interviewed in early Nov. :/.

Yep, it will be 500K and more in loans... should work for life to pay that off...

Okay so my interview is in less than a week.

How do you prepare for the interview at USC? SDN's interview feedback for USC is all over the place

Any tips? Suggestions? Things to look out for?

USC portal is still down.."The application status Web site is currently closed. It will reopen March 7, 2013"...

Okay so my interview is in less than a week.

How do you prepare for the interview at USC? SDN's interview feedback for USC is all over the place

Any tips? Suggestions? Things to look out for?
There's not much you could do to prepare for it. Some of the questions on the interview feedback were asked as "icebreaker" type questions within your group (of about 8 people). Make sure you participate in the group case-study but don't overdo it. Be respectful of others opinions and allow others to contribute their ideas. There's a short writing sample after the mock PBL case --the topic is similar to that of the icebreaker questions. Other than that, just relax and be yourself. You'll do fine :)

There's not much you could do to prepare for it. Some of the questions on the interview feedback were asked as "icebreaker" type questions within your group (of about 8 people). Make sure you participate in the group case-study but don't overdo it. Be respectful of others opinions and allow others to contribute their ideas. There's a short writing sample after the mock PBL case --the topic is similar to that of the icebreaker questions. Other than that, just relax and be yourself. You'll do fine :)

Exactly what he said. Being yourself is probably the best thing. They see through BS and flattery. You have to have the intentions of wanting to be accepted. Just enjoy the day there and make friends. :)

Last edited:
officially "alternate/waitlist"ed on the USC portal..

officially "alternate/waitlist"ed on the USC portal..

thats expected.... everyone gets alternate/waitlisted status on their portal.. Ryan mentioned that during the interview.. even if you are accepted you are waitlisted on their portal..

Woohoo interview invite! Anyone going on the 26th?!? I believe it was one of the last ones.

thats expected.... everyone gets alternate/waitlisted status on their portal.. Ryan mentioned that during the interview.. even if you are accepted you are waitlisted on their portal..

it wasn't like that after my interview and it was only updated after the march 1st round of acceptances went out.

it wasn't like that after my interview and it was only updated after the march 1st round of acceptances went out.

Ryan said that you automatically get placed to wait listed after interview. I went on 2/5 and got wait listed 2/8. Then got accepted and still have it at wait listed.

Giving up my spot because I'm sticking with Tufts. That means one more spot should be opening up. Best of luck to you all in achieving your dreams!!

Decided not to schedule my interview so hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else. Good luck!