Tufts c/o 2020 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just called admissions now. They said the committee is meeting this week. She said "don't hold your breath about hearing by the end of this week, it might be early next week. And it'll be an email telling you to check your portal, so don't be checking your portal every hour, it'll drive you crazy."
Personally I interviewed at 4 schools, I've been wait listed at 2 and rejected from the other, so regardless of when we hear...I'm holding my breath...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks for calling! Still won't stop me from checking my portal every hour hahaha
Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm banking on Friday or Monday. Last year was at 3pm I think and the year before that was 5pm

Reactions: 1 user
Really hoping today is the day!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anybody want to call and see if today is the day? I would but I'm stuck at work 8-6 :(

anybody want to call and see if today is the day? I would but I'm stuck at work 8-6 :(
I would, but I gave my name a couple days ago when I called, so I'd rather not call just a couple days later.

I called. She said "we're trying." So maybe, maybe not.

I called. She said "we're trying." So maybe, maybe not.

Thanks for calling! Although their answer wasn't very clear.

From the way she said it it sounds like they're posting them to the portals, but they don't give us access to see the statuses until they get all of them up. They're trying to get them all up in time to let us see them today, but otherwise early next week.

I honestly don't think I've ever been this nervous. This is the only school I applied to and I'm dying to hear back.

Just checked, my decision is up on the portal!

I'm loving the confetti on the acceptance page :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yayyy, I got in!!! First US acceptance

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Congrats guys :)

Alternate. Triple wait listed. Guess I won't know if I'm going to vet school next year for a while.

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh

Reactions: 6 users
I'm loving the confetti on the acceptance page :clap:
hehehe, fun tip: if you refresh the page, the confetti comes back for a bit! I'm totally sending a picture to everyone :p

OMG Confetti!! I'm in! Congrats everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got in!!!!!!! Tufts was my number one choice all along. I'm definitely going :D :soexcited::clap:
Also just casually started sobbing in my school's dining hall haha

Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know anything about tufts alternate list? Do people ever make it off?

ACCEPTED!!
I began shaking violently in the middle of the caf from the adrenaline, hahah. Tufts is my #1 so I'm through the roof with excitement right now!
Hope to see you all in the Fall :biglove:

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED!!! (OOS)

Congratulations everyone on your acceptances!! I'm a long time lurker here, and I have been listed as an alternate for Tufts - I'm happy it's not a straight up rejection, but I just wanted to check to see if anyone had experience from being on the alternate last year. Specifically when did they get back to you guys with their decisions? Do I have to wait until April? I know that's common, but I was hoping from their letter they might tell us sooner..

So excited, Tufts class of 2020!!!!! :soexcited:

Wow, accepted! I did not see that coming!

Congrats all on your acceptances! Can't wait to see you all next year. :clap:

And for those of you on the alternate list--don't lose hope! I was an alternate that was pulled off the waitlist in May three years ago, and several of my friends/classmates were alternates as well. It's difficult to say how many people they take off the waitlist each year, as people choose differently every year. They also don't have an actual "list" per say, but rather the admissions committee reconvenes to discuss all the alternates every time a space is available to choose someone for that spot. I'd say that the earliest you might hear about being pulled off the waitlist would be April 15th, though.

Accepted!!! Such a relief after being waitlisted at 4 schools so far!

Officially put my deposit down! Can't wait to meet everyone this fall :)

Yay!! I'm going to be putting a deposit down soon. I can't wait to start!! And meet all of you! I'm already thinking about apartment hunting.... lol

Congrats guys! See you on campus in the fall! Get excited, Tufts is a great school!

In :D
This has been my dream since being a munchkin, and at 32, I'm beyond excited to know I will be a vet before 40 ;)

I haven't accepted my offer to Tufts, but I'm starting to look into living arrangements. Does anyone have any info on housing in the area. Is it houses or apartments? any info would be appreciated.

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if Tufts sends out acceptance packets in the mail or if we will be receiving more information over email? Not sure if any other accepted students have received any additional information. Thanks!:)
I got a hard copy of my acceptance letter (with notes from my interviewers, a really nice touch!) in the mail a week or so after my acceptance. No informational packet, though.

I haven't accepted my offer to Tufts, but I'm starting to look into living arrangements. Does anyone have any info on housing in the area. Is it houses or apartments? any info would be appreciated.

I've lived in Boston for the past 8 years and just finished up the process of finding a house in Framingham for next year. A lot of the housing in the metro-west area is apartments for rent within multi-family homes. You can also find single-family homes (depending on your budget and requirements, most start in the low-to-mid 2000s/month, so you'd need roommates or a spouse) and plenty of apartment buildings, though a lot of the apartments I've seen have breed restrictions and size restrictions they're pretty strict about, if you're moving with a dog. Some will waive their no-pets policies if you offer to pay a pet deposit and sign up for liability insurance--I've always had better luck with this with small-time landlords over larger management companies.

Some links that might help with your search:
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/
http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/Westborough,MA/
https://boston.craigslist.org/search/bmw/aap (Boston Craigslist restricted to Metro-West)
https://worcester.craigslist.org/search/apa (Worcester Craigslist)

Hey everyone,
I don't know if other people have been having the same problem, but I have been experiencing difficulties with the Tufts email process. There's that status update that says "get your tufts email address" and when i followed the directions and typed in my date of birth, tufts ID and email address it said my information could not be found. Been freaking out that I got an accidental acceptance notification or something. I already submit my deposit and everything. Just panicking.

Same thing happened to me back in December. I don't remember exactly what steps got it sorted out but I had to call the admissions office and IT service before I was able to sign up. No worries, no need to freak out!

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if Tufts sends out acceptance packets in the mail or if we will be receiving more information over email? Not sure if any other accepted students have received any additional information. Thanks!:)

I haven't gotten one from Tufts either.

Totally understand the freaking out though! I forget if I told you or not, but my Penn letter was 2 weeks late! I had to email admissions and eventually found out they sent it to my old address. I was so convinced I either imagined the call or they called me by mistake.

But don't worry, you're in TUFTS! I'm sure it'll come soon. They probably have more now then they did the first interview weekend, that might be why it's taking a little longer.

After a long week of pro/con lists (lol) I have given up my OOS spot at Tufts. I really loved the school but I felt a different program would be a better fit for me.

Best of luck to those on the waitlist, I hope someone hears some good news in April! And best of luck to the rest of the class!!

I live in the area right now and there are two big apartment complexes that are within a ten minute drive from campus. The Commons at Haynes Farms (which is where I live) and Ashford Crossing. Both are a bit pricy but there is a discount if you're a tufts student. We chose Haynes Farm just because the apartment complexes were completely renovated recently and are super nice now. They are both pet friendly which is also what we were looking for.

I live in the area right now and there are two big apartment complexes that are within a ten minute drive from campus. The Commons at Haynes Farms (which is where I live) and Ashford Crossing. Both are a bit pricy but there is a discount if you're a tufts student. We chose Haynes Farm just because the apartment complexes were completely renovated recently and are super nice now. They are both pet friendly which is also what we were looking for.

Thanks for the info! How much exactly is the discount for Tufts students? Does it give more info about that on their website?

ps. I'm probably going to start looking for a two-bedroom apartment soon, if anyone wants to join the hunt with me! I have a 25 pound dog that I'll be bringing to school with me. He's 8 years old and is very well-behaved and loves people :)

Edit: I know it's early to start looking for housing, but I'm excited and love to plan haha

I'm not exactly sure but my husband and I pay 1350 for a one bedroom apartment which includes the dog fee.
Thanks for the info! How much exactly is the discount for Tufts students? Does it give more info about that on their website?

ps. I'm probably going to start looking for a two-bedroom apartment soon, if anyone wants to join the hunt with me! I have a 25 pound dog that I'll be bringing to school with me. He's 8 years old and is very well-behaved and loves people :)

Edit: I know it's early to start looking for housing, but I'm excited and love to plan haha

I'm not sure how much the discount is but my husband and I pay around 1350 for a one bedroom which includes the dog fee of $70 a month.

Is there a Facebook page specifically for Tufts vet school does anyone know?

Does anyone know if family comes to the accepted applicants day?

Just letting you know, it can be surprisingly difficult to find pet friendly housing around here, good call to start looking early.