UC Applicants: Post updates here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys think its getting really late for ucla? or do they interview for a while. My app has been complete for almost 4 months!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA sends out secondaries until Feb. so I think they'll be interviewing for awhile.

well holy f***ing sh**. i've been waitlisted at UCI.
i suck.

Members don't see this ad :)
it is weird b/c of all the threads it seems that this one there have not been any new updates in awhile b/c the schools are soooooooo slow! it is so annoying and discouraging (at least for me:()...well, i hope we hear from them soon.

everytime i see this thread i'm thinking "you guys have updates???" :laugh:

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
well holy f***ing sh**. i've been waitlisted at UCI.
i suck.

I suck 2.... wish the other UC's would get a clue and tell us somethin..:rolleyes: +pissed+

Just called UCLA to see what was up with my app. They told me that they committee is meeting all through the month of Jan. and not to expect a (post-secondary) decision until late Jan. to early Feb.!!!

Just got the dreaded rejection email from Davis today. :( Looks like they're sending another round of those emails. Bye-bye cow country!

nefertari--sorry to hear about that...after reading your post i checked my email b/c i haven't heard from them in 3 months (post-2ndary)...and i decided to call and see what was going on....i talked to terri...she looked me up on her computer and said in a kind of not so happy voice "you should hear soon" so i think that my rejection email is coming too b/c of the way she said it and everything...i think the whole email rejection sucks!!! now i will probably be checking the email all the time for it b/c of what she said!

:mad: Just got the rejection from Davis today, too.

Originally posted by lola
everytime i see this thread i'm thinking "you guys have updates???" :laugh:

:) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :(

Did my 4 years as an undergrad at Davis mean anything? Apparently not...add me into the mix of rejectees. :mad:

oh god :( more e-mail rejections? UGH!! you're making me all nervous. sorry guys :(
how long did it take from app complete until rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry about the rejections, guys. I wish all of my rejections were sent by email--it sure beats having to wait for a letter.

i just checked UCI's status page and I've been put "oh hold" (post-secondary). They didn't even notify me. Do the UC's put everyone on hold, because I've been on hold at UCSD (post-secondary) for about 3 months now.

i think irvine & sd put everyone on hold or offer them interviews as far as i can tell. irvine didn't tell me either. i only found out by checking my status page. they were very quick to put me on hold (approx 2 weeks post receipt of secondary).

I think UCI and UCSD put everyone "on hold". The other UC's are pretty good about making a decision one way or the other.

Hey Bruin--

Do you know how UCLA and UCD inform applications that they have been invited for an interview (i.e., snail mail or email)?

CC

coldchemist

ucd usually informs by email i believe

while ucla informs you via snail mail, but you can check your status page, because the status page will be updated first before you receive your snail mail
dirtybob

Great. I check the status page about...once every ten minutes. Think I should make it once every five? Thanks for the info...

CC

Originally posted by BRUINGOLD
I think UCI and UCSD put everyone "on hold". The other UC's are pretty good about making a decision one way or the other.

I know from experience that UCI and UCSD don't put everyone "on hold". Last year, when I applied, UCSD interviewed me in mid-december and accepted me 3 weeks later. But UCI put me on hold. The admissions director at UCI told me on the interview day that a large proportion of people will be put on hold. But, a certain percentage of the interviewees on a particular day will get outright acceptances because they have the highest GPA compared to the other interviewees. So obviously, my GPA wasn't high enough to get an outright acceptance. But they did accept me 2 months later. I really don't know what was it that prompted UCSD to accept me immediately. Every school has different criteria for this sort of thing. That is why the UC's seem so random.

Best wishes.

i only interviewed at ucla... still waiting on this one.

This is for anyone who has interviewed at UC Davis.

I interviewed their on 12/3. I just wanted to know if any of you have gotten a decision about your status, and do you know how often the committee meets?

It will be SIX WEEKS this Tuesday. And I'm not patiently waiting by the phone. I wanna know da*n it!!! :D

Received an interview to UCSF via email.

Secondary complete late November.

Good luck to everyone.

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
This is for anyone who has interviewed at UC Davis.

I interviewed their on 12/3. I just wanted to know if any of you have gotten a decision about your status, and do you know how often the committee meets?

It will be SIX WEEKS this Tuesday. And I'm not patiently waiting by the phone. I wanna know da*n it!!! :D
You know??!! I was thinking the exact same thing! My mailbox and email have been dreadfully silent. This is rediculous. Sorry I had nothing helpful to add, just wanted to vent too.

Hey, cbpremed :).

In another thread, someone told me that the committee met on 1/6, and that they had 3 stacks of 20 applicants that they were considering.

I hope our apps were in there, as its been almost 6 weeks. I can't wait any longer...

Good luck to you. If you do hear anything, would you tell us?

whatsupdoc, did you recieve the ucsf interview request today (1/8)?

also whatsupdoc...were you originally on hold for interview before getting the email?

Alas, my Northern California dream has been torn by UCD...

UCD can suck it! Oh well, the med school is extremely close to the cow pastures...2 years of that smell, no thanks.

Originally posted by buglady

UCD can suck it! Oh well, the med school is extremely close to the cow pastures...2 years of that smell, no thanks.

Word....damn cow school. :D

Have either of you guys actually been to the Davis campus?

I've been there lots of times, and I've never smelled cow manure while there, especially at the medical school.

Whats with the stereotypes? Does everyone at UCLA surf and have big, fake boobs?

Davis, is in an "agricultural" area with cows and the like nearby, but it is by no means ON a farm, and does not smell like manure.

Don't insult my medical school(hopefully)!

We're just venting, UCSB, over the long wait, rude staff & rejection by email. Don't take it too personally. Davis is a super school, even during fertilizer season. However, I've biked thru and stayed there during the summer & the smell is potent. But since most of your med school time is spent indoors, shouldn't matter. Congrats on being one of the fortunate few interviewing there! ;)

LOL.

Thanks, Nefertari. :)

No hard feelings. I'm used to people making fun of Northern California.

I've been there lots of times, and I've never smelled cow manure while there, especially at the medical school.

Whats with the stereotypes? Does everyone at UCLA surf and have big, fake boobs?

Davis, is in an "agricultural" area with cows and the like nearby, but it is by no means ON a farm, and does not smell like manure.

Ya...sorry...just venting and being an a$$....i don't really mean the cow shot i took at davis. I would've loved to go to davis actually, unfortunately I was shafted w/o a secondary even.

UCSB, I PMed ya yesterday. Is your inbox full? Talk to you later!

UCD lost my application and I read here somewhere that someone else had this happen with UCD too. I was wondering if this is relatively common or what. All I know is that I've talked with admissions a few times and Ed has called my house and I get the feeling they think I'm lying about stuff. I haven't gotten a rejection yet, but I'm sure I'll get one soon, even though I'd really love to stay in Davis, cow smell and all (which I've never really smelt). They also *misplaced* my check for secondary fees. It seems like everytime I talk with them, I feel like their rolling their eyes at me and just waiting to push the send button on the ol' email-reject-o-matic. But if its happening with others, maybe my name won't stand out too much.

Hey, cbpremed :).

In another thread, someone told me that the committee met on 1/6, and that they had 3 stacks of 20 applicants that they were considering.

I hope our apps were in there, as its been almost 6 weeks. I can't wait any longer...

Good luck to you. If you do hear anything, would you tell us?

Uhh....yeah. Good luck to you too...hope cali gives me luv or it's off to cleveland...(Case). :p

Originally posted by buglady

i'm sorry buglady :(

but what's wrong with cow pastures? i feel rather at ease near them ;)

Received an interview invite from UCI yesterday...Hooray!!

Originally posted by Trix
Received an interview invite from UCI yesterday...Hooray!!

How were you notified? And were you originally "on hold?"

I received an email, and my invite status said pending for about a month.

App. was complete on 11/01.

I called UCI's admissions office and was told that they would be re-reviewing "on hold" for interview applicants at a later, yet to be determined, date and they are not continually reviewing on hold applicants. So it sounds like it'll be a while before anyone is taken off of hold for interview.

Originally posted by calipremed
I called UCI's admissions office and was told that they would be re-reviewing "on hold" for interview applicants at a later, yet to be determined, date and they are not continually reviewing on hold applicants. So it sounds like it'll be a while before anyone is taken off of hold for interview.

Does anyone know if this is the SOP for all the UC's? Do some review every month? Also, will this re-review eventually be for waitlist spots?

All of the UC's have put me on hold. Well...except for UCLA which just sent me a secondaryright b4 christmas.

Don't mind my bitterness, UCSB...I actually own a cowbell!

I live in Sacramento and grew up in a cow-town myself (Auburn). The high school I attended was conveniently located near a hay and feed store called the Cowpoke. They had this cool plastic, life-sized horse that stood attention in front of the store. During the holidays it would don a festive Santa hat. I know all about FFA and the Rodeo Club.

I'm very familiar with the Davis campus as well as the UCDMC. I was just a tad depressed that I didn't get an interview....you're extremely lucky to have been interviewed there. I hope you do get in, the medical center in Sacramento rocks.
:clap:

No hard feelings at all, buglady.

I'm from Stockton (which if some of you don't know is about 40 miles south of Sactown), and I go to school in Southern California. I'm so used to people from SoCal knocking and making fun of my home. Its gets old read quick.

Sorry if I sounded defensive, but in SB, you kinda have to be. ;)

I'm from Stockton (which if some of you don't know is about 40 miles south of Sactown)

Now I see why you didn't notice the cow stank surrounding Davis...you're accustomed to it!

;)

Don't take that too seriously, I'm just bitter regarding the Kings prowess over the Lakers this year...

Um, Stockton doesn't smell like cows, either. I'm guessing you were just joking, so I'll let that one slide. ;)

Oh yeah, my Kings are kickin' *ss this year huh? What are the Lakers? In second to last place? LOL

Good luck, with the Fake Show friend. :laugh:

Oh yeah, if you think LA is home to the sticky green, you've never been to NorCal, especially Humboldt County... :)

You must take me for your average run-of-the-mill unsocial naive pre-med. The only place I would visit in Norcal is Humboldt County (ok, and yes, San Fran too), but why would I do that when I could get everything Humboldt has to offer delivered to my doorstep? :rolleyes:

LOL. Yeah, you could have it delivered, but then your location is a hoax. If you are getting your stuff delivered, you don't really live in the land of the sticky green, do you?

Oh yeah, if the only place you would visit in NorCal is Humboldt and San Fran, then you are naive, about your own state, which is really sad...