UC Applicants: Post updates here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i met her at a club down in old soho, where we drank champagne and it taste just like cherry cola

Members don't see this ad.

lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-LA!

anyone hear from davis recently?

Originally posted by alphabeta53
oops, I stooped to your level. Oh by the way, my prior head in a@# comment was just a joke. I was trying to lighten things up, sorry I offended you but this repetitive aggression is unnecessary.
Your comment to Lola was just RUDE--no excuse and NOT funny! Please take your own advice. Geez, what's up w/ all the new folks & the cockiness?!!! :rolleyes: Attitude adjustment time!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone needs to chill ... The Chronic knows what's best for you! Take a couple of these guys and call me in the morning ... Nerfertari, who are you? The SDN bouncer? Or perhaps the SDN Resident Assistant? The controversy is entertaining ... and if you were a Rastafari, I am sure you would be enjoying the show just as I do ...

I smell something brewing? Is it the "verbal ping-pong"? Or is it simply those tacos I had last night? Anyhow, everyone needs to chill ... The Chronic knows what's best for you! Take a couple of these guys and call me in the morning ... Nerfertari, who are you? The SDN bouncer? Or perhaps the SDN Resident Assistant? The controversy is entertaining ... and if you were a Rastafari, I am sure you would be enjoying the show just as I do ...

;)

I am starting to realize why people refer to pre-meds as anal pieces of s**t!

Scootad - Why do you want me to pull my head out of my ass? Do you want it in yours? I'm not into that Randy West bulls**t! I prefer the more traditional route...

Ha! Now that the shoe's on the other foot it aint so entertaining! ;)

I am loving every minute of this! Who said it wasn't? It gives me great pleasure to rip on chauncy people like yourself at work...it makes my day go faster! I can do battle, so feel free to keep things coming at me...I'm not gonna take it to heart...I won't wish you bad luck (having your head in your ass during your interview) or withhold application information from you...I know your panties get all bundled when YOU face confrontation, so chill...

i love bundled panties :oops:

Me too...it makes them easier to remove...;)

Lola has Don King in a leg lock .:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
** Bounty eases onto the couch with a bucket of popcorn and a large beer. **

UCSF trickles out acceptances right after the 15th of the month every month from December (the first small group were mailed yesterday) until May. After that they take people off the waiting lists throughout the month. Interviewing in January is fine, I wouldn't worry about a late interview until maybe April, when they've sent out a number of offers.

When do you start knowing if you have been waitlisted or rejected post-interview? After the 15th of every month or at one point later on? Thanks paean!

maybe they'll see right through you and start inviting nice people off the hold list in for an interview :laugh:

Originally posted by scootad.
Ha! Now that the shoe's on the other foot it aint so entertaining! ;)
Thanks for putting Mr. Chronically Ill in his place! :laugh: When these tools need some info or advice, they'll have to change their screen names to get some sympathy from us. I hate to see SDN go to **** b/c of dinguses like that. Gonna click on that IGNORE button! Hope we can keep the UC thread friendly.

"Mr. Chronically Ill"? Come on...You can come up with something better than that, especially since you dont even understand half of what my screen name entails...naive pre-med. Anyway, I know you want these digits cuz you like the way the Chronic talks to you. You like it when the Chronic smokes you, ashes you on the sidewalk and then sparks you back up again. Most little biyaaatches do...Don't be scared!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

I see the UC stress is getting to us. ;)

Anyone hear anything lately?

I just checked my UCI status page - i got that "on hold" thing post-interview. fun fun!

Oh and i interviewed 11/25.

happened a lil while back, but i got my first UC rejection by Davis in the most distasteful way (email). how dare they. =P

welcome to the UCI "on hold" after interview club
mine was 11/14

Originally posted by fusionid
welcome to the UCI "on hold" after interview club
mine was 11/14

Thanks fusion. We should have parties celebrating our ultracool status.

alphabeta-

You will either be accepted on the 15th, or sent to a smaller group who will decide if they want to consider you in the future or reject you. As these groups meet according to the group members' schedules, you could get a notice anytime in the month. (This was what I was told last year, I'm not on the ad com, so I can't verify it 100%, but it's at least a close approximation of the truth). Until after April 15th (decision day for applicants, when you have to give up multiple acceptances and choose one school), the consider later catagory is called hold. After 4/15, they see how many spaces they have left, and go through their hold list. They accept some holds, waitlist some (the waitlist is broken into two groups of roughly 50 applicants each, if you are in the top group, you have a good shot of acceptance), and reject some. So if you get a letter on the tenth of January, it's most likely to be a hold. Few people who they interview are clearly a bad fit for the school, so most interviewees initially get placed in the hold catagory. There is a theoretical chance of a hold being accepted before April 15, but it is highly unlikely.

I thought the last day to hold multiple acceptences is May 15? Isn't that what AMCAS says? Or is UCSF's different?

just a question...not really an update...has anyone received a post-secondary/pre-interview rejection from ucsd??? it seems like sf and davis have sent some but not sd...just wondering. it seems like they just put everyone on hold. i am starting to lose hope with the uc's:(.

i think uci and ucd just put everyone on hold. :( some people get off hold from ucsd (probably not very many?), but i'm not sure about irvine.

Originally posted by jtheater
I thought the last day to hold multiple acceptences is May 15? Isn't that what AMCAS says? Or is UCSF's different?

D-day (as in decision) is May 15

Sorry, my bad. May 15th. It's amazing how quickly I forget what last year was so important.

Nygirl6464, that's exactly what I'm wondering about UCI! Also, has anyone gotten a pre-secondary rejection from UCI? I'm getting so damn tired of them taking forever to decide whether or not I'm worthy of a secondary. :rolleyes:

omfg!
can i just give people who have not recieved secondaries a bit of hope... today i just happen to check UCSF web site and i got a secondary request. hello... i forgot that i even applied...

i have an sf update too for those of you who got that weird post-2ndary hold letter in the mail. when i called them today to ask about it they said that there is a "slim chance" (exact words she used) of getting an interview. i was bummed when she said that...she said a few do but it is rare...depending on the number that accept post-interview. she said that even though the letter says april 15th they are going to try to be through interviewing mid march. i don't know...i am just reporting what she said to me but it is weird b/c sometimes you get mixed things from the same school depending on who you talk to so i hope they do give the hold people interviews!

:(
oh well, i wasn't holding out much hope for them anyway.

I had given up hope on UCLA, but I just received a secondary in the mail....HOORAY!!!
:clap:

Congrats on getting the secondaries, guys!! Good luck! :D

just got a call from the dean at uci!

Its weird though, i interviewed on 11/25. then i checked my status online a couple days ago and it said On Hold. And this afternoon the dean left a message for me on my voicemail and it says a "final decision letter" has been mailed on the status page.

:):)

right on, congrats on this one
and thanks very much for coming back and posting. I am on hold after interview and waiting to hear from them. Interview 11/14

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

anyone have any updates on the uc's??? i tried calling davis today but they said on the answering machine that the office is closed thru 1/6. i was wondering if anyone had any updates on any ucs. what do you guys think the chances are of getting interview invites in jan/feb...when do they stop inviting for interviews???

Definitely do NOT give up on the UC's!! It is still very early!!

I just received a secondary from UCLA last week, and I know several people who were interviewed at UC's in March and April.

I even have a friend who interviewed at UCD in June and was accepted....not until the first week of September, but better late than never.

the uc's definately will still be interviewing well into next year. it ain't over yet. after a bunch of screw ups with my ucsf app it actually just got all completed with them 2 weeks ago and they assured me i still had a good chance of getting an interview. good luck.

Yeah, the UC's seem to be REALLY behind!

Has anyone appealed if they were rejected pre-secondary from a UC? (It is done a lot for undergrad, not so sure about med school though)

Or is it best to just contact them and see how they think you should approve for the next cycle?

I haven't heard of anyone appealing a pre-secondary rejection. But if your stats are at or above their averages and you have good EC's, I'd try to find out what happened. You might want to ask the school about their procedures for appealing. Good luck!!

last year there was someone on sdn who appealed a pre-secondary ucsf rejection. they ended up getting an interview but did not get accepted in the end.

I seem to remember last year someone on SDN being accepted to UCLA after appealing a pre-secondary rejection.

i guess it is kind of hard not to get discouraged with the uc's at least for me. they are all so slow---i haven't heard anything in about 2 months from any of them! it really sucks. i am not sure if the last couple of weeks it was b/c of the holidays that it was so slow so maybe it will start picking up.

has ucla sent out any presecondary rejections?

anyone else waiting to hear from ucsd post-interview? if you are, do you have any idea when their next committee meeting is?

Nygirl, I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard anything in a long time from any of them. It's also been 3 months and not one word from Irvine!

So anyone heard anything lately?