-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread
Started by Zenge142
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Not that it matters.Wait a minute, I never got to use my action
This only brings me more despairWait a minute, I never got to use my action
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We're in a time machine.
Hopefully I'm killed at last
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I don't really think it's going to affect anything, so just to reduce confusion a bit, I am the vote timing restrictor. I choose one person each night, and they only have 24 hours instead of 36 hours to place a vote.
Picked Clem the first night because I suspected him.
Picked PSV the second night because I was flailing a bit and I think she votes better when she doesn't have the opportunity to waffle. Wasn't sure how to get positive EV out of the ability and it seemed like the best shot.
Picked Clem the first night because I suspected him.
Picked PSV the second night because I was flailing a bit and I think she votes better when she doesn't have the opportunity to waffle. Wasn't sure how to get positive EV out of the ability and it seemed like the best shot.
ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE GIGAWATTS???
GREAT SCOTT
GREAT SCOTT
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Yes, I suspect this game is not going down in my victory columnThis only brings me more despair
Empire
Full Member
well that clears that up at leastI don't really think it's going to affect anything, so just to reduce confusion a bit, I am the vote timing restrictor. I choose one person each night, and they only have 24 hours instead of 36 hours to place a vote.
Picked Clem the first night because I suspected him.
Picked PSV the second night because I was flailing a bit and I think she votes better when she doesn't have the opportunity to waffle. Wasn't sure how to get positive EV out of the ability and it seemed like the best shot.
I will personally be marking this as a victory for the universe. Chaos can reign above the subatomic level it seems, and perhaps we aren't all doomed to a deterministic dreary reality where everything is destiny and free will doesn't exist. Nothing makes any sense!Yes, I suspect this game is not going down in my victory column
WOLVES, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE LIKE A TREE
AND GET OUT OF HERE
AND GET OUT OF HERE
Maybe this is what happens to all of my vanishing tinder matchesOkay, I have been informed that the PM with PSV was not posthumous, she opened it just before she got shot. Which is why she can't talk to me in it properly now, she can only make ghost noises
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*****I appreciate the ghost noises, though. It is October now
You're welcome 😉
*****
*****Maybe this is what happens to all of my vanishing tinder matches
The angry bear pfp makes this so much funnier
*****
Summary of last day
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Having a hard time disagreeing with this![]()
Summary of last day
Empire
Full Member
i'm just chillingHope you're all doing well, floating in this timeless purgatory void
Is that even a fruit??? LIARSThanks for the thyme, Santy. I will cook something nice with it.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Night 3
Ask not for whom the bell tolls...
There is something comforting about consistency. Day in, day out, the great bell of the striking clock in the heart of London was a reliable marker of the passage of time. For over a century and a half it had rung every hour. You could almost take it for granted. But when morning came, and that familiar sound was not heard, it felt like an omen. It felt like the end.
Four players remained. It was now quite easy to pick out the two villagers. They were dazed, confused, rocked by the feeling that time had accelerated faster than their molecules, let alone their minds, could keep up with. Meanwhile, the wolves looked at them, amused expressions creeping across their faces. One, who had appeared at first glance to be a neurosurgeon with magical powers, upon closure inspection was actually wearing a pirate hat, and had a hook for a hand. He had a nervous tick, that seemed to intensify anytime a clock was nearby. Odd.
The other, ostensibly a writer with a lot of neat ideas about time travel, was revealed to be a clock herself. It's actually quite surprising these two managed to work together. But work together they had, and to deadly effect.
And so Captain Hook and Miss Minutes took the Rolex in hand, and used it to smash The Great Pumpkin into pieces, before throwing the watch in front of an oncoming bus. Time had officially run out.
*credit to Santy
9. @Animal Midwife - Captain Hook (cover role Doctor Strange) - alpha wolf with a 1x vig shot
11. @Santygrass - Miss Minutes (cover role HG Wells) - ninja fruit vendor wolf with a 1x early day close
Dead:
2. @genny - Ke$ha - vanillager
3. @samac - Henry Hamilton - village time donator
8. @NateTheLesser - TARDIS - village tourist
7. @Aprilthearab - Time Bomb - village n2 auto death
10. @Clem J - Flux Capacitor - village redirector
5. @SportPonies - Aethon - vanilla villager
1. @potentialsheltervet - What Time Is It Right Now Dot Com - village 1x PMer
4. @Truenamer - The Great Pumpkin - village vote locker
12. @Empire - Big Ben - innocent child
6. @JaggedJimmyJay - Rolex - village watcher
Subs:
1. @Lawpy
Tots:
utc. @supershorty
2. @alleycat03
3. @bluestoat
4. @WorthlessOxygen
Ask not for whom the bell tolls...
There is something comforting about consistency. Day in, day out, the great bell of the striking clock in the heart of London was a reliable marker of the passage of time. For over a century and a half it had rung every hour. You could almost take it for granted. But when morning came, and that familiar sound was not heard, it felt like an omen. It felt like the end.
@Empire, who was Big Ben, an innocent child
Four players remained. It was now quite easy to pick out the two villagers. They were dazed, confused, rocked by the feeling that time had accelerated faster than their molecules, let alone their minds, could keep up with. Meanwhile, the wolves looked at them, amused expressions creeping across their faces. One, who had appeared at first glance to be a neurosurgeon with magical powers, upon closure inspection was actually wearing a pirate hat, and had a hook for a hand. He had a nervous tick, that seemed to intensify anytime a clock was nearby. Odd.
The other, ostensibly a writer with a lot of neat ideas about time travel, was revealed to be a clock herself. It's actually quite surprising these two managed to work together. But work together they had, and to deadly effect.
And so Captain Hook and Miss Minutes took the Rolex in hand, and used it to smash The Great Pumpkin into pieces, before throwing the watch in front of an oncoming bus. Time had officially run out.
@Truenamer, who was The Great Pumpkin (it's that time of year after all), a villager who each night could target someone, locking their vote 24 hours into the next day cycle
and
@JaggedJimmyJay, who was Rolex, a village watcher
and
@JaggedJimmyJay, who was Rolex, a village watcher
Wolves win!
Congratulations @Santygrass and @Animal Midwife!
*credit to Santy
9. @Animal Midwife - Captain Hook (cover role Doctor Strange) - alpha wolf with a 1x vig shot
11. @Santygrass - Miss Minutes (cover role HG Wells) - ninja fruit vendor wolf with a 1x early day close
Dead:
2. @genny - Ke$ha - vanillager
3. @samac - Henry Hamilton - village time donator
8. @NateTheLesser - TARDIS - village tourist
7. @Aprilthearab - Time Bomb - village n2 auto death
10. @Clem J - Flux Capacitor - village redirector
5. @SportPonies - Aethon - vanilla villager
1. @potentialsheltervet - What Time Is It Right Now Dot Com - village 1x PMer
4. @Truenamer - The Great Pumpkin - village vote locker
12. @Empire - Big Ben - innocent child
6. @JaggedJimmyJay - Rolex - village watcher
Subs:
1. @Lawpy
Tots:
utc. @supershorty
2. @alleycat03
3. @bluestoat
4. @WorthlessOxygen
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Before you pull out your pitchforks
I'd like to take a moment to apologize for the wolf-sided balance of the game. 12 players is basically the worst to try to balance, and in our attempt to bring the required misyeets for the 2-wolf pack down from 4 to 3, we uh...accidentally made it 2. I promise that was not intentional in any way, just a miscalculation. Since Zenge and I did the primary designing and I'm the more experienced of us two, I take full responsibility for the brokenness. Please bake all critiques into pumpkin pies and feel free to throw them at my face.
That being said, wolves still played a really great game, evidenced by the general village confusion the last two days. So, gg. And, from a game culture perspective, this has to have been one of the most fun and toxicity-free games I have witnessed in a while. I hope our new friends will stick around, I'd like to get to play with you guys! And I so hope you all had fun despite the game design wonkiness.
In conclusion, sorry village, game designing when you're also in a state of perpetual panic about your comprehensive exam is a bad idea. Numbers is villains. I hard claim Skill Issue.
I'd like to take a moment to apologize for the wolf-sided balance of the game. 12 players is basically the worst to try to balance, and in our attempt to bring the required misyeets for the 2-wolf pack down from 4 to 3, we uh...accidentally made it 2. I promise that was not intentional in any way, just a miscalculation. Since Zenge and I did the primary designing and I'm the more experienced of us two, I take full responsibility for the brokenness. Please bake all critiques into pumpkin pies and feel free to throw them at my face.
That being said, wolves still played a really great game, evidenced by the general village confusion the last two days. So, gg. And, from a game culture perspective, this has to have been one of the most fun and toxicity-free games I have witnessed in a while. I hope our new friends will stick around, I'd like to get to play with you guys! And I so hope you all had fun despite the game design wonkiness.
In conclusion, sorry village, game designing when you're also in a state of perpetual panic about your comprehensive exam is a bad idea. Numbers is villains. I hard claim Skill Issue.
Worry not, moderators. I’m not about to complain when my reads were clearly poopoo.
Good game mafia. We tried town.
If
Only
We
Had
More
TIME
Good game mafia. We tried town.
If
Only
We
Had
More
TIME
Perhaps in a different universe we take care of AM, I claim watcher (I had lots of receipts), Empire is innocent childed, and we have the mechanics in place to take care of Santy.
Or if they’d tried to NK April and Santy had died with the bomb. Or if Samac hadn’t died N1 and been able to use her ability to keep someone alive/bring them back from the dead.Perhaps in a different universe we take care of AM, I claim watcher (I had lots of receipts), Empire is innocent childed, and we have the mechanics in place to take care of Santy.
Lot of “what if’s”
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Empire
Full Member
yeah that's really annoying
not really a winnable game fmpov when you lose after 2 mistakes
wolves played fairly well of course but searching for a relatively small number in a large group with such a ridiculously thin margin for error is incredibly hard and it's frustrating to have the game slam the door shut on you well before you could even reasonably assume it was possible for that to happen
i think in a hypothetical world where we get AM and santy is alive in 3p it gets interesting
but oh well, c'est la vie, live and learn, move on
not really a winnable game fmpov when you lose after 2 mistakes
wolves played fairly well of course but searching for a relatively small number in a large group with such a ridiculously thin margin for error is incredibly hard and it's frustrating to have the game slam the door shut on you well before you could even reasonably assume it was possible for that to happen
i think in a hypothetical world where we get AM and santy is alive in 3p it gets interesting
but oh well, c'est la vie, live and learn, move on
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
This this this this this thisAnd, from a game culture perspective, this has to have been one of the most fun and toxicity-free games I have witnessed in a while. I hope our new friends will stick around
ggwp, everyone!!
And way to go wolfies, Mother & Momma dream team 4 lyfe 😍

If it’s not known yet, I watched samac on Night 1. I saw Nate AND ONLY Nate visit her.
That’s why Day 2 had me so baffled.
That’s why Day 2 had me so baffled.
Empire
Full Member
lol i thought i was prettyblatant about it, maybe too blatant but that was why i had that confidence i wasn't dyingHey @Empire, just wanted to say that you softed being an Innocent Child perfectly. I'm not sure if the wolves caught it but I was 95% sure that's what you were saying, and it helped me look for wolves in other places.
Empire
Full Member
oh that's just brutalIf it’s not know yet, I watched samac on Night 1. I saw Nate AND ONLY Nate visit her.
That’s why Day 2 had me so baffled.
Color me surprised and not surprised.
I don't know if we ever stood a chance of winning with AM as an alpha, yikes.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Santy did all the factional killsWho carried the n2 kill?
How did the wolves not show up on JJJ's watch?
Lol "watch"-er
Empire
Full Member
yeah you just kind of brush it off and it's whateverBroken game still pretty fun, broken games in a more laidback/casual setting aren't really something to get too upset about imo
agree with what people said this was the nicest game i've gotten crushed in
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ninja modifierHow did the wolves not show up on JJJ's watch?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Santy was a ninjaHow did the wolves not show up on JJJ's watch?
Oh.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jeez, speaking of ninja 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K