Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I might barf. :barf:

Me first.

Of course, I hear about this the one day this week so far that I'll be home late! Ugh!

But congrats to those hearing today. As for me, I'll hit the Tums....and the Pepcid....and the Pepto Bismol....and anything else within my reach so that I don't lose my lunch.:hungover:

Members don't see this ad.

I got in too!!! Also, snail mail, small envelope, arrived this morning, letter was dated the 24th. Good luck to others! :banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are all the acceptances from the February interviews "early acceptances" ? Will other acceptance decisions just be posted online, but only some people get snail mail?

A response or two would be great. Thanks!

So I inoculated a bunch of plates in micro, managed not to contaminate the entire lab with Staphylococcus, got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home, then managed to get stuck behind a dump truck, furniture delivery truck, and police car in close succession.

And what do I have to show for all of this today, one might ask?

A big fat nuthin'. (Unless you count the junk mail and bills in my mailbox).

Oh Tufts, why do you torture me so???? :scared:

To answer your question, prevet12345:
Last couple of years, Tufts started sending out letters the last week in Feb. to a select few (i.e., early acceptances). The first Tuesday in March, an e-mail went out to everyone else around 2-3 p.m. that final decisions were made and would be sent via e-mail through their online application management system after 5 p.m. A snail mail letter followed 2-3 days later, exactly the same as the e-mail. Hope that helps....

Again, congrats to Lckynm.... & Cowyakkin, as well as to anyone else hearing today! I'm hoping against hope that I can join you soon! (My psyche--and my husband--can only handle so much more of this.) :p

To answer your question, prevet12345:
Last couple of years, Tufts started sending out letters the last week in Feb. to a select few (i.e., early acceptances). The first Tuesday in March, an e-mail went out to everyone else around 2-3 p.m. that final decisions were made and would be sent via e-mail through their online application management system after 5 p.m. A snail mail letter followed 2-3 days later, exactly the same as the e-mail. Hope that helps....

Thanks. That does help. Though , I am still curious if the e-mail decisions include good news too? Especially for the in state applicants...The two people who have reported that they are in from the February round are IS. Does this mean there will be no IS people in the e-mail round?

From what I recall from last year (which was my first time applying), the early decisions and the e-mails the following Tues. both included acceptances, and consisted of IS and OOS.

So, in other words, no one's out of the running just yet. Hang in there--I'm trying to. :rolleyes:

I wonder what the purpose of the early letters are, and what percentage of acceptances are sent early? I live in NY and am hoping the mail might take another day to get here...

I wonder what the purpose of the early letters are, and what percentage of acceptances are sent early? I live in NY and am hoping the mail might take another day to get here...

There doesn't seem to be any particular reason that they sent the letter early...it just says that it was a "very small group of applicants the Committee voted to admit immediately."

If they do it on a point system, maybe its like Ohio in the way that they offer early seats to people who achieve in the the upper tier of points? Although it seems strange to space the acceptances only oneish week apart.

I don't know much of anything anymore except that, when I look in the mirror now, I am starting to resemble my avatar.

Really doesn't help that I went to Starbucks twice today.

I don't know much of anything anymore except that, when I look in the mirror now, I am starting to resemble my avatar.

:laugh: LOL!
Thanks for the comic relief, Guppy.
Is your voice also getting high pitched and squeeky?:p

Yup--incoherent & running around in circles. ;)

UNH should be happy that I'm not back in lab until Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the deal is with this 'March 27th program for accepted applicants'?

Is anyone else going crazy waiting for Tuesday? I mean it's all speculative on whether or not we will hear, but it's still got my stomach in knots thinking we could know in less that a week.

AHH!:scared:

Yes, my friends, family, and coworkers can all attest to the fact that this is all I've been talking about lately. I can't help but feel disappointed that I didn't get a letter already, even though I know most acceptances aren't included in the early round! :( Whoever gets notification first must post here to settle our nerves!

This thread is too quiet now!!

That's only because I'm too busy screaming inside.....:eek:

Any news from others besides the 2 ISers accepted this week?

i'm so with you! i'm an absolute mess. i will be sooo incredibly bummed if i don't get in.

Last edited:
i'm so with you! i'm an absolute mess. i will be sooo incredibly bummed if i don't get it.

Yeah, I agree. I feel like this is deja vu, since I so desperately wanted to go to Tufts undergrad and was deferred and then rejected! I participated in the AVM summer program back in high school and fell in LOVE with Tufts vet. I'm very interested in their lab animal medicine program and I can't even describe how devastated I'll be if I don't get in :( This is going to be a long few days, especially now that I don't have schoolwork to keep me busy (and off this forum!).

I must admit... I am also a complete mess. I really hope they tell us on Tuesday or else I'll probably flip out. :scared:

.i've been picking up extra hours at work because i know if i had any time off at all i would sit on my doorstep all day long waiting for the postman to come, just to be severely disappointed when no letter arrives. i keep trying to imagine what it will feel like to get a rejection letter from Tufts (because i don't want to get my hopes up...as if they aren't already) and i start crying every time! and it hasn't even happened for real...yet. .

I keep imagining it too, and every now and then i think for a split second, "But what if i get in?" and i am so happy for that split second, and then i have to constantly remind myself to not get excited because of the numbers:(... and i keep trying to not think about it, but everytime i go into work people ask me. I am deliberately avoiding one vet i work with that is alumni because I don't want to talk about it in person lol...

this is why i sit in my apt by myself on these forums... there's an anonymity to it, so speaking how i feel is easier, and i know there are people that are going through EXACTLY what i am going through!

Yay for online support groups lol!:D

Yeah, everyone at work asks if I've heard yet so It's hard to avoid thinking about it. We get a lot of 4th year interns where I work and I've asked all of them a million questions about their vet school experiences. Almost all of the had to apply multiple times before they got in. So I try to reassure myself (and all of you out there, too!) that even if I (we) don't get in, that doesn't mean we won't be great vets one day.

Ya, some of the vets i work with didn't get in their first year, and they are all GREAT vets... even the Dean at one of the vet schools now was rejected the first year he applied, and NOW HE IS HEAD OF THE VET SCHOOL!!

Crazy! We can all be GREAT! it might just come later than we planned. Thanks XanimalX:D

Do you guys really think Tuesday will be the day for sure?

Do you guys really think Tuesday will be the day for sure?

No I'm not 100% sure. It's just a complete guess based on the last 2 years (and that's as far back as i know). It could be different this year because of the December interviewees, but so far the 'early acceptance' mail out the last week of february panned out, so it's just a guess the First Tuesday of march will be the date for the rest of us.

Just a guess, and a really strong hope. I can't focus on my school work, or get off these forums lol... i must know! haha

I'M IN!!! I put my deposit for Tufts in the mail yesterday. I just wanted to make contact with my future classmates.

:hello: Congrats & welcome! Hopefully I'll be able to join you!

Might also want to add your name to the "Final Decisions" thread on here--I think that BodhiBird's getting lonely. :)

Oh no, another work week is beginning... I enjoyed Sunday because I knew there couldn't be any mail!! :laugh:

Good luck to all of you - this thread is sure full of some crazies! I'm crossing my fingers for you :xf: (and feeling very very grateful that I am no longer feeling INSANE).

Oh no, another work week is beginning... I enjoyed Sunday because I knew there couldn't be any mail!! :laugh:

haha i know... but what i like about the week is there are classes and work to distract me from checking these forums...

hmm we really are a little nuts! :laugh:

FYI--for anyone who's not in the area & may not have heard:

Major Nor'Easter today & Tufts is actually closed for the day! They almost never cancel classes, but they did today. (I'm a bit north & am in for 10"-15" of snow myself.) Hopefully, that won't push things back this week....Just wanted to put the word out there, in case anyone needed to contact them today.

And yes, I am proud to call myself one of the crazies. :D

FYI--for anyone who's not in the area & may not have heard:

Major Nor'Easter today & Tufts is actually closed for the day! They almost never cancel classes, but they did today. (I'm a bit north & am in for 10"-15" of snow myself.) Hopefully, that won't push things back this week.... :D

I knew about the storm, but this breaks my heart a little. hmm how can that update the system if no one is in the office...

my patience is being tested, i must remember to be patient... hmm wait, i think i threw that out the window the day i pressed submit. AHH! silly mother nature, doesn't she have the perfect timing??

Just so y'all know, acceptances (and rejections I think) were sent through the email/status update page thing last year and I would assume the same for this year. Also, I was told the early interview/acceptance thing is totally arbitrary and has nothing to do with how high on the "accepted list" those accepted were.

Hope that helps! Hopefully you'll have your decisions within the next 24 hours!!! :eek:

Thanks, PlantersPunch! (Hope that you enjoyed your day off!)

Good luck to all of us tomorrow!!!:luck::xf::luck:

Just so y'all know, acceptances (and rejections I think) were sent through the email/status update page thing last year and I would assume the same for this year. Also, I was told the early interview/acceptance thing is totally arbitrary and has nothing to do with how high on the "accepted list" those accepted were.

Hope that helps! Hopefully you'll have your decisions within the next 24 hours!!! :eek:

my heart just skipped a beat... anyone gonna sleep tonight... i'm gonna try but i'm not counting on it lol...

Thanks PlantersPunch. Stay warm and safe in this cold weather!

sleeping will be unlikely. i feel like i'm playing the lottery and millions of dollars are on the line. i really hope the best for all of you. i only found this discussion board maybe a week ago and it's been priceless to my sanity. good luck!

sleeping will be unlikely. i feel like i'm playing the lottery and millions of dollars are on the line. i really hope the best for all of you. i only found this discussion board maybe a week ago and it's been priceless to my sanity. good luck!

i think for me its been nice to know there are people out there as crazy about this as I am... but it has also been bad because if i hadn't found it, i might just be in joyous bliss right now not knowing how close we are to knowing...

hmm bittersweet?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! GOOD LUCK!

Good luck friends!!:luck: May the next few days bring us good news!:D

Has anyone (braver than I!) actually called to see if they will in fact be posting decisions today?

So.. I recieved a letter in January saying "I was not selected for INTERVIEW at this time" and I assumed that meant I was rejected. But I just checked my status (because Im obsessed and like the torture I guess) and it still hasnt changed at all.... does this mean that I am still being considered or are they just being nice and not posting a big fat "REJECTED" stamp to save my feelings??

So.. I recieved a letter in January saying "I was not selected for INTERVIEW at this time" and I assumed that meant I was rejected. But I just checked my status (because Im obsessed and like the torture I guess) and it still hasnt changed at all.... does this mean that I am still being considered or are they just being nice and not posting a big fat "REJECTED" stamp to save my feelings??

I don' think anyone's status has changed, even the accepted students.

Has anyone (braver than I!) actually called to see if they will in fact be posting decisions today?

I have sent an email to them a few days ago. But no reply...
Maybe they are too busy these days...

Anyway, it is Tuesday today. Good luck everyone!!:luck::xf:
It is 1am here in Hong Kong... I have to sleep...
Oh, I really want to wait for the email... Hope I can get good news when I wake up tomorrow~~

Good luck to us all~~:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

so i called admissions, just to ease my mind, doesn't look they will be out today. The said they are hoping by the end of the week.

The committee met all of last week and letters will be going out in the mail as well as posted online... Didn't really give me anything besides hopefully by the end of this week and that they lost a day yesterday...

so i'm retreating back to my corner biting my nails. Don't expect them today friends! But good luck and keep an eye open!

siiiiiigggghhhhh.....

AHHHH I got an email saying we will be able to view the decisions online today after 5:00pm. So we will know in exactly 42minutes....:eek:

Nevermind!! I take back my sigh!!!
Admissions decisions will be on the status page at 5pm EST!!!!
only 45 min to go people!:D:scared::scared: