Touro-CA MSMHS-COM 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any extracurricular counts really whether before or during, but I think more emphasis is put on the extracurriculars during your time in the Master's (you can tell them about work-extracurricular balance bla bla), ESPECIALLY ones you do affiliated with Touro because it shows your engagement at the school. so like if you were an ER scribe before the Master's, that's awesome! Just make sure to build upon that with some activities in the Master's. Remember, it is not quantity but quality. Basically, can you speak genuinely and honestly about your activities and discuss what they mean to you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any extracurricular counts really whether before or during, but I think more emphasis is put on the extracurriculars during your time in the Master's (you can tell them about work-extracurricular balance bla bla), ESPECIALLY ones you do affiliated with Touro because it shows your engagement at the school. so like if you were an ER scribe before the Master's, that's awesome! Just make sure to build upon that with some activities in the Master's. Remember, it is not quantity but quality. Basically, can you speak genuinely and honestly about your activities and discuss what they mean to you.

Gotcha sounds good! Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up! I believe I’m the kind of student that matches up with the programs goals! My GPA is competitive for some schools and extracurriculars are definitely the strongest part of my application. I’m specifically applying for this program because this is my first choice medical school. My fiancé is relocating for work in San Francisco so living together would be a blessing! I also love Touro’s active and early student body involvement in different community service projects! I hope to hear a response within the next two weeks (fingers crossed).
I’ve been jumping up each time my phone buzzes to check if it’s from the school lol. A lot of things in my life would change if I were to be accepted. I’d have less than two months to set up everything before classes start. I’m from out of state so I would have to find someone to sublease my apartment and sell my car/other items for some extra cash. Basically the sooner the news, the more leverage and options I’ll have ;)

I'm actually in a really similar situation as you! My fiancé and I are moving up there for work and it would be awesome to go to that school because it's also my top choice for medical school! My science and cumulative GPA is a 3.0 which isn't that competitive but my extracurriculars are definitely the stronger part of my application. I just got an email from Touro stating that they extended the deadline to July 1st. Any ideas why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an acceptance this morning! wishing you all the best :)

Reactions: 1 users
Basically, in order to get the guaranteed interview, your Touro grades are assessed near the end of the 2nd semester, and if you make the cutoff of 3.25+ GPA and 490+ MCAT, then you will get the interview. Granted, even with the interview this DOES NOT guarantee acceptance into the med school, this is important to keep in mind. But it's definitely a positive trend.

Ok here are some scenarios:
1) Let's say you did the master's program this year, and you wanted to go straight into COM next August. You would apply normally, submit your Primary in the fall, secondary in the spring, get the guaranteed interview in May, get accepted, have the summer off, and enter in August.

2) You do the Master's program this year, but you want to wait a year because you want to take the MCAT, you want to work or have to deal with other stuff. If you meet the GPA cutoff, you can still get the guaranteed interview and essentially defer that interview to the year after without any penalty. Many of students do this who have not taken or have to retake the MCAT.

****If you get the guaranteed interview and DO NOT get in, then that is your one chance, you can not get another guaranteed interview, and you would now be considered part of the normal COM pool of applicants. This is not to scare anyone but just to keep in mind as you evaluate if you are ready to send out your application.

Hi everyone, if anyone can help that would be great! So I just wanted to clarify the exact timeline of events. In my case, I just recently got accepted into this 2020 MSMHS spring class. My dilemma is that I have not taken the MCAT yet and plan on doing so after I finish the program.
Please correct and help me with the timeline of my path, I am confused as to when I would apply to Touro DO school since I would technically need to push my "guaranteed interview" with the COM til the next cycle (due to no MCAT score yet)

August 2019-May 2020: MSMHS program

May 2020-Sept 2020: Study for MCAT

1) When would I submit my application/primaries/secondaries for regular MD/DO schools
2) When would I submit my application/primaries/secondaries for Touro's DO school to get the May guaranteed interview?

Would this mean I would do the guaranteed interview May 2021 and if accepted, I would be starting Touro DO classes August 2021 (few months after my interview?)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, if anyone can help that would be great! So I just wanted to clarify the exact timeline of events. In my case, I just recently got accepted into this 2020 MSMHS spring class. My dilemma is that I have not taken the MCAT yet and plan on doing so after I finish the program.
Please correct and help me with the timeline of my path, I am confused as to when I would apply to Touro DO school since I would technically need to push my "guaranteed interview" with the COM til the next cycle (due to no MCAT score yet)

August 2019-May 2020: MSMHS program

May 2020-Sept 2020: Study for MCAT

1) When would I submit my application/primaries/secondaries for regular MD/DO schools
2) When would I submit my application/primaries/secondaries for Touro's DO school to get the May guaranteed interview?

Would this mean I would do the guaranteed interview May 2021 and if accepted, I would be starting Touro DO classes August 2021 (few months after my interview?)

You would need to apply to all schools when the application opens in 2020. Take your MCAT soon after you finish the MSMHS so the application won’t be on hold for a long time. The earlier you submit the MCAT score, the earlier Touro will a schedule you for your guaranteed interview. I did the same thing as you, took the MCAT in August, score came out a few months later, then received interviews after that. (Touro one in December)

You would need to apply to all schools when the application opens in 2020. Take your MCAT soon after you finish the MSMHS so the application won’t be on hold for a long time. The earlier you submit the MCAT score, the earlier Touro will a schedule you for your guaranteed interview. I did the same thing as you, took the MCAT in August, score came out a few months later, then received interviews after that. (Touro one in December)

Thank you so much for your reply! So just to clarify:

1) Since your interview was in December, was this spot saved/guaranteed for you? Even though you are not applying till next cycle you still get the same conditions to an interview, taking into account sufficient MCAT/GPA correct?

2) Also, If you took the MCAT August, what duration or time period did you take to study for the MCAT? Don't classes end sometime in May? I am worried that May to August will not be enough time for me to fully study and get a good score. If I don't take the MCAT til, lets say September or October, I should still be eligible for the guaranteed interview with Touro if I fulfilled the necessary GPA/MCAT correct? (Even though my MCAT would be posted a little later).

Again, thank you for your help, I know the wording in my question is a little convoluted but just trying to clarify everything!

Last edited:
I did the MSMHS program for 2017-2018 year. I think if you get a gpa of 3.25 or better and mcat of 494 or above you get a guaranteed interview. You have an option to interview for the current admission cycle or you can take a gap year and do the interview the next year. I am doing the gap year and have my interview this monday. hope this helps

So after the MSMHS program ended around May/June you then studied for the MCAT correct?

1) When did you take MCAT and what months did you utilize to study for it?

2) Just to clarify, you applied to Touro when DO school apps opened in May 2018 (with no MCAT), did primaries in Fall, secondaries in Spring correct, and got your interview in April 2019?

3) Did you end up applying to any other schools besides Touro? (From my understanding DO schools apps open in May and MD school apps open in June, depending on when you took your MCAT, doesn't this mean that you are severely delayed in your application?) Does it matter when you need to have the MCAT done by?

Thank you so much for your reply! So just to clarify:

1) Since your interview was in December, was this spot saved/guaranteed for you? Even though you are not applying till next cycle you still get the same conditions to an interview, taking into account sufficient MCAT/GPA correct?

2) Also, If you took the MCAT August, what duration or time period did you take to study for the MCAT? Don't classes end sometime in May? I am worried that May to August will not be enough time for me to fully study and get a good score. If I don't take the MCAT til, lets say September or October, I should still be eligible for the guaranteed interview with Touro if I fulfilled the necessary GPA/MCAT correct? (Even though my MCAT would be posted a little later).

Again, thank you for your help, I know the wording in my question is a little convoluted but just trying to clarify everything!

Yes the interview spot will be saved for you, they will schedule it when all applications are complete. I studied for the MCAT for 3 months and it was enough for me. They will take into account your new MCAT score now that you have completed the MSMHS and are considered a “better” student. Taking the MCAT later won’t effect getting your interview with Touro, but it will leave less spots open because you will interview later. I don’t believe they save a spot for you as a gap year student, I think it’s only for that years Masters students. Also delaying your MCAT will make it harder to be accepted at other schools, which you should definitely apply to just in case. Do well in the MSMHS (at least above a 3.5), get some letters from professors there, learn about OMM treatment and philosophy and do decent on the MCAT; this should get you admitted no problem. Let me know if you have any other questions

I'm actually in a really similar situation as you! My fiancé and I are moving up there for work and it would be awesome to go to that school because it's also my top choice for medical school! My science and cumulative GPA is a 3.0 which isn't that competitive but my extracurriculars are definitely the stronger part of my application. I just got an email from Touro stating that they extended the deadline to July 1st. Any ideas why?

I am guessing that they want to accept the best quality candidates for the program, and just trying to look at all their options. It doesn't mean anything bad I would say. They maybe just want to see more applications, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are ignoring the current applications if that makes sense.

I applied like the night before the deadline was due (literally submitted at 11:58 PM, but also not recommended), and I was still fine. They sometimes push the deadline randomly.

Does anybody know how many students from this year's graduating MSMHS class were accepted into the COM? I heard previous years had around 25-30 enter into the COM but not sure what the number is this year.

I have to give up my seat here. Hopefully one of you gets it. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know how many students from this year's graduating MSMHS class were accepted into the COM? I heard previous years had around 25-30 enter into the COM but not sure what the number is this year.

So I got a private message that really surprised me. Apparently 90% of the students that applied this year from the MSMHS program are on a list called "accept-hold" which means they were accepted but have to wait until next year to start. I guess admin does not reserve any seats for the MSMHS students unless you're in the top 5 in your class. I've never heard of this happening at any other medical school and am seriously rethinking about applying to this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got a private message that really surprised me. Apparently 90% of the students that applied this year from the MSMHS program are on a list called "accept-hold" which means they were accepted but have to wait until next year to start. I guess admin does not reserve any seats for the MSMHS students unless you're in the top 5 in your class. I've never heard of this happening at any other medical school and am seriously rethinking about applying to this program.

I'm currently in an MCAT boot camp course at CHSU and met someone who just finished the program. She told me the same thing - that most of the students are on accept-hold. However, that means that a lot of people got accepted, so that's pretty cool. Definitely does suck that these people now have gap years.

oh that's such a throw-off! I want to start medical school next year after finishing this program. I think I might even an interview chance even if I don't get into the program and apply directly to the DO program now. The only reason I'm doing this program is to improve my chance of getting into the DO program close to where I live.

I had submitted the app on 5/16. However did not receive confirmation from Post Bacc regarding the receipt of transcripts from one of the colleges I took a few courses from. Anyone else in similar situation? How long is the wait at Touro after Post Bacc acknowledgement?

I got waitlisted for next cycle with a 3.3 GPA, I didn't include any of my volunteering LORs BTW. I would have 3 but the email said I could only update one w/ Naisha Bible. Anyone else get waitlisted?

I got waitlisted for next cycle with a 3.3 GPA, I didn't include any of my volunteering LORs BTW. I would have 3 but the email said I could only update one w/ Naisha Bible. Anyone else get waitlisted?
You got waitlisted for the MSMHS program or the DO program?

I had submitted the app on 5/16. However did not receive confirmation from Post Bacc regarding the receipt of transcripts from one of the colleges I took a few courses from. Anyone else in similar situation? How long is the wait at Touro after Post Bacc acknowledgement?
Can someone share the expected wait time for response from Touro after Post Bacc acknowledgement?

Can someone share the expected wait time for response from Touro after Post Bacc acknowledgement?

If you mean response time after the app is confirmed complete, it has varied. At this point in time, it can be anywhere between two weeks to mid-July. Not an ideal answer, but historically that is what I have seen.

Just got waitlisted. Anyone else hear back?

Historically, anyone that has gotten waitlisted and then accepted off the waitlist - can those people still apply to financial aid in time and get financial assistance for the program?

I just got the call with an acceptance!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted to this program and couldn't be more excited! What are you all planning to do about housing?

How are the stats for the people that got accepted? Did you guys take you MCAT or have >3.3GPA?

I just got accepted!!! Congrats to all of us! Can’t wait to meet you all. Could someone add me to the FB page. I’m looking for housing roommates as well!
congratulations! Would you mind sharing stats please?

Just as a headsup-- they are still filling the class, and we are still reviewing applications. Stay hopeful!!! and also ^^^^ stats are not everything! I agree! If you have a well rounded application, then low stats can be ignored temporarily, and your application will speak for itself.

Just as a headsup-- they are still filling the class, and we are still reviewing applications. Stay hopeful!!! and also ^^^^ stats are not everything! I agree! If you have a well rounded application, then low stats can be ignored temporarily, and your application will speak for itself.
Thank you

Is it true that a ton of people were given an accept hold and have to take a gap year?

Is there a cut off date by when they plan to respond to all applications?
Anyone who has been through this process last year and is familiar with the process and timelines?

Is it true that a ton of people were given an accept hold and have to take a gap year?

The initial wave of admissions decisions left most people with an 'accept hold' correct, meaning that they have a guaranteed spot in the class this year if there is space, and if not this year, then next year. This is a step up from being on the normal waitlist because all of the 'accept-hold' people are now at the top of the list, AND they have been accepted (year pending). That being said, so far nearly 12 people who were 'accept hold' have now gotten a spot in this year's class and I anticipate that more will join them.

This is to say that I don't want this decision to deter you from applying to the Master's program as admissions is often a lottery anyways. An 'accept hold' is still a valid and desired outcome, even if it came as an initial surprise. Hope this helps!

Is there a cut off date by when they plan to respond to all applications?
Anyone who has been through this process last year and is familiar with the process and timelines?

Responding is an ongoing process...but they could reply to you and accept you literally the day before orientation. I would say that is their cut off date. Not ideal, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Are the people on the waitlist given preference over the people that applied later since its rolling? Do you know how many people have been accepted from the waitlist in previous years?

Hi there,

I know this question may come off as strange but I have been floundering between two programs and was hoping someone may have some useful insight. I guess I'm mildly worried going to TUC's program will limit me to only TUC after, which wouldn't necessarily be a horrible thing since ultimately I just want to be a physician and the institution I get my degree at doesn't matter entirely to me, BUT I also just don't want to limit myself or make it difficult to apply to other programs if thats what I end up deciding down the road. I may be totally off base with this fear and just need some guidance so thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Also side note, I haven't even started my application for AACOMAS and I am not sure if that would hold me back from being accepted to the Fall 2020 TUCOM class?

Are the people on the waitlist given preference over the people that applied later since its rolling? Do you know how many people have been accepted from the waitlist in previous years?

Unfortunately I don't know the specifics about how they weigh waitlist vs later applicants. But I don't think there is any preference given. I think they are just trying to accept what they believe are the best candidates for the program.

In terms of the waitlist, it is also unclear. I do know that 3 or 4 of my classmates came off the waitlist like the day before orientation. So it is very possible, but no specific numbers unfortunately.

Hi there,

I know this question may come off as strange but I have been floundering between two programs and was hoping someone may have some useful insight. I guess I'm mildly worried going to TUC's program will limit me to only TUC after, which wouldn't necessarily be a horrible thing since ultimately I just want to be a physician and the institution I get my degree at doesn't matter entirely to me, BUT I also just don't want to limit myself or make it difficult to apply to other programs if thats what I end up deciding down the road. I may be totally off base with this fear and just need some guidance so thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Also side note, I haven't even started my application for AACOMAS and I am not sure if that would hold me back from being accepted to the Fall 2020 TUCOM class?

Hey fish! Just to clarify, you are talking about the Master's program correct? The great thing about the Master's program is that many people (myself included), applied to other schools during out time in the Master's, DO and MD. And actually applications to other schools was highly encouraged by the staff because it makes no sense to put all your eggs in one basket, unless of course it would be your only option, in which case that is totally fine. I had classmates who were in the Master's program and are now going to MD programs this year. So I would say you should not worry about the Master's program limiting you to only TUC.

When you say your AACOMAS application, are you talking about your application to the Master's program?

Hey fish! Just to clarify, you are talking about the Master's program correct? The great thing about the Master's program is that many people (myself included), applied to other schools during out time in the Master's, DO and MD. And actually applications to other schools was highly encouraged by the staff because it makes no sense to put all your eggs in one basket, unless of course it would be your only option, in which case that is totally fine. I had classmates who were in the Master's program and are now going to MD programs this year. So I would say you should not worry about the Master's program limiting you to only TUC.

When you say your AACOMAS application, are you talking about your application to the Master's program?

Thank you so much, I guess that was a bit confusing and I apologize. Yes I am talking about the MSMHS program. I'm sure they encourage students to apply to other medical schools but I wonder if Touro may possibly have less name recognition which could lead to having only a greater likelihood of being admitted to Touro only. Maybe the best gauge of this could be how many students from the program are admitted to other, non-host, medical schools after. I know I read that about 27 of the 60ish people in your class went to Touro after, how many do you think of the other 33 went elsewhere?

Also for the second question I was talking about AACOMS for the DO school applications. I kind of jumped into this master's degree road, only being able to submit all my applications on their due dates and I was fortunate enough to actually get in to everywhere I applied, but my late start and late admittance has left me a little behind the ball on my timeline. I have not even thought about starting my applications for med school (whether its MD or DO but I believe MD is closing soon) however you responded to someone on this thread saying "Let's say you did the master's program this year, and you wanted to go straight into COM next August. You would apply normally, submit your Primary in the fall, secondary in the spring, get the guaranteed interview in May, get accepted, have the summer off, and enter in August." SO the you're saying I still have time to submit my application for TUCCOM?

The initial wave of admissions decisions left most people with an 'accept hold' correct, meaning that they have a guaranteed spot in the class this year if there is space, and if not this year, then next year. This is a step up from being on the normal waitlist because all of the 'accept-hold' people are now at the top of the list, AND they have been accepted (year pending). That being said, so far nearly 12 people who were 'accept hold' have now gotten a spot in this year's class and I anticipate that more will join them.

This is to say that I don't want this decision to deter you from applying to the Master's program as admissions is often a lottery anyways. An 'accept hold' is still a valid and desired outcome, even if it came as an initial surprise. Hope this helps!
Do you think this will affect how many of this year's Master's students are accepted? Since some of the ones on accept hold right now may have to start the following year as well

i can see that mandatory orientation is on august 4th. and it seems like from online calendar that classes start the following day? can anyone please clarify when the first day of classes are?

Do you think this will affect how many of this year's Master's students are accepted? Since some of the ones on accept hold right now may have to start the following year as well

tl;dr - Have no idea, admissions is a lottery, you won't get clarification until you are in the program, pray to your pre-med gods.

When it comes to admissions, the students (even myself) only knows so much. For this year's class, as I mentioned almost 12ish people have gotten off the "accept hold" list and transitioned to gaining a spot in THIS year's class. I anticipate a few more people will get a spot atleast before the end of summer.

How this will roll over into the 2019-2020 Master's class is unclear. It is also mostly dependent on who is applying in the Non-master's population and are those acceptances being declined or are there an abundance of people actually paying their deposits and filling a spot (if that makes sense). Touro would never clarify any of this btw. that would be too dang reasonable.

isn't it wonderful to get straightforward answers?

Good question! I wish the school would clarify such matters. The website could include a document showing the actual numbers of students who continue on to the medical school (their stats as well). It would be very helpful for prospective students as they can make better informed decisions. Oh well.

It's not a bad idea, and would help the students out a lot more. During orientation, they do show you some statistics of previous year's classes and how they fare in COM. It is just not posted on the Touro website? Why? I don't know. It's out of my pay grade. Which is $0.

Thank you so much, I guess that was a bit confusing and I apologize. Yes I am talking about the MSMHS program. I'm sure they encourage students to apply to other medical schools but I wonder if Touro may possibly have less name recognition which could lead to having only a greater likelihood of being admitted to Touro only. Maybe the best gauge of this could be how many students from the program are admitted to other, non-host, medical schools after. I know I read that about 27 of the 60ish people in your class went to Touro after, how many do you think of the other 33 went elsewhere?

Also for the second question I was talking about AACOMS for the DO school applications. I kind of jumped into this master's degree road, only being able to submit all my applications on their due dates and I was fortunate enough to actually get in to everywhere I applied, but my late start and late admittance has left me a little behind the ball on my timeline. I have not even thought about starting my applications for med school (whether its MD or DO but I believe MD is closing soon) however you responded to someone on this thread saying "Let's say you did the master's program this year, and you wanted to go straight into COM next August. You would apply normally, submit your Primary in the fall, secondary in the spring, get the guaranteed interview in May, get accepted, have the summer off, and enter in August." SO the you're saying I still have time to submit my application for TUCCOM?

1) Does Touro have less name recognition? Compared to some MD's possibly, but it is still a highly regarded DO school. And if you do well in the program with good recommendations, you can still do well for yourself. There were people who got into low to mid tier MD schools with the Touro master's. Not too shabby. They also killed it on their MCAT. For your purpose, I would worry less about name recognition, and focusing more on what school is the right fit for you, but I understand your concern. From the 2018 class (my class), I feel like 6-8 people went to different schools (DO or MD), and the rest went to Touro. The 2019 class is still undetermined but so far most have chosen Touro.

2) For TUCCOM specifically, once you enter the Master's program, you will enter a separate application timeline from the rest of the population. You will be considered now a different population from the Non's Masters applicants which puts you at an advantage. So that application deadline will be explained to you should you enter the Master's program (you would submit your primary in late fall, secondary in Spring sometime, and yadayada. Now for other schools, it is slightly different. For MD's, you are still at an ok point in the timeline, but you should aim to have secondaries sent in by August at latest, maybe September. MD applications are very intense and they abide more strongly by the rolling admissions guidelines. DO schools are a little bit more lax in this sense where if you haven't even finished the primary, you are still ok! I had friends who submitted their DO secondaries in like January and they were still ok. But obviously earlier the better is always good, to give yourself the best chance! I hope this made sense.

Reactions: 2 users
1) Does Touro have less name recognition? Compared to some MD's possibly, but it is still a highly regarded DO school. And if you do well in the program with good recommendations, you can still do well for yourself. There were people who got into low to mid tier MD schools with the Touro master's. Not too shabby. They also killed it on their MCAT. For your purpose, I would worry less about name recognition, and focusing more on what school is the right fit for you, but I understand your concern. From the 2018 class (my class), I feel like 6-8 people went to different schools (DO or MD), and the rest went to Touro. The 2019 class is still undetermined but so far most have chosen Touro.

2) For TUCCOM specifically, once you enter the Master's program, you will enter a separate application timeline from the rest of the population. You will be considered now a different population from the Non's Masters applicants which puts you at an advantage. So that application deadline will be explained to you should you enter the Master's program (you would submit your primary in late fall, secondary in Spring sometime, and yadayada. Now for other schools, it is slightly different. For MD's, you are still at an ok point in the timeline, but you should aim to have secondaries sent in by August at latest, maybe September. MD applications are very intense and they abide more strongly by the rolling admissions guidelines. DO schools are a little bit more lax in this sense where if you haven't even finished the primary, you are still ok! I had friends who submitted their DO secondaries in like January and they were still ok. But obviously earlier the better is always good, to give yourself the best chance! I hope this made sense.

SpaceDoctor8, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a thoughtful response. I see that Touro does hold high regard and I have no doubt in the program itself but this was helpful. I know regardless my goal is to do well in whatever program I choose and to see where I will be a good fit but my anxiety stems from not having clear information on the website as to where their graduates tend to move onto, I wouldn't even mind seeing what other jobs they may move onto if it isn't Medical School. It is very helpful though to know that the application process to TUCCOM is explained through the Master's Program!

tl;dr - Have no idea, admissions is a lottery, you won't get clarification until you are in the program, pray to your pre-med gods.

When it comes to admissions, the students (even myself) only knows so much. For this year's class, as I mentioned almost 12ish people have gotten off the "accept hold" list and transitioned to gaining a spot in THIS year's class. I anticipate a few more people will get a spot atleast before the end of summer.

How this will roll over into the 2019-2020 Master's class is unclear. It is also mostly dependent on who is applying in the Non-master's population and are those acceptances being declined or are there an abundance of people actually paying their deposits and filling a spot (if that makes sense). Touro would never clarify any of this btw. that would be too dang reasonable.

isn't it wonderful to get straightforward answers?

Thanks for making time to respond to our queries while we are waiting for the results. I guess waiting period is not easy for anyone here.

Thanks for making time to respond to our queries while we are waiting for the results. I guess waiting period is not easy for anyone here.

Of course! Yea it's pretty much like waiting at the DMV. There is no point in holding your breath. I went through the same process when I applied. Of course my dumb ass applied last second before the deadline, and was waiting to hear back while half way across the country. 0/10 would not recommend.

There is still time! It is only mid July.