You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread
Started by Zenge142
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@JaggedJimmyJay Last game my partner was an affiliation seer. Almost gave myself an ulcer panicking about multiball.
It wasn't multiball.
It wasn't multiball.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
NotedIf you want to see an uncivil JJJ, surprise multiball is a great recipe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, my village brain was mesmerized. Some part of me loved every second of it.I can tell from the reacts that this is an opinion I hold alone 🤣
OH I thought this said "surprise meatball is a great recipe" on first read and was very confused at why that would make you uncivilIf you want to see an uncivil JJJ, surprise multiball is a great recipe
Don’t get any ideas, Steeler person!Noted
Well I AM a vegetarian, so that tooOH I thought this said "surprise meatball is a great recipe" on first read and was very confused at why that would make you uncivil
"I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SALAD! WHY IS THERE A MEATBALL!!!!"OH I thought this said "surprise meatball is a great recipe" on first read and was very confused at why that would make you uncivil
I think you would have liked it a lot more if you were villageNah, my village brain was mesmerized. Some part of me loved every second of it.
I also thrive on gut reads and that was a great way for me to organize and present my gut reads in a way that wouldn't make everyone come after me. The fact that a lot of people were participating and that it was "gun to head one or the other" I think took a lot of the hate fuel out of reads disagreements and I loved it
Oh my god. My salad thing is so much funnier with JJJ's vegetarian reveal
It's kind of like how if MJ jailed you last game, the kill still would have gone through (despite you being the last wolf).Tbh if Santy hadn't been a ninja that would've helped a whole lot, I think. Having the setup where JJJ could watch the NK correctly and not get any info is... not great, imo.
And even if he'd seen AM kill samac, then we still wouldn't have been able to yeet her because alpha.
One piece of advice to consider (feel free to ignore and discard):
Limited shot roles. Balancing a game is MUCH easier in my experience when players can’t do things every single night. For example in this game: make both Santy and I choose when our watch and ninjas happen. We only get one.
Limited shot roles. Balancing a game is MUCH easier in my experience when players can’t do things every single night. For example in this game: make both Santy and I choose when our watch and ninjas happen. We only get one.
What does this mean?It's kind of like how if MJ jailed you last game, the kill still would have go through (despite you being the last wolf).
Eh its fine with some minor modification, like making it "at least 24 hours in" or "if there's a majority on a player" or something like that, and its mostly fineNoted for sure!
It was not a role that has been used here in...a long time (I'm guessing most of the current players actually have never seen it here). Felt like experimenting. Forgot how to countBut definitely I can understand the perspective that it's not a fun thing to play with even in a scenario where it's not broken from a balance perspective.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I was just having this thoughtOne piece of advice to consider (feel free to ignore and discard):
Limited shot roles. Balancing a game is MUCH easier in my experience when players can’t do things every single night. For example in this game: make both Santy and I choose when our watch and ninjas happen. We only get one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah those are good ideas! As it was, it was basically another free shot for the wolves under a different name. But those modifiers would have made it better. Noted.Eh its fine with some minor modification, like making it "at least 24 hours in" or "if there's a majority on a player" or something like that, and its mostly fine
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Honestly I love the feedback so please whatever thoughts you have, continue to share them.
I still have many games yet to design and hearing how things shake out from the player perspective is always helpful 🙂
I still have many games yet to design and hearing how things shake out from the player perspective is always helpful 🙂
I'm waiting for the day when the entire wolfpack are vegetarians so the kills will have an extra layer of irony.Well I AM a vegetarian, so that too
don't rand me in it though plz and thx
You were a strongarm.What does this mean?
A 1x strongarm. I got to choose when I applied it.You were a strongarm.
Impossible Human is so convincing!!!I'm waiting for the day when the entire wolfpack are vegetarians so the kills will have an extra layer of irony.
don't rand me in it though plz and thx
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Anybody feel like playing a basics game? A...palate cleanser as it were.
My modding energy is not yet zapped and I have been sitting on a basics setup for months. Flavor should be fun, not mountainous but light on mechanics.
My modding energy is not yet zapped and I have been sitting on a basics setup for months. Flavor should be fun, not mountainous but light on mechanics.
YeeAnybody feel like playing a basics game? A...palate cleanser as it were.
My modding energy is not yet zapped and I have been sitting on a basics setup for months. Flavor should be fun, not mountainous but light on mechanics.
I’ll get the new tag list readyAnybody feel like playing a basics game? A...palate cleanser as it were.
My modding energy is not yet zapped and I have been sitting on a basics setup for months. Flavor should be fun, not mountainous but light on mechanics.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Why is @SportPonies sad
Basics sadWhy is @SportPonies sad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
But think of Breadsticks!!Basics sad
I still have never been a vigilante. Sad.
But you have been vigilante'd . Your welcome
Sheer luck!!!!But think of Breadsticks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only time I've been a vig was when I had a single shot that would shoot me instead if I aimed at a villager. I aimed at AM. I did not surviveI still have never been a vigilante. Sad.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
And you were village reading her at the time, if I remember correctly. 😂The only time I've been a vig was when I had a single shot that would shoot me instead if I aimed at a villager. I aimed at AM. I did not survive
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Water ewe sage inn?!!Sheer luck!!!!
Sporty vig shots are luck basedWater ewe sage inn?!!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sporty pls. Best use of role pls.Sporty vig shots are luck based
oh if only y'all had actually done this lolYou guys should probably flash wagon am imo
Wouldn't have made much difference lol, and Jay would've just claimed his watch and we stay on nate anywaysoh if only y'all had actually done this lol
Wild. That possibility is the only reason I claimed. I figured in the off chance I was seen, it could hopefully at least prevent the watcher from claiming.It’s funny that if you trace events, the game was lost as soon as I watched the Night 1 kill. Nate was always dying Day 2 even if he didn’t admit to his visit. I would have “outed” him myself.
Mafia is a weird game sometimes. But we play it anyway!
As it turns out you made the right choice. I was able to withhold, even if I ended up extremely confused because you seemed very town. 🥴Wild. That possibility is the only reason I claimed. I figured in the off chance I was seen, it could hopefully at least prevent the watcher from claiming.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think we had that as a role in LaWWpy, now that I think about it. It was Mel. But he got yeeted before ever using it.Noted for sure!
It was not a role that has been used here in...a long time (I'm guessing most of the current players actually have never seen it here). Felt like experimenting. Forgot how to countBut definitely I can understand the perspective that it's not a fun thing to play with even in a scenario where it's not broken from a balance perspective.
Typical MelI think we had that as a role in LaWWpy, now that I think about it. It was Mel. But he got yeeted before ever using it.
I started to tinfoil you a lot d2 but I kept it to myself. Seemed like you were keeping me busy but weren't really engaging with my answers, turns out you had a good reason 😀As it turns out you made the right choice. I was able to withhold, even if I ended up extremely confused because you seemed very town. 🥴
I was stuck between I think her and genny (?), they were thunderdoming and I was waffling on the v/w arrangement lol. I think I was more inclined to believe genny was the wolf but trying to shoot AM sounded more fun. And there was some element of strategy but tbh more for funsies lolAnd you were village reading her at the time, if I remember correctly. 😂
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It was Black Goo Pippy.I was stuck between I think her and genny (?), they were thunderdoming and I was waffling on the v/w arrangement lol. I think I was more inclined to believe genny was the wolf but trying to shoot AM sounded more fun. And there was some element of strategy but tbh more for funsies lol
NOT THE GOOOOOOOOOIt was Black Goo Pippy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup memory gone, confirmedIt was Black Goo Pippy.
I think at this point I just give in to my senses and when I decide I’m not gonna play for a while stick to it longer and then people might left me live to N2 out of pity.I think the point is @samac you need to be wolfier
I’ve been around longer than you. Same.I still have never been a vigilante. Sad.
But my ability would have killed me and they still would have died at the end of the cycle I brought them back, so it would have lowered the misyeet margin more.Or if they’d tried to NK April and Santy had died with the bomb. Or if Samac hadn’t died N1 and been able to use her ability to keep someone alive/bring them back from the dead.
Lot of “what if’s”
Ope this is true.But my ability would have killed me and they still would have died at the end of the cycle I brought them back, so it would have lowered the misyeet margin more.
What in that case is the utility for village? Not being snarky, genuinely curious.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K
But definitely I can understand the perspective that it's not a fun thing to play with even in a scenario where it's not broken from a balance perspective.