Thoughts on choosing an AZCOM rotation site?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LieutenantDan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide on AZCOM rotations and I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the pros/cons of the various sites.
I was thinking that it would be best to be in Arizona where presumably ties btwn AZCOM and the hospitals are strongest. I have heard from one doctor that teaching hospitals are best for didactic rotations like IM but for procedurally oriented rotations it is best to find locations like county hospitals where you can get more hands-on experience.
I am leaning towards Tucson>East Valley>West Phoenix, but I have only limited information and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to share their thoughts on the rotation sites, or on what factors to consider when choosing a site.
Some fields I am interested in are neurology, psych (child), surgery (general), radiology (interventional), and rad onc. I know that Mayo is building a new medical school in Scottsdale with some advanced rad onc facilities but I don't know if anything is up and running or available to AZCOM students.

Members don't see this ad.