This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lexington251

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an Kansas resident, but I have family and have lived in Texas for a significant part of my childhood. I wanted to apply via TDMSAS, but have been struggling to finish my Optional Essay and Personal Characteristic Essay. Would it still be too late to apply to Texas schools?

For reference, my Texas GPA is 3.92 cGPA/3.87 sGPA, 516 MCAT
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for reference, I applied late July last year (July 19th to be exact) and I did well.
 
I applied mid-July OOS with very strong ties two cycles ago and with similar numbers and had success.
 
Thanks for your input! I guess I'm worried because I've applied to many schools via AMCAS and just haven't made much progress pre-writing my secondaries.
 
It it worth applying with NO OOS ties?
if you have high stats, maybe. Keep in mind around 90% of their spots need to go to texas residents. But, their app is way cheaper so if you have the time and a little more $ to put towards apps, go for it