UC Applicants: Post updates here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the Irvine invite.

I seriously hope Irvine makes a damn decision regarding my app soon. It's ridiculous for them to leave me hanging this long about whether or not they want me to fill out a secondary! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

congrats moskeeto! when did they receive your secondary?

thanks for the love. u guys rock.

Secondary Application Sent
Yes 11/6/2002

Secondary Application Received
Yes 12/17/2002

Letters of Rec Complete
Yes 12/17/2002

Application Complete
Yes 12/18/2002

Interview Standing
Invited 2/13/2003

good luck on hearing from then soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the Irvine invite!!! How were you notified?

via email sent at about 6:20pm Pacific time. i was actually at work on break when I got it.

Originally posted by Moskeeto
Interview Standing
Invited 2/13/2003

looks like i'll see you there, Moskeeto ;)

groovy. are you thinking about going on the morning tour? I think I'm gonna go if I can make it that early.

same here. i'm not much of a morning person. hey, what can i say? i work nights. are you going to stay with a host? i live pretty close by, so i'll just be coming from home.

How long do you guys think it'll take to drive there from LA at that time of day? I imagine the 405 must be horrendous... :( I'm still contemplating the optional tour too.

I have a good friend that lives in Placentia, I don't think thats too far of a drive, so I'll probably crash at his place if I can.
The more I think about it, I'm sure I'll do the tour because I'd really love to get in here and that will probably help during the interview.
I have no idea how long it'd take to drive. I dread the thought of having to drive down there. I pretty much only know how to drive from Davis to Chico.

hey,

Did you guys that were offered an interview at UCSF get this "post-bacc" info? It seems very insensitive of the committee to send such a letter to applicants. :confused: maybe this is a gentle way of saying I can't cut it in med school. what d'u guys think?

Originally posted by blackbird03
hey,
Did you guys that were offered an interview at UCSF get this "post-bacc" info? It seems very insensitive of the committee to send such a letter to applicants. :confused: maybe this is a gentle way of saying I can't cut it in med school. what d'u guys think?

Yeah, I thought it was very cruel too--I got that same post-bac info a few weeks ago, but then, last Mon, I found a UCSF interview invite in my email!!!! Exactly 5 months after my app completion date!!! It was so hard to not be able to share this w/ SDNers since the server's been down.

UCSF is my one & only love, and I've been so sad @ hearing zip from them since Aug that I recently stopped reading the UCSF threads. But now, I'll be digging up all those SF threads again! The earliest interview date they had was end of Feb, and I read that they interview til end of March or so. So for those of you who have heard nothing from SF, there might still be a chance, no matter how small.

How many of you were place on hold for an interview at UCSD? Were applicants out right rejected post-secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo Nefertari! Good luck at UCSF....very jealous of you :).

Congrats, Nefertari, good luck!
I recently got that email, too.... just when I thought I was almost done with all the interviews! (I'm at Atlanta as of the moment, for Emory's interview tomorrow, wish me luck :) )

I was also placed "on hold" at UCSD and UCI.. and I noticed quite a few other sdners were too (hmm... conspiracy between the two schools? :rolleyes: ) Someone posted they got off the hold list at UCI.. and I thought there was also someone who was off the UCSD interview list as well, but I'm not positive on that. And yes, there were post-secondary rejections (at UCSD).

congratulations, nefertari!!!!!! :)

so has anyone rec'd a letter from that batch that was sent out recently?
-- anxiously awaiting post nov interview

Great to see that the UC'S are not as constipated as before & there's been lots of movement recently. :D

Thanks for the encouragement, buglady, lola, and ronin! ronin, hope you're having a good day @ Emory & cool that you also heard from SF. I scheduled for end of Feb. When will you be there?

Congrats, pocwana, mystic & moskeeto on your UCI interviews! :clap:
pocwana, are u referring to UCLA just up above? Doesn't seem as though anybody on SDN has heard yet. Hope you'll get the good news in this batch! I interviewed in Dec, so i'm prepared to wait a while.

Originally posted by Nefertari
Congrats, pocwana, mystic & moskeeto on your UCI interviews! :clap:
pocwana, are u referring to UCLA just up above? Doesn't seem as though anybody on SDN has heard yet. Hope you'll get the good news in this batch! I interviewed in Dec, so i'm prepared to wait a while.
yeah, UCLA.

and congrats on your interview!

hey pocwana,

does your status say they sent you a final decision letter post-interview? mine says it was sent 1/28...but have yet to receive it. wonder what's taking so long for me to receive it....argh! oh well...patience is a virtue right? hope you hear some good news too!

so has anyone heard anything about whether the letters (post-interview) sent recently are acceptances, rejections, or waitlists?

Originally posted by dpy
hey pocwana,

does your status say they sent you a final decision letter post-interview?

nope, no final decision.
--still waiting...

Anyone know when the next UCLA ad com meeting is??

I've been waiting for a post-secondary decision for awhile now. I called the office a month ago and she told me they meet all through the month, but didn't give me any specifics. She also told me that I should have a decision by now. :mad:

Does any one else NOT have "letter sent" status post-interview who has interviewed early (in december or november). Does that pretty much mean rejection or alternate list??

I don't have "letter sent" either and I interviewed in early december. I certainly hope that doesn't mean I'm rejected or waitlisted. I think they just sent their first batch of acceptances out though, so I'm still mildly optimistic.

any updates on UCLA? I just emailed them regarding my post interview (12/4) status and they said that my application was under review... i wonder if they tell everyone that!

Well, finally heard back from the UC's. Here's my update:

UC Davis: post-secondary rejection
UC Irvine: pre-secondary rejection

I got my UCSF rejection. thats cool.

accepted UCSD

Originally posted by dr. deez
any updates on UCLA? I just emailed them regarding my post interview (12/4) status and they said that my application was under review... i wonder if they tell everyone that!

all I know is that a batch of acceptances were sent out on 1/31. good luck!

Can anyone confirm that they have received an acceptance from UCLA? I haven't seen any posts celebrating a UCLA acceptance. Unfortunately, my little box after final decision letter continues to be blank (post-interview from early November!!). So, I am guessing that good news is not in my future from UCLA. :(

Originally posted by Teach
Can anyone confirm that they have received an acceptance from UCLA? I haven't seen any posts celebrating a UCLA acceptance. Unfortunately, my little box after final decision letter continues to be blank (post-interview from early November!!). So, I am guessing that good news is not in my future from UCLA. :(

my friend received an acceptance from UCLA a week and a half ago

My UCLA final decision letter box also remains blank after an early Dec. interview. :( Either good news is not in my future, like Teach said, or the admissions committee is being erratic - hopefully the later... keep those fingers crossed.

Also, I should add a post-interview (Dec.) UCSF rejection here. Postmarked Feb. 4.

Originally posted by Teach
Can anyone confirm that they have received an acceptance from UCLA? I haven't seen any posts celebrating a UCLA acceptance. :(

I received an acceptance from them last week. :)

dpy

Originally posted by mystic_b
My UCLA final decision letter box also remains blank after an early Dec. interview. :( Either good news is not in my future, like Teach said, or the admissions committee is being erratic - hopefully the later... keep those fingers crossed.

Also, I should add a post-interview (Dec.) UCSF rejection here. Postmarked Feb. 4.
Hey mystic,

Sorry to hear @ SF. Hope you'll receive good news from LA. Seems like UCLA is 2 weeks behind (i.e. they were going to send out the first batch mid-Jan, but it was more like early Feb). I also remember Deanna Moon mentioning that we could wait til March or so. Last year, lots of folks who interviewed before X-mas didn't hear til March/April.

I remember we interviewed @ the same time in early Dec. I don't have an update on the status page either, except for receipt of transcripts. Do you remember how often they have their Thursday committee meetings?

hey UCLA peeps...remember that time of interview is not important...its that you got one that is important. They will ofcourse review first come first serve but will not make a late january interviewee have a less chance at getting in vs an early november interviewee (quote from ad com) so dont worry and good luck. UCLA is my top choice and i am waiting to hear back post interview :)

Originally posted by dpy
I received an acceptance from them last week. :)

dpy

woot! woot! congrats, dpy!

Originally posted by pocwana
woot! woot! congrats, dpy!

Thanks! :) I am EXTREMELY excited and grateful about UCLA. I've been in love with this school since my freshmen year =)

you're waiting to hear back from them right? I certainly hope you get in...you've been a great asset to the SDN forums...good luck!

ucla is really weird...i talked to other applicants who have received both post primary and 2ndary rejections but i still have nothing on my status page after the primary...when i called a couple of days ago they said they might still be sending 2ndaries thru the end of the month...i think that she didn't know wha tshe was talking about!!!! i can't imagine getting a secondary when it is mid-feb. and actually stilll having a chance at an interview!!!

congrats dpy and the boy wonder. :clap:

nygirl, i'm in the same boat with ucla. they suck! i mean, if i'm rejected, why can't they just tell me? :( i got the same end of february story when i called a couple of months ago.

Originally posted by lola

nygirl, i'm in the same boat with ucla. they suck! i mean, if i'm rejected, why can't they just tell me? :( i got the same end of february story when i called a couple of months ago.

They're not telling you because you aren't rejected. They may still give you a secondary that late. Thats ok for them because they review secondaries fairly quickly after they receive them to make a decision regarding interviews(at least that was my case). Unfortunately they made a decision I did not want them to make.

rejected from ucsd post-secondary :( i looked up my status online, and it says final decision letter sent 2/12. oh well.

Originally posted by Nefertari
Hey mystic,

Sorry to hear @ SF. Hope you'll receive good news from LA. Seems like UCLA is 2 weeks behind (i.e. they were going to send out the first batch mid-Jan, but it was more like early Feb). I also remember Deanna Moon mentioning that we could wait til March or so. Last year, lots of folks who interviewed before X-mas didn't hear til March/April.

I remember we interviewed @ the same time in early Dec. I don't have an update on the status page either, except for receipt of transcripts. Do you remember how often they have their Thursday committee meetings?

Heh, I didn't even know the committee met on Thursdays. And who's Deanna Moon? An admissions lady? I guess I didn't learn much on my visit there. :confused:

Don't you have a UCSF interview coming up? Best of luck on that one. Iit's a wonderful place.

And let me add a big congrats to dpy here too! :clap:

I'm sure someone has asked this already, but we are without the search function...so sorry in advance....but does anyone know how late it is possible to be taken off of the On Hold for Interview at UCI?

brutus,
i got off hold at uci a week or two ago. now mine says "review in process". i'd imagine it is still possible to get off hold (unless i was one of the last ones or something). good luck :)

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
They're not telling you because you aren't rejected. They may still give you a secondary that late. Thats ok for them because they review secondaries fairly quickly after they receive them to make a decision regarding interviews(at least that was my case). Unfortunately they made a decision I did not want them to make.

So how long did it take you guys to hear back from UCLA regarding an interview post-secondary. I submitted my secondary about a week ago and would love to hear back soon, but I'm really getting my hopes up too high because I know UCLA sends out quite a few secondaries (3,000+) and only interviews around 600 of those people. I would be SHOCKED and in utter disbelief if they sent me an interview invite. *crossing fingers*

thanks lola and mystic_b!

Originally posted by cipher
So how long did it take you guys to hear back from UCLA regarding an interview post-secondary. I submitted my secondary about a week ago and would love to hear back soon, but I'm really getting my hopes up too high because I know UCLA sends out quite a few secondaries (3,000+) and only interviews around 600 of those people. I would be SHOCKED and in utter disbelief if they sent me an interview invite. *crossing fingers*

My file was complete 9/10, invited for interview 10/3. Took about 3 weeks for me...but they're probably moving faster now.

brutus, I'm sure they're still taking people off 'hold' status. You should check frequently to see if you status changes to "review in process" like lola's just did. Mine changed from 'hold' to 'review in process' about 2 weeks ago and then within 3 or 4 days I received an interview invite. Good luck!

Originally posted by cipher

i got the sec request the day b4 xmas. my file(LORs and such) was complete around mid jan and i got the rejection letter early feb...pretty quick turnaround if u ask me. i was hoping if ucla were to give me the axe that they'd let me dream for at least a month after my files were complete.