The Support Group - A place for admissions-related rants and worries.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All I see happening with this is skipperches spinning around in circles and occaisonal leg humping.

They are excellent guard dogs!!! They are killers!!!!!

(CFC, you're supposed to be fighting AGAINST the blonde stereotype)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stinky? Like what?

(Just an FYI - the town I grew up in had one big industrial place... a rendering plant. Stink is relative.)

I've only heard that the whole town is stinky like cow manure. Probably an exaggeration.

1 more day until I should find out about the interview.

(It's probably getting annoying, but I'm so nervous! haha)

I've only heard that the whole town is stinky like cow manure. Probably an exaggeration.

To tell ya the truth, I smelled that in fort Collins. I didn't REALLY smell that in Davis until I got up close to za cows.

Hi all! I've been semi-lurking for a while, but I haven't posted too much, but I do feel like I already know some of you! I applied this year and found this forum extremely helpful. I made it to the interview stage at VMRC, but got waitlisted. I was able to call this week and found that I was ranked #13, so there's little chance of the waitlist moving that far. So I'm preparing for next year. I'm honestly a little worried. I thought I did well on this application cycle, but I guess not as well as I had hoped. I think it has to do with the MMI format interview. I still have one more year of undergrad, but I'm mostly worried about my last 40 credit hours GPA. I've had a lot of varied experience and hope to expand a little this summer with some equine experience. My total GPA is a 3.77 and science is about a 4.0. However, here's the kicker, I'm a mechanical engineering major. I've never doubted going into veterinary, but I figured if I had to choose another field, it would be M.E. I enjoy problem solving and robotics. I feel like I did a good job explaining this in my personal statement. But in engineering, B's are considered really good grades. The coursework is a lot more rigorous than I've seen in Bio/Chem, and I'm looking at pulling a lot of B's this and next semester. I'm really worried about my last 40 credit hours taking a dive. I'm not a bad student (I got all A's in Ochem), but I'm afraid I won't make it in or as far next year. Do you all think they will take the fact that they are harder courses into consideration? I've heard no, which really concerns me.. what do you all think I should do?

BasilNutmeg213, Hey Basil, just to give you a little persective about your grades...I got an interview at VMRCVM too. My GPA is a 3.48 and GRE was less than average. I don't think your Bs are hurting you AT ALL, and you shouldn't worry too much about that since you already have a very solid GPA. I'm not sure if they consider the fact that you have fewer credit hours than most, I know some vet schools give extra points to those people with more credits. I actually really enjoyed the MMI format and felt I did pretty well, so I was very happy when I got in. I'm NOT trying to make you feel bad about being wait listed, I just want you to take your focus away from your grades and maybe give more thought to DEPTH of experience. If you have the ability to try again next cycle, spend the next several months expanding on what you are doing already experience-wise. I have worked part-time in a vet clinic for 5 years and I've worked with several professors in research. For many of the MMI rooms, I related the scenarios to my own personal experience and I think the interviewers liked that (although I thought all of them were quite stoic so I can't be sure, haha). If VMRCVM is the place you want to go, do the file review and maybe work on thinking on your feet in random situations--I don't think there is really any way to "prepare" for MMI, but only you know your strengths and weaknesses. Good luck! Feel free to PM me!

Hi all! I've been semi-lurking for a while, but I haven't posted too much, but I do feel like I already know some of you! I applied this year and found this forum extremely helpful. I made it to the interview stage at VMRC, but got waitlisted. I was able to call this week and found that I was ranked #13, so there's little chance of the waitlist moving that far. So I'm preparing for next year. I'm honestly a little worried. I thought I did well on this application cycle, but I guess not as well as I had hoped. I think it has to do with the MMI format interview. I still have one more year of undergrad, but I'm mostly worried about my last 40 credit hours GPA. I've had a lot of varied experience and hope to expand a little this summer with some equine experience. My total GPA is a 3.77 and science is about a 4.0. However, here's the kicker, I'm a mechanical engineering major. I've never doubted going into veterinary, but I figured if I had to choose another field, it would be M.E. I enjoy problem solving and robotics. I feel like I did a good job explaining this in my personal statement. But in engineering, B's are considered really good grades. The coursework is a lot more rigorous than I've seen in Bio/Chem, and I'm looking at pulling a lot of B's this and next semester. I'm really worried about my last 40 credit hours taking a dive. I'm not a bad student (I got all A's in Ochem), but I'm afraid I won't make it in or as far next year. Do you all think they will take the fact that they are harder courses into consideration? I've heard no, which really concerns me.. what do you all think I should do?

I wouldn't worry about your plan B messing up your chances. I also interviewed at VMRCVM (and got in :)-OOS) I asked the admin guy what they were really looking for in a applicant and the first thing he said was diversity. I think I got in partly due to the fact that I'm a non traditional applicant. I'm in my 30's and only decided to go into vet medicine in the last 4-5 years. I have a good GPA but only took 13-15 hours each semester in undergrad because I worked the whole time. Also I ended up with a Classics degree instead of a B.S in Bio because I ended up falling for Latin literature. My GRE score was terrible because I didn't study at all and took it after a really late night at the e clinic where I worked.
My point being: I think your major shows that a) you are good at more than just bio/chem-after all vet school's are overrun with the traditional bio/animal science majors with good grades and b) you are considering another path in life, which with the numbers of people applying to vet school, this shows maturity/ realistic outlook and c) that you are good at problem solving-vital in medicine
All in all I think it is more important to follow your interests than to try and fit some mold of what a successful applicant looks like. Even if you don't get in to vet school, you may find that M.E. or a related field ends up being your true calling (I know, this is likely blasphemy on SDN but it is true-vet/med school are not the only things one could do to make a living and still be happy)
Good Luck and I hope to see you in my class at VMRCVM this year!!!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am supposed to hear what position I am on the iowa waitlist today, but so far nothing.

I am so confused because they called me stating that my ss number that I put down last year is different than the one this year. I didn't do that and the one number was right, the other number was far off. When I asked about it the lady said she just receives the infi from the vet school and that it is possible someone over there copied something down wrong, but she said it is just for admission purposes for the fafsa.... I am really starting to hope that they didn't mix my file up with someone else's. And why does the admissions office need my info when I haven't been accepted yet?

I am thinking of sending them an email to be sure nothing has been mixed up.

Thank you so much Betsy1990 and CanHardlyWait. That was exactly what I needed to hear to get my butt back in gear. After I got my waitlist rank I was pretty disheartened and got into a bit of a thinking "but what if i never get in?!!?". This has always been my dream, and even though I have a plan B, I'd rather not use it :) I think I'm a pretty good applicant, and I'm surprised my interview skills failed me. I know they said acceptance after interviews was entirely based on those interviews, so it made me a bit upset that I know right where my weakness is. But I'll do my file review and work really hard this next few semesters and *hopefully* will see you in 2013 !

:( If you don't hear anything soon, perhaps give the coordinator an email or call?

They said they haven't set the dates for the interviews yet. Maybe they want to do that first. I asked if everyone got an interview (it's a very small program) and if we'd be notified per mail or email, but never got an answer.

They said they haven't set the dates for the interviews yet. Maybe they want to do that first. I asked if everyone got an interview (it's a very small program) and if we'd be notified per mail or email, but never got an answer.

Will keep all appropriate appendages crossed that you get a positive answer and SOON!! :xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

I still have no clue what I'm doing in regards to my acceptance...cue panic/anxiety attacks.

**Breathe** You will figure this out. I know that it's difficult, but you're going to know it's right once you've decided. And, feel free to smack me for this, but... Have you put together one of those helpful (albeit cheesy) pro/con lists? Sometimes writing things down helps you to see what you're already thinking. Sit down with a friend or family member to discuss the pros and cons out loud. I've found it can really help. And if that won't do it for you, there's always liquor... :luck:

**Breathe** You will figure this out. I know that it's difficult, but you're going to know it's right once you've decided. And, feel free to smack me for this, but... Have you put together one of those helpful (albeit cheesy) pro/con lists? Sometimes writing things down helps you to see what you're already thinking. Sit down with a friend or family member to discuss the pros and cons out loud. I've found it can really help. And if that won't do it for you, there's always liquor... :luck:

I haven't done a pros/con's list recently. I started one for all the schools I applied to in case I would have multiple choices (don't know what I was thinking) but haven't really updated it or looked at it since. I should probably look at it and expand it tomorrow after work. I'm also sending an email to see about possibly deferring but I don't have high hopes of it being granted.

Love that I can always count on people on here for support. Thanks!

I keep trying to stay positive and keep smiling and cheerful for others that I will get a call from a waitlist but inside I'm actually terrified I won't and that I will let everyone down. Most of all me.

I keep trying to stay positive and keep smiling and cheerful for others that I will get a call from a waitlist but inside I'm actually terrified I won't and that I will let everyone down. Most of all me.

Same here :confused: but try to stay positive. It's not even April 16th yet

Adding to my confusion, I just got out my passport because I need it to provide proof that I'm eligible to work, so of course I start flipping through it and now I'm all nostalgic for my time in the UK...ugh. Wish someone could just pick for me...or given me the winning ticket to the Mega Millions or whatever. That would have made my decision easier.

Same here :confused: but try to stay positive. It's not even April 16th yet

Me three! This is my second cycle and my only hope for starting this fall is if I get called off of one waitlist. Last cycle I was on two waitlists and obviously never got a call. Emotionally, the past few months have been very tough. I'm tired of feeling disappointed in myself and feeling like I'm disappointing the people who believe in me.

I still have no clue what I'm doing in regards to my acceptance...cue panic/anxiety attacks.
My good friend went through this last year, only with RVC. After much debate and soul searching about going vs staying home and reapplying the next year, she chose to go. Fast forward a year- she loves it there and is having an amazing time. She just returned from lambing in Ireland over Easter break and will be going to Africa to do zebra research over the summer. I was one of the people that encouraged her to go. My outlook is almost always that you will regret more the things that you didn't do in life. If you really want this, not just going to vet school but to go overseas, then do it. Life is for living and finding what makes us sing! Everything else will fall in to place if you follow your dreams. (yep, I am really this idealistic all of the time, well, most of the time ;))
Full disclosure: I'm also biased because RVC was my secret first choice for vet schools, even though I didn't apply there-my husband super vetoed it.

Life is for living and finding what makes us sing! Everything else will fall in to place if you follow your dreams. (yep, I am really this idealistic all of the time, well, most of the time ;))

I am often told that I can be too idealistic at times. However, I think if people were more idealistic, the world would be a better place. Besides, I'm tired of people saying "I'm being realistic" when what they really mean to say is "I'm being pessimistic."

I am often told that I can be too idealistic at times. However, I think if people were more idealistic, the world would be a better place. Besides, I'm tired of people saying "I'm being realistic" when what they really mean to say is "I'm being pessimistic."
I couldn't agree more. Also, I often find that people who take issue with my idealism and enthusiasm are stuck in ruts or don't have the guts to pursue their own dreams. I just quit a job filled with those people. Misery loves company and I couldn't stand to be in their company any longer.

My good friend went through this last year, only with RVC. After much debate and soul searching about going vs staying home and reapplying the next year, she chose to go. Fast forward a year- she loves it there and is having an amazing time. She just returned from lambing in Ireland over Easter break and will be going to Africa to do zebra research over the summer. I was one of the people that encouraged her to go. My outlook is almost always that you will regret more the things that you didn't do in life. If you really want this, not just going to vet school but to go overseas, then do it. Life is for living and finding what makes us sing! Everything else will fall in to place if you follow your dreams. (yep, I am really this idealistic all of the time, well, most of the time ;))
Full disclosure: I'm also biased because RVC was my secret first choice for vet schools, even though I didn't apply there-my husband super vetoed it.

I have absolutely no doubt that I would love it there. Studied abroad in the UK for a year, so I know what the system is like, how to shop, what to expect by moving there, etc. From what I've gathered, Glasgow and the city I studied abroad in are fairly similar since they both have a huge student population and I loved that. It would be awesome to go back. It's more the financial end that is making me have doubts.

I have absolutely no doubt that I would love it there. Studied abroad in the UK for a year, so I know what the system is like, how to shop, what to expect by moving there, etc. From what I've gathered, Glasgow and the city I studied abroad in are fairly similar since they both have a huge student population and I loved that. It would be awesome to go back. It's more the financial end that is making me have doubts.
That was one of her worries too. I can't really say whether or not the debt is something that you would regret and/or if the experience plus the education would be worth it to you since I don't know you personally. As for my friend, it seems she is peace with her decision, money issues and all.
I'm in a similar spot, only accepted OOS to a pricey school. I had an absolute freak out at first when I considered the total cost of attending for 4 years. I really considered not going. But the thought of letting Aug 27 ( my start date) go by and me not being there left me even more terrified. I cannot imagine NOT being there. So I'm just going to do it. My intuition has gotten me this far in life (which is a pretty great life if I do say so myself:D) and I really don't regret anything.
So I guess I'm saying that I was able to be at peace with taking on such huge debt as well. Not that everyone could be okay with it, not that you could, just saying it is possible.
Sorry to be so up in your business. I just felt like I could contribute a different perspective to help you make up your mind. Good Luck!!!

That was one of her worries too. I can't really say whether or not the debt is something that you would regret and/or if the experience plus the education would be worth it to you since I don't know you personally. As for my friend, it seems she is peace with her decision, money issues and all.
I'm in a similar spot, only accepted OOS to a pricey school. I had an absolute freak out at first when I considered the total cost of attending for 4 years. I really considered not going. But the thought of letting Aug 27 ( my start date) go by and me not being there left me even more terrified. I cannot imagine NOT being there. So I'm just going to do it. My intuition has gotten me this far in life (which is a pretty great life if I do say so myself:D) and I really don't regret anything.
So I guess I'm saying that I was able to be at peace with taking on such huge debt as well. Not that everyone could be okay with it, not that you could, just saying it is possible.
Sorry to be so up in your business. I just felt like I could contribute a different perspective to help you make up your mind. Good Luck!!!

Don't feel like you have to apologize. I definitely appreciate hearing people's thoughts because you never know, maybe something someone says will make me feel more at ease or help me figure out how to make my decision. Everyone always tells me things happen for a reason and that things will work themselves out (the vet I work for just said this and she has like 300k in debt) and I guess I just have a hard time grasping that concept and jumping into things because I don't think I really believe it. I wish I had that kind of faith because I feel like it would make things easier.

I haven't done a pros/con's list recently. I started one for all the schools I applied to in case I would have multiple choices (don't know what I was thinking) but haven't really updated it or looked at it since. I should probably look at it and expand it tomorrow after work. I'm also sending an email to see about possibly deferring but I don't have high hopes of it being granted.

Love that I can always count on people on here for support. Thanks!

If you are talking about deferring from Glasgow for a year, one of my best friends did that before she joined my class. It was definitely the best choice for her, as she worked for a year, and saved up. Helped give her some time to think through everything too :)

If you are talking about deferring from Glasgow for a year, one of my best friends did that before she joined my class. It was definitely the best choice for her, as she worked for a year, and saved up. Helped give her some time to think through everything too :)

I emailed Joyce over the weekend about it, so I'm just waiting to hear back now. They were closed today cause of Easter. It's something I'm really considering because I got laid off the day before all my interviews started and since I only worked PT for pretty much minimum wage I never manged to save up much of anything. I've started working again at the place that laid me off until they find a surgery tech, but it's still only PT. Just had an interview for a FT position with a VCA hospital, so maybe that will work out and I'll be able to save up a little bit. Or even have the chance to visit the school during the year and see if it actually really is the place for me.

I emailed Joyce over the weekend about it, so I'm just waiting to hear back now. They were closed today cause of Easter. It's something I'm really considering because I got laid off the day before all my interviews started and since I only worked PT for pretty much minimum wage I never manged to save up much of anything. I've started working again at the place that laid me off until they find a surgery tech, but it's still only PT. Just had an interview for a FT position with a VCA hospital, so maybe that will work out and I'll be able to save up a little bit. Or even have the chance to visit the school during the year and see if it actually really is the place for me.

Yup...they like their holidays. She should get back to you tomorrow. I'm sorry about the laying off. Banfield and VCA FT positions are really good experiences to have. I've got my fingers :xf: for you friend. Deep breaths...it WILL all work out how it is supposed to!! Keep me posted!

Yup...they like their holidays. She should get back to you tomorrow. I'm sorry about the laying off. Banfield and VCA FT positions are really good experiences to have. I've got my fingers :xf: for you friend. Deep breaths...it WILL all work out how it is supposed to!! Keep me posted!

Haha. That they do. Them and their Bank Holiday's as well. And it's alright now. Sucked at the time because it happened the night before my Penn interview. I'm pretty sure I looked/sounded kinda depressed during my interview...

I just feel horrible that I'm so hesitant since this is pretty much all I have ever wanted as a career, besides wanting to be a killer whale trainer for a few years when I was younger.

Haha. That they do. Them and their Bank Holiday's as well. And it's alright now. Sucked at the time because it happened the night before my Penn interview. I'm pretty sure I looked/sounded kinda depressed during my interview...

I just feel horrible that I'm so hesitant since this is pretty much all I have ever wanted as a career, besides wanting to be a killer whale trainer for a few years when I was younger.

Don't feel bad. It is a huge decision and being hesitant is natural when it comes to finances/moving your life.

But, I have no doubts you will be a vet, and an awesome one at that :)

I am just having a complete vet school admissions break down....

After 3 years, I am happy to have an acceptance.. the only problem is that I can not afford it...:(

I need to be able to come up with my deposit for Edinburgh by May 1st and the only possible way this is going to happen is to pull out another credit card. I can barely afford to pay off the current credit card that I have that I have been using over the last 3 years for vet school applications. I want to be excited and looking forward to going to vet school but I am so stressed out by how much it is going to cost me to even get over to Edinburgh and how in the hell I am going to afford it that I can't get excited, it is more of a headache at this point.

I have been really hoping to get good news from one of my two waitlists (it would be a huge relief to stay in the US) but after seeing that I am number 84 on the Iowa State waitlist; I am quickly starting to lose hope. I just want to be happy/excited to be going to vet school but instead I am beyond stressed and worried as hell. It doesn't help that I am reminded about it everday at work or by family members at home. :( :cry:

After 3 years, I am happy to have an acceptance.. the only problem is that I can not afford it...:(

I need to be able to come up with my deposit for Edinburgh by May 1st and the only possible way this is going to happen is to pull out another credit card. I can barely afford to pay off the current credit card that I have that I have been using over the last 3 years for vet school applications. I want to be excited and looking forward to going to vet school but I am so stressed out by how much it is going to cost me to even get over to Edinburgh and how in the hell I am going to afford it that I can't get excited, it is more of a headache at this point.

I have been really hoping to get good news from one of my two waitlists (it would be a huge relief to stay in the US) but after seeing that I am number 84 on the Iowa State waitlist; I am quickly starting to lose hope. I just want to be happy/excited to be going to vet school but instead I am beyond stressed and worried as hell. It doesn't help that I am reminded about it everday at work or by family members at home. :( :cry:

Chin up! :D Is it an option for you to not go this year? Do you think there is something you can improve on and have a better chance next year in the US or are you not leaning in that direction? I'm not sure if you are just stressing out, or if there is an underlying uncomfortable feeling about going to Edin in general. Only you know that. I hope you are able to get it figured out soon.
If it's just the money causing you stress, I say do what you gotta do to make it work!
If it's not just the money causing you stress, maybe take a hard look at what you really want to do. We're all hear to support you and help anyway we can!

Pretty much in the exact same boat. We can stress/panic together. Except it's not my credit card bill (still have to pay it off but it isn't that high so I'm not too concerned) but my ~$30k in undergrad loans that are currently collecting interest since I just had to defer them again...

#83 as i declined my spot as #51 :) There will be LOTS more people that also do that so you just never know. That list moves up pretty fast. I understand that it is risky waiting for Iowa however. Im so sorry :( It's great that you are still able to be happy for an acceptance though! Never give up hope!

Pretty much in the exact same boat. We can stress/panic together. Except it's not my credit card bill (still have to pay it off but it isn't that high so I'm not too concerned) but my ~$30k in undergrad loans that are currently collecting interest since I just had to defer them again...

Sweet! I have my 25K from the federal government that I have been deferring for the past 18 months along with my over 40K in private loans that have a whopping $340/month payment.

I have NO money and my current credit card is nearly maxed out. I would have to pull out another to be able to get anywhere close to Edinburgh...

I am so stressed out. We can stress together. :oops:

Sorry Orca and DVMDream :( I can't imagine how difficult this is for you guys. DVMdream--you have until May 1st to put a deposit down overseas? It sounds like you have a little bit of time after the April 15 deadline to see if the waitlist moves. Maybe they can give you an idea of your chances of being called off the waitlist?

:xf: and :luck: to the both of you.

Chin up! :D Is it an option for you to not go this year? Do you think there is something you can improve on and have a better chance next year in the US or are you not leaning in that direction? I'm not sure if you are just stressing out, or if there is an underlying uncomfortable feeling about going to Edin in general. Only you know that. I hope you are able to get it figured out soon.
If it's just the money causing you stress, I say do what you gotta do to make it work!
If it's not just the money causing you stress, maybe take a hard look at what you really want to do. We're all hear to support you and help anyway we can!

Emiloo, this is my third year applying. I am NOT filling out VMCAS again. I am done! I am just stressed out about the money. I think Edinburgh is great and I am thrilled to be accepted but I just do not see how it is feasible currently. I have already been out of school for 2 years and I don't want to go a third year because I feel that I will lose everything that I have learned from undergrad. I already feel like I have lost so much of what I learned. I will just have to find a way to make the money....just not sure how.

Sweet! I have my 25K from the federal government that I have been deferring for the past 18 months along with my over 40K in private loans that have a whopping $340/month payment.

I have NO money and my current credit card is nearly maxed out. I would have to pull out another to be able to get anywhere close to Edinburgh...

I am so stressed out. We can stress together. :oops:

Ew. My undergrad loans (federal and school based) total about $400 a month...granted that isn't based on income but when I'm only working PT at $8/hr there really isn't a point in even attempting. Tried for two months, realized I couldn't keep up and also got laid off. At least I'm working again but still at the same hours and rate...

I think my parents would be willing to do the deposit (mine's due April 30th) but I really hate asking them for money when I know they don't really have it and are helping my sister through college and her education is costing wayyyyy more than mine did which is crazy since my school's tuition and what not was at least $50k a year by the time I graduated.

Ew. My undergrad loans (federal and school based) total about $400 a month...granted that isn't based on income but when I'm only working PT at $8/hr there really isn't a point in even attempting. Tried for two months, realized I couldn't keep up and also got laid off. At least I'm working again but still at the same hours and rate...

I think my parents would be willing to do the deposit (mine's due April 30th) but I really hate asking them for money when I know they don't really have it and are helping my sister through college and her education is costing wayyyyy more than mine did which is crazy since my school's tuition and what not was at least $50k a year by the time I graduated.

Unfortunately, I can't defer the private loans....I am stuck paying those. I could get the payment lowered but then I have been told that I can not defer them while I am in school (and they will need to be deferred while I am in school). My federal loans are over $200/month and luckily I have been able to keep deferring those. My parents have no money they are currently struggling to keep their heads above water and the house from going into foreclosure (we almost had to move this past week :(). My grandparents would help but they have been very tight on money lately. My aunt had mentioned helping out quite a while back but she recently lost her job, had a falling out with a long time family friend who is now trying to sue her (it is a huge mess, he is trying to get $200,000 from her) so she can't help. I am just stuck and stressed. Getting off one of these waitlists would be a HUGE weight off my shoulders...

Unfortunately, I can't defer the private loans....I am stuck paying those. I could get the payment lowered but then I have been told that I can not defer them while I am in school (and they will need to be deferred while I am in school). My federal loans are over $200/month and luckily I have been able to keep deferring those. My parents have no money they are currently struggling to keep their heads above water and the house from going into foreclosure (we almost had to move this past week :(). My grandparents would help but they have been very tight on money lately. My aunt had mentioned helping out quite a while back but she recently lost her job, had a falling out with a long time family friend who is now trying to sue her (it is a huge mess, he is trying to get $200,000 from her) so she can't help. I am just stuck and stressed. Getting off one of these waitlists would be a HUGE weight off my shoulders...

Oh my goodness. I know my situation is stressing me out, so I can't even imagine being in your shoes. Really, really hoping you can get in off one those wait list spots. And I feel like you have a better shot at being granted a deferment than me with your situation. Have you thought about asking?

Oh my goodness. I know my situation is stressing me out, so I can't even imagine being in your shoes. Really, really hoping you can get in off one those wait list spots. And I feel like you have a better shot at being granted a deferment than me with your situation. Have you thought about asking?

I have thought about it a few times, but I have been out of school for 2 years already and feel like I have lost a lot of information from my schooling as it is and I really don't want to wait another year and feel even further behind...

I have thought about it a few times, but I have been out of school for 2 years already and feel like I have lost a lot of information from my schooling as it is and I really don't want to wait another year and feel even further behind...

Understandable. I feel like I'm slowing been getting dumber and I've only been out of school for almost a year. I even took an animal nutrition course online last semester and I still feel like I've lost some valuable study/note taking skills.