This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received an IS invite @ 3:00 PM!! I have a physics quiz tomorrow and tbh can't study now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I just received an IS invite @ 3:00 PM!! I have a physics quiz tomorrow and tbh can't study now.
CONGRATS!!!! now im checking my email like crazy lol

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS!!!! now im checking my email like crazy lol

Thank you! Fingers are crossed for you, Tru!! It'll come when you least expect it, so hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite at 6pm today!!!

Reactions: 4 users
those of you who got an interview invite, was it through email?

Got an interview invite too! Definitely having a hard time studying now too haha

Reactions: 5 users
yes, a email notification saying that you have a message in your portal

It's from their no-reply email which states you have a message in your portal. Check your portal and it will state "interview." so kind of.

Got an interview invite too! Definitely having a hard time studying now too haha

Congrats! It's so difficult. My professor is literally going to laugh at me tomorrow for being unfocused in lab. Last week I was so on point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone that got an interview invite! Good luck!!!

I am not expecting to get one, but still curious if any one of the people who got invites are OOS? Also, do they usually send the rejections the same day?

Reactions: 1 users

I am not expecting to get one, but still curious if any one of the people who got invites are OOS? Also, do they usually send the rejections the same day?
I am IS!

Got an IS invite at 5:59, by email!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone who got a invite today would be willing to share their last 45 quarter unit gpa, science gpa, and quant gre score?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone who got a invite today would be willing to share their last 45 quarter unit gpa, science gpa, and quant gre score?

Yeah, of course! So I got wrecked by undergrad. Struggled my first and second years (mental health reasons). This is my second application cycle:
Last 45: 3.95
Sci: 3.51
GRE: 157 (66%)

Yeah, of course! So I got wrecked by undergrad. Struggled my first and second years (mental health reasons). This is my second application cycle:
Thanks, my gpa's are somewhat similar to yours (Last 45: 4.0, science: 3.44), and I'm also from IS, but I got a terrible GRE score. I am hoping that my letters of rec, and experience get me a holistic review invite.

Last edited:
Thanks, my gpa's are somewhat similar to yours (Last 45: 4.0, science: 3.44) but I got a terrible GRE score. I am hoping that my letters of rec, and experience get me a holistic review invite.

I'm hoping the best for you!! Fingers are crossed!

Did you get an interview your first cycle to Davis? Congrats!!

Sure! I am in state.

Last 45 quarter unit GPA: 3.96
Science GPA: 3.82
GRE Quant: 164

^my stats are pretty much the same, also IS

I’m OOS. As far as I know they wait until closer to the end of the month to send rejections, as they’ll be pulling people off the waitlist to fill spots from those who decline interviews.

Yep! I’m OOS

Last 45 GPA: 4.0
Science: 3.98
GRE: 160

Got an interview invite! After selecting a time slot, is there any confirmation notification or just the "checked off box" there?

Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

For whoever was asking there is nothing to prepare for just come as you are and try to not stress against all odds. Good luck!

Did you get an interview your first cycle to Davis? Congrats!!

I sadly did not. I was within the holistic group last year and I was up against some tough competition. But, I knew if I could raise my GPA during my last year of undergrad, I might have a chance to interview the following year. I pulled by last 68 up from a 3.63 and my science from a 3.43!

I sadly did not. I was within the holistic group last year and I was up against some tough competition. But, I knew if I could raise my GPA during my last year of undergrad, I might have a chance to interview the following year. I pulled by last 68 up from a 3.63 and my science from a 3.43!

Congrats on the improvement and the interview this year!!

I was just wondering how you knew you were within the holistic review group last year? Did they notify you of your overall ranking?

Congrats on the improvement and the interview this year!!

I was just wondering how you knew you were within the holistic review group last year? Did they notify you of your overall ranking?

Thank you!
Our senior genetics class basically all applied to Davis and were freaking out when we hadn't heard anything, but some classmates had heard. One of my classmates had called and asked admissions last year and they said the holistic invites were going out the following day. I don't know if it's true this year, but it seems to be the case. I was not, however, notified of my ranking.

Last edited:
Don’t loose hope if you haven’t heard back yet everyone!! Invites for interviews are going to be sent out throughout the next two weeks or so :)

did you get a message?
No, just know that they invite about 10% OOS (roughly 50 students) for interviews so idk how many more OOS got invites but since they’ve already sent some... odds aren’t in my favor

Don’t loose hope if you haven’t heard back yet everyone!! Invites for interviews are going to be sent out throughout the next two weeks or so :)
Do you mind me asking who told you this? Or is it just a guess/assumption?

Do you mind me asking who told you this? Or is it just a guess/assumption?
It's from Davis messages and on the website. After November 14th, interview offers will be made out to the waitlist.

Just got an interview invite at 6pm today!!!
got an interview woohoo!!
Got an IS invite at 5:59, by email!
Got an interview invite! After selecting a time slot, is there any confirmation notification or just the "checked off box" there?
Congratulations!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email. Denied admission. Congrats to all who got an interview! I wish y'all the best!

I also just got denied. Not surprising, given this:

Non-Resident applicants
Average VMCAS Science GPA: 3.92
Average Most recent 45 Sem/68 Qtr Units GPA: 3.95
Average Quantitative GRE Score: 84%

You guys are SO IMPRESSIVE! Good luck, you deserve this!

Denied as well. This was a OOS reach school for me.

Best of luck during your interviews!

Denied - bummer. Was a reach for me, too, and I am OOS so not a big surprise. Good luck to all who got interviews!

Sorry, I didn't realize I was being a jerk. I was certain grades are the only thing they consider pre-interviews for non-residents. I actually was sincerely impressed with the fact that some people do that well in school.

I didn't think you were being a jerk. I had the same reaction as you when I saw the stats. I wish I could have done that well in school! :wideyed:

Rejected IS as well. It’s okay though! Congrats to those who got interviews

Rejected IS :(
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!! Go and rock some socks off!

Rejected OOS :arghh: It was definitely a big reach for me but I'm glad I applied. Congrats to everyone who got interviews! :love:

I got a denial as well. OOS. My stats were on-par with the IS average stats. Good luck and congratulations to everyone who received the interview invite!