UC Applicants: Post updates here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Bounty
I think UCLA is actually

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD: accepted 10/30; interviewed 9/23
UCSF: interviewed 11/7
UCI: interviewed 11/14
UCLA: interviewed 11/21
UCD: rejected post-2ndary

Hang in there, guys!

Originally posted by yodi
UCSD: accepted 10/30; interviewed 9/23
UCSF: interviewed 11/7
UCI: interviewed 11/14
UCLA: interviewed 11/21
UCD: rejected post-2ndary

Hang in there, guys!

Dude Davis rejected you w/o an interview and the others gave you an interview/acceptance, dam UC's are random. Do you mind giving us your stats, I'm just curious what it takes to get some UC love around here. You can PM me if you don't want to post it to everybody. The stats would help me see if I have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about UC Irvine being the slowest of the UCs...they put me on hold for interview just one week after my app was complete.

UC Davis: nothing post-secondary
UCSF: interviewed early dec.
UCLA: interviewed early dec.
UC Irvine: on hold
UCSD: interview invite! My app was complete six weeks ago, and they didn't put me on hold. Oh, and they email you about the interview before they update the status page.

hey guys,

i just checked the UCI status page and said my final decision letter is sent!! i've heard people say that they call if you're in...but i haven't received a call...think that's a bad sign? you guys think i should call them and threaten them until they tell me the decision?!??? as you can tell....i'm extremely anxious to hear back....ahhh!!!

Originally posted by dpy
hey guys,

you guys think i should call them and threaten them until they tell me the decision?!???

yes, please do. :rolleyes:

well ****! just checked my UCI status page and found out the space next to alternate says "on hold." nothing next to final decision letter. so what does this mean, waitlist? anybody else get this? btw, i interviewed on 11/14.

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
yes, please do. :rolleyes:

oh come on SP, you know i was kidding :)

zerOel----i just checked mine too and it said the same thing:(...what a bummer i was also there on 11/14.

nygirl - sorry for the bad news =(. i was really hoping for that phone call too. do u go to school in NY (cuz i don't think UCI interviews out of state applicants)? anyway, i was the male applicant who said i played ice hockey in college.

nygirl and zer0el...sorry to hear about being placed on hold...but there should still be a good chance to get in...

so did anyone who interviewed 11/14 get a call?

oh god, uci puts people on hold after interview?!
geesh, on hold seems to be their favorite category.

CRAP!!!!!!!!! I'm on hold too post interview....I interviewed on 10/31....oh well, :mad: +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

Ok, I was busy studying for my Oncology final today. I'm all stressed out and stuff, so I decide to take a break and check my email.

Well what do you know that I have an interview invite from none other than... UCSF!!! I was so happy! I've got interviews from my top two choices, and I couldn't be happier!

Now I have to schedule the thing, but I'm happy I get to stay a few days in San Francisco!!! Oh yeah, I ACED my final!!!

UCSF
Application complete: 11/14
Interview request: 12/12

UCSB,

Heres congratulating you from Beantown for your interview invite...Good luck!!:clap::clap:

Thanks a lot BobbyDylanFan.

Its much appreciated! I'll be sure to knock there socks off!

congrats, UCSBPre-med. good luck!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats UCSB!!!!! Good luck! :clap: :clap:

Wow, UCSB, you are kicking ass!!! Congrats and good luck! :D

UCSB premed you suck, I hate you and that guy who interviewed with us at drew who got into UCSD. :D As a matter of fact I hate everybody who gets into a UC, why don't you guys go to an Ivy school or something with big name so us loosers can take your place at a UC.

congrats ucsb!! :clap:

I hope the UC's decide to give us some love too. :)

me too, bruingold. it sucks to be on hold :( i'm putting all my hope into davis and am afraid i'm going to get a post-secondary rejection. i, too, REALLY want to stay in cali. i chose to go to undergrad and grad school on the east coast and am sick of the east coast quite frankly. it looks like i might be heading back there in the fall.

which uc's have you heard from? still no word from uci or ucd for you?

Good luck UCSB...hope you get into your 1st choice (Davis or UCSF). I met you at the Davis interview....what did you think about it? Did she ask you any hard questions? Hope you do well at UCSF...it's a great school and I know some cool peeps there.

We met at the Davis interview, cbpremed? Describe yourself so I can remember! How did you know it was me?

Well, Dr. Gandour-Edwards was VERY easy to talk to. She was nice, and I think it went well. She did ask me one of those ethical questions from the list, but it wasn't that bad, and I think she liked my answer. Its all about saying what you want and meaning it.

Well good luck to you.

Oh yeah guys, I haven't gotten in anywhere, so we're all in the same boat. I'm sure we all will get into med school, and make sure you post when you get your interviews!

UC Update:

I agree that UCLA is the slowest.

UCD: App complete 9/26; rejected postsecondary last week
UCSF: App complete Sept; interview invite 12/12
UCI: App complete Sept; interview invite 11/14
UCLA: nothing postsecondary
UCSD: App complete Aug: on hold for interview since Sept.

Good luck to everyone!

I am the African American female that had the interview with Dr. Edwards before you. I agree she was really nice. I really hope you get into Davis, I'd think you'd like it. I didn't meet or see any other African American students though...do you know if there are any there?
Originally posted by
We met at the Davis interview, cbpremed? Describe yourself so I can remember! How did you know it was me?

Well, Dr. Gandour-Edwards was VERY easy to talk to. She was nice, and I think it went well. She did ask me one of those ethical questions from the list, but it wasn't that bad, and I think she liked my answer. Its all about saying what you want and meaning it.

Well good luck to you.

Oh yeah guys, I haven't gotten in anywhere, so we're all in the same boat. I'm sure we all will get into med school, and make sure you post when you get your interviews!

Oh hey! Of course I remember you!

I do know there are a few African-Americans at Davis. The school has the largest proportion of minorites of all the California med schools.

It was really nice meeting you, and how did you know who I was? :D

lola, I've only had a little love from LA and haven't heard from them since. :( Haven't heard from UCD or UCI in awhile. UCI was very late in verifying my AMCAS for some reason, that's why I'm wondering if they are incredibly slow. I want to stay in Cali too. The east coast can be cool, but there really is no place like CA. Best of luck with Davis, hopefully you get an interview invite soon!!

Does anyone know until when UCI sends out their secondaries??

Yeah, I wish I knew too. Irvine is majorly laggin'!

Yeah, they are. I hope they get their act together and let me know what's up by the end of this week. But knowing how Irvine's favorite category is "on hold", they might just put me "on hold" for a secondary. :rolleyes:

I was lucky and got a secondary and an interview already at UCI. I checked last week, by the time they told me they would know and it says "on hold". Right, that is after the interview. Does anyone have a clue what this mean? Thanks

It seems like Irvine and UCSD just put everyone on hold. I've only heard of 2 people getting acceptances. Irvine hasn't updated my status page in forever!! When you got the secondary, did they email you or just update the page??

I wasn't checking back then. I was busy sending other secondaries when I got an email from Irvine. Same thing for the interview,never got anything in the mail. All email. I hope this on hold is temporal. I hope they send you an invitation for secondaries soon, don't you hate the wait.

regards

i guess i feel a bit better that others were put on hold after the interview at uci...but i guess they are just weird or soemthing...does that mean that they review you every cycle when they send out acceptances or are we on hold until they finish interviewing...does anyone know????

when was you interview, mine was nov 14th, just curious. I don't get why they put people on hold, maybe they are just simple not done with them and they put that up since people expected to see something after a month. Anyone else???

No love from UC Irvine... :(

Not even a secondary!

Hey, I just put 2 and 2 together...you said that you were African American and interviewing at Davis on the same day as me.....so I knew who you were. It was nice meeting you too.....getting anxious about the UC's and wondering which one would be the most diverse.....
Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
Oh hey! Of course I remember you!

I do know there are a few African-Americans at Davis. The school has the largest proportion of minorites of all the California med schools.

It was really nice meeting you, and how did you know who I was? :D

Thanks for letting me know that! Now, I can stop checking my status page compulsively and just wait to see if they even bother to email me anything. The wait really sucks! I wish they'd hurry up and make a decision one way or the other.

It always strikes me how screwed up the UC process is when somebody gets an interview invite from UCSF and not even a secondary from Irvine! WTF??

BRUINGOLD, I feel you.

I'm in the same boat. UCSF Interview on 1/15, no UC Irvine Secondary.

Totally random process.

UCSBPre-Med1, hope you rock the SF interview! :D

I have an Irvine update for anyone still waiting on secondaries. I called the office today (amazingly, they weren't insanely rude) and asked them how long they would be sending out secondaries. The woman sounded surprised that I hadn't already gotten one (bad sign, I guess), but she said January would be the last month they send them out.

Just got my UCSF interview (out-of-state, secondary complete early november)) invite by e-mail. I am interviewing in late January. There seem to be some openings in late January but soon there will only be spots open for February and March. When does UCSF start sending out the bulk of their acceptances? I hope late January is not a bad time to interview...

Originally posted by alphabeta53
Just got my UCSF interview (out-of-state, secondary complete early november)) invite by e-mail. I am interviewing in late January. There seem to be some openings in late January but soon there will only be spots open for February and March. When does UCSF start sending out the bulk of their acceptances? I hope late January is not a bad time to interview...

hopefully you will have your head in your ass during the interview.

oops, I stooped to your level. Oh by the way, my prior head in a@# comment was just a joke. I was trying to lighten things up, sorry I offended you but this repetitive aggression is unnecessary.

Congrats alphabeta53

can anyone explain to me why ucla has a lower acceptance rate after interviews than ucsf? I would think the other way around. According to USNEWS, 50% of interviewees at ucsf were accepted while only 40% at ucla. Just curious

dirtybob

Could it be different class sizes? Maybe more people say no to UCSF than UCLA. Most probably, UCSF interviews less people than UCLA and therefore they have a higher acceptance rate post-interview.

I think you're right about the # of interviews alphabeta53. According to the MSAR UCSF had 2539 CA applicants and 2295 out-of-state applicants and interviewed 10.3% of them, while UCLA had 3434 CA applicants and 2085 oos applicants and interviewed 14.1% if in-staters and 7.3% of out of staters. So it looks like UCLA does interview more people overall.

Originally posted by alphabeta53
Oh by the way, my prior head in a@# comment was just a joke. I was trying to lighten things up, sorry I offended you but this repetitive aggression is unnecessary.

your joke was so funny i almost forgot to laugh :laugh:
insulting that person about their math skills was also hilarious :rolleyes: