Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

just got my acceptance email!!!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
aw shucks-- thanks guys!

CH3-- they confirmed my interview time pretty quickly. the next day i think... good luck!!!:xf:

dreezy-- I'm from south Denver. Greenwood Village/Cherry Hills style. What about you? We better make sure to represent the fine state of Colorado!!:)

I just got my acceptance email today too! I am so thrilled. I been doing the happy dance for a good minute now :laugh:

aw shucks-- thanks guys!

CH3-- they confirmed my interview time pretty quickly. the next day i think... good luck!!!:xf:

dreezy-- I'm from south Denver. Greenwood Village/Cherry Hills style. What about you? We better make sure to represent the fine state of Colorado!!:)

when did you have your interview sealove?

I grew up downtown, near 5 points. cherry hills, haha, you got money girl. congrats again though!!!! Good job :thumbup:

Has anyone gotten an extension for turning in the deposit?

Has anyone who has recently got accepted received their acceptance packet in the mail..... If so when does the deposit have to be turned in? I have yet to receive my letter in the mail.

To Cytosine and Sealove.
Congrats on ur acceptances!! :D
When did you have interview?

Has anyone gotten an extension for turning in the deposit?

@lola87

I asked the same question and no one answered, lol! Anyway, I got an extension, they can only push it back two weeks for you. mine went from feb 19, to march 12th.

But since I got into my top choice school, I will probably decline my spot, which will give some openings for others!

But yea, ask Karon Jacobs for the extension.

yowerd and poooh--

I interviewed on Feb 6th and got the acceptance 10 days later

Members don't see this ad :)
@lola87

I asked the same question and no one answered, lol! Anyway, I got an extension, they can only push it back two weeks for you. mine went from feb 19, to march 12th.

But since I got into my top choice school, I will probably decline my spot, which will give some openings for others!

But yea, ask Karon Jacobs for the extension.

Thank You!!!

yowerd and poooh--

I interviewed on Feb 6th and got the acceptance 10 days later

I interview at 8am Feb 6th. Since there was a massive blizzard, no Taxis were available so I had to walk in raging storm from the Hampton (about .4mile). I was literally frozen when I got there, and since there was no tour or anything, they went straight into the interview portion, and I was the first one in. What an icebreaker! Mary Hess and Amy were so nice and friendly that I didn't felt too nervous or anxious. Jessica (the P1 student) was super informative. She answer a billion of my questions.

Hey Sealove, were you in my group in the morning? I was the asian guy with the black stripped dress shirt.

I had to walk through the blizzard, too!! And if there is a way to get lost I will find it...so naturally I was wondering the streets for like 20min in the wrong direction before I figured it out. I was soaking wet when I got there.

But yes--I think I remember you!!:D I was the short white girl wearing the white jacket and black pants.

Hey everyone..this is my first post on SDN (I've been lurking for a while though...)

I got accepted to Jefferson, and I really liked it. I think I'm going to send in my deposit next week. I'm wondering why other people chose this school over others?

is it too late to apply to jefferson???

Hi all, first time poster. :hello: How long are the interviews at Jeff?

The whole interview process (tour, Q/A, interviews) takes about 2 hours. But there are two actual interviews that take about half an hour each. At least that's how it was on my day.

Hey- did anyone have an interview on 2/13?!

And chimichangas, mine took 2hrs as well

Thanks Sealove & Pooh, I'm crossing my fingers for you guys to get accepted. How efficient is the interview, does it drag on after the 2 hours or did you guys get out on time? I ask because I'm trying to book flights and am not sure how much time I need between leaving the interview and getting to PHL airport (considering it is always a good idea to arrive at the airport 2 hours before the departure).

Thanks Sealove & Pooh, I'm crossing my fingers for you guys to get accepted. How efficient is the interview, does it drag on after the 2 hours or did you guys get out on time? I ask because I'm trying to book flights and am not sure how much time I need between leaving the interview and getting to PHL airport (considering it is always a good idea to arrive at the airport 2 hours before the departure).

they were pretty on time. my interviewer even noticed that she went over and ended the interview quickly.
tack on an extra 10-15 min.

I interview on the 13th as well, I was the only white guy at 8:15 am

When do you guys think we'll hear back about acceptances?

does anyone know if the incoming class is full or not???

Just Curious:confused:

I interview on the 13th as well, I was the only white guy at 8:15 am

When do you guys think we'll hear back about acceptances?

I interviewed on 2/6 and receive my acceptance email at 7am on 2/16 and my acceptance package on 2/19, so Jefferson is super quick! I say you'll near back from them in 1-2 weeks.

Nextyearrx, I'm not sure if this is a good indicator at all, but 31 people joined the Jefferson 2014 group :smuggrin:. So it might be coming close to the end of this cycle.

I don't think I've seen people posting that they've been put on the waitlist for this year yet. I would assume there would be many waitlisteres as they near the end of admissions. Not to mention, they accept a lot more than the size of the class since most people will likely choose other schools and end up withdrawing.

I'm worried because my interview is next month and all the seats may be filled by then :scared:

Thanks for your replys guys..

Well, my only problem is that I am waiting for my PCAT score to arrive; so I won't be able to go to interview until the end of March (MAY BE??)

SO :xf:

The interview would not probably take over than 2hrs and 30 mins including tour and q&a session w current student. For my case, the receptionist(idk what to call her) called my interviewer when he was dragging time. So I came right out.

Mine was @ 10:15am on 2/13. Anyone??
Hopefully we ll know by nxt wk. :rolleyes:

mine was 10:15 on the 13th too. Hopefully we find out in a few days!

Is there a big difference between Barringer and Orlowitz?? Does one of them tend to have more undergrads than the other?? Barringer is a little more expensive... is it nicer/worth it??

I don't think theres a big difference between Barringer and Orlo. Theres some key differences:

Barringer: newer, seems to have less plumbing problems, less fire alarms (in my experience in the past 1.5yrs), the nice thing is the open kitchen, dishwasher in some units. Theres a little gym on the first floor. Problem is that its closer to Marathon (restaurant/bar) so it can be loud if you live on the street side. Also a little more expensive.

Orlowitz: older but not bad, more rooms available (especially if you want a 1bedroom), gym is still being renovated, not sure when it'll be finished -- but def will be nicer than barringer's gym once its done. Closed kitchen, no dishwasher.

check out the floor plans: http://www.jefferson.edu/housing/

In terms of undergrads...? Jefferson isn't really an undergrad institution... theres many med students, OT, PT, nursing students living on campus. Also medical residents too. Its not like in undergrad where you have "wing meetings" and such.... you kinda keep to yourself and don't interact w/ each other in terms of "bonding w/ your neighbors" so it doesn't matter who lives where. But I've found many pharmacy students living in Orlo ...maybe b/c its cheaper... well most of these students have their own 1bedroom apartment and the Orlo ones are easier to get. So if you want a 1bedroom to yourself, I suggest you choose Orlo as your 1st choice since you're more likely to get it compared to Barringer where theres less 1bedrooms and more in demand.

Hope that helps.

ADN1226 Thank you so much that is very helpful. You can't tell too much about them from the websites and we only got to see Orlowitz on our tour. I know Jefferson is primarily graduate but I know that they do have some undergraduate programs such as nursing. I remember what it was like when I was living in a dorm as an undergrad... lol i don't think I would want to go through that again -that's why I asked.

Does anyone know of any off campus living that is still walking distance to campus. My boyfriend will graduate in december, and is going to move to philly with me then.

Does anyone know of any off campus living that is still walking distance to campus. My boyfriend will graduate in december, and is going to move to philly with me then.

Most places in downtown Philly are a 15-20 minute walk to anywhere tops, I suggest pulling up the craigslist rental ads and google maps, and start from there. Stay in the box bordered by Arch St. on the north, Washington on the south, the river on the east, and maybe up to 20-22 st. on the west. There are bad blocks within this area (mostly near washington in some places) but it's generally a safe bet and within that 15-20 minute walk parameter. If you look at a published Philly murder map for 2008 or 2009, almost 0 are in this box, most are in the crescent that goes around it.

Most places in downtown Philly are a 15-20 minute walk to anywhere tops, I suggest pulling up the craigslist rental ads and google maps, and start from there. Stay in the box bordered by Arch St. on the north, Washington on the south, the river on the east, and maybe up to 20-22 st. on the west. There are bad blocks within this area (mostly near washington in some places) but it's generally a safe bet and within that 15-20 minute walk parameter. If you look at a published Philly murder map for 2008 or 2009, almost 0 are in this box, most are in the crescent that goes around it.

For convenience sake, I'd make that box North to Arch like you said, South to Bainbridge/Lombard/South, west to Broad*, and east to 5th.

*the reason i'd avoid anything west of broad is because you end up paying the "Rittenhouse Square" tax ie) the extra $$$ for living in the upper crust of the city. That, and you start to get into competition for housing with ivy league Penn students and they tend to come to the table armed with lots of money.

My favorite neighborhood is anything on locust, spruce, or pine between broad street and ~6th street. walnut/chestnut tends to be busy and loud on party nights. I try to stay out of chinatown because, well...it's chinatown. I only go there for dim sum and the occasional late night food hunt.

This is a question for the applicants:

It seems like Jefferson informs the candidates which courses they are missing during the interview process? I would like to know if Biology LAB courses were required? I do NOT see it on PharmCAS, but I would also like to verify with you all.

Thanks!

To the above post, is car parking available in these neighborhoods if your renting I mean?

It seems like Jefferson informs the candidates which courses they are missing during the interview process? I would like to know if Biology LAB courses were required? I do NOT see it on PharmCAS, but I would also like to verify with you all.

Thanks!

No, they don't tell you what is missing until you get your acceptance packet

No, they don't tell you what is missing until you get your acceptance packet

Well, I will be taking 2 courses (microbiology and A & P 2) in summer.

All other courses required by TJU are done :)

SO OVERALL IS IT OK OR WHAT?? :confused:

Thanks!

They won't inform you which courses are missing until you been accepted. But yes, ALL science courses have a lab requirement. This includes, anatomy/physio, bio, microbio, chem, etc.

The folder or the binder they give us after the interview, what's in it??
I left it in the restroom:mad:

it shouldn't be a problem towards admission to the school... Rite?:confused:

The folder or the binder they give us after the interview, what's in it??
I left it in the restroom:mad:

it shouldn't be a problem towards admission to the school... Rite?:confused:

To Poooh: The folder only contains a letter to prospective student, a campus map, a faculty directory, and a book. You do not need to worry. No one knows the folder is yours, because there is no name in it. :)

To Poooh: The folder only contains a letter to prospective student, a campus map, a faculty directory, and a book. You do not need to worry. No one knows the folder is yours, because there is no name in it. :)

haha thank you hellosnoopy!! I clipped my stuff with that folder-hopefully i didn't put my name on it. :smuggrin:

anyone hear a good news who interviewed on the 13th?

Sorry for posting questions that have probably been asked a million times but.... i did search :0

1. Does TJU "look down" on community college credits ? I'm not going to be a science major so i'm hoping to take all of them at a CC (in CA)
2. I know some schools (ie. all cali schools) pretty much demand a bachelors, does TJ weigh this as much ?
3. Do they prefer in-state students ? The technical definition or not.

Thanks!!

Sorry for posting questions that have probably been asked a million times but.... i did search :0

1. Does TJU "look down" on community college credits ? I'm not going to be a science major so i'm hoping to take all of them at a CC (in CA)
2. I know some schools (ie. all cali schools) pretty much demand a bachelors, does TJ weigh this as much ?

Thanks!!

I can't really give the most input but...
1. Not sure about that one.
2. During the student Q&A of my interview, they mentioned that a degree is not at all required. However, the majority of them do have one.
3. No, they do not have any preference.

Thanks!!

No, no, and no.

I took all my prereqs at community college, I do not have a bachelors, and I am from Florida and I got in. :D

To those accepted--

I received my acceptance email on the 16th but have not yet seen my acceptance packet in the mail...I got some housing info but that's it...
I am getting kind of worried because I don't know when the deposit is due and I don't know if they are accepting all my prereqs.

So-- is the deposit due two weeks after the date email or the packet?? and how soon did everyone get the packet after the email??

(sorry if this question has already been asked...my internet keeps messing up and I can't look back through the forum)

Thanks!!