The Universities that never reply...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.Furfur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are those universities worth giving my 50-100$ for a secondary application? I have written Emory twice to ask for information and never got an reply from them...this also happened with few other universities(Loma Linda, East Tennessee)...On the other hand I wrote to Wayne state twice too and I got both replies within an hour of sending my email. I even got the nicest email ever from USC, where I don't have much chance of getting accepted (Since I am a Canadian)
Would you still apply to a university that never replied you, even that you met their GPA cutoff....

Umm...huh?

Are these schools you have applied to and haven't heard back from, or are these schools you are planning to apply to next cycle?

If it's the latter, what "information" are you asking them? Every med school is ridiculously busy right now; they don't have time to respond to people who haven't applied yet as there are still thousands of people in play for this cycle. Whether or not they reply to you should have no bearing on where you apply.

I didn't understand the OP at all, and I don't mean to yoink this forum, but I have a question too. Two schools have not sent me any info and still list my application as "under review" (since August). I have sent an update letter and called a few times. Is it even worth it to reapply to these schools next year? I paid NYMC $100. Isn't that enough money for a stinkin' letter of rejection? Drexel also keeps telling me that a decision is not available. These may be good schools, but if they don't have the decency to let me know that I don't have a chance now because I haven't interviewed, I think that is kind of rude. Any thoughts???

Members don't see this ad :)
if you think you have the numbers to get into emory, go for it. but if you don't, don't submit the "lottery ticket" application to them. save that $ for harvard.

If I understand correctly, you are planning to apply next cycle and were tying to find information.

I assume you scoured the websites prior and verified that the info wasn't there first.

Anyway, do realize that May is the craziest time for a Medical School's admissions office, it may take some time for them to respond to your questions.

Also, I have found that Med School Admissions Offices are not always reflective of the school. You might have some less than friendly or helpful admissions people, but the school (students/professors/hospitals/etc.) might be perfect for you. Don't rule anything out just b/c of a bad admissions experience.

Are those universities worth giving my 50-100$ for a secondary application? I have written Emory twice to ask for information and never got an reply from them...this also happened with few other universities(Loma Linda, East Tennessee)...On the other hand I wrote to Wayne state twice too and I got both replies within an hour of sending my email. I even got the nicest email ever from USC, where I don't have much chance of getting accepted (Since I am a Canadian)
Would you still apply to a university that never replied you, even that you met their GPA cutoff....
Hrrm, over on the ETSU thread there seems to be pretty good communication coming from there. Are you calling, or just sending emails? It's a sad fact that in the healthcare realm in general people ignore emails, voice mails, and faxes. Sometimes you just have to call. You also have to consider that if a school emails you back it's an official written piece of communication. If you call, it's an informal conversation with no record (and thus no legal ramifications should there be miscommunication). Some schools might be weird about that.