UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True, and the interview day at SF was far more involved (tour, etc).

I guess I just meant from SDN and talking to current students, I was told OVER and OVER to expect very little from the interview day, that the second look weekend is when they flash more color/jazz it up/do more for the applicants, and that I should expect MAJOR delays with decisions.... That's all I meant.

Considering the prep I got, I am not too disappointed. Had I not been prepped - I would be appalled!

True dat. As a (hopefully, one day, soon!) accepted and enrolled student, I would hope that, in a world of limited resources, the school dedicated what funds they have to the students how ARE there as opposed to spending them on the students who HOPE TO BE there. However, as a current member in the latter club, I wish it were different.
 
ANTA UCLA!!!
sad-smiley-040.gif
sad-smiley-040.gif
sad-smiley-040.gif
 
I know it is a public school and never expected the level of involvement at any UC as I would at a private school. Still the other UCs I interviewed at, SF and SD, both have email notification and have been able to send out acceptances as advertised.

So it's a little more traditional, what's the rush? When you are accepted, do you plan to matriculate earlier than August/Sept 2007? I think not.

I am in the same boat, and waiting in eager anticipation.
But sometimes in life, it's good to develop the virtue of patience. You will be doing this again in four years as you apply to residency programs. Much like the idea from the Book of Revelation and the doomsday predictions that are pushed as an agenda by so many groups - live your life normally until the moment comes. What good is it to worry about it?

Learn like you will live forever. Live like you will die tomorrow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. I was ecstatic when I found that I was offered an interview, but the interview day was disappointing. I came in hoping to learn more about the school. Instead, I was pointed to a doctor's office, where my interview started an hour and a half late, then went to get lunch (which was pretty good) with other interviewees and 2 students, then went home. That's it. No tour, no presentation, no information. I feel like I know nothing about the school, so if I am lucky enough to get in, I will have to go back and visit it again. Hopefully, the med school experience at UCLA doesn't resemble the uncoordinated, poorly planned, delay-ridden interview and admissions process.

Fuji, UCLA has an enormous campus. Sometimes, self-exploration will be more enriching anyhow. The UCLA interview is a bit like volunteering at an ER: it can be a boring state of idleness, or an extraordinary opportunity.

If you feel like you know nothing about the school, perhaps you should pose some questions to the students. What's the curriculum like? What do you do for fun? Do you receive grades? How is the faculty? What are electives?

Delays are inevitable and will continue until you become an attending. As an intern, do you think you will have the right to say, "Well I arrived at 5 AM and did my pre-rounds, and you, chief resident, are not ready for presentations until 6:35! I have been sitting here for 15 minutes!" You should be reading, better understanding your case, perhaps planning the day or taking a moment to rest.

Attitude is everything.
 
you can't extrapolate the nature of UCLA's administration from the actions of its admissions office...its an unfair way to judge the school. I made a point to talk to the students there the night before my interview and during the interview day to get a realistic view of the school.

still no status change, I hope they hurry up!:luck:
 
Guys, I have a feeling it aint happening again today. This thing might very well drag into mid feb...

anyone have any updates?
 
Hey all, I know the interview day is not the greatest --- I'm actually on a committee to improve it (lol). The second-look weekend is 1000 times more impressive! Definitely attend it if you are accepted. Don't let the interview day/admissions disorganization mar your impression of the school. Everything is extremely organized once you are actually in school, and the faculty will bend over backwards to make you feel welcome and unique. It's an amazing place. 🙂
 
Hey all, I know the interview day is not the greatest --- I'm actually on a committee to improve it (lol). The second-look weekend is 1000 times more impressive! Definitely attend it if you are accepted. Don't let the interview day/admissions disorganization mar your impression of the school. Everything is extremely organized once you are actually in school, and the faculty will bend over backwards to make you feel welcome and unique. It's an amazing place. 🙂

I had a hunch that was the case. 🙂 Sorry for sounding negative... It's just, I had such high hopes going into the interview, and I was sad it was so short... But, I did take a long walk around afterwords and decided that the beautiful campus rivals Berkeley's, the campus I fell in love with as an undergrad. So, here's hoping I'm luck enough to attend a second look weekend where I can get a better picture for the school.
 
But, I did take a long walk around afterwords and decided that the beautiful campus rivals Berkeley's, the campus I fell in love with as an undergrad.

Ah, 'twas UCLA's gorgeous well-manicured campus that drew me away from the more lush-earthy Berkeley....
 
Guys, apparently they are posting Letters sent for some people:scared:

Yeah, but negative pre-interview status changes, apparently....???

My page is still same old, same old - But maybe this means they are uploading/changing decisions for the rest of the afternoon?

A girl can dream...

:luck: 😍 dreaming of ucla 😍 :luck:

EDIT: Anyone wanna call and see what's going on?
 
Yeah, but negative pre-interview status changes, apparently....???

My page is still same old, same old - But maybe this means they are uploading/changing decisions for the rest of the afternoon?

A girl can dream...

:luck: 😍 dreaming of ucla 😍 :luck:

EDIT: Anyone daring enough to call?

I figure who ever's entering the data has a list. right now she's on pre-interview rejections. She's got about 2 more hours of work (if she works until 5), maybe she's got another list... of post-interview responses... but I'm sure we've got at least another hour of her updating to see if we're updated (those that interviewed)...
 
I figure who ever's entering the data has a list. right now she's on pre-interview rejections. She's got about 2 more hours of work (if she works until 5), maybe she's got another list... of post-interview responses... but I'm sure we've got at least another hour of her updating to see if we're updated (those that interviewed)...

Wouldn't it be nice if that's the case! That would be AWESOME!!!! 🙂

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on previous year's experience, do they usually send a batch of pre-interview rejections before the post-interview responses?
 
I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!! I need to know so I can function and sleep..
:scared: 😱 😕 😡
 
Based on previous year's experience, do they usually send a batch of pre-interview rejections before the post-interview responses?

From what I found, acceptances last year went out on 2/22.

Someone posted that they were rejected on 2/17.

2/17 was a Friday, 2/22 was a Wednesday...

Maybe next week acceptances will be going out?

EDIT: One person who posted on the 17th checked on 2/17 but the action was dated 2/10....?

EDIT II: Oh, wait, has nobody been rejected by UCLA yet this year (post-secondary)? If that's the case, maybe they are running earlier this year.. Seems like the first rejections last year were mid-Feb with first acceptances ~1-2 weeks later? Hmm...

What does this all mean?!?!? haha
 

From what I found, acceptances last year went out on 2/22.

Someone posted that they were rejected on 2/17.

2/17 was a Friday, 2/22 was a Wednesday...

Maybe next week acceptances will be going out?

oh my god oh my god! it's really happening!! the closer it gets, the worse it gets!!

(no status change here btw, it's the same for the other post-interview ppl right??)
 
after a long day/night I come back to this!!!!!!!!!!!

ucla is sending out news???????? at least pre-interview rejections?

what does this bode for us post-interviewees with no news on the status page???
 
Hey all, I know the interview day is not the greatest --- I'm actually on a committee to improve it (lol). The second-look weekend is 1000 times more impressive! Definitely attend it if you are accepted. Don't let the interview day/admissions disorganization mar your impression of the school. Everything is extremely organized once you are actually in school, and the faculty will bend over backwards to make you feel welcome and unique. It's an amazing place. 🙂

I second that!

:laugh: 😍 :laugh:
 
after a long day/night I come back to this!!!!!!!!!!!

ucla is sending out news???????? at least pre-interview rejections?

what does this bode for us post-interviewees with no news on the status page???

Stay in TN. Leave UCLA for the Californians who have lived here their entire life. Thats my opinion at least.
 
Stay in TN. Leave UCLA for the Californians who have lived here their entire life. Thats my opinion at least.

👎

do you realize how much I hate winter? do you realize how much I've always wanted to live closer than 6 hours from the closest beach (MS 👎 )?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, for some reason as we get closer to the end of January...I'm just not as hopeful that the decisions will be coming out after all...

It's a combination of past history and current delays...but hopefully I'm wrong.
 
Well, for some reason as we get closer to the end of January...I'm just not as hopeful that the decisions will be coming out after all...

It's a combination of past history and current delays...but hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree. They're never coming out. EVER. At least, if I think this way, I won't go crazy waiting, eh?
 
end of this week

but do you believe them? Cuz I dont

At first, I'd scoff and say, "Ha! Of course that's what they're saying! That's what they've said for the last 3 weeks!!!"

But last year, the 1st pre-interview rejections went out about 1-2 weeks before the first acceptances.... Since first rejections were last Friday, I'm guesing this week or next for acceptance letters to be mailed.... just a hunch, maybe I'm wrong, but a girl can dream....

😍 dreaming of ucla 😍
 
I agree, it's hard to believe "end of this week," when that's what was said for 3 weeks in a row so far...
 
maybe it is because they will interview everyone, and once done interviewing, they will start accepting. I just got my invite today after being complete for 16 weeks.
 
maybe it is because they will interview everyone, and once done interviewing, they will start accepting. I just got my invite today after being complete for 16 weeks.


I think probably not, given that that's not how it was last year, and on their site they say they interview Oct-Mar.... Last year 1st acceptances went out in Feb. Supposedly they wait until they have a large enough pool to start separating pp into lists (accept, reject, waitlist).

Seems like they are running earlier than last year based on 1st rejection dates...

They're also still updating the status pages (sadly enough, more pp are getting rejected pre-interview today)... maybe post-interview decisions will be up in the next week or so? Hmmm...

GL everyone (pre & post interview)!!!! :luck:

😍 ucla 😍
 
I think UCLA gets the award for laziest admissions office.

Stanford is a close second.
 
I think UCLA gets the award for laziest admissions office.

Stanford is a close second.

Towelie, how do you fit so much wit into your over-smart head? You have the best acceptance/interview record I've seen. Wowzers. When are you going to start withdrawing? Where are you leaning toward??
 
Towelie, how do you fit so much wit into your over-smart head? You have the best acceptance/interview record I've seen. Wowzers. When are you going to start withdrawing? Where are you leaning toward??

yeah seriously towelie... impressive. what 'engineering school' do you attend?
 
Hate to be picky, but I just realized that end of this week is actually Feb. 2nd...meaning that if they get back to us then it will be past the 1/31 deadline they set...

More waiting...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hate to be picky, but I just realized that end of this week is actually Feb. 2nd...meaning that if they get back to us then it will be past the 1/31 deadline they set...

More waiting...

maybe they just aren't accepting anyone this year
 
just got scheduled for an interview on march 9th, do you all think that i'm interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point?

**** at least I got an interview (don't know who's looking out for me but someone is)
 
just got scheduled for an interview on march 9th, do you all think that i'm interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point?

**** at least I got an interview (don't know who's looking out for me but someone is)


when were you complete (i am still waiting to hear, i wasnt complete until 11/2 - but i did not get the pre-interview final letter sent message yet that some others got)

and, by the sound of it - you are certainly not interviewing for the waitlist yet (not even sure if they have accepted a single person yet, from the sound of the above posts)
 
and, by the sound of it - you are certainly not interviewing for the waitlist yet (not even sure if they have accepted a single person yet, from the sound of the above posts)

I agree that people getting interviews are not interviewing for the waitlist at this point. However, decisions on applicants have been made all along --- the people who've interviewed just don't know about it, yet.
 
I was complete 9/7, and it took them till 1/12 to send out that interview request letter...couple weeks go by and now my interview is scheduled for march 9th.

I know that no acceptances have been sent out, but when you interview late are there some schools that it's simply for the waitlist?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.