2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to withdraw my interview invite here. Good luck everyone and I hope this helps someone out!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Super late I know, but on the secondary...how did you guys approach the question "how did we hear about AZCOM..."? Is it meant to be something deeper like "why AZCOM?" or is it simply just asking how we heard about the school?

Super late I know, but on the secondary...how did you guys approach the question "how did we hear about AZCOM..."? Is it meant to be something deeper like "why AZCOM?" or is it simply just asking how we heard about the school?
I answered how I heard but included a bit about what was told to me about it in that exchange.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So weird question, but I had just interviewed at the Illinois campus, and I logged back in to the midwestern portal and it said that I could interview at the Glendale campus. Has this happened to anyone else? I also haven't received an official ii email either.

Reactions: 1 user
So weird question, but I had just interviewed at the Illinois campus, and I logged back in to the midwestern portal and it said that I could interview at the Glendale campus. Has this happened to anyone else? I also haven't received an official ii email either.
I never got an official II from Glendale. Just the option to interview schedule on the portal… if you read comments that happened to a lot of people

Interviewed today (12/4) and got an A a couple hours later! OOS

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II this morning around 3 AM. Complete towards the end of July. ~3.70 GPA with ~510 MCAT.

I was able to access the accepted student checklist today, but I haven't received an official email of any kind. Might be worth a check!

guys I’m on the hold for interview WL. I’ve added an update letter on my job (right before the hold for interview) and I’ve just asked one of the surgeons I work with to submit an additional LOR (I have another LOR from another surgeon I work with at this same clinic, but I have started working in depth with this one so our relationship is much stronger). Think this LOR will help me possibly get an interview or just a waste of time? 😭
I'm also on interview hold, I was thinking about sending an update letter with my Fall semester post-bacc grades but I feel like it's a soft R at this point :(

I'm also on interview hold, I was thinking about sending an update letter with my Fall semester post-bacc grades but I feel like it's a soft R at this point :(
Wouldn’t hurt! But ya I wish it was an A would love to go here 😭 I’m from one of the coldest cities in the world and summer all year round sounds 10/10

Members don't see this ad :)

You never know! There’s usually a lot of movement during the Spring so there’s still time.
It’s not over ‘till it’s over!

For those who have interviewed virtually, does the whole interview day really last 5 hours? Or is it just a 30minute interview at some timepoint during those 5 hours?

No interview would ever be 5 hours lol it’s 30 mins
yeah that’s what I was confused about. In the II email it states “Plan to meet online at 7:45 am Arizona Standard Time that morning. The interview day will last until approximately 2:00 pm”

yeah that’s what I was confused about. In the II email it states “Plan to meet online at 7:45 am Arizona Standard Time that morning. The interview day will last until approximately 2:00 pm”
The day is that long but you only interview 30 mins

Just withdrew my A from here, hope one of you gets it!! GOOD LUCK!

Unless they've changed it, you are assigned a 30 min interview time somewhere in a 2 hour block. You can turn your camera off & go do something else if you want for the other 1.5 hours of that time.

Unless they've changed it, you are assigned a 30 min interview time somewhere in a 2 hour block. You can turn your camera off & go do something else if you want for the other 1.5 hours of that time.
Thank you for clarifying. But we should be expected to be on Zoom from 7:45AM till 2PM (Arizona time) right?

II international, LM 73 completed 9/11

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an ii off of the interview-waitlist yet??

• Sad
As a Canadian applicant, it is much easier for me to partake in a virtual interview. Would I be disadvantaged if I chose to interview at a later date so its virtual (ex. Jan 27 in person vs March 15 virtual)?

As a Canadian applicant, it is much easier for me to partake in a virtual interview. Would I be disadvantaged if I chose to interview at a later date so its virtual (ex. Jan 27 in person vs March 15 virtual)?
Anyone OOS makes sense to do virtual and shouldn’t affect your likeliness of acceptance. However, idk how full the class is so it’s possibly doing a later interview will make it more difficult/competitive for acceptance if fewer open spots are available.

Anyone OOS makes sense to do virtual and shouldn’t affect your likeliness of acceptance. However, idk how full the class is so it’s possibly doing a later interview will make it more difficult/competitive for acceptance if fewer open spots are available.
This is just my opinion formed from what I've seen/heard the last few years, but AZCOM seems to try to interview everyone they are possibly interested in, outright accepts only a relatively small number, and then heavily pulls from the waitlist once they've seen everyone.

Also, our deposit is extremely small ($200) so many of those "early" accepted people save their seat since it's so cheap. As a result, there are lots of late spring & summer acceptances off the WL as seats get relinquished, so I wouldn't be concerned if you are interviewing late & afraid it's only for a WL spot.

Personally, I would not spend $1k on a last-minute flight & hotel from Canada. They are absolutely not lying when they say that you are not disadvantaged for choosing virtual regardless of your location.

As a Canadian applicant, it is much easier for me to partake in a virtual interview. Would I be disadvantaged if I chose to interview at a later date so it’s virtual (ex. Jan 27 in person vs March 15 virtual)?
Honestly I think it’s a matter of preference, I personally know that I’m better at connecting with people in person versus virtual so I decided to interview in person. I think there’s a lot you miss when interviewing via zoom. You don’t get a good feel of the campus/ can’t talk to random students you meet/etc. These are just my thoughts though.. I’m a slightly older applicant none of my undergrad was during covid so I might be biased.

I somehow luckily checked my portal and saw that I had an interview waiting for me. ODD that they didn't send me an email!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed on 1/12 and saw "accepted student checklist" on my portal today (1/20). Does this mean I'm accepted or...? I don't want to get my hopes up until I get an official email or something so I'm quite confused.

I interviewed on 1/12 and saw "accepted student checklist" on my portal today (1/20). Does this mean I'm accepted or...? I don't want to get my hopes up until I get an official email or something so I'm quite confused.
If you can place a deposit then that is an acceptance!

If you can place a deposit then that is an acceptance!
Oh wow yay! I am so grateful but it feels strange not having an official email or something. Do you know if they eventually send one?

Oh wow yay! I am so grateful but it feels strange not having an official email or something. Do you know if they eventually send one?
If you read the previous posts, this happened to a lot of people. The email will come in a few days. congrats

I was waitlisted for an interview back in August. How is it looked upon if I reach out via phone/email to provide an update on my EC's since applying?

I was waitlisted for an interview back in August. How is it looked upon if I reach out via phone/email to provide an update on my EC's since applying?
You can send them an update letter via email - that's very common practice. I sent them a pre-interview update and was told it was added to my file. Would definitely do that over calling so you can ensure your information is actually updated.