2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone interviewing 3/5/24? šŸ¤˜

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an II without DO shadowing/letter?
No DO letter for me, and very minimal DO shadowing on my application, yet I got an II and acceptance in August. I think if you have a strong "why medicine" answer throughout your application, that is good enough.

No DO letter for me, and very minimal DO shadowing on my application, yet I got an II and acceptance in August. I think if you have a strong "why medicine" answer throughout your application, that is good enough.
+1 had MD letter like 6 hours DO shadow maybe

Anyone that interview mid-late Feb hear back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed early Feb heard back? Mine was 2/7 and I still havenā€™t gotten an answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed early Feb heard back? Mine was 2/7 and I still havenā€™t gotten an answer.

Not yet. They said 1-2 weeks for us and itā€™s past that. I think itā€™s because they have a $200 seat deposit so people who donā€™t want to go here are just holding spots until the very last second since itā€™s not much to lose.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 2/7 and also havenā€™t heard back, but I emailed the admissions team and they said we should have an update 2-4 weeks from today!

• Wow
Received the explore more MWU programs and apply at no cost email šŸ˜­

Did anyone else get a ā€œwhat to do next: midwestern universityā€ email?? I interviewed on 3/7 under a week ago and got it just now. My portal says Iā€™m accepted and a deposit is due but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a mistake bc it was so fast?

Did anyone else get a ā€œwhat to do next: midwestern universityā€ email?? I interviewed on 3/7 under a week ago and got it just now. My portal says Iā€™m accepted and a deposit is due but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a mistake bc it was so fast?
Sorry to break it to you. But you got in!!!!!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got my accepted email! Interviewed 2/20! I called admissions to confirm that the email is the legit bc I didnā€™t get a phone call, and she said they probably just got the list this morning and will be making calls later today!

A this morning! Interviewed 2/15. No DO shadowing but one MD shadowing (24 hours). 511/3.62. Probably gonna give up my seat since itā€™s just too expensive to attend, so hopefully it goes to one of yā€™all!

Reactions: 4 users
A this morning! Interviewed 2/15. No DO shadowing but one MD shadowing (24 hours). 511/3.62. Probably gonna give up my seat since itā€™s just too expensive to attend, so hopefully it goes to one of yā€™all!
i know itā€™s expensive but did you plan on getting any student loans? Iā€™m just curious

Just got my accepted email! Interviewed 2/20! I called admissions to confirm that the email is the legit bc I didnā€™t get a phone call, and she said they probably just got the list this morning and will be making calls later today!
To my knowledge they donā€™t call, only email.

i know itā€™s expensive but did you plan on getting any student loans? Iā€™m just curious

Yeah! But the school Iā€™m going to attend is gonna be a cheaper and Iā€™ll be close to friends and family in Utah. CoA is round 30-40k cheaper, which is a lot if you think about interest!

Does anyone know when the certiphi background check is due? I donā€™t wanna pay for it before I find out if Iā€™m going somewhere elseā€¦

I heard that they are only allowed to accept a certain number of students per month. Maybe we are on some sort of unofficial/internal post-interview wait list where they can only offer more acceptances as people withdraw their As?

it is definitely past the 4 week mark. I havent heard back anything yet. Has anyone reached out to admissions?
I interviewed 2/7, havenā€™t heard back (šŸ„²) but reached out to them on 3/11 and they said I would head back in 2-4 weeks from 3/11. I see that some folks who interviewed after me have already heard back, but thatā€™s what admissions told me!

Got an email a few weeks ago saying I'm placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know how long they extend the interview invites till?

Got an email a few weeks ago saying I'm placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know how long they extend the interview invites till?
They do not have any more interview dates scheduled at the moment, but the last couple years they have ended up interviewing after that point. My year, they interviewed through April & last year they were interviewing people over the summer even.

I'm guessing they extend and add dates as they receive accepted student deposits vs people declining.

Last year they interviewed non trads who were applying this cycle in June in order to fill their class. A lot of people donā€™t end up accepting their admission here such as myself.

People who are actually planning on attending here - where are you thinking of living?

Just withdrew my acceptance here, feeling so bittersweet because it is a great school. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you, best of luck!

• Care
it has been over 4 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard anything -- have folks had success reaching out for an update? Should I just wait?

it has been over 4 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard anything -- have folks had success reaching out for an update? Should I just wait?
I interviewed on 2/27 and they said it would take 2 weeks. It's been 1 month now and haven't heard anything. I think if we try to reach out they'll just tell us to wait...

People who are actually planning on attending here - where are you thinking of living?
There are several nearby apartments that are really popular with students. Given how many programs we have, a large percent of the people living at these apartments are students in one program or another. So they're definitely great options.

The on-campus housing is extremely affordable, the spaces are huge, and the new buildings are fairly nice considering the price. However, the space is pretty limited and it's hard to get in as a first year since housing applications have been open for a while now. Getting in second year is considerably easier. And they are currently working on building more housing (although, I assume it will be a couple years before this is ready for move in).

Personally, I live in a little neighborhood about 10 minutes away because I wanted a house, my husband works from home, and we have a one year old so we needed 3 rooms. I've never had much issue with traffic, so it hasn't been a big deal. Some people commute in from even further.