D
deleted109597
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, I think I forgot to post this one (although if I did, shoot me).
We had severe overflow issues one night, so we were taking waiting room patients into the quiet room to draw labs on them so that they would be dispo'ed by the time the got back.
So I get this 18 year old kid with "flu-like illness" and bring him into the QR. Get the vacutainer needle in him (I'm a tech at this time), start drawing the rainbow. Get to tube 3, and kid makes a noise. I look up to see him turn green and go limp. So limp that he becomes incontinent. In his clothes, on a cloth chair, on a carpeted floor, with a needle in his arm. The doors are shut, and there aren't any call lights in the QR. I get the last tubes (I'm sure as hell not sticking him again), tape him up, and basically prop him so I can get a nurse.
Kid wakes up, and ends up having to go home in a gown. I think environmental had to burn the chair.
We had severe overflow issues one night, so we were taking waiting room patients into the quiet room to draw labs on them so that they would be dispo'ed by the time the got back.
So I get this 18 year old kid with "flu-like illness" and bring him into the QR. Get the vacutainer needle in him (I'm a tech at this time), start drawing the rainbow. Get to tube 3, and kid makes a noise. I look up to see him turn green and go limp. So limp that he becomes incontinent. In his clothes, on a cloth chair, on a carpeted floor, with a needle in his arm. The doors are shut, and there aren't any call lights in the QR. I get the last tubes (I'm sure as hell not sticking him again), tape him up, and basically prop him so I can get a nurse.
Kid wakes up, and ends up having to go home in a gown. I think environmental had to burn the chair.
