This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received one yesterday for 12/17 and I am OOS :)
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app? Just curious if they do it randomly or based on when you submit applications. CONGRATULATIONS on your interview!!! Excited for you and all others invited to interview, best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app? Just curious if they do it randomly or based on when you submit applications. CONGRATULATIONS on your interview!!! Excited for you and all others invited to interview, best of luck!!

I submitted VMCAS on 9/17, was verified by 9/20, Tufts emailed me that they received VMCAS on 9/24, and I submitted their supplement the same day! I am not sure how they decide who gets selected for a particular day, as I didn't submit it all that early. And thank you! I am excited as well and hope to hear of more people receiving an interview invite!

I submitted VMCAS on 9/17, was verified by 9/20, Tufts emailed me that they received VMCAS on 9/24, and I submitted their supplement the same day! I am not sure how they decide who gets selected for a particular day, as I didn't submit it all that early. And thank you! I am excited as well and hope to hear of more people receiving an interview invite!
I don't think when applications are submitted has anything to do with which interview date you're invited to, I'm pretty sure it's based on your application strength so that the people who rank highest based on their application alone are invited to earlier dates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent something out I am pretty sure that says it is about proximity to them. The ones closest have earlier dates.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

They sent something out I am pretty sure that says it is about proximity to them. The ones closest have earlier dates.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Where did you see that? I'm in New Hampshire and I have friends from here who were invited to the last interview dates in the past and got in.

I'm only an hour away and didn't get an invite. I was under the impression it was the strength of the application.

Reactions: 2 users
I was told try their best to interview the closer applicants on the sooner interview dates. However, keep in mind they've only sent out invites for one interview date (the very first one), and they probably can't interview everyone within a few hours of them in just one date. Stats may also be in play however I'm not sure to what extent.

I'm only an hour away and didn't get an invite. I was under the impression it was the strength of the application.
I was told by the dean of admissions that interview date has nothing to do with strength of application, but proximity to school. He said to absolutely not worry if you don't have the first date in december, as they try to do it regionally.

Reactions: 1 users
I was told by the dean of admissions that interview date has nothing to do with strength of application, but proximity to school. He said to absolutely not worry if you don't have the first date in december, as they try to do it regionally.
omg bless you

Soo those of us in southern New England who didn't get an invite yet can go pound sand?

From what I was told a few years ago they give the first dates to people with strong applications from other states that also have vet schools, to try to get them to fall in love with tufts before the school that is closer to them, I didn't get an interview till late and did fine. I think my date was in February

Soo those of us in southern New England who didn't get an invite yet can go pound sand?

I'm going to assume that there is a larger proportion of people applying to Tufts from the New England/NY/PA region than from other regions in the country, so I wouldn't be surprised if more than one of the first seven days of interviews focus on students from that area, (though I could be wrong and I'm just deluding myself haha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

But really, there are seven days! That's a loooot of days of interviews (in comparison to some schools that do like 1-4 days). I wouldn't assume that if you didn't get an invite for the first day, you're automatically discounted for the next six just because you're close by. No matter what people hear or think they know about what admissions is doing, we have no true idea of what's going on because we're not in the room hearing them making decisions - it is possible and likely that someone who is IS may get an interview on the last day.

Reactions: 4 users

Nooo!!! Im in southern new england also, trust me it will be okay. They can only interview so many people on that one date in december, and like someone else said there are many other dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I was told a few years ago they give the first dates to people with strong applications from other states that also have vet schools, to try to get them to fall in love with tufts before the school that is closer to them, I didn't get an interview till late and did fine. I think my date was in February

I agree with this for sure. I am from about 3 hrs from Tufts, not a mass resident, and have a in state school. I interviewed in dec last hear. Honestly there were Very few people from the area that I talked to! A lot of people came from states that were pretty far away, so I don’t think I trust that it’s just a proximity thing. The day did sort of feel like they were trying to convince us to go there. My instate is highly PBL and tufts is the opposite. During my interview, they specially brought up my school and then asked which style I would like more, obviously try to figure out whether I was likely to go to my instate. Of course I told them I loved their lecture style cause I could tell it was a pointed question lol and it felt like it would be looked down on for me to say I’d prefer PBL.

Hey to those of you who received interviews already, did your tufts portal change or did you just get an email?

Hey to those of you who received interviews already, did your tufts portal change or did you just get an email?

I only received an email, nothing about it on my application status page.

I've heard (from someone who was an admissions rep several years prior) that they interview people who have the strongest applications first -- i.e. the ones they know that probably won't say yes to them even if accepted -- either because they'll get into better schools or their instate school or get $ from elsewhere. On the other hand, though, even though I haven't been a tech a single day of my life and didn't think I'd get in anywhere -- I interviewed on the last interview date for Tufts in February and was the last interview slot of the day. My interview went so well that I was in the interview room for an extra 15 minutes, and as I was walking out of the interview building, Ford said I was the last student interview of the entire cycle. I think I went to the closest Sushi spot immediately after and had a beer before I met @kaydubs. I ended up being offered a pretty decent scholarship by them. If you're not in the first wave, don't stress. They'll get you in if they want to see you :)

I'm OOS and received an interview email on Sat, Dec 1st. I will be interviewing on December 11th! I was able to choose between the 10th and 11th.

Really? That’s weird. None of those dates are ones that Tufts announced would be interview days. But congrats!

Edit: wait are you a predental student? These are the Tufts prevet forums

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Really? That’s weird. None of those dates are ones that Tufts announced would be interview days. But congrats!

Edit: wait are you a predental student? These are the Tufts prevet forums
When people from other forums come over here because they don’t know how to use the search function and ask questions or post interview invites/acceptances it always makes me giggle

Just got an email from Ford asking for my Fall grades to "assist in their decision" about my candidacy. Better than nothing, right??

I didn't get that email :oops: which kind of terrifies me haha

Can I ask what your GPA was at admission?

I didn't get that email :oops: which kind of terrifies me haha

Can I ask what your GPA was at admission?
Think you're talking to me but I'm not sure? Haha anyway, cum 3.81, science 3.7. I'm taking prereqs this semester though which I think is why they want the grades.

Thank you! and yes I was referring to you haha for some reason it won't let me directly reply to you

Thank you! and yes I was referring to you haha for some reason it won't let me directly reply to you
Weird! But yeah my grades are kind of weird because my cum is based on the BA I finished as well as the BS I'm working on so my cum for just my BS is 3.96

Just got an email from Ford asking for my Fall grades to "assist in their decision" about my candidacy. Better than nothing, right??

I got something similar too about a prereq course transcript that was in progress in Fall 2017. Guess it means they are looking at apps! Yay! Also, I noticed new views on my video essay (I feel like a crazy person), so they must be reviewing stuff.

I got something similar too about a prereq course transcript that was in progress in Fall 2017. Guess it means they are looking at apps! Yay! Also, I noticed new views on my video essay (I feel like a crazy person), so they must be reviewing stuff.
Can I be extra crazy and ask you how many views you have on yours? You just reminded me so I went and checked and I have 16 but at least 5 of those are me lolol

Can I be extra crazy and ask you how many views you have on yours? You just reminded me so I went and checked and I have 16 but at least 5 of those are me lolol

omg, they asked for a video essay?!?!

wow, interesting. what were the other options?
If I remember correctly, there was one required written essay and then the second was an option between written or video.

has anyone received the financial aid email?

LOL not crazy, I understand. I did send it to someone to watch before to make sure it worked so I'm not sure how many times they watched it. I think my checking also added some views, but I'm at 16. There were 4 or so on a day I didn't check, so maybe it was them looking? Dunno!

LOL not crazy, I understand. I did send it to someone to watch before to make sure it worked so I'm not sure how many times they watched it. I think my checking also added some views, but I'm at 16. There were 4 or so on a day I didn't check, so maybe it was them looking? Dunno!
Cool 16 is the magic number I guess!

has anyone received the financial aid email?

I just got it and almost passed out. Then I realized what it wasn’t—an interview invite.

Back to waiting (im)patiently........

Reactions: 5 users
This financial aid email also gave me a heart attack....

Reactions: 5 users
I'm dying to hear back, this waiting is so hard! I did see on the APVMA facebook page that they're trying to get the next wave out between Christmas and New Years, if not the first week of the new year :)

So do we not have to submit fall transcripts unless asked by admissions then?

Hey y'all - long time lurker, first time poster.

Had my interview on Monday and woke up to an acceptance email this morning!
Good luck!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Hey y'all - long time lurker, first time poster.

Had my interview on Monday and woke up to an acceptance email this morning!
Good luck!!!

Also interviewed Monday and was accepted yesterday! Congrats!

Do you mind if I ask how Ford wanted you to submit your Fall grades? I know they aren't required unless asked but I'd like to send them because I've taken pre-reqs this past semester too. Thank you!

Do you mind if I ask how Ford wanted you to submit your Fall grades? I know they aren't required unless asked but I'd like to send them because I've taken pre-reqs this past semester too. Thank you!
He told me to email them to him and then send an official transcript when grades are finalized, but I don't know if they'll look at them if they didn't specifically ask you for them?

I got an email from Ford asking about my fall grades today. Is everyone asked? Or can I pretend it’s a good sign?

Can they just send me my rejection already so I stop thinking about it ?!

Hello ! I am a current V22 Tufts student. I thought I'd pop on to see if anyone had any questions about the curriculum/interview process/ etc. :)

Hey guys! I’m also a 1st year right now at Tufts and am just passing through. Figured I would answer some of your questions! For clarification, the December interview is for highly qualified applicants so no that one is not by location. The ones in January/February are typically regional however. I also got the email last year to send in my fall grades before being offered an interview! Tufts is a great school and I couldn’t have picked somewhere better. For what it is worth, Tufts is primarily lecture based for classes yes but we also do have a PBL class once a week where you go over cases which I have enjoyed and a hands on clinical skills class! Let me know if there are any other questions!!

Hey guys! I’m also a 1st year right now at Tufts and am just passing through. Figured I would answer some of your questions! For clarification, the December interview is for highly qualified applicants so no that one is not by location. The ones in January/February are typically regional however. I also got the email last year to send in my fall grades before being offered an interview! Tufts is a great school and I couldn’t have picked somewhere better. For what it is worth, Tufts is primarily lecture based for classes yes but we also do have a PBL class once a week where you go over cases which I have enjoyed and a hands on clinical skills class! Let me know if there are any other questions!!
Hi! Do you think sending your fall transcripts was a big part of your interview offer?