The score I need-MCAT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello future people of medicine,

I thought there would be wiser and more experienced people in this pre-med journey cycle than me, so need some suggestion.
I graduated undergrad and plan to apply for 2017 cycle.
I took the May 14, 2016 MCAT.
I didn't feel terrible or tortured by the exam as I expected or many have told me, but I'm pretty sure I still didn't get the score I want or need. Time has always been a problem for me and I ended up having to guess on some things.... sigh...
I plan to retake it hopefully by July so I can get an earlier score in for the application. (Is this August too late btw?)
cumulative GPA: 3.53
Science is lower: probably 3.2 or 3.3 ish. Not to make an excuse but I am not that good book wise, more of a learn by hand and in person type of learner. Knowing that my GPA is just okay, I expected my MCAT to be probably my only chance of boosting the application and I plan to apply to mainly to DO school. I'll give some shots at MD but know this will be slim chance. Anyways, three things

1. What score should I be striving for?
2. Tips on retake studying strategy? I studied by myself with KAPLAN set, and AAMC material as well.
3. How does it work if I retake and if that score is better, I want to send it out after AMCAS? That is after I submit it but want to send the new score to the school as an "update" (I guess)

Thank you all! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're okay with DO, I think something around 505 will be okay? Double-check with MSAR.

I think DO also has a later application cycle so July may work for you.

Depending on your May score, you might want to wait to submit AMCAS before the retake. If you are below 500, then hit 505ish in July you can submit AMCAS with your new score and still be okay for the DO cycle (I think!).

If you're okay with DO, I think something around 505 will be okay? Double-check with MSAR.

Depending on your May score, you might want to wait to submit AMCAS before the retake. If you are below 500, then hit 505ish in July you can submit AMCAS with your new score and still be okay for the DO cycle (I think!).
I don't think MSAR has any DO schools on it

Yes DO school application cycle is a little bit later than MDs. DO applications open up May 4th and schools will start looking June 15th.
Source: http://www.aacom.org/become-a-doctor/applying/aacomas