This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview invite OOS for 1/16, check your emails!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Also just got an interview invite OOS for 1/22!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone IS got an email yet? I haven’t and I’m hoping it might be 1/15 since no one has mentioned that date yet and the first years were saying dates are by region.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone IS got an email yet? I haven’t and I’m hoping it might be 1/15 since no one has mentioned that date yet and the first years were saying dates are by region.

Can't answer your question exactly but I'm from New Hampshire and interviewing on 1/16 so since I'm still in New England it would make sense that IS would have interviews on 1/15? Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
OOS interview for 2/5!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview invite 1/22!!
Guess I’m going to miss all of my classes since half of my interviews are in the middle of the week

OOS interview 1/16!

OOS interview on 1/28!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOS interview on 1/29 as well. Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't answer your question exactly but I'm from New Hampshire and interviewing on 1/16 so since I'm still in New England it would make sense that IS would have interviews on 1/15? Fingers crossed for you!

Got the IS interview for 1/15! Thanks for giving me this info though, it calmed me down for a bit while I was in the middle of a panic haha

OOS interview 1/28!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an in state interview!

OOS interview for 1/28! Last name is a Z, IL is my instate.

OOS interview 1/15!
Hi! Totally random, but did you do Tufts AVM in the summer of 2013? I think I recognize your username; if you are who I think you are then we're friends on Facebook! So excited to be interviewing with you!!

does anyone know how many people interview? (and what ratio IS vs OOS)

does anyone know how many people interview? (and what ratio IS vs OOS)

Not sure about how many people they interview, but I do know their final classes have ~30 IS students and ~70 OOS students (also no idea how many people they admit).

Not sure about how many people they interview, but I do know their final classes have ~30 IS students and ~70 OOS students (also no idea how many people they admit).

i like to think they interview like 40 in state haha

The admissions website says approximately 400 total interviews are held each year. No breakdown by IS/OOS though.

just called. im assuming it was patty that picked up the phone and said they weren't done yet (and additionally told me to hang in there because shes the nicest person on the planet)

Reactions: 2 users
The admissions website says approximately 400 total interviews are held each year. No breakdown by IS/OOS though.

Do you know what % they accept? I know their class size is 100, but since it’s a private school and IS tuition isn’t substantially different (iirc), in assuming they overaccept more than a state school would?

Hi! Totally random, but did you do Tufts AVM in the summer of 2013? I think I recognize your username; if you are who I think you are then we're friends on Facebook! So excited to be interviewing with you!!
Omg yes this is so weird! Message me on Facebook!

Last edited:
Do you know what % they accept? I know their class size is 100, but since it’s a private school and IS tuition isn’t substantially different (iirc), in assuming they overaccept more than a state school would?
Don’t know about percent acceptance other than that it‘s probably over 20% for IS, considering they have about 140 that apply each year.
IS tuition I think is about $5k/year or so less than OOS.
Overacceptance and a moving waitlist I believe would be somewhat likely for both IS and OOS. I think this is more true for OOS students, since a good number of people will turn down their OOS seat when they get an offer from their IS school; but it might be true for IS students as well - since you’re not saving a considerable amount of money ($20-$40k/year) by being IS at Tufts, more IS people than normal might turn down their offer because they may be interested in attending a different school they can either get residency in or have a lower COL at (I know the Tufts area - COL there is lower than in a lot of other suburban Massachusetts areas, but just by being in Massachusetts it’s automatically higher than a lot of other locations/states with vet schools.)

Omg yes this is so weird! Message me on Facebook!

Will do!!

Hi! Do you think sending your fall transcripts was a big part of your interview offer?

Hey! I wouldn’t say that fall transcripts were a huge part of my offer. I think they probably just wanted to see how I was doing in any outstanding prereqs or just to make sure I was doing well in general. I only say I don’t think it mattered a lot for me because throughout undergrad I had a pretty high GPA and ended with a 3.95 and that semester wasn’t much different. It might be real meaningful for someone who improved so I would say it depends on your situation! GPA was my strong suit...I personally struggled more with GRE and I didn’t think I would get in with my scores!

I would also say it’s possible your interview may be mixed with some in-state as well. I’m also from southern NH and my interview was with a good mix of IS and OOS (mostly New England). I went to undergrad in MA and my interview date was full of my classmates from our pre-vet program (UMass Amherst).

Congratulations everyone who got interviews so far!

Hey! I wouldn’t say that fall transcripts were a huge part of my offer. I think they probably just wanted to see how I was doing in any outstanding prereqs or just to make sure I was doing well in general. I only say I don’t think it mattered a lot for me because throughout undergrad I had a pretty high GPA and ended with a 3.95 and that semester wasn’t much different. It might be real meaningful for someone who improved so I would say it depends on your situation! GPA was my strong suit...I personally struggled more with GRE and I didn’t think I would get in with my scores!
I emailed the admissions office and she said to send in fall transcripts if you get an interview or interview waitlist so they can update your GPA!

just got an OOS interview for 1/29 today so I'm going to send in my transcript !

Hey guys! I’m also a 1st year right now at Tufts and am just passing through. Figured I would answer some of your questions! For clarification, the December interview is for highly qualified applicants so no that one is not by location. The ones in January/February are typically regional however. I also got the email last year to send in my fall grades before being offered an interview! Tufts is a great school and I couldn’t have picked somewhere better. For what it is worth, Tufts is primarily lecture based for classes yes but we also do have a PBL class once a week where you go over cases which I have enjoyed and a hands on clinical skills class! Let me know if there are any other questions!!

Any recommendations for the interview?

Hey guys! I’m also a 1st year right now at Tufts and am just passing through. Figured I would answer some of your questions! For clarification, the December interview is for highly qualified applicants so no that one is not by location. The ones in January/February are typically regional however. I also got the email last year to send in my fall grades before being offered an interview! Tufts is a great school and I couldn’t have picked somewhere better. For what it is worth, Tufts is primarily lecture based for classes yes but we also do have a PBL class once a week where you go over cases which I have enjoyed and a hands on clinical skills class! Let me know if there are any other questions!!
Already getting ahead of myself seeing as my interview isn't for another couple of weeks but oh well. I know that people who interviewed in December got acceptances within a week or so, is that the same for the rest of the interviews or is there one set decision date after everyone has interviewed? From my thread-trolling it looks like the latter is how it went last year

Any recommendations for the interview?

The faculty is so nice and supportive and you’ll get that vibe when you go for your interview day! The interview is laid back and conversational. They have your file in front of them and they will probably ask you about your experiences and such. I used the interview questions on the Tufts SDN page and came up with general answers to those and it worked well. The questions are typical interview questions you would expect. They really just want to know what brought you to vet med and that you can hold a conversation! I got asked things like why I wanted to be a vet, specific things about my experience, how I handle stress, my worries about vet school etc. They aren’t just listening to you and moving on either, they will offer up advice and elaborate on your responses. It was my first (and to me, most important) interview so I was definitely nervous and stumbled a few times. They met that with a smile and were very reassuring! You will get some info about your interviewers at the beginning of the day so definitely read over that and at the end ask them some questions about their work and/or about the school in general!

Also, bring a change of clothes! There are a few tours and you will be thankful you did. There are interviews spaced out all throughout the day so basically you will be going to talks, tours, etc. and at some point during that you will have your interview. I was literally the last interview of the day so I wore comfy clothes all day and then changed before my interview.

@Bkr0202 I believe they will tell everyone around the same time when it comes to these interviews. I interviewed 1/16 last year and I got the acceptance 2/20.

Question: my OOS interview is on 2/5. This is my second time applying/interviewing at Tufts, so I'm familiar with the tours/additional info they give. I'm hoping to avoid taking another day off work by flying in the same day and basically showing up an hour before my afternoon interview, but I know Tufts plans for us to be there the entire day. Has anyone else done this?

I just want to confirm—y’all didn’t have to accept your interview right? I don’t see a link or anything to accept/confirm my time, just something that says to call if you can’t make it. I want to make sure that I’m not missing anything and won’t accidentally give up my slot!

do they have later interviews in February or is 2/5 the last one?

Just heard from tufts. Application is on hold for an interview. Anyone know how many they put on hold, and the odds of getting pulled off?

Just heard from tufts. Application is on hold for an interview. Anyone know how many they put on hold, and the odds of getting pulled off?

Tbh I didn’t even know they had a hold list - thought everyone was either offered or denied. Perhaps that means the list is small so you might have a decent chance? This is 100% speculation, take what I say with a grain of salt.

I just want to confirm—y’all didn’t have to accept your interview right? I don’t see a link or anything to accept/confirm my time, just something that says to call if you can’t make it. I want to make sure that I’m not missing anything and won’t accidentally give up my slot!
It doesn’t hurt to call or email to double check if no one ends up replying. All of my interviews for other schools I had to email back to accept it and it specifically said that, but I don’t know how tufts handles it.

I just want to confirm—y’all didn’t have to accept your interview right?
I didn’t see anything either! It looks like you only have to reply if you’re planning on canceling the interview

I didn’t send any RSVP. Hope it’s cool if I just show up lol

I received an OOS interview for 1/15! I'm from CT if that helps.

IS waitlist. There’s still hope haha. Good luck to all going to interviews! Although I am secretly hoping the waitlist moves for us.

I didn’t send any RSVP. Hope it’s cool if I just show up lol
last year I received an email to go onto the portal to fill out a form at least 3 days before the interview (around 1/8) but other than that, no other confirmation needed

If anyone is interviewing at penn 1/25 and tufts 1/28 let me know!!! my momma and I are flying philly to boston on saturday!

Tips on how I can prep for my interview next week?? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users