The Republic of Texas XXXII: Everything is better in the Lonestar State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only schools I haven't heard from are Texas Tech - Lubbock and UT Houston (I know that Houston may send one, but it won't be for a while). I know TCOM got my secondary, but I don't think they emailed me about the primary.

Lubbock should turn into a check mark when you're done and paid for secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

The only schools I haven't heard from are Texas Tech - Lubbock and UT Houston (I know that Houston may send one, but it won't be for a while). I know TCOM got my secondary, but I don't think they emailed me about the primary.

Im waiting on TCOM (havent done secondary), UTH, TTEP, TTUHSC

Just got them from UTSW, UTHSCSA, UTMB, A&M.

Im waiting on TCOM (havent done secondary), UTH, TTEP, TTUHSC

Just got them from UTSW, UTHSCSA, UTMB, A&M.

What did your A&M one say? The most recent one I got was the new form assignment email. But NOTHING about receiving my app, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did your A&M one say? The most recent one I got was the new form assignment email. But NOTHING about receiving my app, etc.

Well, I got the student registration form and all of my little boxes said "True" before I went under review, so I just took that as confirmation. I suppose there was never an email saying "you are all set".

Seeing as how this thread is created every year for Texas applicants,

I went ahead and created it as a forum for discussion about the TMDSAS application cycle, general questions, and a thread for all other questions not answered by the TMDSAS thread and the school specific discussions.

There are a lot of great applicants that I have talked to here applying for the 2013-2014 cycle and I feel this is a great place to connect and discuss ideas.

Does anyone know if all the prereqs need to be completed upon submission of TMDSAS? I still need to do physics labs and want to wait till senior year after submission.

Well, I got the student registration form and all of my little boxes said "True" before I went under review, so I just took that as confirmation. I suppose there was never an email saying "you are all set".

I wonder why all of my boxes has true next to it EXCEPT my MCAT score, which I took in Jan...

Everything else is set.

Hmm, is it worth calling them over this?

I wonder why all of my boxes has true next to it EXCEPT my MCAT score, which I took in Jan...

Everything else is set.

Hmm, is it worth calling them over this?

That is odd... And TMDSAS says they have it/you released it to them? Also, did you get the registration form?

That is odd... And TMDSAS says they have it/you released it to them? Also, did you get the registration form?

Yes, I released it in March/April. All the other schools seem to have received it too.

Yes, I got that form on June 10 and submitted that as well.

The app was transmitted on May 31st and the form was uploaded June 10. Yet it still says pending for more than a week now...

EDIT: My bad, I meant there was a TRUE next to my MCAT score, but there is just no date on the side in the "Notes" section.

Last edited:
Yes, I released it in March/April. All the other schools seem to have received it too.

Yes, I got that form on June 10 and submitted that as well.

The app was transmitted on May 31st and the form was uploaded June 10. Yet it still says pending for more than a week now...

you can call if you want.
I called yesterday regarding the same thing

They said if your LORs arent in, the primary wont say true. It could also be that they havent downloaded your app from TMDSAS yet.
If that is the case, your MCAT score wont show true either.

you can call if you want.
I called yesterday regarding the same thing

They said if your LORs arent in, the primary wont say true. It could also be that they havent downloaded your app from TMDSAS yet.
If that is the case, your MCAT score wont show true either.

Here is what my screen looks like; there is no date next to the MCAT and the status never changed even though everything should be in.
=======================================================================================
adknkx.png

=======================================================================================

Does anyone have a similar screen? Should the status have changed to "Under Review" or something like that? The status has been "PENDING" for more than a week and a half now.

Here is what mine looks like:
adknkx.png

Does anyone have a similar screen? Should the status have changed to "Under Review" or something like that? The status has been "PENDING" for more than a week and a half now.

Maybe its not under review because your application is still in the queue to be reviewed..

Dont worry, theres only 3600 applications at A&M and about half are people who apply late august and later.

Youre going to be fine, provided your stats are competitive.

Maybe its not under review because your application is still in the queue to be reviewed..

Dont worry, theres only 3600 applications at A&M and about half are people who apply late august and later.

Youre going to be fine, provided your stats are competitive.

Yeah, thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully they'll get to it sooner than later.

I just did not know if 1.5 weeks of quenue-ing was ordinary for all of you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I have a 3.9/31 and am interested in texas schools. Would it be worth my time to apply with my stats to some UT schools even though im a CA resident? I have good research, which might help me with UTSW, but I really like houston as well.

Here is what my screen looks like; there is no date next to the MCAT and the status never changed even though everything should be in.
adknkx.png

Your post made me wonder because I don't recall receiving an official email acknowledgement from A&M either so I logged on to BAMF. (FWIW, all of my materials on TMDSAS have been marked received.) My tables look nothing like what you've posted. This is what my BAMF says:

Your application is: Under Review

Your status will remain Under Review until you are either invited for an interview or your application is released (end of December). The Office of Admissions does not provide applicants any further information concerning your application when you are in the Under Review status. If you are UNDER REVIEW, then the Office of Admissions has received all of your application materials

Under that is a box labeled "Outstanding Assignments" with a table with these 4 columns: Type, Subject, Date Assigned, Actions
In the row underneath these columns it reads, "No data found".

There is another table below that entitled "Completed Assignments" with the following 4 columns: Type, Subject, Date Submitted, Actions.
I have 2 things under "Type": Student Registration Form and Secondary Application.
Under "Subject": my name
Under "Date Submitted: The dates each were submitted
Under "Actions": There are two boxes you can click on entitled "View"

Your post made me wonder because I don't recall receiving an official email acknowledgement from A&M either so I logged on to BAMF. (FWIW, all of my materials on TMDSAS have been marked received.) My tables look nothing like what you've posted. This is what my BAMF says:

Under that is a box labeled "Outstanding Assignments" with a table with these 4 columns: Type, Subject, Date Assigned, Actions
In the row underneath these columns it reads, "No data found".

There is another table below that entitled "Completed Assignments" with the following 4 columns: Type, Subject, Date Submitted, Actions.
I have 2 things under "Type": Student Registration Form and Secondary Application.
Under "Subject": my name
Under "Date Submitted: The dates each were submitted
Under "Actions": There are two boxes you can click on entitled "View"

I wouldn't worry too much. Last year A&M's site confused all of us. Some people's statuses changed to 'under review' then back to 'pending' before changing back to 'under review'. It's really annoying but it ends up being okay

Hey all,

I have a 3.9/31 and am interested in texas schools. Would it be worth my time to apply with my stats to some UT schools even though im a CA resident? I have good research, which might help me with UTSW, but I really like houston as well.

Since applying to more than one school through TMDSAS doesn't increase the cost by very much, I'd definitely say it's worth applying. Your mcat score may be a little low for an OOS applicant to UTSW, but of course that's only one part of your application. Also, the UTSW secondary isn't bad at all and there is no secondary fee. As for the rest of the UT system schools, there are no secondaries. Good luck!

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I have a question.What's the general rule of thumb for the optional essays for the Texas app? I'm drawing a blank about what I should write about.
:/

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I have a question.What's the general rule of thumb for the optional essays for the Texas app? I'm drawing a blank about what I should write about.
:/

Do em if it applies to you. I did the personal characteristics. I dont think thats really optional.
The unique experience I think refers to hardships and I really dont think of myself to be severely disadvantaged to fill that out.

Also, my committee letter just showed up on TMDSAS. So technically I'm "complete".
Now its just a waiting game I guess. :xf:

Do em if it applies to you. I did the personal characteristics. I dont think thats really optional.
The unique experience I think refers to hardships and I really dont think of myself to be severely disadvantaged to fill that out.

Also, my committee letter just showed up on TMDSAS. So technically I'm "complete".
Now its just a waiting game I guess. :xf:

Congrats! I should be complete today as well! I submitted mine early morning June 9th, and the update page said they were reviewing ones from June 8th.

Howdy yall,

So hopefully some of us will be hearing from TCOM, UTMB, and TT- El Paso next week according to previous threads.

Good luck!

Howdy yall,

So hopefully some of us will be hearing from TCOM, UTMB, and TT- El Paso next week according to previous threads.

Good luck!

I wish :(

I wasn't complete until the 20th, and I submitted TT-El Paso last night. But hopefully soon :D

Howdy yall,

Good luck!

For interview invites? I thought the earliest was the first week of July?

For interview invites? I thought the earliest was the first week of July?

Earliest recorded date was 6/27 from UTMB i think.

However, realistically, I dont think we will hear back until early to mid july. Unless you're a 4.0/35+

But I think everyone so far is in a good position to hear back since were all going to be in the first batch of people reviewed.

Earliest recorded date was 6/27 from UTMB i think.

However, realistically, I dont think we will hear back until early to mid july. Unless you're a 4.0/35+

But I think everyone so far is in a good position to hear back since were all going to be in the first batch of people reviewed.

The next two weeks will definitely be nerve wracking for those with everything in (for a couple of schools anyway haha, still have to wait a while for the others)!

The next two weeks will definitely be nerve wracking for those with everything in (for a couple of schools anyway haha, still have to wait a while for the others)!

I thought the Texas schools keep reviewing your file until December?

I thought the Texas schools keep reviewing your file until December?

they do...
Let me give you a scenario to better understand.
lets say adcoms review all applications once per month (once in july, once in august) until december.

That is a total of 6 reviews.

People who submitted by july can be reviewed upto 6 times whereas people in september will only be reviewed upto a max of 4 times until offered an interview or denied one.

Would it be considered a late app if I applied now with my stats (3.7 oGPA, 3.95 sGPA, 38 MCAT)? I am OOS. I saw a description of how the piles are worked during rolling apps, just wondering if maybe OOS are put in different pile?

I am a non-trad (28 y/o) and live in Pennsylvania but grew up and went to uni at UTA. Would love nothing more than to go to school in Texas again :)

Thanks

Would it be considered a late app if I applied now with my stats (3.7 oGPA, 3.95 sGPA, 38 MCAT)? I am OOS. I saw a description of how the piles are worked during rolling apps, just wondering if maybe OOS are put in different pile?

I am a non-trad (28 y/o) and live in Pennsylvania but grew up and went to uni at UTA. Would love nothing more than to go to school in Texas again :)

Thanks
go ahead and throw your app in there. it's cheap enough, and you might have a decent shot.

go ahead and throw your app in there. it's cheap enough, and you might have a decent shot.

seconded. I actually think youre probably good for an interview. From what I hear UTSW liked non-trad OOsers

If you have any research, thats a major plus also.

Hey if any of yall applied to TCOM, check your portal! I just got an interview invite according to it.

I completed 6/15...stats are 3.63/31

I am aiming for an MD school in Texas but TCOM is still a great school that I wouldn't mind attending. Therefore, I am excited!

Hopefully someone else will post that they are seeing the invite so I can be reassured this isn't a mistake hahaha

Hey if any of yall applied to TCOM, check your portal! I just got an interview invite according to it.

That's great! I completed on 5/24 (and completed the primary earlier than that), but I haven't seen anything on my portal.

Hello everyone! I did applied last cycle and interviewed at every Texas school except A&m and Tcom. I can any questions about those schools, the application cycle, general tips etc.

:)

Hello everyone! I did applied last cycle and interviewed at every Texas school except A&m and Tcom. I can any questions about those schools, the application cycle, general tips etc.

:)

completed when?
when were your interviews according to the schools?
stats?

thanks!

completed when?
when were your interviews according to the schools?
stats?

thanks!

Completed tmdsas late June, amcas mid July

Late August-utmb and tt El Paso
September- utsw
October-utsa, tt lubbock, ut Houston
November- Baylor

Stats: 4.0/37

My one biggest piece of advice is that when you are interviewing bring up positive aspects about yourself and substantiate that positive aspect with an example story. Remember, you can be interesting/sociable while at the same time still selling yourself!

Completed tmdsas late June, amcas mid July

Late August-utmb and tt El Paso
September- utsw
October-utsa, tt lubbock, ut Houston
November- Baylor

Stats: 4.0/37

My one biggest piece of advice is that when you are interviewing bring up positive aspects about yourself and substantiate that positive aspect with an example story. Remember, you can be interesting/sociable while at the same time still selling yourself!

Well shiettt:scared:

Well shiettt:scared:

Don't worry, you can still get interviews even without sliceofbread's scary awesome stats :) I had a borderline MCAT (29S) and I still interviewed/was accepted at all Texas schools except UTSW and Baylor.

Don't worry, you can still get interviews even without sliceofbread's scary awesome stats :) I had a borderline MCAT (29S) and I still interviewed/was accepted at all Texas schools except UTSW and Baylor.

but a 4.0 as well....

Realistically I think each of us should get atleast 2-3 interviews .

Good Luck Guys!

TMDSAS got everything May 20th and AMCAS still verifying stuff...

I applied to all Texas schools and currently I have no replies from TCOM yet :[

but a 4.0 as well....

Realistically I think each of us should get atleast 2-3 interviews .

I'm sure you'll do fine this cycle. I'd like to add that every school I interviewed at I could picture attending. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Texas schools!

I'm sure you'll do fine this cycle. I'd like to add that every school I interviewed at I could picture attending. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Texas schools!

:thumbup:

As long as I can attend an MD school, I dont mind going to any of them... I do prefer UTSW/Baylor though :D

:thumbup:

As long as I can attend an MD school, I dont mind going to any of them... I do prefer UTSW/Baylor though :D

Yo tambien...except I wouldn't mind going to TCOM neither. Even though it is DO, it is a pretty good school.