You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis C/O 2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do MMI scenarios require you to have studied/prepared beforehand? Like on ethics or current issues?
Nope! I definitely did not. Each scenario will give you info on what you'll be asked about or asked to do. They really just want to know what kind of person you are by seeing how you interact and speak about your opinions on the fly. I would prepare by doing some practice questions with a friend just to get more comfortable with speaking on a time limit. Make sure you're familiar with your own morals/ethics as this will help you answer questions like "what would you do and why?". Having some examples from life wouldn't hurt.
Thanks for the response! Would you say it was difficult thinking of enough things to talk about?Nope! I definitely did not. Each scenario will give you info on what you'll be asked about or asked to do. They really just want to know what kind of person you are by seeing how you interact and speak about your opinions on the fly. I would prepare by doing some practice questions with a friend just to get more comfortable with speaking on a time limit. Make sure you're familiar with your own morals/ethics as this will help you answer questions like "what would you do and why?". Having some examples from life wouldn't hurt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to make sure... we aren't suppose to get a confirmation email after we select a spot for interviews, correct? mine just has the green box that says selected and I just want to double check thats all! I just got randomly paranoid haha!
You are correct!! Mine has that same little green box that says selected so you are totally okay. It's always good to double check though. You never know.
Sometimes. There will probably be some scenarios where you can relate and have lots to talk about and then some where you literally don't know what to say. I definitely did not feel awesome about every interview that day, but some advice they always give you is that when you leave one interview, leave it behind no matter how you think you did, focus on the next and start fresh.Thanks for the response! Would you say it was difficult thinking of enough things to talk about?
That's amazing! Congrats!!!I just got off the interview waitlist and will be interviewing the morning of December 6th! Still in shock that this happened?!

Does anyone know the date when we are suppose to turn in the fall transcripts if admitted? I am in a continuous class and want to try to get it done before those are due!
That would probably be a good question for admissions. They would have an exact date for you. The only thing I was able to find was that all outstanding courses must be submitted and completed by the end of Spring 2019 term.
Good luck everyone on next weeks interviews! (They came so quickly 😱) Try not to stress! Also good luck to the people with interviews the week after! I'm sure I'll see you around but none of you will know who I am 😛. If you figure it out come say hi!
You all did great! I saw each and every one of you today 😉. I know you all did phenomenal!
What’s the weather like in Davis right now? I’ll be coming from snow in Ohio and want to be prepared
Foggy and kind of chilly (40-50 degrees)What’s the weather like in Davis right now? I’ll be coming from snow in Ohio and want to be prepared
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else super nervous about the interviews? I’m so bummed— I let nerves get the better of me! I have a terrible feeling I blew my one shot at getting into Davis
Anyone else super nervous about the interviews? I’m so bummed— I let nerves get the better of me! I have a terrible feeling I blew my one shot at getting into Davis
Yeah I feel the same way 🙁 I think I was too repetitive and didn't talk about everything that I should have 😳
Anyone else super nervous about the interviews? I’m so bummed— I let nerves get the better of me! I have a terrible feeling I blew my one shot at getting into Davis
Yes! I think I missed the mark with a few of them! I wish I could have done better most definitely :/
I definitely feel the same way, for a few I felt like i was getting lost in my thoughts and just kept repeating myself but still not getting my point across:/ I wouldn't be surprised if I got rejected from them, personally. Don't worry though, remember everyone was nervous and those type of questions are designed to make you think on your feet!Anyone else super nervous about the interviews? I’m so bummed— I let nerves get the better of me! I have a terrible feeling I blew my one shot at getting into Davis
I think most people feel that way, don't worry! Also remember that you got an interview and that is a huge accomplishment! A large portion of people that get invited for an interview get an acceptance offer. Keep your head up, it's almost over.
Congratulations on being done with interviews!
(except for the VSTP students, I have no idea what your schedules are)
Congratulations on being done with interviews!

(except for the VSTP students, I have no idea what your schedules are)
I definitely feel the same way, for a few I felt like i was getting lost in my thoughts and just kept repeating myself but still not getting my point across:/ I wouldn't be surprised if I got rejected from them, personally. Don't worry though, remember everyone was nervous and those type of questions are designed to make you think on your feet!
I felt the same as well! And I don’t think it helped that I was feeling MAJOR side effects (nausea, dizziness) from my anxiety medication (for my disorder) so I was trying to hold it together the best I could haha.
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has contacted the school or has heard about a more definitive date about admission decisions? I have interview offers from east coast schools from January 25-28 so I need to book my flights soon to keep the prices low, but my Davis decesion could influence if I even need to fly at all...
Hope everyone was able to enjoy the holiday season and is less nervous than I am about all of the the upcoming news!
Hope everyone was able to enjoy the holiday season and is less nervous than I am about all of the the upcoming news!
I think we could possibly hear today or sometime this week? (Based on two years ago)
Last year they heard back on January 16...
And if you go waaaay back in SDN archives, it can range from like January 6th - January 16th. But, we're in the final *~days~*.
congratulations!!! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw now why couldn't I have gotten you as an accepted? 😀 congrats!Also IS accepted! I literally cried when I got the call
Thank you!! 😍 I was surprised that students called! I thought it would be someone from admissions hahaAw now why couldn't I have gotten you as an accepted? 😀 congrats!
Congrats to everyone getting good news today! I randomly signed on to SDN for the first time in ages and it happens to be the day people are hearing from Davis. I graduated in 2013 (holy crap, I’m old), and UC Davis is an absolutely amazing school. It was tough, but I have such fond memories from vet school. Good luck to those still waiting to head 🙂
We volunteered! This was the best day of my week by far, enjoy this feeling, it's the best!Thank you!! 😍 I was surprised that students called! I thought it would be someone from admissions haha
I balled on the phone call! whoever called me MADE my day so thanks for volunteering!!We volunteered! This was the best day of my week by far, enjoy this feeling, it's the best!
Congrats! When did you receive the phone cal?
OOS accepted!! I got the call a couple hours ago!
They said portal will be updated on FridayNothing🙁
When will the portal be updated?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did I not hear about this??We volunteered! This was the best day of my week by far, enjoy this feeling, it's the best!
Part of the ambassador program!How did I not hear about this??
Still waiting 🙁
Nothing🙁
When will the portal be updated?
Same. Nothing yet. But guess what? We’re all in it together.
But serious props to those who have been accepted!
Same questiondoes anyone know if they're still calling or if they're done?
Results will be out by Friday, sorry I don't have any more information for you!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 324
- Views
- 111K
A
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 736
A