This made my day

Started by DVMDream
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

That's super awesome! I definitely got a bit choked up with excitement.

(Lol, even though I won't be applying for another 1.5years.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's super awesome! I definitely got a bit choked up with excitement.

(Lol, even though I won't be applying for another 1.5years.)


hahahaha I did the same thing! I was so excited.... and then realized how far I have to go until I can even apply. ugh.
 
lol, she's actually in my class 🙂

To her surprise, that video was played at orientation :laugh:

She said she actally toned it down a bit -- that wasn't even her first post acceptance phone call.

😱 I would have been super embarrassed if that was played at orientation!!! ESPECIALLY if I didn't know about it!! That's a cute video, though!
 
WSU...there is a Dr Richard Debowes there, I met him a few times in the VLE in Australia.

Anyway, getting in is easy but can you stay in there for 4 years? I look back and see that actually getting in was the easy part, its actually staying the course that is difficult, so many of my classmates have dropped out...
 
I'm already a person who can't sit still, I always have to be moving. So I'm that girl whose leg is constantly shaking her leg or twirling her pen. I keep thinking that I really hope I'm not in class if I get notification of an interview or further down the line an acceptance because I don't know if I'd be able to contain myself. theunraveler, I'm not sure why you're mentioning a person at WSU or why you decided to post that on this thread, we're looking for pick-me-ups
 
Unraveler, you're at, err... Murdoch? One of the Australian universities? Right? (Trying to remember, I just woke up lol) So you went into vet school straight out of high school, correct? I would imagine that there is a higher drop rate in these sorts of programs because, well, I'm not sure I had my head on straight at 18, and I'm really not sure I would have been ready for vet school classes and the studying involved.

Maybe I'm biased because I've already taken the path that I have, but I think I prefer the four years of undergraduate first - it helps reassure (and prepare) those who really want it, and helps to sort out a few that would not be able to handle the coursework at all. And honestly, there are so many paths that one can take... I just can't imagine hopping right into it after highschool.

Thoughts?
 
I definitely needed the 4 years of undergraduate to figure out what I wanted to do. In fact, I'm halfway through my senior year right now and just realized I can do pre-vet-- I'd felt locked into my English major and literature career, but it's definitely taken me these 4 years to realize what I want to do with my life. I'm definitely glad I didn't jump into my career or terminal degree right after high school.
 
Unraveler, you're at, err... Murdoch? One of the Australian universities? Right? (Trying to remember, I just woke up lol) So you went into vet school straight out of high school, correct? I would imagine that there is a higher drop rate in these sorts of programs because, well, I'm not sure I had my head on straight at 18, and I'm really not sure I would have been ready for vet school classes and the studying involved.

Maybe I'm biased because I've already taken the path that I have, but I think I prefer the four years of undergraduate first - it helps reassure (and prepare) those who really want it, and helps to sort out a few that would not be able to handle the coursework at all. And honestly, there are so many paths that one can take... I just can't imagine hopping right into it after highschool.

Thoughts?
Yea I'm in UQ Vet science program. I went in after doing 1 year of BSc. The ones who dropped out are a mix of high school leavers and mature students. We started with about 110 students, now we're down to 80+ and more is projected to leave after this year...
 
I'm already a person who can't sit still, I always have to be moving. So I'm that girl whose leg is constantly shaking her leg or twirling her pen. I keep thinking that I really hope I'm not in class if I get notification of an interview or further down the line an acceptance because I don't know if I'd be able to contain myself. theunraveler, I'm not sure why you're mentioning a person at WSU or why you decided to post that on this thread, we're looking for pick-me-ups

You want a pick me up, you could try the local bar...
 
theunraveler, I'm not sure why you're mentioning a person at WSU or why you decided to post that on this thread, we're looking for pick-me-ups

👍

also, the attrition rate for US schools is pretty low. and i know that going thru vet school is insanely hard... but getting in is also hard. and im sure 99% of people who are applying want to be a vet so bad they'd study 24/7 to pass it... if only we were ALL actually accepted and given a chance to prove ourselves
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alcohol is a depressant, as are 95% of the people one might be inclined to find at a bar!

Perhaps try a meth lab instead for a real pick-me-up? 😉

Sounds like a plan. lol. I was just saying that for a thread called "This Made My Day!" that post did not make my day in any way shape or form