You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~
Started by QuantumMechanic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Has anyone called, what's the last word?
I just called the admissions office to ask them when I should expect to hear back from them (I interviewed in September). The lady said that all the files are with the Dean right now so they are just waiting for him to take action. She also said that "there is no set date yet, but you should be in the first batch of decisions, and you will hear within the next couple weeks." Interpret that however you like!
more waiting I guess... 🙁
more waiting I guess... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone called, what's the last word?
I broke down and finally called. "There's no set date. The Dean has the letters and they will begin sending them in the next few weeks. A change in your status page means the final letter has been sent."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i can't stand it anymore...
haha looks like we called at the same exact time!
I broke down and finally called. "There's no set date. The Dean has the letters and they will begin sending them in the next few weeks. A change in your status page means the final letter has been sent."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i can't stand it anymore...
Is it sad that after reading these few posts, I went & checked my status page? haha..... here's to wishing and hoping!
😍 ucla 😍
GL ALL!
😍 ucla 😍
GL ALL!
🙁 I don't know how much more of this I can take... They longer they make me wait, the more I want them! I think it's like a forbidden fruit thing, or maybe it's like smelling the pizza in the kitchen when you've been waiting at your table for what seems like hours already. Cmon, UCLA, I'm starving here... give me a bite!
Well, that seems good. All the dean has to do is sign those puppies, and they're off.
Six pages? You guys are driving me crazy. Everytime I check this thread, I think, "there's got to be good news."
Six pages? You guys are driving me crazy. Everytime I check this thread, I think, "there's got to be good news."
How do you know he only has to sign them?
dopamine, how is the rest of the process treating you? any other schools send you some good feedback yet?
I have a really good feeling about Feb 17. That's 15 days from now. Let's run with it..
😴
I don't. It's a Saturday 😉

P
plutonium
I don't. It's a Saturday 😉
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Of course it is - that is the day I will receive the letter, you see. Right-o cheeri-o.
How do you know he only has to sign them?
You're right. I don't know that. But, it's a good (and optimistic!) guess.
If our applications have been reviewed and decided upon by the committee, and, "the letters are with the Dean." I'm guessing he isn't going to be re-laboring over them solo. 2-min review and sign, 2-min review and sign. That's like... thirty of us an hour. This is based on what the Assoc. Dean told us at UCSF about the final step in their process... could be totally irrelevant.
I've moved into wanton, absurd speculation here. Just what this thread needs. 😛
P
plutonium
You're right. I don't know that. But, it's a good (and optimistic!) guess.
If our applications have been reviewed and decided upon by the committee, and, "the letters are with the Dean." I'm guessing he isn't going to be re-laboring over them solo. 2-min review and sign, 2-min review and sign. That's like... thirty of us an hour. This is based on what the Assoc. Dean told us at UCSF about the final step in their process... could be totally irrelevant.
I've moved into wanton, absurd speculation here. Just what this thread needs. 😛
Please choose me. Love me.
P
plutonium
Apparently Drew is releasing decisions by February 16th, and since Drew and UCR are essentially UCLA programs, there is, I presume, some form of communication between the admissions offices. Therefore, I believe my 17th February target is, well, on target. (Assuming mailed out 16th, and that you live a block from Westwood!)
Otherwise, the 20th, or the following Tuesday from the 16th, is the date that you might expect receipt of a letter on the East Coast.
This is all hypothetical, based on limited evidence, and even more limited knowledge of the US postal system. Interpret accordingly.
😎
Otherwise, the 20th, or the following Tuesday from the 16th, is the date that you might expect receipt of a letter on the East Coast.
This is all hypothetical, based on limited evidence, and even more limited knowledge of the US postal system. Interpret accordingly.
😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently Drew is releasing decisions by February 16th, and since Drew and UCR are essentially UCLA programs, there is, I presume, some form of communication between the admissions offices. Therefore, I believe my 17th February target is, well, on target. (Assuming mailed out 16th, and that you live a block from Westwood!)
Otherwise, the 20th, or the following Tuesday from the 16th, is the date that you might expect receipt of a letter on the East Coast.
This is all hypothetical, based on limited evidence, and even more limited knowledge of the US postal system. Interpret accordingly.
😎
I like the way you think...I hope you are right (well I hope its earlier) 🙂
Apparently Drew is releasing decisions by February 16th, and since Drew and UCR are essentially UCLA programs, there is, I presume, some form of communication between the admissions offices. Therefore, I believe my 17th February target is, well, on target. (Assuming mailed out 16th, and that you live a block from Westwood!)
Otherwise, the 20th, or the following Tuesday from the 16th, is the date that you might expect receipt of a letter on the East Coast.
This is all hypothetical, based on limited evidence, and even more limited knowledge of the US postal system. Interpret accordingly.
😎
How did you find out Drew is releasing decisions on the 16th?
2nd that!
To be honest, Drew may send admissions decisions much earlier than UCLA...at this rate. Does anyone know when they will release decisions for their Jan group? It would be nice to know since I'm interviewing for Feb...we'll see how many spots are left by then 🙂
To be honest, Drew may send admissions decisions much earlier than UCLA...at this rate. Does anyone know when they will release decisions for their Jan group? It would be nice to know since I'm interviewing for Feb...we'll see how many spots are left by then 🙂
I already did my interview but on the status page, it still says " Interview: Scheduled"... Should it say completed or something?
they never change it
ok UCLA fans, another week of pining is about to start!
wonder what this week will bring....!
GL!
GL!
wonder what this week will bring....!
GL!
nothing
i think decisions will be out at the end of THIS Month just like last year
P
plutonium
February 16th my dearest friends!
Again, based on the Drew information (see earlier posts).
Again, based on the Drew information (see earlier posts).
Where are you getting Feb. 16th from? I believe you're getting it from another thread that was merely referring to an interview date.
I don't believe Drew has released any dates whatsoever regarding release dates of decisions post-interview.
More waiting, but I don't believe there is a set date or even a time frame. At this point the decision could come anytime.
I don't believe Drew has released any dates whatsoever regarding release dates of decisions post-interview.
More waiting, but I don't believe there is a set date or even a time frame. At this point the decision could come anytime.
The Drew and Geffen admissions processes are completely different. Just because Drew is (supposedly) releasing decisions on Feb. 16th does not mean that Geffen will.
The Drew and Geffen admissions processes are completely different. Just because Drew is (supposedly) releasing decisions on Feb. 16th does not mean that Geffen will.
UCLAstudent, I see on weather.com that it is 88 degrees in LA...can you please step outside for me and bask in the warm sunlight? The winter here is bleak, but sometimes when I close my eyes tight and when I stand next to the vent, I can feel the warmth too.
LOL...that's funny...
Anybody have any word if the dean finally got around to sign these wonderful letter.
Anybody have any word if the dean finally got around to sign these wonderful letter.
Call me ignorant/wishful/delusional/etc, but I'm still hoping for some good news this week! 🙂 Hopefully in the form of a status page update, with letter soon to follow 🙂
GL everyone!
😍 dreaming of ucla 😍 
GL everyone!
😍 dreaming of ucla 😍 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍UCLAstudent, I see on weather.com that it is 88 degrees in LA...can you please step outside for me and bask in the warm sunlight? The winter here is bleak, but sometimes when I close my eyes tight and when I stand next to the vent, I can feel the warmth too.

Ok everyone, the SECOND you hear ANYTHING, be sure to post on this thread!!!!!
P
plutonium
Where are you getting Feb. 16th from? I believe you're getting it from another thread that was merely referring to an interview date.
I don't believe Drew has released any dates whatsoever regarding release dates of decisions post-interview.
More waiting, but I don't believe there is a set date or even a time frame. At this point the decision could come anytime.
Keep calm, my friend. It is but speculation. In response to your comment, however, it is based on a CALL to the admissions officers responsible for the Drew program, not an interview date as you (arbitrarily) suggest.
A release could come at any time, I agree.
P
plutonium
Here's a fun time-occupier:
Go to the Accepted tab on the Admissions website and read through all the 2010 orientation materials, which include equipment requirements, information on the Human Body & Disease week-long course, and the social calendar (bowling, BBQs, white coat ceremony).
Oh, pomp and ceremony!
Go to the Accepted tab on the Admissions website and read through all the 2010 orientation materials, which include equipment requirements, information on the Human Body & Disease week-long course, and the social calendar (bowling, BBQs, white coat ceremony).
Oh, pomp and ceremony!
dreaming...
"By the end of the month."
The 2/23 date from last year is starting to seem all too real 🙂
GL to everyone waiting & GL to UCLA Admissions Office in getting everything together amist the pre-med info-request phone calls, of which I too am guilty (albeit, only one call made since I interviewed) 🙂
The 2/23 date from last year is starting to seem all too real 🙂
GL to everyone waiting & GL to UCLA Admissions Office in getting everything together amist the pre-med info-request phone calls, of which I too am guilty (albeit, only one call made since I interviewed) 🙂
I couldn't help but called the admissions office today. THe lady said that they're a month behind and that decisions should start to come out on Feb. 15th. She couldn't tell me up to which interview date this first batch of letters include because it depends on whether the committee has reviewed your application yet. That's all I could get out of her and thought you guys should know.
....more waiting it is....so close yet so far!!!
....more waiting it is....so close yet so far!!!
I couldn't help but called the admissions office today. THe lady said that they're a month behind and that decisions should start to come out on Feb. 15th. She couldn't tell me up to which interview date this first batch of letters include because it depends on whether the committee has reviewed your application yet. That's all I could get out of her and thought you guys should know.
....more waiting it is....so close yet so far!!!
10 days then...
See, it really depends who you talk to - the lady today told me "by the end of the month" (see above).
SOOOO, it's either (a) Feb 15 (b) by the end of the month or (c) TBD
GL everyone & here's hoping for 2/15 (a lucky day - my sister's birthday!)
😍 ucla 😍 
SOOOO, it's either (a) Feb 15 (b) by the end of the month or (c) TBD
GL everyone & here's hoping for 2/15 (a lucky day - my sister's birthday!)
😍 ucla 😍 
There's so much conflicting information, it's hard to tell what's gonna happen.
I'd just say the whole process now seems a bit odd, considering they were on schedule till about 20 days ago.
Anyways, good luck to you all.
I'd just say the whole process now seems a bit odd, considering they were on schedule till about 20 days ago.
Anyways, good luck to you all.
UCLAstudent, I see on weather.com that it is 88 degrees in LA...can you please step outside for me and bask in the warm sunlight? The winter here is bleak, but sometimes when I close my eyes tight and when I stand next to the vent, I can feel the warmth too.
Sure thing! The weather's been amazing the past few days. 😍
This is just a general question. Anyone from the south or east coast applied to UCLA? If accepted, what is the likelihood that you would go to the west coast to attend UCLA? It seems like a drastic move....but I was just wondering.....
G-luck to everyone waiting, just be patient (easier said than done)
🙂
G-luck to everyone waiting, just be patient (easier said than done)
🙂
This is just a general question. Anyone from the south or east coast applied to UCLA? If accepted, what is the likelihood that you would go to the west coast to attend UCLA? It seems like a drastic move....but I was just wondering.....
G-luck to everyone waiting, just be patient (easier said than done)
🙂
UCLA is #3 on my list of schools that I interviewed at right now (Harvard and Penn are #1 and #2). I guess it'd be "drastic" but what's wrong with a little change? It is far away from family and such but I would love to establish a new set of friends and live somewhere other than the south for once. As much as people claim that the south's people are different, I find from personal experience that it is a generalization. There are rude and stuck up people here too.
"By the end of the month."
The 2/23 date from last year is starting to seem all too real 🙂
GL to everyone waiting & GL to UCLA Admissions Office in getting everything together amist the pre-med info-request phone calls, of which I too am guilty (albeit, only one call made since I interviewed) 🙂
2/23 is my birthday so it would definitely be amazing to get a nice birthday gift from UCLA 😉

P
plutonium
2/23 is my birthday so it would definitely be amazing to get a nice birthday gift from UCLA 😉![]()
Bump, of Scandinavian origin.
Guys, this waiting is becoming so painful...
...not necessarily because of the waiting, but because of all the different deadlines we keep getting...
Specially given that even indication before these delays came out was that they were ahead by about a month compared to last year (which was supposed to be a terrible year in terms of release dates).
OK, enough complaining
...not necessarily because of the waiting, but because of all the different deadlines we keep getting...
Specially given that even indication before these delays came out was that they were ahead by about a month compared to last year (which was supposed to be a terrible year in terms of release dates).
OK, enough complaining
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
P
plutonium
Guys, this waiting is becoming so painful...
...not necessarily because of the waiting, but because of all the different deadlines we keep getting...
Specially given that even indication before these delays came out was that they were ahead by about a month compared to last year (which was supposed to be a terrible year in terms of release dates).
OK, enough complaining
Nociceptors are firing. Who is the dean of David Geffen anyway? I have difficulty finding information about the admissions staff on the website.
I should note that PATIENCE, the word, comes from Latin PATIENTIA, from PATIENT- ('suffering'). Indeed, I am very patient.
UCLA is #3 on my list of schools that I interviewed at right now (Harvard and Penn are #1 and #2). I guess it'd be "drastic" but what's wrong with a little change? It is far away from family and such but I would love to establish a new set of friends and live somewhere other than the south for once. As much as people claim that the south's people are different, I find from personal experience that it is a generalization. There are rude and stuck up people here too.
I hope you get into Harvard so I don't have to be your UCLA classmate. You annoy me.
P
plutonium
You are dear to my heart, friends.
UCLA's curriculum is comparable to that of Harvard's, and if you want to pursue something at either institution, you can make it happen. Harvard has greater funding from external sources like NIH and private donors, but that does not make it superior. The quality of medical students at graduation is roughly equivalent I would argue. The UCLA students might be a bit happier because of the sub-zero temperatures in Boston, but otherwise, parity could be observed across certain benchmarks.
Nevertheless, coming onto the UCLA thread (which this guy started, I might add) to say "Well yeah only if I don't get into HAHVAHD or YALE or UPENN would I consider THAT school. Anyone hear back?"
Please. I pity the man that strictly adheres to US News rankings and not to real quality. Consider for a moment two students that both put X Clinic on their résumés. One student attends persistently and passionately, getting to know the patients by name and caring for them outside the clinic. Student two shows up, chats with friends, and giggles when asked to take the patient's BP or perform a basic clinical task.
That second person has the potential for maturity, and should not be tossed aside as a careless human being. But let's face it, both those students are in the cycle now, and it's quite possible that their scores on paper and even activities are similar. Therefore, it is plausible and likely that both immature and even insincere students will be admitted to good schools. Our hope is that the allopathic education will engage such students to bring them to the levels of personal passion and maturity of those of the veterans (even the same-age "veterans.")
There is no reason for you to cite your preferences on this thread - one, no on cares; two, we dislike people who don't like UCLA - unless you have something to backup your post, like reasons behind your preferences and decisions.
This coming from a Harvard affiliate.
U-C-L-A FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
WHAT?😕
That was a long response to nothing. 🙄
WHAT?😕
That was a long response to nothing. 🙄
hmmm... At least he was right about how we dislike people who don't like UCLA.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 440
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 5K