The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but would TMDSAS only request transcripts once…..for example if they sent it to me once for a pre-match in Jan, it’s unlikely they would have requested them again tonight even if I matched to a different school? Did I mention it’s 5am and I hate myself

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Match Day everyone! GOOD LUCK with less than 1 hour left. Enough time to get a work out in or watch an episode of the Crown to distract yourself

58B9707D-EA53-465D-B8D6-12DEE89950F8.gif

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Wishing all the best for all of y’all. No matter where or if you get in, you all are phenomenal folks!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone!! 45 minutes left!!

Bringing my icebreakers from the TMDSAS thread over here - curious what everyone is looking forward to most for MS1 :)

I did not prematch but I got the transcript email but I am very scared it's another situation like last year so I am not getting my hopes up.

Good luck everyone!! 45 minutes left!!

Bringing my icebreakers from the TMDSAS thread over here - curious what everyone is looking forward to most for MS1 :)
Adult life is lonely and making more friends is tough. I’m lowkey hoping to make more friends in med school because it will be like pseudo-undergrad

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I have an interview that starts at 8am today... Should've thought about match day before I booked it. Idk if I should check the results before my interview lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview that starts at 8am today... Should've thought about match day before I booked it. Idk if I should check the results before my interview lmao

If I were you I might wait until after! Haha

Reactions: 1 users
The dread of that transcript email meaning something or being another fake out keeps creeping up 🙃 less than 30 min to go

Why is time going so slowlyyyyy.

Adult life is lonely and wants any friends anymore. I’m lowkey hoping to make more friends in med school because it will be like pseudo-undergrad
100% feel you on this! I just want friends I can trauma-bond relate with :')

• Haha
I woke up hours ago and haven’t been able to go back to sleep 😅 I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but I’m so tired of being in limbo wondering what my next steps should be 🙃

Feels like all of the clocks around me are frozen holy cow I've never experienced the "time is relative" idea as severely as this haha. 7:53-7:54 definitely took 2 full minutes

Reactions: 5 users
Irrationally worried that we're going to crash the site at 8am lol

Just finished watching Curious George on PBS. It feels surreal how I watched it as a kid and how I just watched it before receiving news for the medical school I'll attend. I'm actually crying.

• Love
Just finished watching Curious George on PBS. It feels surreal how I watched it as a kid and how I just watched it before receiving news for the medical school I'll attend. I'm actually crying.
Yesss, I'm watching Scrubs, which I used to watch growing up too and its so weird

• Love
It's the last minute! Good Luck everyone!! I hope all of us match, and match to where we want to go to school. It's been a pleasure in these threads

Does anyone actually know where the results will pop up or where we find them, I don’t want to be jump scared😭

Matched to my first choice. I am going to be a Doctor! Going to cry!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Matched to UTMB :)

Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed as I was really crossing fingers for my top choice (UTSW). I have a lot of feelings ranging from extreme gratitude (I wasn't expecting to get in at all this cycle, plus I have full scholarship) to frustration ("what went wrong? my interview went so well...") to being absolutely terrified about what comes next.

Will take the next few days to process. Congrats to everyone who matched, and if you did not, it's not the end of the road - waitlists are still a thing!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Congratulations to everyone who matched!

Reactions: 8 users
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 8.07.28 AM.png

I'm going to El Paso y'all! I'm need hold off on celebrating tho because my dissertation is in 11 days :eek:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I matched at the one Texas school I interviewed at. I’m so happy 😭 It’s almost impossible for me to cry, but I managed to get a few out 😭 Houston, here I come

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I matched at the one Texas school I interviewed at. I’m so happy 😭 It’s almost impossible for me to cry, but I managed to get a few out 😭 Houston, here I come
It only takes one! Yay future doctor!

Congratulations to everyone who matched! Happy to get the confirmation that I did not mess my rankings up.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Matched to Long!

Wasn’t my top choice, but still happy to get into my best ranked pre match school. Long squad get in here

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 8.41.34 AM.png

Let's GOOOOOO!!!!

Congratulations everybody!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users
Status
Not open for further replies.