You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FutureDoc1913
Full Member
I'm interviewing 3/5/24! 🤘OOS II off the interview waitlist, complete 7/26! Only dates that were available were in March though 😬
Did anyone receive an II without DO shadowing/letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDoc1913
Full Member
I sent a letter from a DO internal medicine resident that was on the team I shadowed did a week...sorry! I bet people have though.Did anyone receive an II without DO shadowing/letter?
pleaseacceptmelol
Full Member
No DO letter for me, and very minimal DO shadowing on my application, yet I got an II and acceptance in August. I think if you have a strong "why medicine" answer throughout your application, that is good enough.Did anyone receive an II without DO shadowing/letter?
+1 had MD letter like 6 hours DO shadow maybeNo DO letter for me, and very minimal DO shadowing on my application, yet I got an II and acceptance in August. I think if you have a strong "why medicine" answer throughout your application, that is good enough.
Tuesdayz
Full Member
I got an A with no DO letter, just be ready to explain “Why DO?”Did anyone receive an II without DO shadowing/letter?
futuredoc1526
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed early Feb heard back? Mine was 2/7 and I still haven’t gotten an answer.
Noah'sArks
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed early Feb heard back? Mine was 2/7 and I still haven’t gotten an answer.
Not yet. They said 1-2 weeks for us and it’s past that. I think it’s because they have a $200 seat deposit so people who don’t want to go here are just holding spots until the very last second since it’s not much to lose.
The end of march is currently the last scheduled interviews.Does anyone know when their interview season ends?
J0shu4Tr33z
New Member
Still no response for anyone who interviewed in Feb? I have nothing yet...Has anyone who interviewed early Feb heard back? Mine was 2/7 and I still haven’t gotten an answer.
starstarstarxingxing
Full Member
I also haven’t received any updates yet! Interviewed mid FebStill no response for anyone who interviewed in Feb? I have nothing yet...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
minormauve
New Member
I interviewed 2/7 and also haven’t heard back, but I emailed the admissions team and they said we should have an update 2-4 weeks from today!
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Received the explore more MWU programs and apply at no cost email 😭
cl0ckw0rk
Full Member
wondering if this is a soft r?Received the explore more MWU programs and apply at no cost email 😭
Did anyone else get a “what to do next: midwestern university” email?? I interviewed on 3/7 under a week ago and got it just now. My portal says I’m accepted and a deposit is due but I’m not sure if it’s a mistake bc it was so fast?
aviaquadog
Full Member
Sorry to break it to you. But you got in!!!!!!!!Did anyone else get a “what to do next: midwestern university” email?? I interviewed on 3/7 under a week ago and got it just now. My portal says I’m accepted and a deposit is due but I’m not sure if it’s a mistake bc it was so fast?
zeusapollo1223
New Member
Just got my accepted email! Interviewed 2/20! I called admissions to confirm that the email is the legit bc I didn’t get a phone call, and she said they probably just got the list this morning and will be making calls later today!
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
I was rejected early on… or put on hold… but the cycle has been good to me so I did send another withdraw email last yearwondering if this is a soft r?
notmyrealname2023
New Member
also recieved acceptance email this morning! interviewed 2/22
futuredoc1526
Full Member
Do they send out rejections and waitlist emails? Or are they just sending acceptances
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
A this morning! Interviewed 2/15. No DO shadowing but one MD shadowing (24 hours). 511/3.62. Probably gonna give up my seat since it’s just too expensive to attend, so hopefully it goes to one of y’all!
zeusapollo1223
New Member
i know it’s expensive but did you plan on getting any student loans? I’m just curiousA this morning! Interviewed 2/15. No DO shadowing but one MD shadowing (24 hours). 511/3.62. Probably gonna give up my seat since it’s just too expensive to attend, so hopefully it goes to one of y’all!
Anyone get an II at CCOM and not here?
zeusapollo1223
New Member
Last year I got an interview with ccom and not azcom and I got rejected, this year haven’t heard anything from ccom but got accepted to azcomAnyone get an II at CCOM and not here?
To my knowledge they don’t call, only email.Just got my accepted email! Interviewed 2/20! I called admissions to confirm that the email is the legit bc I didn’t get a phone call, and she said they probably just got the list this morning and will be making calls later today!
zeusapollo1223
New Member
In our interview they told the group that they usually call before the email is sent out, maybe she misspokeTo my knowledge they don’t call, only email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
i know it’s expensive but did you plan on getting any student loans? I’m just curious
Yeah! But the school I’m going to attend is gonna be a cheaper and I’ll be close to friends and family in Utah. CoA is round 30-40k cheaper, which is a lot if you think about interest!
starstarstarxingxing
Full Member
Did anyone that interviewed in February hear back that they were rejected/waitlisted yet?
Does anyone know when the certiphi background check is due? I don’t wanna pay for it before I find out if I’m going somewhere else…
I never got a call. I was accepted in less than 24 hours and got an email 2 days later.In our interview they told the group that they usually call before the email is sent out, maybe she misspoke
Dudeijustwanttobeadoctor
Full Member
it is definitely past the 4 week mark. I havent heard back anything yet. Has anyone reached out to admissions?Did anyone that interviewed in February hear back that they were rejected/waitlisted yet?
minormauve
New Member
I interviewed 2/7, haven’t heard back (🥲) but reached out to them on 3/11 and they said I would head back in 2-4 weeks from 3/11. I see that some folks who interviewed after me have already heard back, but that’s what admissions told me!it is definitely past the 4 week mark. I havent heard back anything yet. Has anyone reached out to admissions?
supernovas8
Full Member
Got an email a few weeks ago saying I'm placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know how long they extend the interview invites till?
They do not have any more interview dates scheduled at the moment, but the last couple years they have ended up interviewing after that point. My year, they interviewed through April & last year they were interviewing people over the summer even.Got an email a few weeks ago saying I'm placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know how long they extend the interview invites till?
I'm guessing they extend and add dates as they receive accepted student deposits vs people declining.
aviaquadog
Full Member
Last year they interviewed non trads who were applying this cycle in June in order to fill their class. A lot of people don’t end up accepting their admission here such as myself.
DOQueeninAZ
New Member
People who are actually planning on attending here - where are you thinking of living?
Just withdrew my acceptance here, feeling so bittersweet because it is a great school. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you, best of luck!
mymapleleaf
Full Member
i applied for the on campus but was waitlsited :C. looking at the sage apartments nearbyPeople who are actually planning on attending here - where are you thinking of living?
Luckystar96
Full Member
i applied for the on campus but was waitlsited :C. looking at the sage apartments nearby
Did they email you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mymapleleaf
Full Member
they sent an email to my azcom outlook account telling me I was waitlisted for housing.Did they email you?
There are several nearby apartments that are really popular with students. Given how many programs we have, a large percent of the people living at these apartments are students in one program or another. So they're definitely great options.People who are actually planning on attending here - where are you thinking of living?
The on-campus housing is extremely affordable, the spaces are huge, and the new buildings are fairly nice considering the price. However, the space is pretty limited and it's hard to get in as a first year since housing applications have been open for a while now. Getting in second year is considerably easier. And they are currently working on building more housing (although, I assume it will be a couple years before this is ready for move in).
Personally, I live in a little neighborhood about 10 minutes away because I wanted a house, my husband works from home, and we have a one year old so we needed 3 rooms. I've never had much issue with traffic, so it hasn't been a big deal. Some people commute in from even further.
Has anyone been accepted off the alternate list yet?
Have you guys had any sort of social media group put together yet?
The prior classes all have Discords and use them quite a bit. If there isn't anything already set up, I can probably make you guys a similar one over the weekend or early next week at some point.
The prior classes all have Discords and use them quite a bit. If there isn't anything already set up, I can probably make you guys a similar one over the weekend or early next week at some point.
Dudeijustwanttobeadoctor
Full Member
They are meeting up on the next 1-2 weeks and will come out with decisions thenit has been over 4 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard anything -- have folks had success reaching out for an update? Should I just wait?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 223
- Views
- 56K
- Replies
- 304
- Views
- 82K
- Replies
- 551
- Views
- 114K
- Replies
- 371
- Views
- 97K
- Replies
- 237
- Views
- 66K