2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II off the interview waitlist, complete 7/26! Only dates that were available were in March though šŸ˜¬

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You can send them an update letter via email - that's very common practice. I sent them a pre-interview update and was told it was added to my file. Would definitely do that over calling so you can ensure your information is actually updated.
Thank you! Also, did you include your CAS ID? I'm not sure what other identifying information I can include.

OOS II today. Going to decline. I hope it goes to one of y'all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Also, did you include your CAS ID? I'm not sure what other identifying information I can include.
Yes, I signed off with my name and CAS ID and also put it in the subject line.

Could we start a chat for students that actually planning on attending (barring another acceptance to like a dream school or something). The other one in this SDN chat turned out to be lots of spam

Reactions: 1 users
Could we start a chat for students that actually planning on attending (barring another acceptance to like a dream school or something). The other one in this SDN chat turned out to be lots of spam

Discord is really popular with the current M1-M3s. Nobody has set one up for you guys apparently.

Still praying to get off the ii-waitlist lol, would love to attend this school

Just got the A email! Super quick turnaround, I interviewed 1/25. Good luck to everyone, hoping you all hear good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked the student portal, just got my first A!!! Interviewed 1/19!

IS II today! The portal shows virtual and in-person interview formats. Wondering if AZCOM perceives in person more.

Any interview day advice? Is it MMI or one on one interviews?
I had 2 interviewers ask me questions simultaneously! Super chill and conversational. They wanted to know about my hobbies and leadership experiences that I wrote ab in my apps

Is there anyone that has been accepted and would be willing to run through mock interviews with me!

Itā€™s not that serious! Just review your app and look at the interview page on sdn
okay but it is that serious as someone who gets super anxious and goes blank minded the second I'm put on the spot especially in interview settings :(

okay but it is that serious as someone who gets super anxious and goes blank minded the second I'm put on the spot especially in interview settings :(
Sorry just meant donā€™t over stress because it is pretty straight forward, no tricks or anything and theyā€™re super nice

if it makes you feel any better, my interviewers seemed like they wanted any excuse not to ask me traditional interview questions! i would give a response to one question and they'd go, "that sounds so cool, tell me more about that!" it is super conversational! just look at the questions posted on AZCOM sdn and prepare general ideas to talk about!

Curious if anyone accepted to AZCOM received a scholarship. If so, when did administration tell you about it?

Still praying to get off the ii-waitlist lol, would love to attend this school
I have been accepted here and am going to be giving up my seat in the class, so there will be one more seat available. It is just SO expensive! Otherwise, I would go here for sure....

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my IS A! Hope it goes to one of you amazing people :)

Do they accept update letters? If so, how?

Has anyone who interviewed last week of Jan/early Feb heard back yet?

I interviewed 1/25 and I hadnā€™t heard anything and then I emailed them earlier this week and they responded with the decision saying they had emailed it on 2/3 but I didnā€™t receive it in my inbox or spam. I would follow up with them! Maybe I wasnā€™t the only one with the issue of not receiving the email decision.

I interviewed 1/25 and I hadnā€™t heard anything and then I emailed them earlier this week and they responded with the decision saying they had emailed it on 2/3 but I didnā€™t receive it in my inbox or spam. I would follow up with them! Maybe I wasnā€™t the only one with the issue of not receiving the email decision.
All good news I hope!

Perhaps check on the applicant portal?

Anyone get offered an A after being placed on the alternate post-interview?

This is a question for current students: do you guys feel like the students here are generally nice and itā€™s a fun environment to be in? Or do ppl just kind of self isolate and do their own thing?

This is a question for current students: do you guys feel like the students here are generally nice and itā€™s a fun environment to be in? Or do ppl just kind of self isolate and do their own thing?
Current student here! Everyone is very friendly in general. I love my class and I feel like we've got a good vibe, despite it still being a big class. There's definitely till people who are more on the outskirts. But even I, as someone who lives off campus with a family, feel very connected to my classmates. We have events a lot, there are tons of clubs, we've got a Gala happening soon, and there's even a running group that meet up every Wednesday morning crazy early to run together.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who interview on 02/16/2024 hear back or see anything change on their portal yet? Thanks.

M2, and yes it's a great environment. I would say I am at least acquainted with about half of the huge class and can only think of maybe like 1-2 people I don't like offhand.
Everyone is overall really collaborative and nice. While there are cliques to some degree, they're "open", if that makes sense... like you can still just sit down with people and they'll be like "Hey friend what up!"

If you choose to self isolate, you absolutely can be a loner. If you're outgoing and get involved with stuff, it's easy to make friends and have a great time.

Reactions: 2 users
M2, and yes it's a great environment. I would say I am at least acquainted with about half of the huge class and can only think of maybe like 1-2 people I don't like offhand.
Everyone is overall really collaborative and nice. While there are cliques to some degree, they're "open", if that makes sense... like you can still just sit down with people and they'll be like "Hey friend what up!"

If you choose to self isolate, you absolutely can be a loner. If you're outgoing and get involved with stuff, it's easy to make friends and have a great time.
Hey friend, what up!? :)

-Fellow M2 at AZCOM