2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email from them saying I'm on the waitlist for an interview?? I didn't realize that was even a thing, they must get a boatload of applications... anyway, fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Been complete since 7/26. I haven't heard back yet. No II or II waitlist. Is anyone else in the same boat?

510 3.99 OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Found this late but was complete early June and II invite 9/1

Just got an email from them saying I'm on the waitlist for an interview?? I didn't realize that was even a thing, they must get a boatload of applications... anyway, fingers crossed.
same, not sure how to feel

It seems like almost everyone gets interview waitlisted. Has anyone actually received an interview invite after being on the waitlist?

It seems like almost everyone gets interview waitlisted. Has anyone actually received an interview invite after being on the waitlist?
from what I read last year there is more movement off of the waitlist in spring

II Waitlist 10/17, Complete: 10/12, Submitted: Late September

I was complete since 8/15/2023 and haven't heard back yet. If you have been waiting since then, you are not alone haha

Members don't see this ad :)
II received! Could anyone lend their experience to the virtual or in-person interview?

The tuition at this school.... yikes

Still hoping to get off the II waitlist tho:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my application here and at CCOM back in early july, I have not heard anything back, no rejection, interview waitlist, anything. Is it a good idea to email them about the status of my application or is too early? Pretty competitive stats too 3.98 cgpa 515 MCAT

I submitted my application here and at CCOM back in early july, I have not heard anything back, no rejection, interview waitlist, anything. Is it a good idea to email them about the status of my application or is too early? Pretty competitive stats too 3.98 cgpa 515 MCAT
+1

Similar stats, but I got a Pre-II WL so I'm not sure.

anyone going to their admitted students day? I just went for a campus tour but unfortunately didn't actually get to see much or learn anything new about the school.

Can anyone offer advice on Virtual vs In-person interview? I'm from the east coast and am wondering if it is worth traveling to the campus.

Can anyone offer advice on Virtual vs In-person interview? I'm from the east coast and am wondering if it is worth traveling to the campus.
If you have the chance I always prefer going in person because you get to see the campus and the surrounding areas…

Last edited:
Just got an II today, going to withdraw that offer. Good luck to all the applicants y’all got this!

• Care
OOS II on 11/7 (significant ties to the state). I am so confused by the interview format!!!! I opted for the in person option. Can anyone please clarify how it works? It's a panel interview meaning one interviewee and multiple interviewers? or are there multiple interviewees and interviewers? Is it MMI or traditional? I read the information on their website and it was pretty vague. Thanks!

Withdrew my II today. Hopefully someone in here gets the spot!

• Care
OOS II on 11/7 (significant ties to the state). I am so confused by the interview format!!!! I opted for the in person option. Can anyone please clarify how it works? It's a panel interview meaning one interviewee and multiple interviewers? or are there multiple interviewees and interviewers? Is it MMI or traditional? I read the information on their website and it was pretty vague. Thanks!
Two interviewers and a single student. It is traditional format and I'm pretty sure it's semi-closed (idk the term lol). They know everything except stats. It lasted 30 minutes.

Two interviewers and a single student. It is traditional format and I'm pretty sure it's semi-closed (idk the term lol). They know everything except stats. It lasted 30 minutes.
Thank you so much for clarifying that helps me out a lot.

Doesn’t matter they post a lot of links to the portal to learn more about the school. I’d save your money and do virtual. The only time you should absolutely do in person is if you live in state

Would second that you should save your money and just do virtual. The campus is still a 30+ min drive from PHX airport and everything you will see on campus for your interview day can be seen online through their posted videos/virtual tours. It looks exactly the same. Spoken from someone who did the virtual interview day and later went to look at the campus in person.

Just got an email saying to transfer my application at no cost … to the podiatrist medicine program… girl no 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So if we got this email (option to transfer app to Pharmacy program), are we still being considered for DO program?? I've been in the interview waitlist since early October...

So if we got this email (option to transfer app to Pharmacy program), are we still being considered for DO program?? I've been in the interview waitlist since early October...
same here to both of these

My friends applying to AZCOM's PA school got the same email. Probably nothing to worry about lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the acceptance today! My portal changed to show the accepted student checklist, which wasn't available yesterday. I haven't gotten an email yet though. I interviewed 11/8 !

Just got the acceptance today! My portal changed to show the accepted student checklist, which wasn't available yesterday. I haven't gotten an email yet though. I interviewed 11/8 !

+1

+1, is this for 100% a confirmation of an A? It feels weird not having an email or call.

+1, is this for 100% a confirmation of an A? It feels weird not having an email or call.
I thought it was weird too, but I read somewhere farther up that someone contacted admissions to verify and they said yes! Congrats :soexcited: