UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be picky, but I just realized that end of this week is actually Feb. 2nd...meaning that if they get back to us then it will be past the 1/31 deadline they set...

More waiting...

since when the hell did they keep their promise?

Members don't see this ad.

True. Let's just hope this waiting ends soon.:smuggrin:

Does anyone know how UCLA will make decisions for the people interviewing in the next couple months who aren't included in this first batch? Do you think they'll send them on a rolling basis or is there another date in the late spring when they send them all out again? Oh, and gluck to those of you who've been waiting anxiously :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Never thought we be on page 5 of this thread w/o decisions...

Has anyone gone to the office recently by any chance, or perhaps called them today?

just got scheduled for an interview on march 9th, do you all think that i'm interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point?

**** at least I got an interview (don't know who's looking out for me but someone is)

A lot of people are echoing this sentiment. Does anybody know if there is truth to this statement based on previous year's stats?

I guess it makes sense for rolling desicions....but would like to have a little more hope.

Has everyone in here pretty much lost any hope of getting any decisions before next week???

That's not to say that I have that much hope either, but let's keep this thread alive. Only 2 hours passed w/o it being on the front page. :D

Has everyone in here pretty much lost any hope of getting any decisions before next week???

That's not to say that I have that much hope either, but let's keep this thread alive. Only 2 hours passed w/o it being on the front page. :D

haha the thread will live, in fact, at this rate it'll reach the 1000 post closure mark before we get any change on the status page, much less that mythical letter in our mailboxes.

Last year decisions went out when the thread reached page 6.... granted, that was at the end of February though... :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Status page still the same....

GL all! Here's hoping we get some status page updates soon!

And it's 1/31/07, for some reason I thought that date had some significance.

called today...said there was some "big problem" thats causing the delay,

one more week of twiddling my thumbs. geez. the only school i really WANT to go to is taking forever! sheesh.

haha. g'day.

and why dont more of you people call instead of just posting repeatedly on this thread...not in a mean way, but im curious?

admiss office phone number:

I interviewed about a week ago. I was told by a girl in the admissions office that decision would take 4 weeks.

I am very skeptical.

one more week of twiddling my thumbs. geez. the only school i really WANT to go to is taking forever! sheesh.

haha. g'day.

and why dont more of you people call instead of just posting repeatedly on this thread...not in a mean way, but im curious?

because we have lives (hahahahaha, totally shooting myself in the foot - why would we be on SDN all the time if we had lives?), plus, it gets repetative,as long as someone calls everyday, we all find out. Plus, I want to puke every time I call a medical school, even the ones I've been accepted to - it makes me so nervous!

haha. g'day.

Personally, I can tell you for a fact that I call about once a week...but I think beyond that is a bit excessive for any single person.

The answers are usually very vague, but I do agree that more people should call so the burden does not fall on any one individual.

Good luck everybody!

haha. g'day.

when you called today, did they say they will get back to us in a week?

BIG PROBLEM?

Wonder what that could be...
Any interesting speculations to pass the time?

:idea:

but they said that the last 3 wks. so [shrug] hahhahaha.

I don't personally call them because I think it's kind of pointless. Can u imagine how many of the exact same calls they must get every day? Calling them doesn't actually expedite anything; it's not like they don't know that we're all anxious for answers, and I'm sure they're working their asses off, no matter what delays occur. Not to mention, whenever ppl call, they just give different answers to get rid of us. lol. So calling them doesn't make any difference. On the other hand, just venting about it here and keeping this thread alive with pointless posts doesn't bother them, and gives us a healthy outlet. ;b

agh.. do I even have a chance at this point as an OOS? I got an interview in Feb

Haha... maybe one of their databases got hacked again... :confused:

Somebody up there doesn't want us to know our admissions decisions... *-*

Wonder who would want that?
Hmmm.....

The Trojans! :laugh:

(We should call Chloe O'brian... )

(Not that funny but we are gettig close to page 6)

Very close to page 6...this is sorta becoming ridiculous...

And we used to complain that last year was BAD...we're getting closer...

Very close to page 6...this is sorta becoming ridiculous...

And we used to complain that last year was BAD...we're getting closer...

I'm thinking someone is going to create a new thread once final decisions are sent out...just to have a fresh start...page 1 again.

the funniest thing about this thread is its called happy January 15th :laugh:

Bump...

Any News As To Whether This Thing Is Gonna Be Over By Tomorrow Or Next Week?

It needs to be changed to "Happy February 1st :)"

:sleep:

until there is another "major problem" that delays the letters until February 15th.

maybe we'll have a valentine's day present from ucla?

until there is another "major problem" that delays the letters until February 15th.

maybe we'll have a valentine's day present from ucla?

We're showing a lot of love for UCLA, it's about time they showed some back :) :love: :love:

Does anyone know whether the first batch of responses would be only acceptances or include waitlists and rejections? I know last year they mixed everything, but that was supposed to be different from previous years, when it was just acceptances in the first batch. Kind of interested to know since it could be a while before status change and getting in mail box, and could be driving myself nuts for no reason...

We're showing a lot of love for UCLA, it's about time they showed some back :) :love: :love:

I don't know, I'm actually kind of hoping for a Saint Patty's Day celebration. Hopefully nothing on April Fool's Day, unless it's a rejection! :cool:

Can someone kindly verify this new one week deal, as of the last time I checked, it was end of this week?

This is hurting me. I'm in pain.

UCLA, I love you... Why do you hurt me like this?

:luck: :love: still dreaming of ucla :love: :luck:

GL everyone!!!

its snowing here right now...kinda like it did in Westwood a few weeks ago :laugh:

I hate winter :(

This is hurting me. I'm in pain.

UCLA, I love you... Why do you hurt me like this?

dopamine, how is the rest of the process treating you? any other schools send you some good feedback yet?

I have a really good feeling about Feb 17. That's 15 days from now. Let's run with it..

dopamine, how is the rest of the process treating you? any other schools send you some good feedback yet?

I have a really good feeling about Feb 17. That's 15 days from now. Let's run with it..

I got into 3 schools, including UCDavis, which I would be honored to attend!

Thank you for inquiring. A good feeling about Feb. 17? Noted.

Phil says it's an early spring. Sounds significant.

the hand of time moves ever on and on...yet its still January 14th in Westwood, LA, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.