The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so real. I don’t mean to invalidate as I know I’m in the lucky position to have prematches, but can relate to the “mentally prepping for a bad outcome but letting that hope creep in”… I’ve told myself for months that my top choice is not gonna happen but now that we’re there I’m like “okay…but what if it does?!?!”
Absolutely. You can relate more than most people i talk to for sure. I only applied to one school and got an interview. I felt everything went great throughout the process, but I did not receive a prematch.

About 2 weeks ago I started realizing that it wouldn't make much sense for them to send me a prematch knowing they already have me whenever they want me. Gave me a little hope going into tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Barack Obama GIF by Election 2020

Reactions: 3 users
I scheduled my wisdom teeth removal for today, not sure if it was a genius decision or a horrible one 🤣

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I scheduled my wisdom teeth removal for today, not sure if it was a genius decision or a horrible one 🤣
Honestly feel like it was genius, sure you'll sleep like a baby tonight :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Been going overboard with the hobbies and chores today. Yoga in the morning, laundry while I tidy the house, group exercise class before lunch and PlayStation before I go in for my afternoon shift. Anything to keep me busy as the clock ticks down!!

• Haha
  • Love
I am not excited at all. I cant be the only one. I didn't realize how having zero prematch offers would affect me going into match. Maybe I have been reading too many anecdotes online about people with 5+ IIs and no match. And i'm still waiting for my one out of state school to make a decision on me.
ugh I feel this- my only interview was at a school that prematched almost their entire class so i’m not feeling lucky
I've got 2 exams tomorrow and it'll be so nerve-wracking to hear everyone's results on campus while I wait to go home and open mine 😨
no fr i’m gonna open mine before and just suffer 😭

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
TTU El Paso just rejected me and scared me half to death that it was Lubbock post II.

Been going overboard with the hobbies and chores today. Yoga in the morning, laundry while I tidy the house, group exercise class before lunch and PlayStation before I go in for my afternoon shift. Anything to keep me busy as the clock ticks down!!
Major props!

I’ve been the opposite. My mind and body just shut down and I don’t want to do anything until tomorrow

Sending y’all good energy for tomorrow! Hoping we all get good news!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever happens tomorrow, I’m super grateful for this community this cycle. SDN has a bad rep on Reddit but I didn’t find it to be true at all. You all are super inspiring and supportive, but that may just be because we’re from the great state of TEXAS. And ofc thanks to @wysdoc for being the absolute GOAT! Good luck everyone!
Reddit is weird lol. Idk why they always speak poorly on sdn. These forums have been way less toxic and more helpful than on reddit

Does anyone know UTSW stats? How many matches they typically send out on match day? I know it’s fairly low!

• Care
Does anyone know UTSW stats? How many matches they typically send out on match day? I know it’s fairly low!
emoji24.png
Directly from MSAR:
Median: MCAT cGPA sGPA
All accepted: 518 3.92 3.91
Matriculated: 517 3.91 3.90

Estimated 2023 class size: 240
2022 1st year class size: 231, out of which 210 were IS (Prematch +match).

Idk exact prematch or match day data but have seen across many places that UTSW generally is a pre-match heavy school. Hoping for the best for you!

15 hours to go I am DYING here lol

So we’re all gonna show up here at 8am and open our matches together like an MS4 match day yeah? 😂

• Love
Random question not super related to the match: if I were to be granted a deferral of admission upon request, would I need to stay in Texas to maintain Texas residency? Does anyone happen to know this? I suppose TMDSAS would.

Random question not super related to the match: if I were to be granted a deferral of admission upon request, would I need to stay in Texas to maintain Texas residency? Does anyone happen to know this? I suppose TMDSAS would.
Your resident status was adjudged at the time you applied and you would not lose it by taking your deferral year elsewhere. If you do defer a year, you can also update TMDSAS by telling them the situation and your intent to return to Texas

Reactions: 1 users
We've all heard of Schrödinger's cat, but in 14ish hours we'll encounter Schrödinger's match 😂

• Haha
I’ve got the day off tomorrow so I’m gonna stay up all night and take a ridiculous amount of melatonin at 7:30 AM.

• Haha
Wondering if I’m gonna have power at 8am tomorrow with this tornado

Do our match school send out an email tomorrow?

Thank you! Should we be expected a transcript request from TMDSAS tonight?
Maybe not tonight, but soon.
The school you match to will also want an official transcript sent to them, but wait until they send you instructions about your next steps :)

Will people who prematched also get the confirmatory email from their school?

Me with no TMDSAS interviews aggressively shoveling popcorn in my mouth waiting to see all the match day results
:corny:
(joke)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow !! I'm rooting for all of you <3 Stay strong and be brave !! <33333

• Care
So if we don't receive transcript request, we can expect not to match tomorrow?

• Dislike
So if we don't receive transcript request, we can expect not to match tomorrow?
No....
This kind of thing I call reading the tea leaves or looking in a crystal ball.

71OniRgBYHL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

The official word comes on your TMDSAS portal in the morning after 8 AM.
Good luck and I hope you see the name of a school there!

Reactions: 4 users
Me with no TMDSAS interviews aggressively shoveling popcorn in my mouth waiting to see all the match day results
:corny:
(joke)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow !! I'm rooting for all of you <3 Stay strong and be brave !! <33333
sorry, @jademoon but I'm glad you got some other interviews

sorry, @jademoon but I'm glad you got some other interviews
Thank you ! I'm very content with the interviews I've gotten considering my stats !! Still waiting on some decisions so hopefully luck is on my side for at least one of them 🍀. I also got accepted to a masters program at JHU recently so no complaints here <3 Just going with the flow now and hoping that everyone can hear some form of good news soon :giggle:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
This kind of thing I call reading the tea leaves or looking in a crystal ball.
This is funny to me. I have been looking up horoscopes all day to predict about the match tomorrow. I just want to be told that I have maximum luck for the next 24 hours. 😁

Best of luck to everyone! Especially those without prematches. I am rooting for us!

This is funny to me. I have been looking up horoscopes all day to predict about the match tomorrow. I just want to be told that I have maximum luck for the next 24 hours. 😁
My Panda Express fortune from tonight says "You have excellent taste in food." So which school has the best food? All signs point to somewhere in Houston. ;)

• Haha
if you’re deep in this crazy storm, charge your stuff now so you can check for news if you lose power!

Howdy, friendly reminder that I AM SO INCREDIBLY PROUD of each and every single one of you and that your worth is not defined in any way by what happens tomorrow. To be at the point where you earned even one medical school interview demonstrates how gifted you are and why the world is a better place with you in it. I’m excited to see where people land once the dust is settled and who might be my classmates next year!

In case anyone has a less than optimal outcome tomorrow and wants someone to talk/vent to, my PMs are open! Good luck y’all 🤠

- OOS TMDSAS acceptée

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
The support and camaraderie on this year's TMDSAS sub really blows past years out of the water. Glad to have been a part of this journey with y'all

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Before this forum gets busy tomorrow, I really wanna thank everybody for the support and advice I received throughout this cycle. Especially Dr. @wysdoc.
I wish everyone the very best, and I cannot wait to work with yall in the future!

Yall rock!
Congratulations everyone!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Before this forum gets busy tomorrow, I really wanna thank everybody for the support and advice I received throughout this cycle. Especially Dr. @wysdoc.
I wish everyone the very best, and I cannot wait to work with yall in the future!

Yall rock!
Congratulations everyone!
The school threads gonna be poppin

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.