UC Davis Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlq3d3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it say on all of your status pages? I did the secondary about 2 weeks ago, but "application complete" is not checked off and the button that says "secondary application" still works.

Members don't see this ad.

What does it say on all of your status pages? I did the secondary about 2 weeks ago, but "application complete" is not checked off and the button that says "secondary application" still works.

I got an email saying that they received my fees, but the "application complete" box is still not checked yet.

Edit: I just called them to check on the status, and they said that they were downloading VEs and printing them now, and that they'd printed out 600 letters this past week, and as soon as your letters are printed and added into your file, they'll update your status on the secondary page to say "application complete" They said they removed the tab that said "email sent about letters/fees received" because it was confusing.

Was the secondary invite by email? I'm a bit worried/confused because I have 3 boxes: AMCAS received, Application complete, and Interview scheduled. The only box that is checked is AMCAS received. This means I have not been granted a secondary, correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the secondary invite by email? I'm a bit worried/confused because I have 3 boxes: AMCAS received, Application complete, and Interview scheduled. The only box that is checked is AMCAS received. This means I have not been granted a secondary, correct?

Yes. You'll get an email and there will be a button which you can use to enter the secondary application once you're granted a secondary. BTW, Davis and SF seem to be the most random of the UCs as to who/when they give secondaries to, so don't worry if you don't get it right away. I got my Davis sec about two weeks after they first started sending them out and I was verified 6/9.

For those who submitted the secondary: is the "secondary application" button still working? I submitted but wonder why they still let me go to the application as if I have not submitted.

For those who submitted the secondary: is the "secondary application" button still working? I submitted but wonder why they still let me go to the application as if I have not submitted.

After you submit for UC Davis, it says that you cannot access the app anymore at all, which is true. If the button is still active, are you sure you submitted all the way through? I would double check and submit (again) if necessary...

Otherwise, you run the risk that you actually did not submit and are sorta just sitting on it now...

This same exact thing happened to me. At first I was worried my original submission had not made it ... but after I clicked "Home" on the left hand side of the screen and then re-logged in to check my status, the page re-loaded with the "Secondary App Completed: xx/xx/xx" and the "secondary app" button was gone.

Yes. You'll get an email and there will be a button which you can use to enter the secondary application once you're granted a secondary. BTW, Davis and SF seem to be the most random of the UCs as to who/when they give secondaries to, so don't worry if you don't get it right away. I got my Davis sec about two weeks after they first started sending them out and I was verified 6/9.
Thanks for the info - I just got Davis yesterday (a month after they got my AMCAS).

All the UC schools (including Davis) got my AMCAS application on 8/6/07 and I haven't heard a peep from any of them since. I have been checking the status websites and they all say "pending review". Is this typical?

Just got an email from UCD confirming that my application is complete and is now under review.

UC Davis was really slow last year according to my experience... So just hang in there and time will come

UC Davis was really slow last year according to my experience... So just hang in there and time will come
Ditto this. I'd say a good quarter of us that are attending UCD now didn't interview until March or April. Lots of us didn't recieve acceptances until mid to late June. UCD's application cycle skewed late last year; not sure if it will this year.

It's a great med school though. Best of luck...

Hi
I was recently accepted to UC Davis!!! I interviewed in late-November. Ed had mentioned that I'd be received the acceptance letter/packet shortly, but now >1week later, I haven't rec'd anything. Is this norm? just want to make sure it didn't get lost somewhere

thanks

Hi
I was recently accepted to UC Davis!!! I interviewed in late-November. Ed had mentioned that I'd be received the acceptance letter/packet shortly, but now >1week later, I haven't rec'd anything. Is this norm? just want to make sure it didn't get lost somewhere

thanks

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when were you complete? I interviewed there late november, and i haven't heard anything yet, so i'm really anxious to find out whats up.

I interviewed in December and got rejected (via email). They call if you get in, so probably if you haven't heard (and you interviewed) you're on some sort of "hold"/ waitlist. I think:)

Good luck:luck:

Hi

thanks

Yeah same here. Since you haven't gotten it either, they must just not have sent it yet....?

:luck::luck:
Yeah same here. Since you haven't gotten it either, they must just not have sent it yet....?

i guess that's the only logical assumption...I've been holding off telling too many people (ie. my job) until i'm holding that letter in my hands haha

I loved UCD...still holding out for UCLA, but either place would be great!
Doesn't Davis have a 2nd look weekend? any idea when that is?

bruinator--
I interviewed in the tail end of November...just about after Thanksgiving.
I was complete approx. around mid/late August.

best of luck to everyone waiting for decisions :luck::luck::luck:

:luck::luck:

i guess that's the only logical assumption...I've been holding off telling too many people (ie. my job) until i'm holding that letter in my hands haha

I loved UCD...still holding out for UCLA, but either place would be great!
Doesn't Davis have a 2nd look weekend? any idea when that is?

bruinator--
I interviewed in the tail end of November...just about after Thanksgiving.
I was complete approx. around mid/late August.

best of luck to everyone waiting for decisions :luck::luck::luck:

Same exact situation here. Loved Davis but still holding out for LA.

i was looking at last year's davis thread...it seems things are much more quiet for this time of year right?

got the UCD packet yesterday..just fyi for anyone waiting for it