Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever Official WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should we lynch @docespana on general principle

• Total voters

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Land. A magical place where "health" or "evil" can be seen, where stone and wood have power (earthpower), where nerves regenerate, and beauty is visible. In this idyllic wonderland lurks evil that has been long dormant for generations, ever since the desecration done by Kevin Landwaster. To help the inhabitants of the land, the creator has sent an anti-hero amidst you, an unbeliever, a skeptic, a leper - Thomas Covenant. He carries the wild magic of white gold in his wedding ring (his wife left him after he was diagnosed but he still wears the ring). With this magic, with one word, he can save or damn the land.

Help Thomas Covenant, ur-lord in his quest against evil, and despair, and against himself.

Ground Rules for the Game..
0) @StartingoverVet (SOV) and @devyn are the co-mods. Please include us both in your conversations.
1) FH rule and LIS rule are suspended due to the time of year, but the mods reserve the right to mod-kill anyone whose participation is deemed inappropriate.
*****2) This is a GAME. I want everyone to have fun to the greatest degree possible while still trying to win. I do NOT want to see any personal attacks. Keep it relevant to the game. Arguing and fighting is fun, petty bickering is not. Please bite your tongue before responding to all the little slights that occur. I do not take sides so don't bother complaining to me.
3) PM deadline is 5:30am EST so all time zones should have no problem getting PMs in. AM writeups will NOT be at 5:30am, but whenever we can get to it, hopefully by 9am if not earlier. Lynch deadline is generally going to be around 6pm EST. I will consider moving it slightly later if west coasters have trouble, but not too much.
4) You can quote posts all you want or lie about it or whatever. You just can't make it look like it is directly quoted (not sure how that even works in the new forum).
5) I warn you now, this game may be frustrating at times... but I guarantee you, it is designed to frustrate both sides AND to be faithful a little bit to the book as I remember it. Any errors in following the plot line are mine and you will just have to deal with it.
6) This game is based entirely on the first trilogy (Lord Foul's Bane, The Illearth War, and The Power that Preserves). Nothing from the later trilogies applies.
7) PMs received after deadlines and lynch votes placed after deadlines will generally be ignored (Mods always reserve the right to adjust as necessary).

Have fun, be paranoid, and speak up.

It is day 1: Elect a leader. Deadline is 6pm EST.

There are 24 players in the game

Mithil Stonedown
1- @shortnsweet
2- @dyachei
3- @DVMDream
4- @LetItSnow

Revelstone
5- @tuckervet
6- @allieh8607
7- @equineconstant
8- @AlorsOnDanse

Seareach
9- @nyanko
10- @swingnsave
11- @Flim Flam Man
12- @Foxhunter

Soaring Woodhelvin
13-@kaydubs
14- @Cyndia
15- @nohika
16- @fromthebox

Plains of Ra
17- @Escalla
18- @hedgiehog
19- @Philliab
20- @Frozenshades

Foul's Creche
21- @thedrjojo
22- @Chillbo Baggins
23- @wolfspeaker
24- @jdh71

Leader election tally: #160
Leader election write-up: #164
Night 1 write-up: #181
Day 2 vote: #310
Day 2 write-up: #309
Night 2 write-up: #340
Day 3 Lynch vote: #554
Day 3 lynch write-up: #558
Night 3 writeup: #591
Day 4 Lynch vote: #654
Day 4 write-up: #698
Day 4 addendum: #713
Night 4 writeup: #741
Day 5 vote: #840
Day 5 write-up: #850
Night 5: write-up #902
Day 6 vote: #948
Day 6 write-up: #967
Night 6 write-up: #972
Day 7 vote: #1030
Day 7 write-up: #1031
Night 7 write-up: #1081 (there is no writeup here. Deleted due to SOV error).
Day 8 lynch vote: #1146
day 8 writeup: #1148
night 8 writeup: #1161
Day 9 lynch vote: #1322
Day 9 writeup: #1328
Night 9 writeup: #1345
Day 10 lynch vote: #1404
Day 10 writeup: #1406
Night 10 writeup: #1433
Day 11 lynch vote: #1456
Day 11 writeup: #1457
Night 11 writeup: #1460
Day 12 lynch vote: #1498
Day 12 write up: #1522
Trell death redux: #1531
Night 12 writeup:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
CatWave.gif

hi_wave_misha.gif

vote for jojo

I respect his style of game play. He is of course a dangerous wolf, but so are so many others for various reasons, what I like about him is that he will work with everyone if able. I think he has the experience and style I want as mayor.

vote for jojo

I respect his style of game play. He is of course a dangerous wolf, but so are so many others for various reasons, what I like about him is that he will work with everyone if able. I think he has the experience and style I want as mayor.
That sounds like a vote I can get behind.

Elect Rojo

Reactions: 1 user
elect nohika because she's back

Members don't see this ad :)
Leader election:

Jojo 3 (JDH, chillbo, FS)
Dyachei 2 (FFM, DVDM)
FFM 1 (Escalla)
Nohika 1 (hedgie)

Deadline is 6pm. 17 votes uncast.

And don't forget to vote in the poll!

vote for jojo

I fell asleep halfway through this campaign speech.

*****elect dyachei******

I wasn't necessarily planning on running since I don't know the book/series, but JDH stumping for me has convinced me that I will be a good mayor!

Elect Rojo!

And ha, escalla has to post in pictures it seems! thank god I didn't get that role!

4) You can quote posts all you want or lie about it or whatever. You just can't make it look like it is directly quoted (not sure how that even works in the new forum).
5) Elect Rojo for mayor, he deserves it

That's how you do it SOV... not very hard.

DocE sent me a PM he wanted me to share:
DocEspana said:
If I was playing, I'd vote for Rojo

NOTE: I edited these quotes to demonstrate to SOV that its easy to do, not to violate the rules in post 1. Don't mod smite me.

That's how you do it SOV... not very hard.

DocE sent me a PM he wanted me to share:

NOTE: I edited these quotes to demonstrate to SOV that its easy to do, not to violate the rules in post 1. Don't mod smite me.
Thank you jojo.

EVERYONE... this is what is prohibited in quoting messages or conversations etc.
You can quote word for word from a PM.... or lie about it. I love when people make up things I might say.

:eyebrow:

I guess I should thank Devyn and SOV, cause something seems off...

whatever, I'll take it! :heckyeah:

That's just Truman's campaign slogan.

Not a game mechanic. I seriously would like to see someone I can PM with as mayor. And no one is going to elect me, so . . .

I do think you'd make a good mayor.

Not a game mechanic. I seriously would like to see someone I can PM with as mayor. And no one is going to elect me, so . . .

awww, i'd have elected you! You seem to know who this Thomas Covenant guy is anyway...

The few times I've been mayor I have been good... for one side or the other :smuggrin:

Leader election:

Jojo 4 (JDH, chillbo, FS, jojo)
Dyachei 3 (FFM, DVDM, LIS)
FFM 1 (Escalla)
Nohika 1 (hedgie)

Deadline is 6pm. 15 votes uncast.

And don't forget to vote in the poll!

_64673311_64673309.jpg

Edge_vanity_and_ego_MAY13%20gif.ashx

ci0.gif

I agree and as a groupmate.....elect Escalla

It would be funny, but isn't going to be helpful if our mayor can not communicate with us on the thread in a clear manner.

While I agree that it would be funny and I think escalla would make a fine mayor, we need to elect someone that can actually post words. (No offense escalla). :)

It would be funny, but isn't going to be helpful if our mayor can not communicate with us on the thread in a clear manner.

While I agree that it would be funny and I think escalla would make a fine mayor, we need to elect someone that can actually post words. (No offense escalla). :)

Buzz kill. unelect Escalla, elect dyachei

I post lots of words.

Sometimes in complete sentences and thoughts even!

I post lots of words.

Sometimes in complete sentences and thoughts even!

But you are annoying.... and not in my group.... so... :p

(Actually, if it was only between you and escalla, I would vote for you over escalla in this case, only because being able to communicate is important).

But you are annoying.... and not in my group.... so... :p

(Actually, if it was only between you and escalla, I would vote for you over escalla in this case, only because being able to communicate is important).
Otherwise you'd vote for escalla, just so we are clear ;)